• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Design a KH boss battle

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards
Alright, time for Long John Silver!

aE2IWes.png

No, not that Long John Silver (Another time maybe)

qOA8CJk.png

No no no, not the John Cleese John Silver from The Muppet Show

hBgXUHX.png

Or Long Joel Silver (WhoTF even is that?)

& definitely not the restaurant but geez, how many different versions of LJS did the Muppets have?

tn1xWw8.png

This Long John Silver. The Tim Curry one.

5GTeAo6.png

Although it is mighty tempting to go with the muppet version of him but I shall pass on that. (for now)

But first,

OM5MYcl.png

Name: Blind Pew
World: Treasure Island
Party: None besides Muppet Donald & Muppet Goofy
Music: Rowdy Rumble (muffled)

Oh yeah BTW Sora is a muppet too. Some may say this is unnecessary given there are proper humans in the world, I say it is incredibly necessary!

Anyway, true to his name Blind Pew can't see a thing. But he's got the Daredevil thing going for him where his hearing is superb & he moves like a ninja when he hears a target. After the player's first few attempts at hitting him backfire, SDG huddle & whisper that they need to be stealthier. This changes the controls to a more stealth game style where the player is slowly tiptoeing towards Pew, being careful as to not knock over a mug or plate that would alert him. Even the background music quiets down for the remainder of the fight. The player can also setup booty traps for Pew to wander into such as precariously stacked barrels that'll over on him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One late night early into the Hispaniola's voyage, SDG & the rest of the crew are confronted by Muppet Maleficent & Muppet Pete.

2014-BeetoSee-Disneyland-Paris-Sleeping-Beauty-Maleficent-Hand-Puppet-008.jpg

(Eh, close enough)

Maleficent tries to sink the ship with a new heartless.

Name: Treasure Chestacean
Party: Captain Smollett (AKA Kermit)
Music: Desire for all That is Lost

Treasure Chestacean looks like a giant treasure chest with crab legs & pincers. Additionally as a secondary objective, the cutthroat crew are drawn to the boss, thinking it has real gold. This mean the player has to use RC to protect them, using fishing nets to trap them for a while. They'll eventually cut through with their swords & have to incapacitated again.

On the upside, Kermit's team-up move has him & Sora hopping high up & landing on the boss, momentarily shutting the chest closed & thus eliminiating its ability to use some of its attacks for a period of time.

Attacks:

-Claw Snap. Attacks with its pincers.

-Explosive Gems. Fires a volley of projectiles from inside the chest that explode when they land. Is disabled by Kermit's hop.

-Coin-lateral Damage. Shoots doubloons like bullets. Is disabled by Kermit's hop.

sJ29vGz.png
TO7gVRN.png

-Summon heartless. Spits up some of the treasure themed heartless of the world. Is disabled by Kermit's hop.

-Drop Sail. Cuts the ropes holding the sails up, making them fall on the party's heads.

-Crack the Shell. The boss' DM that it only uses when reduced to low HP. Climbs the side of the ship & attempts to bust open the hull in hopes of sinking it. No longer taking damage from regular attacks or magic, the player has a time limit to go below deck & use the cannons to blast the boss off the hull. Pirate heartless spawn to impede the player.

After the battle Maleficent decides to change plans & put SDG under a deep sleep. This conviently skips over the months of sailing & gets straight to the actual island when they wake up.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cRnI5VK.png

Name: Captain Long John Silver & Polly the Lobster
Party: Captain Smollett (Kermit) & Benjamina Gunn (Miss Piggy)
Music: Vim & Vigor

While the party had been fighting the preceding boss, Maleficent & Pete met with Silver & decide to join forces with him. The three hatch a new plan:
A. Put SDG to sleep for several months so they wouldn't interfere with Silver's mutiny.
B. Upon arriving at the island, turn the whole crew into heartless.
C. Pete uses some magic of his own to restore Silver's missing leg (because how else do you explain Pete's pegleg in DDD?)

Some BS is given as to why they didn't finish off SDG. Something about not wanting to raise suspicion among the crew with their disappearance. Naturally MATGSY will be pointing out in the Nitpick thread 'bout how SDG sleeping for over a month is still pretty damn suspicious as well as that there's no reason for them wait until reaching the island to replace the crew with heartless when they could just do it immediately but alas his excessive bitching will fall on deaf ears.

In any event, Sora wakes up in time to save himself & the important characters from getting heartlessfied. After exploring the island, fighting heartless & meeting up with Miss Piggy, they finally track down Silver as he & the heartless are loading up the treasure on to the ship.

If it wasn't already obvious why I broke canon to give Silver a new leg, it's so he would be nimble enough to put up a decent fight. He is flanked by Ogre Pirates, tall heartless based on Sweetums. Because Sora is a muppet, he's a bit weaker canonically than in human form, making Silver proportionally stronger than when Sora fought Hook or Barbosa.

Attacks:

-Dueling Blade. Attacks with his rapier. Can deflect aggressive attacks with his weapon, best to either let him strike first & counterattack or attack him from behind.

-Akimbo Flintlocks. Fires his 2 pistols. Sometimes it'll be 2 different party members, sometimes fires both guns at one for extra damage.

-Polly Ambush. Polly jumps from Silver's shoulder towards a party member, latching on to them & hitting with his claws. An RC is needed to throw him back to Silver.

-Ogre Punch. The Ogre Pirates' main attack.

-Big Teethums. The Ogre Pirates' chomping attack.

-Upstage. Is carried on the shoulders of 2 ogre pirates who swat away any attempts to attack him. Requires Miss Piggy team-up move (Pork Chop) to karate chop them hard enough they drop Silver.

-Boiling with Rage. Uses the Swedish Chef's boiling pot as a new weapon (he was the ship's cook after all). Heats it up, causing blasts of boiling water to shoot out.

-Lu Au. The Ogre Pirates grab Kermit & Piggy & shove them into the pot. Player has 10 seconds to get them out before they cook to death.
nice twist with the opening. you had me fooled with all those long johns.

i thought it would be really funny if there was a comedy skit where SDG made fun of Maleficent's muppet form.

Soldier

Awards
Oh boy, here we go boys and girls! I'm having a vision of a fight, and it's incredibly....
Underwhelming
1651719895940.png
Name: Alma Madrigal
World: Valley of Magic (specifically the magical house)
Party: Mirabel (because why not? if Ariel can fight with potions, so can a giftless Columbian girl with glasses)
Music: The corrupted

Alright, I'll level with all of you, I personally think Alma is irredeemable in Encanto. I don't care if it was a misguided attempt at control, when we get the gritty live action reboot in 2044 I can guarantee you that the problems the Madrigals have will be very realistic and VERY hard to watch (like stress eating for Isabela!) and right at the root of the problem is this old woman. And a lot of you complain that we weren't able to fight Frollo in the city of bells and hated the Wargoyle (personally I thought it was a creative boss fight on both sides, but that's just me). Anyways, SDG (or Sora alone I guess) arrives in the valley and is seen as an outsider by the self-sufficient-and-severely-bottlenecked-population. Alma who at this point is noticing that Mirabel is beginning to undermine her regime of perfection begins to fret over Sora teaming up with Mirabel when a dark force (Maleficent) arrives and senses her mounting anxiety over the situation. The evil fairy offers her powers to fight and asks only one thing in return: eliminate the boy with the key. She accepts and is corrupted by the darkness, which manifests as a boss heartless to assist her similar to Stealth Sneak and the Illuminator. But this time, it's a witch-like heartless called Bruja (spanish for witch)

Following Sora and co's adventures inside of Casita's walls and meeting with Bruno, Alma confronts the group in the central courtyard, the shrinking magic candle in her hands. She reprimands Mirabel for meddling in their perfect family to which Mirabel points out the many imperfections that need to see the light. Frustrated by her granddaughter's insubordination, she wills Bruja to corrupt Casita, and the fight begins.

