• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Destinations!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

nelly <3

wayfarer~
Website
www.facebook.com
Ok KHI, as you all know - it's that wonderful time of the year again! It's summmerrr! (I know I couldn't be any more excited!) School is out, & the heat has begun!

So, knowing that we have like (3 months of doing nothing) what are you planning on doing this summer? gonna go on vacation? or will you be just soaking up the sun in your own backyard? (nothing wrong with that)

Now with Destinations:

Tell me where you lovelies are located at:
Where have you been in the past for Vacations & where do recommend for tourists attractions, what to do and what NOT to do:
Where will you be going this year:
And if you're not going anywhere: just say it, dream vacation!

I work in the airline Industry, so all I see infront of my computer screen is the 72 destinations that the airline I work for flies about. With letters and codes and customer's telling me they would like to change their flight date. (So not much room for conversation there :|) with your cooperation I think this would really be a great learning experience for all of us - to give us new ideas to go visit new places, and we would have an idea of what to do!

I'll start!

Location: Farmington, UT (yes, it really sounds like a hicktown well - because it is)]

Past Travels:
Southern California: Do go visit the beaches, Specially Santa Monica and San Diego. Want a taste of a real hipster lifestyle? do go to Venice Beach, CA.
Do: go visit Hollywood, it is a must. No questions asked, I think it because like the craziest town ever at night. IMO.
Do Not: Ride the Metro at night over there. LA is so dangerous at night, there's nothing but crazy people lurking around in the subways. So if you can - go with a great group of people, or if you can, split the costs for a taxi.
Chicago, IL: Do go visit the skydeck at the Willis tower and enjoy the scenery at the John Hancock building.
Do: try to finish a Chicago deep-dish pizza (nearly impossible to even finish one slice but they're super delicious! and eat a Chicago Style Hot dog with no ketchup in it! (I nearly found it an impossible task!
Do not: Go to Lake Shores at night. With the wind blasting in your face and you're by the lake. It just gets soooo freaking cold.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin: Just go an enjoy the peace and quiet that you will never have in Chicago. Enough said, but it's aswell a really pretty place!

Where will I be going this year: Hopefully in August, to NYC and Fort Lauderdale, Florida (first time visiting the East Coast!)

Dream Vacation:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

all personal pics from my facebook:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

thanks! :D

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
Tell me where you lovelies are located at: I'm in San Jose, CA which is pretty much a vacation spot of its own since San Fran is 45 minutes north and Santa Cruz is 30 minutes to the east which has more beaches than I can count.

Where have you been in the past for Vacations & where do recommend for tourists attractions, what to do and what NOT to do:
Tbh, I've never really been on a vacation. I guess the closest thing would be going to San Diego for college visits/football stuff. And I did go to Tennessee for a week for the same reasons but that was pure hell. And I did get to go to Chicago for a weekend just to see some people perform at the Congress Theater.

Literally nowhere. Maybe to SF a few times.

And if you're not going anywhere:
There are so many places I've yet to see in the states (NYC, Florida, etc.) I've never been out of the continental US either so my geography of the outside world is pure crap. I plan on widening that variety this year though.

Awards
I'm going to Florida this year, which I don't recommend to anyone unless you really really hate yourself.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I'm going to Florida this year, which I don't recommend to anyone unless you really really hate yourself.

Zombies, dude.

I am in a terrible little garbage town full of white trash located in New York State, I've never been on vacation, my dream vacation is Disney World/Land/Whatever, and where I'll most likely be this summer:
tron_39.jpg

DiceKiller

hope I don't rust
Live in really deep south Texas. The only good thing about living here is that South Padre Island is only like a 30 minute drive, so I'll probably go there every other week to make the most of my summer. I don't think any summer vacation can compare to the one I had a couple of years back, where I went to the Grand Canyon, then Disney World, then Universal Studios on our band trip. Then the day after I got home, my dad took us to see the Grand Canyon, Hoover Damn, and then we stayed at Las Vegas for three days. It was pretty amazing, but I started missing being in my room after awhile. I felt so relieved when I finally got back home.

