• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Destati Character Art

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcana-Key

Awards
Whoa hey! I was beginning to wonder what happened to you. Are you still working on the fic these characters belong to?

Oh gosh, I'm still around! I've hit a bit of a roadbump during the last few months so I took a minor break on a few things in order to focus on transferring from Community College to a college in a completely different state. I did put out a chapter some time last month though!

Arcana-Key

Awards
Well... all of this art is absolutely amazing! I never saw this project before, but I'll have to go through this whole thread when I have more time at some point.

Oh gosh, this is a few year old project with fanfiction my friend is trying to convince me to finis , but it's easier said than done! I hadn't known how hard pacing creative writing is ;n;

Arcana-Key

Awards
Probably one of my favorite pieces to ever exist in the Destati continuum ever.

Here we have a b lend of thematic elements ; subtle tells in composition.

The leap between Light and Dark.

The connection between Body and Heart.

And a Key to shape the future.

destati___a_new_light_by_patt_fry-dbayo40.png

Arcana-Key

Awards
Suihei has a rudimentary knowledge in hand-to-hand combat. While kendo has trained her body and the keyblade refined it, Suihei’s lack of care for the martial arts lay in her own disdain for her father, and for that reason it has suffered until she fell back into a rather average bracket. She does not seem to favour utilizing it unless she is in a tight bind. Her forms, while far from sloppy, could do a bit of work—but anyone that may see her with her keyblade are liable to believe that she is defenseless without it anyways. However, Suihei is prone to refrain from using hand-to-hand if she can help it. While formally she was taught by a master-- as her father had enough experience to be lauded as a master in his youth – there seems to be no rhyme, nor reason to her style of martial arts.

Rolling Blaze ; Suihei wreaths herself in fire, spinning around whilst grappling an enemy before slamming them into the ground. It can be used mid-air in order for her to rebound off of them.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Arcana-Key

Awards
Putting in legwork in order to redesign Suihei was something that I'd been putting off for years ; since Sora's KH2 outfit was such a good fit, I hadn't felt the need to finagle with anything for a while. BUT, since I wanted to ward off a few misconceptions, I ended up working with a friend in order to solidify something that would express Suihei's sporty nature, as well as have a few elements that were callbacks to previous heroes.

Much like the first outfit, we decided to fit her with a half-coat. That, by and far, is a staple that neither of us were willing to remove. However, unlike her Act 1 attire, her updated Act 2 has an undershirt that's meant to expose the navel. While this is a simplified variation if what we're intending to do ( it's missing a few components ; ie, necklace. And maybe more belts ) I think it helps solidify an image, or, at the very least, a direction in where I was intending on going with her!

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Roberteurog

Ive designed characters in advance but Ive never done anything like a character lineup. I dont think I could be bothered to worry about whether a character is one or two inches shorter than another character. Most of the time I cant even remember all their costume pieces.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Probably one of my favorite pieces to ever exist in the Destati continuum ever.

Here we have a b lend of thematic elements ; subtle tells in composition.

The leap between Light and Dark.

The connection between Body and Heart.

And a Key to shape the future.

destati___a_new_light_by_patt_fry-dbayo40.png

This is a master piece of art! I really like how it's all come together with Suihei, Nyx, and Noxic. It's absolutely breathtaking and beautiful. <3 All of the art really is incredible.

Also, I really like Suihei's redesign! Her new outfit really suits her. A bit more original as well. In all seriousness, it's amazing how much work and thought out detail you put into this project as a whole. And if I read your post right, you're working on Destati with someone else?! :O How long have you been working on this project for? <3

Tsuyu Tsuyu

Putting in legwork in order to redesign Suihei was something that I'd been putting off for years ; since Sora's KH2 outfit was such a good fit, I hadn't felt the need to finagle with anything for a while. BUT, since I wanted to ward off a few misconceptions, I ended up working with a friend in order to solidify something that would express Suihei's sporty nature, as well as have a few elements that were callbacks to previous heroes.