Attacks
because she didn't initially receive a gift like her offspring and their children, Alma was given something similar to what they have, but a bit different. While most of the gifts in Encanto (Zoolingualism, Shapeshifting, healing through foodstuffs) possess very little to no usefulness in a combat situation and are meant for more peaceful usage, some of them (super strength and chlorokinesis) can be used offensively if the user desires it so. So i'll give her pyromancy, because of her obsession with the candle and her burning love for her husband. Also because of her age she's able to cast -Ja level fire spells because why not? be sure to equip those fire bangles people!

1651721677255.png
-Judgmental glare: Alma just stands and stares at the party.... MENACINGLY. Her fiery gaze causes the ignite status effect on whoever gets caught in her line of sight. Mirabel is immune to this as she's smart enough to take off her glasses, allowing her to continue fighting as she can't SEE the gaze to be affected.

-Candle burn: A close-quarters attack where Alma grabs Sora's arm and burns him with the candle. This is more or less an unavoidable version of judgmental glare, however this burn lingers for quite a bit before dispersing. (Also when else would Sora be burned like this? by Axel? no way!).

1651722042190.png
-Trip Up:
Bruja compels Casita to ruffle the tiles of the courtyard, stunning the party off their feet save for Mirabel, who is used to the ever-shifting house and deftly moves out of the way.

-Shingle spike:
Using the tiles of Casita to her advantage, Alma causes them to shift into spikes beneath the party's feet, piercing them and dealing damage. Think of it kind of like thorns coming out of the ground.

- Triple Firaja:
Using the candle as a conduit, Alma outstretches her arm as large balls of fire emit from the flame of the candle. This deals a lot of fire damage to any caught in the blasts and ignites portions of the battlefield. This can be countered by a special situation command called cooling shower, where Sora casts water magic towards Mirabel, who uses one of Bruno's green slates to deflect the water from the Keyblade, dousing the arena and putting out the flames.

1651722473862.png
-Mariano's on his way!:
Alma summons Mariano to join the fight, who is more or less a minor nuisance. Despite the guy being swole, the fact that the location of the valley being isolated from the rest of the world means he hasn't had a need to do any physical fighting. But he's willing to fight for Isabela's hand in marriage and helping her family matriarch get rid of interlopers might tip the scales in his favor! He just runs around frantically punching Sora and co. in the face, but he refuses to hit Mirabel (as he's chivalrous like that, I think?). Like Shan Yu's falcon Hayabusa he doesn't have much HP and when he's down for the count he'll fall on his face and be knocked out for a bit.

After receiving quite the beating from Sora and co. and some sense talked into her from Mirabel, she begins to doubt whether or not it's right to fight a group of interlopers and her own granddaughter. But Bruja stokes the waning fire in her heart and reignites her drive to continue the fight, starting phase 2!

Cinder shower
Similar to the move Firaga Burst from BBS, Alma tosses the now severely melted candle upward, which forms into a small sun above the courtyard. Flames fall onto the party, which are helpless because invisible walls keep them from the shade of the outer ring.

Raging Storm
During the fight, Alma is continuously using up the candle's magic to give herself a shield of flames that protect her. As such, water or blizzard magic are the only things that can temporarily douse it or pierce it.

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards

there will be others. speaking of....

rasputin-1327636-normal.jpg

Name: Rasputin
HP Bars: 34
World: City of Memories (Anastasia) *well not all the world name's can be good, you have to expect that once in a while*
Party: None
Music: The Encounter
Description: Once a respected monk in all the land, he was exposed and banished by the royal family for meddling in the powers of darkness. now a rotting corpse that was trapped in the Realm of Darkness, Rasputin has returned and will not rest till he sees the end of the royal family.

Phase 1: in this phase you're up against the mad monk himself. he seems easily to beat, except he has a number of heartless backing him up. and there's another thing, Anatasia is on the battlefield and you have to protect her from Rasputin and the Heartless. if her health bar goes down, its game over for you.

Dark Holy: "Behold my Power!" Raputin unleashes a dark version of Holy.

Minion Swarm: "Fly my minions, let your evil shine!" Rasputin summons his green imps from his Reliquary. they act like a mini Demon Tide.

Runaway Corpse: "I'm falling apart!" After getting hit enough times, Rasputin literally falls to pieces and they all hop about to avoid damage. this goes on for a few seconds and then he quickly reassembles himself.

Dark Curaja: "My curse must be fulfilled!" once his hp is near zero, Rasputin performs a cure spell on himself, fully restoring his HP. yeah, i know, its cheat move but it serves as the trigger to phase two.

Phase 2: Realizing that he's little bit outmatched, Rasputin goes on a slight rant about the dark forces, the Romanovs, and all that jazz. then he gets a light bulb moment and zaps his own shadow with the Reliquary's magic. the shadow comes to life and transforms into a Heartless. Now you have to fight the mad monk and his new Heartless.

Name: Grave Reaper
HP bars: 47
Music: Vim and Vigor
Bio: Created from Rasputin's shadow, this heartless is a mirror image of the mad monk's heart
Appearance: A combination of these:

LINKAvatarSkeith.jpg

Vile_Reaper_KHUX.png

Attacks:

Scythe Swing: Takes its large scythe and swings around for aoe damage.

Necro Beam: Fires a green beam from its mouth.

Shadow Reap: Grave Reaper thrusts its hand into the ground, creating shadow hands that will grab anyone near them for damage.

Phase 3: now we get to the good part, and by good...i mean the dark scary that classic Disney was known for back in the day. Grimhilde's transformation? the Nightmare Firefighter Clown from the Brave Little Toaster? that one scene from the Fox and the Hound? nuh-uh. none of them hold a candle to what is about to happen. after the player knocks the Reliquary from Rasputin, the Grave Reaper picks it up and plunges it deep into its chest. and here comes the dark part....but first a little appropriate music.

the dark magic from the Reliquary begins to surge across its body as green pulsing tendrils. its skeleton frame, bereft of sinew, begins to grow new muscles in a matter of seconds. its body starts the contort in a way that makes you want to look away but you just can't stop looking. the robe burns away to reveal its new muscular, demonic form. the tendrils swirl around its body to form a second armor-like skin around its head to form a feral mask. as its transformation is complete, it lets out a sickening roar as it literally pulls a new scythe out from its back.

Name: Grave Reaper (Necro Form)
HP: 47 bars
Music: Tension Rising
Bio: infused with unholy power of Rasputin's Reliquary, this heartless is now more terrifying than its previous form. perhaps this thing is the true reflection of the mad monk's darkness.
Appearance: a new more terrifying fusion of these three nasties. and twice as large as the last one.
ce2e7757dbba2db805fa61b76f67925c.jpg

Lich_KHIII.png

d4bivav-9c3b12a2-7eb6-4b2a-878a-e0426dab6193.png

Attacks: attacks from phase 2 carry over.

Reaper's Rampage: charges across the bridge, swinging its scythe like a mad man.