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
![video=youtube;oWtCDlRuZUw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWtCDlRuZUw[/video]MILWAUKEE!

Black car, black tints, like it's gothic

Shawty

Awards
Tell me where you lovelies are located at: Maastricht, the Netherlands. If you live here it's boring as hell, if you've never been here before it's pretty interesting to see considering it's a beautiful city.
Where have you been in the past for Vacations & where do recommend for tourists attractions, what to do and what NOT to do: I traveled quite a lot, actually, if I had to post EVERY town I've been to I'd be typing a lot cause from every country I've been to I have visited at least 3 cities.
I have visited:

Belgium, Germany, France, Spain (Tenerife, Gran Canaria, Mallorca), Luxemburg, Greece, Florida.

I recommend going to Greece, even though there's a lot going on right now the place is beautiful. I really don't know what I shouldn't recommend cause I didn't have anything to complain about, so yeah.

Where will you be going this year: I'm staying in the Netherlands for a change. I'll be going to Amsterdam for a weekend with my best friend and definitely visit the beach, maybe I'll go to the Belgian coast as well.

And if you're not going anywhere: just say it, dream vacation! I really wanna visit Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, South Africa and the states. But yeah I wanna visit every part of the world, I love traveling and learning about other cultures.

Last edited:

Loki

I went to Gulf Shores, Alabama recently. It was really fun and we went to the beach and went souvenir shopping and went to some really great restaurants. I'm not sure where else I will be going for the summer...

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards

Currently, I live in Merced, California. We call it Merdead cause that's how it is. Dead. Okay, maybe that's overselling it, but still. It's not really a town you want to come back to because you actually want to live here. I know I don't.

Las Vegas, Southern California, and when I was a kid, I went with my Dad in his truck. We went to over 20 states in two weeks. It was pretty fun.

Not sure yet. I think it all rides on whether or not I can get money or not. I'm going to a cousin's wedding this August, and that's in Colorado.

And if you're not going anywhere:

Stay home lol

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Right now, I'm in the Philippines. Had my fair share of adventures here these past couple weeks, so I'm ready to come back home to Chicago. Once I'm back home, I'm just gonna be in the city for the rest of Summer Break, spending time with my friends and shit.

Sparks

gone
Tell me where you lovelies are located at: The nice little town of Bozeman, Montana. Beautiful, yet tragically boring if you aren't good at skiing nor are able to afford it.

Where have you been in the past for Vacations & where do recommend for tourists attractions, what to do and what NOT to do: I've pretty much been everywhere in the main 48 states except the east coast. I do travel to southern California every other year with my mom just to get away.

Where will you be going this year: Well I went to Orlando at the beginning of the year for fun, and now I'm going again around the end of June for a national competition. Zombie fun, here I coooommmmeeee.

Dream Vacation: I'm just gonna drop this off... ;w;
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Also for added fun:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Nov

Awards
Tell me where you lovelies are located at: I live in Uusimaa region in southern Finland.

Where have you been in the past for Vacations & where do recommend for tourists attractions, what to do and what NOT to do: I've traveled quite a lot but the most recent places where I've been are California, France, the UK, Bulgaria, Greece, Sweden and Estonia.

In Europe, I recommend Greece as well. It's a beautiful country, people are friendly, the weather is warm and the price level is cheap. I visited Rhodes and enjoyed it because it blends culture, shopping and "beach holiday" quite well together. I'd love to visit the island of Santorini in the future.

If you like city holidays, London is amazing. I've visited the city twice now and I loved it both times. I like the people, the atmosphere in the city and the possibilities are pretty much endless. And I still have some places that I haven't seen, for example, next time I want to see Greenwich and Kew Palace and Kew Gardens.

Where will you be going this year: Leaving for Amsterdam next Friday. I'll be there for 7 days and 6 nights.

And if you're not going anywhere: just say it, dream vacation! My dream vacation would at the moment be New York or Australia.

Last edited:

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
I don't really leave the UK when I go on holiday. We always end up going to a beach in Wales, as my brother is autistic so we can't really go on incredibly long journeys otherwise he'll get restless. Though we did have to have a 10 hour journey to Wales once because of flooding.