Much like the first outfit, we decided to fit her with a half-coat. That, by and far, is a staple that neither of us were willing to remove. However, unlike her Act 1 attire, her updated Act 2 has an undershirt that's meant to expose the navel. While this is a simplified variation if what we're intending to do ( it's missing a few components ; ie, necklace. And maybe more belts ) I think it helps solidify an image, or, at the very least, a direction in where I was intending on going with her!

Spoiler Spoiler Show

The design is simple and really easy on the eyes. A bit too dark but the disheveled look really gives it character. I like it. :D

Arcana-Key

Awards
Ive designed characters in advance but Ive never done anything like a character lineup. I dont think I could be bothered to worry about whether a character is one or two inches shorter than another character. Most of the time I cant even remember all their costume pieces.

I tend to overthink little things like this! I find that focusing on character dynamics and height differences can really change the way that characters can be perceived. It's nothing but the little thing in a long run really!

This is a master piece of art! I really like how it's all come together with Suihei, Nyx, and Noxic. It's absolutely breathtaking and beautiful. <3 All of the art really is incredible.

Also, I really like Suihei's redesign! Her new outfit really suits her. A bit more original as well. In all seriousness, it's amazing how much work and thought out detail you put into this project as a whole. And if I read your post right, you're working on Destati with someone else?! :O How long have you been working on this project for? <3

Aaah, thank you so much! I really appreciate your kind words as always. For the most part I am working on this with other people -- it was a group project where my friends donated their characters and I put a ton of worldbuilding into it. Its about a four year old project now? You'd think it'd be finished by this point but I find pacing to be one of the more difficult things that I can manage when it comes to writing fanfiction, lmao ;m;

The design is simple and really easy on the eyes. A bit too dark but the disheveled look really gives it character. I like it. :D

In all honesty, her primary color choices tend to fluctuate between black and red! I thought it'd be interesting to have a character with a more neutral palette since she's intended on being a wielder that falls carefully between light and shadow as she grows older! So darker tones are offset by bright vivid secondary and tertiary colors -- if I ever redo her drives for this outfit again, it'll be a lot more colorful though lol.

Arcana-Key

Awards
Art by PAULDNG

Prior to getting Suihei redesigned and Norwin revised, I got a piece of the three of them with another boy, Enlil.

I should get a revision of this piece at some point.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

"Here, just take a look at it!" Suihei all but demanded, hazel eyes alight with childish mirth. Much to Norwin's annoyance, she seemed to be drawn into this situation, while Enlil was content to fold his arms over his chest to watch it unfold. They had been called to Traverse Town to oversee an old memorial being renovated, and, well...

"This kid looks kinda like a dweeb, Suihei. Even more of a dweeb than you." Norwin jested in her own sharp-tongued, affectionate way.

"His hair is pretty stupid..."

"Suihei, your hair is pretty stupid-"

"Norwin, Suihei, do you think that maybe we can just enjoy the sights today?" Enlil interrupted them with a polite cough, lips pulling back into a genial smile as both young women looked at him with a hint of befuddlement. 'Are you serious?' Their faces all but said, but begrudgingly, they accepted the gesture for what it was. There was no need to fight after all...

"So, about The Order." Suihei hummed, folding her arms behind her head. "Do you think that Light is really that dangerous?"

"Of course it is," Norwin groused, her brow notching together. Really, her Master had taught her that too much of either was bad unless you were an exceptional case. "When you have nothing but Light and without a soul to control it..."

"You get impulsive," Enlil finished, cupping his chin thoughtfully. Hm. He wondered if his friends would be alright, coming to that revelation. "There's no control when you don't have a conscious identity to reconcile morals-"

Suihei and Norwin squinted at him simultaneously.

Defensively, Enlil gave another polite cough - "What? I study a lot..."

I don't think I've discussed the dynamic between Suihei, Norwin, and Enlil enough.