Ground Shredder:

Harvest of the Dead/Damned: now this part is unique. since this is a world based on one of Don Bluth's works, i thought it be nice to have a homage to one of his other work, Dragon's Lair. in this, what i would call an 'interactive cutscene' the Grave Reaper leaps up and floats behind the moon in the background. using its scythe, the Heartless rips open a rift into the darkness and out comes more of Rasputin's bat demon minions. remember Rasputin's attack from the first phase, well its like that except its a lot bigger, more violent, and fast....very fast. like rip the flesh off your bones and then take the bones fast. during the event, you are given certain button prompts to hit. the direction buttons to move and the "Y/triangle"
button for an action. but the trick here is the that you have to be fast because, much like Dragon's Lair, if you're too late or press a wrong button, Sora will be subjected to something nasty. i.e. gets knocked off the bridge or takes heavy damage from the attack. survive it and the fight can resume again.

Once you get its hp down enough, we begin another Dragon's Lair-ese cutscene in which you must forcibly yank Rasputin's Reliquary out of Grave Reaper's chest without getting swatted, grabbed, smashed, sliced and everything else in between. Just follow the prompts and enjoy the show (unless you want to see Sora hilariously fail, at the cost of doing this phase all over again). Once the Reliquary is removed, this scene plays out in unreal 5 splendor!

start at 0:19

As the Reliquary shatters, Grave Reaper begins to freak out. and as Rasputin meets his fate, green flames burst out of Grave Reaper, burning it alive. the green tendrils that held it together turn ashen black and fall off. unable to hold itself together, the now charred skeletal husk of the Heartless slumps to its knees and collapses into a pile of ash before hitting the ground.

D

Deleted member 252753

Hi, I haven't posted in a while but I love reading this thread and Soldier's last post got me thinking about possibilities for boss battles in an Encanto world, especially the idea of Casita getting possessed.

My vague idea of the world's story is that it follows the plot of the film, but the discord in the Casa Madrigal gives rise to darkness. (I feel like this can be linked to the Lost Masters and Back Cover but anyway...) The darkness seeps through the cracks in the walls of Casita and gives rise to Heartless, which are fought by our heroes (could be SDG, or Kairi, Riku etc., here will assume Sora) with the help of some of the Madrigals, though it will just be the core Party for the battles below, as the Madrigals will be depowered at this point.

So at the point in the film where Casita collapses, in my version the magical house is consumed by darkness and rearranges itself around the Party. Playful and benevolent Casita becomes the malevolent Casa Infernal! Most of the Madrigals get out as the building transforms but as Mirabel grabs the Miracle Candle she is imprisoned by the possessed house with Alma's room.

Casa Infernal

The walls of the Casa are covered in dark cracks and a few of them are surrounded by Shadow Globs, and the aim of this first section is to destroy the Globs, like the Oogies' Manor bossfight in KH1.
1653749007886.png
Here there is a Shadow Glob in each room of the Casa (connected by a central area), but to get to and destroy them, the Party must win a set-piece battle/challenge in all of the rooms, bar one, where the true boss fight will be accessible after the globs have all been destroyed.

The party will start the Casa Infernal gauntlet in a version of the Nursery, needing to fight a generic group of Heartless to destroy the first Shadow Glob and gain access the central area.

The other rooms are twisted versions of each of the Madrigals' rooms (and Bruno's tower) and feature an appropriately themed battle. The rooms can be tackled in any other order apart from Alma's door, which will only open once the other rooms have been cleared. So first the other rooms then the actual boss battle (feel like I'm not on-topic, sorry.)

[In each of these rooms, apart from Bruno's and Abuela's, the Casa itself will sometimes attack from below, telegraphed by the floor glowing and rumbling beneath the party. Dark spikes will rise out from the floor, knocking the Party into the air, doing a little damage and leaving them open to attack briefly.

Julieta's room: A fight against one or two tough enemies with a large amount of health, like a Rock Troll or two Defenders. The big Heartless are accompanied by a group of Green Requiems or another Heartless that can use cure magic.

Luisa's room: To reach the Glob in this room, the Party will have to defeat a mob of Large Bodies charging all over the place. There is a pillar in the centre of the room, which cracks and crumbles during the battle, eventually collapsing and causing a game over. Hence, you need to win the battle quickly.

Isabela's room: In this room covered with wild flowers and vines, the battle will be against flower themed Heartless, perhaps including some original ones resembling cacti and carnivorous plants. Also vines may grab Sora during the battle and suspend him in the air, needing to be shaken off to get free and leaving him vulnerable to attacks from the Heartless and the Casa.

Pepa's room: This room features strong winds that can blow Sora across the room if he isn't moving against it (the direction of the wind will shift regularly). Heartless fought could be Water Cores and Thunder magic Heartless but also I wouldn't mind seeing a revamped (slightly less cute and more storm-cloudy) version of the Cloudy Sunrise Heartless from KHX, which will be able to cast the Cloud status effect on Sora.
1653746430343.png
Dolores's room: A battle against Heartless with sound-based attacks like Loudmouths. Enemies here will frequently inflict the Silence status effect on the Party.

Camilo's room: First the Party fights a group of Shadows and other non-elemental/dark Heartless. Then the Shadow Glob will change colour to red, and a group of fire elemental Heartless will appear (and the room will also change appearance to suit the fire theme). Then the same thing will happen again with ice/water (blue Glob), thunder (yellow), and aero (light green) elements. After the final mob has been defeated, the Glob will turn purple again and can be destroyed.

Antonio's room: A battle against a mob of animalistic Heartless. A particular one I would like to see in this world are the Ratty Rats from UX. Also maybe some equine Heartless.
1653746302284.png

Bruno's tower: The Shadow Glob is at the top of the staircase where the entrance to Bruno's room would be. To reach it, the Party will need to dodge demon-tide like groups of Ratty Rats, who will rush down the stairs sometimes, bathed in eerie green light (like for Bruno's visions). Also the Casa's walls will push Sora off the stair-case if it can at certain points (signaled by flashing beforehand again like the floors).

For the boss in Alma's room, I wanted to link it to the Miracle Candle but thought that a giant candle Heartless might be a little silly. But there's a butterfly on the candle and they're a big part of the symbolism in the film and so the boss is a giant fiery butterfly Heartless: Maliposa!

Maliposa

Maliposa's body, eyes and antennae are quite similar to that of a Neo-Shadow (without arms and legs and elongated, obviously). Its large back wings are dark purple, while its front wings are a firey red-orange colour. Between its antennae is the Heartless emblem.

1653747792312.png1653747810443.png1653748558552.png

When the Party enters Alma's room, a cutscene plays where the dark cracks in the walls widen and the walls collapses as darkness swirls around and covers the screen. When we can see again, we will be facing Maliposa in a Realm of Darkness like arena. Bits of debris from Casita will be floating around in the sky, including all the golden doors for the Madrigals' rooms.

1653746680421.png

Right, so finally into the boss battle!

Phase 1:

Flutter Blaze: Maliposa beats its wings to create small tornados of fire which sway towards the Party eventually dissipating if they don't hit.

Flame Sweep: Maliposa's wings flash for a few moments, before charging across the arena, dealing fire damage.

Meteor Dive: Maliposa flies high in the air, before crashing down at Sora in a ball of flame.

Also Maliposa will sometimes spawn groups of small butterflies to help it: Orange Emberflies and Purples Slumberflies. Both of these will flutter around the Party, before individual ones dive at a Party member. They are easily defeated and will also die if they land a hit.

The Emberflies will do a small amount of fire damage on impact, whereas the Slumberflies will put the Party member to sleep, leaving them open to attack from the Emberflies and Maliposa itself.