I've been to France though, with my school and with my Dad. I bought a nice top from France, the shopping there is lovely~ And I went to Disneyland Paris but I went when I was pretty young and now that I look back on it, it wasn't a very good trip. Not because Disneyland was terrible or anything, it was more to do with my Dad being annoying.

This year though, we're going to Grimsby which is somewhere in the east of England. I've been there before and the only thing I remembered being nice about the place was the food. They have some nice fish and chips down there. XD

I really would like a holiday where I don't have to stay in a Caravan, they're very unreliable. Last year, it was raining heavily and I was sleeping in a bedroom extension that hadn't been put up properly so all the rain came onto my bed. >.< I wasn't socked luckily, as I was sleeping on a different side of the bed but my bag got wet and everything in it. That bag is ruined now. DX

And I'd love to go to a place where I can do loads of shopping! At a cheap price of course. XD

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Tell me where you lovelies are located at: SoCal, in a town nobody's ever heard of, next to a town everybody who has lots of money has heard of. I live in the place where people come to take vacations. Go figure.

I haven't traveled much. I've been to Colorado, Washington and New Mexico (all on separate occasions, with various one-night stops in between, including Las Vegas, which was horrible). I don't really know what would constitute a good idea as to what to do at any of those places. I guess in Colorado the big thing is to go see the Grand Canyon (it was also my first encounter with snow, which was fun). I was in Washington as a guest of the Makah nation for some ceremony and celebration, so I wasn't exactly in tourist-central there (which is fine with me, being on the reservation up there was super cool). And I was in Albuquerque dancing for the Gathering of Nations Pow Wow, so, again, I wasn't really experiencing any major tourist hot spots during that trip either. :p

I also went up to Eureka at one point with my brother, who was going to college at HSU. I guess it's a good place to visit if you're looking to get high on quality bud and maybe go to a few rock shows in Arcata. That's all I was able to gather from my time spent there, anyway.

No definitive plans yet, but a friend and I are considering hitching a ride up north to see my cousin (who my friend used to date) and spending a week or so out of town together. I think it would be fun.

Japan, as an extended vacation in which I possibly do not return.

Honestly, though, I'm one of those people who's happy where they are. This is my ancestral homeland and I don't feel all that good about being anywhere else; even short vacations tend to grate on me after a while.

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
Shelbyville, Tennessee There was some special about it regarding racism, but that's to be expected. It'll die down a bit once the town learns to fully integrate Samoans. Same thing happened with Mexicans back when I was a little kid.

Past Vacations:
Daulphin Island, Alabama I liked it there. It's basically just some island designed with tourist in mind seeking a relaxing beach experience. I went with a church group back when I was religious so I don't know much about parties.

Shelbyville, Tennessee That's right, the same place that I live can be interesting, but only towards the end of summer. The thing that we're known for the most is the Tennessee Walking Horse Show where people from around the country show up and compete in the Walking Horse Celebration. Being a local, it's nothing special to me. It's just an opportunity to make some last minute money. It's huge so there is always a need for security, cleaners and various jobs through the nights. My personal favorite from working at any Horse Show is being a runner. I simply run registration forms from the front desk to the center pavilion where the judges sit. The girls that hand out the awards are always a nice treat too. We take pride in this show so we like to make everything the best that we can.

Going this year?
Nowhere. I actually plan on getting a job working in one of the few factories here. If I can I'd get a night shift job at a local plant that manufactures car parts.

Dream Vaction:
Been thinking that I want to visit Ireland and see where my family originally came from. We haven't lived in America for very long, I think it was some time after the American Civil War that we came over here, and I'm curious to see if the castle that my family used to live in is still standing. Other than that, I'd want to go to Japan. That's just because I'm an Otaku and really want to visit that place.

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
I currently live in Toronto, ON. Big place. Boring as hell. I notice that "boring" is popping up a lot in here.