While Sui's mainstay group are definitely Noxic and Nyx, Norwin and Enlil are her human best friends, without a doubt. They all probably bounce off of one another, they all represent certain forces in the universe ( with Enlil being a Princess of Heart - crazy, right? ) and they all seem to have some basic understanding of one another, despite meeting in conflict a few times ( in the case of Suihei and Enlil, at least ). While none of them have romantic overtures for one another, they all are fond well enough to keep each other in check. Enlil tends to mediate more often than not between Sui and Nor, who can get pretty intense in their playful verbal spars.

Norwin is probably the only person with an expertise in the Keyblade to Mastery level, and sometimes tries to teach Suihei what she knows around the conceptual Act 3.

And while Enlil may annoy the ever-loving heck out of Norwin, he's still one of her friends and she finds his boundless optimism worth admiring either way.

Arcana-Key

Awards

Spoiler Spoiler Show
Artist Comment:

After the Heart of Te Fiti was stolen by Maui the demigod, Te Ka who takes form of a lava demon has cursed the world and humanity for Maui's insolence. Those who beared greed in their hearts that sailed the sea were also punished by Teka. As darkness began to spread, Heartless were born and acted on its own instinct to consume more hearts and create more Heartless, all was to serve to eradicate mankind. A thousand years have passed, Moana was chosen by the Ocean to begin her quest looking for Maui to restore the Heart of Te Fiti. It was also around the same time that Suisei and her friends came across Motunui Island and decided to assist Moana after hearing the story, but mostly being convinced, from Gramma Tala. The number of Heartless were almost uncountable and the quest would've been impossible without the help of Suihei and her friends. For being a Keyblade Wielders that can naturally attract Heartless, the team was able to create an opening for Moana to reach Te Ka.

It was fun doing research on Kingdom Hearts and as soon as I learned about the Heartless, I thought of Moana right away for the lack-of-heart theme (also it was the most recent film I've seen and instantly became one of my favourites). The existent Disney-theme in the game makes it even easier to connect the two stories. While planning the composition and placement, the characters' personality and attributes were taken in account, like when Suihei slashed a Heartless who's trying to attack Nyx while he's thinking of a strategy. Or when Enlil is staying on the defensive side, but still putting himself out there to protect Moana, by landing his magic attack from the distance while having himself roped to prevent himself from falling off.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com

Spoiler Spoiler Show
Artist Comment:

After the Heart of Te Fiti was stolen by Maui the demigod, Te Ka who takes form of a lava demon has cursed the world and humanity for Maui's insolence. Those who beared greed in their hearts that sailed the sea were also punished by Teka. As darkness began to spread, Heartless were born and acted on its own instinct to consume more hearts and create more Heartless, all was to serve to eradicate mankind. A thousand years have passed, Moana was chosen by the Ocean to begin her quest looking for Maui to restore the Heart of Te Fiti. It was also around the same time that Suisei and her friends came across Motunui Island and decided to assist Moana after hearing the story, but mostly being convinced, from Gramma Tala. The number of Heartless were almost uncountable and the quest would've been impossible without the help of Suihei and her friends. For being a Keyblade Wielders that can naturally attract Heartless, the team was able to create an opening for Moana to reach Te Ka.

It was fun doing research on Kingdom Hearts and as soon as I learned about the Heartless, I thought of Moana right away for the lack-of-heart theme (also it was the most recent film I've seen and instantly became one of my favourites). The existent Disney-theme in the game makes it even easier to connect the two stories. While planning the composition and placement, the characters' personality and attributes were taken in account, like when Suihei slashed a Heartless who's trying to attack Nyx while he's thinking of a strategy. Or when Enlil is staying on the defensive side, but still putting himself out there to protect Moana, by landing his magic attack from the distance while having himself roped to prevent himself from falling off.
That's a very nice picture. I like all the lines, shading and lining.

astracat111

Arcana-Key

Awards
I really like this one...A very good flow. Now all you need are some pants for Mr. Rabbit over there! D: !

It has a really good flow, the color comes together really well, it's as good as you could hope it to be.

Are you going to use this as a cover illustration? This is the kind of work where you'd want to put your logo in there!

Aha, well, the cover illustration for that first act would be the three of them with their cards!

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you guys, I was off gallivanting around working and doing finals ;w;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back