Phase 2:

When its health dips below 50%, Maliposa will fly high high above the arena and a Dark Chrysalis will form around it. A large number of Emberflies and Slumberflies will also swarm around the Chrysalis like a Demon Tide.

However, the Madrigals' doors floating around will shimmer and arrange themselves so that Sora can use them to reach the Chrysalis using airstep (or the similar grappling mechanic seen in the KHIV trailer).

While moving between doors Sora will have to watch out for swarms of Ember/Slumberflies shooting across space, which can knock Sora to the ground if they hit him.

If Sora takes too long to reach the Chrysalis, it will burst into flame and the Maliposa will emerge, having healed a chunk of its health. If he reaches the top door in time though, he can use the reaction command Miracle Break, and slice through the Chrysalis Zantesuken-style. The Chrysalis will split and disentegrate, while Maliposa crashes to the ground, unhealed and vulnerable for a long period.

Either way, Maliposa then enters Phase 3:

Maliposa becomes more aggressive, has less downtime between attacks, and telegraphs its Flame Sweep less generously. Its Meteor Dive now produces Flutter Blazes on impact and it also gets a new attack.

Flame Corridor: With its wings, Maliposa will send out two rapid parallel beam of Fires along the floor towards Sora. If Sora gets caught between the two beams (or hit by a beam), the camera will shift, showing Sora (and any other party members caught by the attack) now surrounded by two walls of flame on either side. Maliposa will appear at one end of this corridor and attack with a Meteor Dive, then a sequence of rapid Flame Sweeps back and forward before finishing with a final Meteor Dive, when the corridors will disappear.

If the fight goes on long enough, Maliposa may enter the Chrysalis phase again. When finally defeated, the dying Heartless sends out a dark gale which will send the Party and Mirabel flying; the scene shifts to just outside the Case, which collapses just as the Party are thrown outside. A piece of flying debris nearly crashes into the party, but in a last act, Casita raises a wall to shield them, which then shatters. Then the story ends largely as per the film.

Thanks for reading!

Sonofjafar

Awards
so i had this idea awhile back for a new coliseum world based on Wreck it Ralph that featured secret bosses from other famous video game franchises. I shall use this opportunity to include an idea for each console.

Secret boss for the switch:

DimentioSuperPaperMario.png

Name: Dimentio

Intro: as the second to last battle in the Mario cup is won, Dimentio slow claps behind Sora and Co. He then makes his usual introduction as "master of dimensions, the pleaser of crowds. Dimentio." before the fight starts proper, DImentio compliments Sora's power and offers to give him everything he needs to rid the worlds of all darkness in exchange for the cup. If you accept the offer, you lose the cup and Dimentio places floro sprouts on the party, making them his brainwashed slaves, causing a game over. If you refuse, the dastardly jester then changes the arena to his personal pocket dimension from Super Paper Mario, Dimension D.

Phase 1:
Here you fight dimentio in a pocket dimension knwon as DImension D
HP Bars: 12
Attacks:
Chaos Balloonga - Balloonaga but the big balloon is metallic dark grey and the smaller balloons are purple and yellow
Illusion Clones: Dimentio creates illusions of himself to surround Sora and Friends. hit one of the fake dimentios and he will slap you with a giant hand.

Phase 1.5:
After lower DImentio to 2 hp bars, he will flip the battle's perspective to 3d to 2d.
Attacks:
Chaos Thundaga: Dimentio summons purple and yellow lighting that works similar to sora's thunder spell in smash
Magic boxes: DImentio will summon clear boxes around wherever sora is standing in hopes of trapping him in the explosion waiting inside. if you move quickly, you can avoid being trapped in these boxes and even get on top of them top land a hit on the crazy fool.
Illusion Clones: Once again, DImentio creates illusions of himself. However, only the real dimentio will take damage if any of his clones are hit this time.

Phase 2:
It appears Dimentio is defeated as the group is returned to the arena. Unfortunately, the cooky crook has one last trick up his sleeve. you are given the choice to either save donald or goofy before dimentio summons the chaos hearts and sucks up whoever you didn't save into it, fusing it's power with himself to create Super Dimentio.
1653836246345.jpeg
(just take the luigi parts and replace them with the hands, head, and feet of either donald or goofy)
Name: Super DImentio
HP Bars: 24
Attacks:
Chaos Balloonaga and Chaos Thundaga: see previous phases
Dimension shift: super dimentio shifts the perspective from 2D to 3D and vice versa, forcing Sora to fight in that perspective.
Dimentio spin (only used if you don’t save goofy): super dimentio surrounds himself with multiple copies of whatever shield goofy had equipped and spins around the arena, trying to bump Sora.
Dimentio Flare (only used if you don’t save Donald): dimentio summons a giant version of whatever staff Donald had equipped and uses it to summon a huge laser that follows Sora around for a few seconds

Defeat scene: super dimentio’s body explodes, leaving only the head to spite out the stolen party member. Dimentio congratulates the trio on a excellent fight, mentions that he’ll “see them on the other side”, laughs maniacally, and says “Caio” before vanishing into darkness

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Just for the record I am unable to like any of your guy's posts because I can't seem that option. But you're all doing good work!

D

Deleted member 252753

So I recently played Neo Twewy and I thought that a lot of the psychs could work great as enemy attacks in a KH game. Plus Sho Minamimoto (henceforth 'Sho') feels like he has 'secret boss battle' written all over him, especially with his Noise form.

Neomoto.png

I can see Sho briefly appearing in the main story, wiping out a bunch of Heartless in Quadratum, baffling Sora with his power and his talk of 'solving his own system of equations' and the like, before wandering off to do his own thing. Then later in the game he can be found wandering an obscure area of Quadratum where he challenges Sora to try to solve a 'non-trivial' problem. Accepting initiates the boss battle.

The arena is similar to the Expressway Underpass area in NTWEWY at nighttime, complete with cars and vans scattered around the arena, as well as just out of bounds (see image below). The music is a version of Transformation. Water magic does extra damage to him.

show.jpeg

Phase 1 (Psych phase):

In this first phase, Sho attacks with versions of various psychs from NTWEWY, while generally trying to keep his distance from Sora by levitating around the arena and making occasional quick dashes. Sora can shield himself from Sho's attacks by hiding behind the vehicles in this phase. The psychs he uses do neutral damage unless otherwise stated:

Vortex Saber: Sho summons a short energy sword while dashing at Sora, unleashing a combo of slashes, the last one of which will send Sora flying.

Black Hole. A hollow purple circle appears around Sora. After a moment, the circle becomes filled with dark energy which deals dark Sora and sucks him towards the circle's centre until it disappears.

Spectral Swords: Summons many levitating energy swords, a portion of which will home in on Sora. After a few seconds the next group of swords will fly at Sora and so on until they are all gone. During this attack, Sho will also use another pysch.

Trip Wire: Several glowing yellow trip wires appear on the arena. After a while they will finish but if Sora touches one before hand, he will take damage and become bound in chains, open to Sho's next attack.

Psychokinesis: Sho uses a tractor beam to grab a vehicle from within or outside the arena and swings it at Sora. As the attack goes on, he will start swinging a second vehicle at Sora, then a third.