Where have I been... Well... I've been to: France, England, Scotland, Wales, Italy, Monaco, Cuba, a wide variety of Caribbean islands which I forget the owners of entirely, (I can only remember Puerto Rico and Saint Martin/Sint Maarten, but I've been to more) and America. No idea which states I've been to, but I can name some big(ish) cities. New York, Washington, Pittsburgh, Miami, Atlantic City, Buffalo, Syracuse... I'm probably forgetting some. I wouldn't tell anyone not to go to any of these places. I sure didn't mind any of them.

This summer I'll be heading to Vancouver by car, so I'll probably be going to Winnipeg, Regina, Edmonton and Calgary. Three provinces of nothing but wheat. Joy.

My ideal vacation would probably be Australia. As in, the whole country. Or, failing that, the east coast. The next best would be a tour of western Europe. Not the whole thing, but... Italy, San Marino, Austria, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, BeNeLux, Germany, Denmark, and then maybe Norway, Sweden and Finland.

Last edited:

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
tell me where you lovelies are located at:
Phoenix Arizona, the dry heat can be a bit rough in the summer, but it's a nice place to live/visit.

Where have you been in the past for Vacations & where do recommend for tourists attractions,
Disneyland and the Grand canyon, two places everyone should visit!
Try and explore the whole park when you visit DL, but I'm not sure if it's possible :/ the pirates of the Caribbean ride is a must though.
the grand canyon is huge, all I did was stand near the edge and admire it, not too sure what else there is to do lol I mean I know there is, but I can't think of anything atm.

what to do and what NOT to do:
Don't litter at DL
Don't fall off the edge of the canyon because you'll die and that would suck.
also drink lots of water.

No idea, I have family coming out from Ohio, so I guess we'll see.

Visiting any other country would be nice tbh. I'm not picky.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards

Belgium! The weather can be nice here but it can be damn terrible as well. Much like the weather in Holland. I live in a small town so it's actually pretty fun living here, not that much traffic and such. I like it here because it's quite calm!

In Belgium, there are a lot of places that are worth visiting. Ghent (have been there a lot myself since I study there), Antwerp and Bruges to name a few. The Belgian coast is also nice to visit!

Italy, Spain, Holland, France, Germany, Switzerland and England. I really recommend Italy! It's a really nice country, the people there are like the nicest people on the planet (I kid you not, people are really nice there), great food, a lot of nice places to visit.

Spain is also a fun country to visit but I prefer Italy (or Greece, although I haven't been there yet). But that's just me, I like those cultures more.

England is also pretty fun to visit but the weather is pretty bad most of the time so yeah, if you want sun, you should go to places like Greece, Spain or Italy.

What not to do, hmm... When you're visiting the Vatican (which is really beautiful btw), don't sit on the ground. Me and my friend were sitting on the ground, an old lady passed by and pretty much scolded at us.

Also I place I wouldn't really recommend visiting is Naples. I don't know but I did not like it at all. There's a lot of dirt in the streets and stuff like that.

I'll probably stay here in Belgium. Maybe I'll go just over the border to Holland or France but I won't go really far + I'm going to a concert in August so that's gonna be nice! No need to go to another country haha :D

Dream vacation, hmm... Japan, NYC, Egypt (although I'm not to sure about that one, it would be just to visit the Pyramids) and Venice. Really, I've only visited Italy once but I seriously love the country!

nelly <3

wayfarer~
Website
www.facebook.com
Live in really deep south Texas.
Can't wait to try some texas briskets/ texmex food. this state is legend when it comes to create food. Love steak lol.

Tell me where you lovelies are located at: The nice little town of Bozeman, Montana. Beautiful, yet tragically boring if you

Dream Vacation: I'm just gonna drop this off... ;w;
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Also for added fun:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Not far from Montana, love the pics!

Tell me where you lovelies are located at: SoCal, in a town nobody's ever heard of.
Go for it, I know California like the back of my hand.

I currently live in Toronto, ON. Big place. Boring as hell. I notice that "boring" is popping up a lot in here.

I have a friend that lives in Canada, and mean he posts beautiful pictures of that place.

And to all of those that live in Europe.

Make me wanna go even more. Definitely need to get me a Visa and get lost for a summer over there lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back