When down to 50% HP, the sky turns red and the Leo Cantus Noise symbol appears above the arena and Sho transforms into Leo Cantus Armo (henceforth LCA)

LeoCantusArmoSymbol.png Noisepedia_Leo_Cantus_Armo (1)~2.png

Phase 2 (Armored Phase):

In this phase, Sho/LCA gains an armor bar and frequently teleports around the arena. His attacks as LCA are powerful slashes of his claws. These are a mixture of blockable combos and telegraphed unblockable charged attacks. (All these attacks will tear through any hit vehicles so they are useless as shields now).

By blocking the combos, and dodging the charged attacks quickly enough, Sora may be able to catch LCA off guard and break through their armour, in which case Sora can do a lot of damage to Sho's health (he will instantly transform back).

The other way this phase can end is after enough time has passed, LCA jumps high in the air, summoning several pillars of fire from the ground, and then crashes down at Sora, producing a shockwave which does a huge amount of damage to Sora, but causes him to revert back to his Sho form.

Either way, Sho surrounds himself with a sigil and prepares his ultimate attack.

Phase 3 (Killer Remix):

Sho first covers the arena with time bombs and, and then summons a sigil around himself. A % counter appears on the screen and immediately reaches 100% as the player regains control of Sora. The counter will increase up to 300%, but if Sora reaches Sho before then and uses the 'Groovekiller' reaction command, the counter will stop where it currently is and decrease by 50 % points

To get to Sho, Sora will have to go around/over the time bombs, which will swell and flash before exploding at various times. If Sora is caught in the explosion, he will be stunned and so won't have any chance of stopping the counter if caught by more than one bomb (not counting stun resistance from equipment).

Either way, Sho will then jump high into the air and from above send down a barrage of lasers at Sora, while the counter decreases to 0% (see Killer Remix in NTWEWY for the idea). If hit once it will be nigh impossible for Sora to avoid getting hit by the rest of the barrage.

034-650x366.jpg

When the counter reaches 0%, Sho will return to the arena for the final phase.

Phase 4 (Mixed pysch/Noise phase)

For the rest of the battle, Sho will attack with the pyschs from the first phase (apart from Vortex Saber) but will also frequently teleport/transform into his Noise form briefly to launch melee attacks at Sora, before transforming back. So the ranged and melee attacks will come thick and fast at the end, making it a tough battle to close.

When its over, Sho will simply say "Heh!" and give Sora the 'Reaper Pin' accessory as a reward before leaving him to guess just who or what Minamimoto even is.
Reaper_pin_comic~2.jpg
The Reaper Pin looks like those from NTWEWY (see above) but with the Leo Cantus noise symbol and gives the following stat bonuses: Str +3, Def +1, Mag +4, AP +15. To make up for the so-so stats, the Reaper Pin also grants Magic Hastega and the unique ability 'Healthy Erasure', which restores a little of the wearer's health whenever they defeat an enemy, making this accessory extremely useful for mob battles.

For battle quotes please insert your favorite math puns. Thank you for reading.

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
So I recently played Neo Twewy and I thought that a lot of the psychs could work great as enemy attacks in a KH game. Plus Sho Minamimoto (henceforth 'Sho') feels like he has 'secret boss battle' written all over him, especially with his Noise form.

View attachment 15370

I can see Sho briefly appearing in the main story, wiping out a bunch of Heartless in Quadratum, baffling Sora with his power and his talk of 'solving his own system of equations' and the like, before wandering off to do his own thing. Then later in the game he can be found wandering an obscure area of Quadratum where he challenges Sora to try to solve a 'non-trivial' problem. Accepting initiates the boss battle.

The arena is similar to the Expressway Underpass area in NTWEWY at nighttime, complete with cars and vans scattered around the arena, as well as just out of bounds (see image below). The music is a version of Transformation. Water magic does extra damage to him.

View attachment 15371

Phase 1 (Psych phase):

In this first phase, Sho attacks with versions of various psychs from NTWEWY, while generally trying to keep his distance from Sora by levitating around the arena and making occasional quick dashes. Sora can shield himself from Sho's attacks by hiding behind the vehicles in this phase. The psychs he uses do neutral damage unless otherwise stated:

Vortex Saber: Sho summons a short energy sword while dashing at Sora, unleashing a combo of slashes, the last one of which will send Sora flying.

Black Hole. A hollow purple circle appears around Sora. After a moment, the circle becomes filled with dark energy which deals dark Sora and sucks him towards the circle's centre until it disappears.

Spectral Swords: Summons many levitating energy swords, a portion of which will home in on Sora. After a few seconds the next group of swords will fly at Sora and so on until they are all gone. During this attack, Sho will also use another pysch.

Trip Wire: Several glowing yellow trip wires appear on the arena. After a while they will finish but if Sora touches one before hand, he will take damage and become bound in chains, open to Sho's next attack.

Psychokinesis: Sho uses a tractor beam to grab a vehicle from within or outside the arena and swings it at Sora. As the attack goes on, he will start swinging a second vehicle at Sora, then a third.

When down to 50% HP, the sky turns red and the Leo Cantus Noise symbol appears above the arena and Sho transforms into Leo Cantus Armo (henceforth LCA)

View attachment 15372 View attachment 15374

Phase 2 (Armored Phase):

In this phase, Sho/LCA gains an armor bar and frequently teleports around the arena. His attacks as LCA are powerful slashes of his claws. These are a mixture of blockable combos and telegraphed unblockable charged attacks. (All these attacks will tear through any hit vehicles so they are useless as shields now).

By blocking the combos, and dodging the charged attacks quickly enough, Sora may be able to catch LCA off guard and break through their armour, in which case Sora can do a lot of damage to Sho's health (he will instantly transform back).

The other way this phase can end is after enough time has passed, LCA jumps high in the air, summoning several pillars of fire from the ground, and then crashes down at Sora, producing a shockwave which does a huge amount of damage to Sora, but causes him to revert back to his Sho form.

Either way, Sho surrounds himself with a sigil and prepares his ultimate attack.

Phase 3 (Killer Remix):

Sho first covers the arena with time bombs and, and then summons a sigil around himself. A % counter appears on the screen and immediately reaches 100% as the player regains control of Sora. The counter will increase up to 300%, but if Sora reaches Sho before then and uses the 'Groovekiller' reaction command, the counter will stop where it currently is and decrease by 50 % points

To get to Sho, Sora will have to go around/over the time bombs, which will swell and flash before exploding at various times. If Sora is caught in the explosion, he will be stunned and so won't have any chance of stopping the counter if caught by more than one bomb (not counting stun resistance from equipment).

Either way, Sho will then jump high into the air and from above send down a barrage of lasers at Sora, while the counter decreases to 0% (see Killer Remix in NTWEWY for the idea). If hit once it will be nigh impossible for Sora to avoid getting hit by the rest of the barrage.

View attachment 15375

When the counter reaches 0%, Sho will return to the arena for the final phase.

Phase 4 (Mixed pysch/Noise phase)

For the rest of the battle, Sho will attack with the pyschs from the first phase (apart from Vortex Saber) but will also frequently teleport/transform into his Noise form briefly to launch melee attacks at Sora, before transforming back. So the ranged and melee attacks will come thick and fast at the end, making it a tough battle to close.

When its over, Sho will simply say "Heh!" and give Sora the 'Reaper Pin' accessory as a reward before leaving him to guess just who or what Minamimoto even is.
View attachment 15376
The Reaper Pin looks like those from NTWEWY (see above) but with the Leo Cantus noise symbol and gives the following stat bonuses: Str +3, Def +1, Mag +4, AP +15. To make up for the so-so stats, the Reaper Pin also grants Magic Hastega and the unique ability 'Healthy Erasure', which restores a little of the wearer's health whenever they defeat an enemy, making this accessory extremely useful for mob battles.

For battle quotes please insert your favorite math puns. Thank you for reading.
Great design, Dast! And the math puns would work particularly well in a world called Quadratum, which screams equations and geometry to me.
I love that you'd be left to guess who the hell that guy was.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
WARNING: THE FOLLOWING POST CONTAINS LARGE AMOUNTS OF FANBOY SELF-INDULGENCE. VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED.

rtTbFoz.png

Name: Gilgamesh
Origin: Final Fantasy V
World fought: Angel Grove
World's origin: Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers
Location: Angel Grove Bridge (which wasn't really a thing, but gotta have a bridge for Gilgy)
Player: Sora
Party: Donald, Goofy, Tommy the Green Ranger
Music: Battle on the Big Bridge

DISNEY DOESN'T EVEN OWN POWER RANGERS ANYMORE! EVEN IF THEY DID, IT BEING AN ADAPTATION OF A JAPANESE SHOW OWNED BY TOEI WOULD MAKE IT IMPOSSIBLE TO PUT INTO A JAPANESE GAME ANYWAY!!!

The way I figure, this thread's all about hypothetical scenarios so why not a hypothetical of the past? What if KH2 had a PR world back when Disney own it? Doesn't strike me as any more farfetched than the rest of this thread. & besides, by inserting a FF boss into the world instead of going with a PR villain will probably make this post more palpable for the rest of you.

Anyway, this occurs during the world's 2nd visit. SDG join forces with Tommy who had been separated from the rest of the team due to interference from attacking heartless (this actually happened all the time in the 1st season: he always got set back from helping until the end of the episode). After the party goes around saving random people from heartless attacks, they finally catch up with the rest of the team on the bridge. The other 5 rangers have been defeated by Gilgamesh, who is holding all of their power weapons in his many hands. Gilgamesh explains he is forever in search of special mighty weapons & now that he has the rangers', he's coming for the keyblade next. He then says his famous lines:

Gilgamesh said:
Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men! And ladies! And ladies who dress like men! For Gilgamesh...it is morphing time!

r8J5LvD.png

OH MY GOD DID YOU REALLY DO THIS JUST FOR THAT PUN?!

Well that & the "ladies who dress like men" line is applicable to the yellow ranger who's a guy in the Sentai version.

WAIT, YOU CAN HEAR ME?

Ah yeah, you've been kinda loud over there.

Oh, Sorry.

Attacks:

SLDsQVq.png

-Power Sword Slash. Combo opener. A pair of diagonal slashes. Stunlocks Sora long enough for a follow-up attack.

-Power Sword Spin-out. Combo finisher. Gilgamesh pivots in place, striking with a backhanded slash.

Z0j4C7I.png

-Power Bow Shot. Combo opener. Does little damage but stunlocks Sora for a fraction of a second. Gilgamesh spams these while walking closer.

-Power Bow Blast. Combo finisher. Fires a pink energy projectile instead of an arrow.

4sslFRn.png

-Power Axe Hack. Combo opener. Swings axe horizontally.

-Power Axe Chop. Combo finisher. Downward from overhead attack.

kJSUVdD.png
XHb78RH.png

-Power Lance Spin. Combo opener. Does a trapping spinning attack similar to the centaur heartless ( those could probably be in this world.

-Power Lance Thrust. Combo finisher. Stabs forward with 1 end on the lance.

RJLOl0l.png

-Power Daggers Stab. Combo opener. Quick left/right/left jabs with the daggers.

-Power Daggers Plunge. Combo finisher. Plunges the daggers into his target's head/chest (pending the given party member's height).

As you can tell, Gilgamesh is a bit combo-heavy in this fight. Having so many hands allows him to seamlessly transition from 1 to another with ease.

6ssPlRA.png

-Power Blaster Beam. Gilgamesh's DM. Combines the power weapons into a quintuple cannon that fires devastating beams. If caught in it, only having Second Chance or really high defense will save you.

And since this a KH2 fight, less go over the player's options....

eb43e48d8bae962b4bdccf71aa6af7fa.jpg

-Reaction Command: Dragon Deflect. Right before the Power Blaster beams hit, if the player hits Triangle just in time Tommy stands in front of Sora & bounces the blast back at Gilgy with his Dragon Shield (the gold chest armor thingie, I don't know why they called it a shield either...).

-Martial Artistry. Tommy's limit command. Sora puts away his keyblade & the 2 of them attack the target with punches & kicks (the rangers gave Sora some lessons in the 1st visit). Finisher has them bust out the keyblade & Dragon Dagger for a final energy charged strike.

-Reflect. Well it is the 2nd visit, so the player likely has at least the basic version of the spell.

-Mickey. He will show up in this fight if Sora's KOed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With Gilgamesh Thoroughly beaten down, the other rangers get back on their feet & retrieve their weapons. Gilgy is about to high tail it out of there but Rita Repulsa, watching from her palace, has other plans.

Rita Repulsa said:
"Magic wand, make my monster GROOOOWWWW!!!"

Gilgamesh is grown to skyscrapper size & Rita's general Goldar (the boss of the 1st visit) joins him. The Power Rangers call on their mecha, the dino zords, to do battle in the middle of the city.

I thought you said you weren't doing PR villains.

At first SDG sit back watch the rangers do their thing. But the bad guys quickly overpower them. Just when all seems lost, Chip & Dale call in, having hacked into Tommy's wrist communicator (FYI, Tommy didn't go into his zord to control it so he was standing next to SDG) & they inform Sora that they have built a special new gummi ship that they modeled after the Megazord. & so SDG take command of *drumroll* The Gummi Megazord.

THAT'S IT, I QUIT! THIS THREAD IS A LOST CAUSE!

Phase 2: Giant Gilgamesh & Giant Goldar
ecfd6fcd89ddc1a42070212a04c20236.jpg

World: Angel Grove
Player: Gummi Megazord
Party: Dino Megazord & Dragonzord
Music: The Encounter

5a934bcce4531b44d1f7daf4144ad091.jpg

The Gummi Megazord resembles a giant blocky Sora made from red, blue, & yellow gummi blocks. It even has its own keyblade constructed out of gummi blocks. Gameplay wise it basically plays the same as Sora but with some abilities like summons & drives disabled.

Gilgamesh & Goldar mostly fight the same as in their previous fights, obviously fighting them both at once adding to the challenge. Gilgamesh now uses his own weapons this time & doesn't have a Power Blaster attack anymore. As for Goldar,

Attacks:

-Heavy Sword Swing. A slower but hard hitting sword attack.

-Eye Blast. Shoots 2 pairs of orange energy projectiles from his eyes. Faster than Sword Blast.

-Sword Blast. Fire an orange energy projectile from his sword. Slower start-up but hits harder.

-Dropkick. Flies forward feet first. Has the most knockback of his attacks.

-Flying Thrust. Takes flight with his wings & charges towards his prey sword first.

-High Winds, Uses his wings to create strong gusts of wind that do aero damage. This attack goes on for several seconds.

Additionally, there's a battle-specific HUD representing the surrounding buildings. If too many buildings are destroyed during the fight, it's game over.

Player's abilities:

-Mickey does not appear (what did you think he would even do?)

-Reaction Command: Tornado Comeback. If Sora/GMZ avoids getting caught in High WInds, after a couple of seconds the RC is avalible where they rapidly spin the keyblade, drawing in the wind & creating a tornado. Goldar (& Gilgamesh in 2nd visit) are pulled into the tornado where they take damage.

-Limit Command: Gummi Ultrazord. All of the zords momentarily combine into 1 hulking mechanical monstrosity that moves slowly but hits like a skyscrappper sized semi-truck. Finisher fires a shit ton of lasers coming out of every limb & orifice.

God, what's next from your demented mind? A KIng Koopa fight from the live action Mario movie that Disney produced?

Well now that you mentioned it....

NO, ANYTHING BUT THAT!

Last edited:

Sonofjafar

Awards
Ultimate Champion’s Arena part 2: PC Edition

For the pc port of this far off world for a far off volume of the kingdom hearts saga, we have the Inkwell Cups. These brutal gauntlets feature three bosses from indie game classic Cuphead mixed into the usual coliseum battles. These bosses include Cagney Carnation, Brook the Clown, Werner Werman, and The Devil himself. For today we shall describe the fight with Werner Werman.

146C072C-0F02-487E-B301-4ACDF3514B1E.png
Name: Werner Werman
World: Ultimate Champion’s Arena
Boss Music: Murine Corps
Intro:
Entering the arena once more, Sora discovers that he and his comrades have shrunk. Suddenly, the ground shakes with the sound of a tank coming from behind them. The party quickly dodges the oncoming vehicle before discovering it is actually a giant soup can attached to wooden make shift wheels. Confused at first, Sora is soon greeted by his opponent in German. Werner lights a cigar and begins his fight after the usual announcement that “this match wil get red hot.”

Phase one: Werner in his tank
Hp Bars: 15
Attacks:
CHARGE!!: Werner Werman charges at the party at full force with the tank.

Cherry Bombs: Werner fires bombs towards the party that explode upon impact, shooting fire balls in all directions.

Soup Sling: a catapult comes out of the tank and fires various bits of soup at the party.

After this phase, Werner will retreat into his tank, which malfunctions while trying to throw a firecracker at the party. This causes the tank to explode minus the controls.

Phase 2: Werner exposed
E08CFB4C-79C9-4092-A320-524E6F5FCD04.png
HP Bars: 10
Attacks:
Kap Blade: Werner breaks out a bottle cap on a stick and spins around, using it as a makeshift sword.

Side Flames: the controls of the former tank shoot flames from it’s side, spread across the arena like as literal firewall

The next phase is triggered when a giant cat eats Werner and proceed to attack the party

Phase 3: Katzenwagen
947F2A3B-1DF8-4811-AD2C-722436399749.jpeg
HP Bars: 8
Attacks:

Paw swipe: Katzenwagen swipes his paws left and right across the arena.

Rat Ghosts: Katzenwagen opens it’s mouth to let out the ghosts of it’s previous meals dressed in classic jail garb. These ghosts attack Sora to distract from the cat.

Outdo: after beating the giant feline, it is revealed that it was a robot being piloted by Werner Werman. The Jerry falls out of Katzenwagen, battered and bruised. He hands the cup to Sora and friends. Cue celebratory music

JosephLeanos

Awards
Name: Monster Casita
World: Colombia Mi Encanto
Boss Music: El Milagro está Maldito (The Miracle is Cursed)
Intro:
So at the point in the film where Casita collapses, in my version, before the moment it starts collapsing, Abuela quickly becomes angry, and the darkness overtakes her, as Casita crumbles and transforms itself into a monster, with Sora and company having to take it down.

Phase one
Hp Bars: 9
Attacks:
Pepa's Gift: Monster Casita unleashes a massive rain storm that shoots lightning bolts all around it. It also creates tornadoes that deal massive damage and blow Sora around.

Julieta's Gift: Monster Casita slams its fist into the ground, and yanks out a chunk of the earth, eating it, which heals itself.

Bruno's Gift: Monster Casita's eyes glow green, and it unleashes a blast of spiraling dangerous sand, similar to when Bruno has a vision.

Phase 2
HP Bars: 10
Attacks:
Luisa's Gift: Monster Casita throws massive punches that deal the most damage out of any attack.

Isabela's Gift: Monster Casita releases a blast of thorny flowers that come in the form of a line.

Antonio's Gift: Monster Casita opens its front door, releasing a bunch of leopards, capybaras and toucans made out of the house's furniture, which attack Sora.

Phase 3
HP Bars: 12
Attacks:
All 6 attacks are used in this phase.

After completing each phase, you're taken to a brief section where you have to go through a different Madrigal's room by reaching a door, after fighting a hoard of shadows, of course.

Room 1: Bruno's Room:
A large spiral tower that spins around like an hourglass full of sand.

Room 2: Isabela's Room:
A massive flower maze with booming blooms and flashing flora.

Room 3: Antonio's Room:
A giant tree that you have to climb up and reach the top, while fighting off any flora and fauna that tries to stop you.

Final Phase:
All that's left to do is land one final hit on the boss, but you have to hit it in its chest, because that's where the miracle candle, its source of power, is.

Outdo: After beating the giant monster house, it all crumbles apart, restoring Abuela, while also leaving the miracle and house gone. A bittersweet victory for sure.

Last edited:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Diz_KHII.png

Name: Dude is Zany, or Diz for short
Game: Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
World: Twilight Town
Player: Roxas
Party: None
Music: Scherzo Di Notte

A fight I was hoping to see in Days but didn't (1 of many in that regard). DiZ decides to make his own move on capturing Roxas some time before he turns to Riku for aid. I'll try to keep mindful of this being on DS hardware & before BBS came out (had an idea of him using Braig's/Aelus'/Dilan's weapons but that would only work if the player had seen them beforehand).

Attacks:

-Teleport. Does this to move about the area. Seemingly never walks or run at all.

-Fira Vial. Removes a vial from his top pouch & casts the Days version of Fira from it.

-Thundara Vial. Taken from the middle pouch.

-Blizzara Vial. Bottom pouch. Bet he's regretting not having more pouches for Aero & Cure.

*At 50% HP*

-Firaga Vial. Starts grabbing multiple vials at once to cast the stronger Fire spell. Not that the player could ever possibly tell on the DS screen.

-Thundaga Vial.

-Blizzaga Vial.

In the post-fight cutscene, Diz is flying through a door and smashes into the dining room table, thus explaining what happened to that.

PS, if your thought this post was a little underwhelming...... well that's Days for ya. Even Riku was a letdown in that game.

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards
this came to be in a daydream about a possible/theoretical reveal trailer for a star wars world in KH4.

to sum up the daydream (which i might post later) is Sora at Endor with the player going through the events of Return of the Jedi from Sora's perspective. we get scenes of him with interacting with Luke, Leia, Han and Chewbacca. then some gameplay of him fighting off stormtroopers and heartless(or whatever type of enemy exists in the Realm of Fiction). but near the end, Sora is seen fighting this....

e6d_ia_5724_a150e6d4.jpeg

Name: AT-ST (All Terrian Scout Walker)
HP Bars: 23
World: Endor (Star Wars)
Party: none
Bio: A walker created by the Galactic Empire, this one is trying to stop you from reaching the Shield Generator. (and before you ask, no this isn't the one Chewie hijacked.)
Battle music:

okay in know what you're thinking, for anyone who ever played Shadows of the Empire would know how easy an AT-ST boss fight is.

well unlike that fight, you don't have a blaster, you have add mobs to worry about, and this walker can actually fight back.

Walker Stomp: Triggers a stomp that sends the player flying back.
Grenade Barrage: fires a volley of grenades around the battlefield.
Missile Strike: fires 3-5 missiles at the player.
Heavy Fire: focuses all fire on the player with stronger cannon blasts.

the player can disable it temporarily by attacking the knee joints, then you attack the head.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Been a while.

Riku enters the gate/portal/spiky bally thingy at the MoM in hopes of reaching Quadratum. But unfortunately he took the wrong turn at Albuquerque & instead winds up at the Mirrorverse, a reality filled with over designed Disney characters. & it looks like he's about to run into a few old friends there...

Mirrorverse Oogie Boogie

GtHV4aW.png

World: Mirrorverse Halloween Town
Area: Oogie's Playroom (this Oogie is on the lower floor with Riku)
Player: KH Riku
Party: Mirrorverse Sorcerer Mickey
Music: Squirming Evil

Basic moves:

-Game of Chance. At the very start of battle, Oogie rolls a die. The result of the roll adds a variable to the reminder of the fight, creating an RNG factor everytime you play.

1-Unlucky roll, Oogie can't use his advanced moves.
2-Oogie's attack stat is increased by 50%
3-Riku's attack & magic stats are decreased by 50%
4-No Mickey, Riku fights alone
5-Half of the sections of the floor are replaced with acid pits
6-Summon Fractured Oogie Boogies

yvW9dNv.png

Proving that Square doesn't have the monopoly on oddly named monster factions, The Fractured are Mirrorverse's cannon fodder enemies. They take the form of the world's various inhabitants although in this case Oogie only summon fractured versions of himself. They only have his basic attacks & have a quarter of the HP.

-Menacing Mace. Swings his mace around.

-Shield Monster Bash. Slams his spiky shield into his opponent.

-Creepy Combo. After losing 20% HP, Oogie starts more agressively attacking, combining mace & shield into combo attacks.

-Wheel of Misfortune. Oogie goes Captain America & throws his shield, a spinning boomerang buzzsaw that ricochets off the walls before returning to him.

-Swipe Left. Like playable characters in Mirrorverse, Oogie can flash step in any direction. This can get him out of Riku's reach or even put him behind Riku for a sneak attack.

Advanced moves:

-Bug Swarm. Oogie sends out hordes of his insects to cover Riku, slowing his movement & inflicting gradually damage over time. The player can remove them either by dodge rolling enough times to shake them off, blowing them away with Aero (which uses a lot of MP due to Riku not specializing in wind magic), or taking a dip in the acid if you're that desperate.

-Wheel of Downright Rotten Luck. Like Wheel of Misfortune except the shield continues to bounce around for a longer stretch of time.

-Flip of a coin. At 1 HP left, Oogie stops the fight to propose a coin toss to decide the victor. If lands heads, he jumps to the upper level and floors the room in acid, killing Riku instantly. If tails, Riku wins the battle. This is a trick however, it's a two-headed coin. The player is actually supposed to smack the back at Oogie before it lands, hurting him for exactly 1 HP to finish him off.

Soldier

Awards
Guess I might as well tackle another one. Sora and co. have a habit of beating up small children, why not have them beat up a teenager?
Ercole Visconti
1675547562155.jpeg
World: Portorosso
Area: Town outskirts
Party member: Alberto Scorfano (Sorry Luca, your fins aren't sharp enough to cut this bastard)

So SDG have moved on from child abuse to physical assault in the town of Portorosso, but that's okay because their opponent is a teen pretending to be a kid and is a jerk to everyone, so I think the citizens will look the other way (unless the heartless killed them all first?). Obviously this takes place during the vespa race, and SDG have to stall Ercole so that Luca can win the race.
Basic moves:
-Ram: Ercole puts the pedal to the metal as he accelerates at 78 mph (apparently that's the average top speed) to run Sora down. A quick dodge roll or taking to the air can avoid this attack though.

-Savage spin: Ercole throws all caution to the wind and does a 360 degree spin towards Sora, this attack has a high chance to stun.

-Caltrop cascade: With a penchant for underhanded tricks (such as dousing one of his minions in olive oil to increase his swimming speed) it wouldn't be surprising for Ercole to throw some caltrops on the battlefield. This is good and bad for him, as it limits SDG's movement but one false move and his precious Vespa is down for the count. The spikes cover a wide area of the battlefield, but Sora can blow them away with a well aimed aero spell.
Phase 2:
Using a team attack with Alberto wherein the former is given a speed boost with a water spell, Alberto's spiky fins pierce the Vespa's wheels, turning Ercole into a spear fighter (oops, wrong series)

Harpoon stab: using the harpoon, he does a quick stab through Sora, doing a fair bit of damage.

Spear of Midnight: Ercole imbues the harpoon in darkness, turning it into a spear with a ludicrous range.

Tri-jab: Ercole does a quick 3 stabs in front of him.

Trip up: Doing a swift maneuver, Ercole swings the harpoon under Sora's feet, tripping him momentarily.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
azAu2Jy.png

Name: The Smoke Monster (AKA Man in Black, AKA fake John Locke)
Origin: Lost
World: Lost Island (subtle, I know)
Location: Heart of the Island https://lostpedia.fandom.com/wiki/The_Heart_of_the_Island (the room is enlarged from it's source material to accommodate a boss battle)
Party: None because really would any of them even matter?
Music: Phase 1-The Encounter, Phase 2-Vim & Vigor

-Initially, the monster is in his dark cloud form. He can not be harmed by physical attacks but magic can still damage him a little. However he can not be completely defeated this way, only stunned for a while. Fire is particularly effective against him.

-The movement patterns are not unlike those of the Demon Tide: swarming around the area & occasionally charging at Sora.

Attacks:

-Engulf. The monster's standard attack is pass through Sora, damaging him with many small hits as he does so.

-Smoke Shot. The Smoke Monster stretches himself out width-wise a bit & launches a series smoke projectiles from it's body.

-Cave in. Slams against a wall, causing stalactites to fall from the ceiling.

-Grab & Smash. Wraps the end of his form around Sora, effectively grabbing him & picking him up before smashing Sora in the water.

-Surrounded. His DM Smoke Monster stretches his cloud form into a circle encompassing Sora.

Reaction Command: Release the Light. In order to defeat the Man in Black, Sora must remove the large stone cork thing in center of the room, releasing the light it holds back. This can't be done quickly so the player will likely have to stun the boss first. Once the cork is removed & the light is let out, The Smoke Monster is forced into a human form, namely that of John Locke, & is now mortal.

Phase 2 Attacks:

jDDxfF1.png

-Ancient Dagger. A large dagger that he stab and slashes with.

48HDlmp.png

-Throwing Knife. Can quickly spams for small chunks of damage.

65ZKRjn.jpg

-Hunting Rifle. Takes longer for him to fire than the knives, but it does more damage.

-Rifle Butt. A counterattack if Sora tries attacking him when he's using the rifle. Better to just dodge the shot.

P.S. Researching this guy & refreshing my memories of Lost made me realize this show is surprisingly well-suited for KH. Not only is there a light vs. dark theme, but it's own lore states all people have Light inside them but they'll crave more. Like how on the nose is that?!

TrinityXaos

Awards
Website
t.co
Why not a different take of Yozora?

Instead of being stuck in one flat area, let Yozora create the battlefield and make Sora navigate his way to Yozora to continue the fight. Kind of a mix of the first boss battle in Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, the first part of the final Xemnas boss battles in KHII, and what we have seen in KHIV's gameplay trailer.

KINGDOM HEARTS Ⅲ_20230520113927.jpg

Back