• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Design a KH boss battle

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
8afww3hm35b81.jpg

Don't think I need to go into detail how they fight, I just want to see the BS story shenanigans that somehow lead to having to fight the dark versions of all 3 at once.
They're all exploring the Realm of Darkness in the post-KH3 year gap. Shit could happen down there.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
30-303006_queen-clipart-png-evil-queen-kingdom-hearts.png

Name: Evil Queen AKA Queen Grimhilde AKA Ingrid (I guess her full name is Queen Ingrid Grimhilde then? *shrug*)
World: Dwarf Woodlands
Party: None
Music: Vim & Vigor

Attacks

-Bomb Potion. Throws a beaker with a volatile red liquid inside. It explodes shortly upon landing (shorter "fuse" than the ones in the rest of the castle)
KHBBS_screen_Terra_DW1.png

(Weirdly hard to find a good picture of 1 online)

-Raven Swoop. Her pet raven dives in to attack. Like Hayabusa, it has its own short HP bar.
Snow-white-disneyscreencaps.com-5642.jpg

-Poisoned Apple. Throws an apple that inflicts a stronger poison status than elsewhere in the game.
The_Poison_Apple.jpg

-Poison Spray. Shakes up a test tube & points the open end towards the player, a corrosive foam spraying out of it.
Two_small_test_tubes_held_in_spring_clamps.jpg

-Dagger Stab. Uses the Huntsman's dagger as a melee attack. Don't ask how she even has it when Terra took the place of that huntsman, some questions are best left as plotholes unanswered.
Humbert.jpg

-Mirror Deflection. Summons the Magic Mirror in front of her. It'll deflect physical attacks & reflect magic back at the player. However it protects her from 1 side.
png-clipart-magic-mirror-evil-queen-snow-white-snow-white-mirror.png

-Acid Puddle. Throws a beaker on the floor that creates a puddle of acid that will damage the player if they step on it.

-Healing Potion. Drinks from a green potion beaker, gradually restoring HP as she chugs. This can be interrupted & in the late-half of the fight she does it while hiding behind the mirror.

Last edited:

KingKarateCHOP39

Awards
I would love to see an Yzma boss battle where there is a combination of her throwing potions at you and turning you into several different animals and her drinking potions to transform herself into something big and scary

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I don’t have the time to go into full detail, but if Encanto gets a Kingdom Hearts world, there needs to be a Hell House style boss, as a double reference to both Casita being sentient and the FFVII enemy/Remake boss.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I don’t have the time to go into full detail, but if Encanto gets a Kingdom Hearts world, there needs to be a Hell House style boss, as a double reference to both Casita being sentient and the FFVII enemy/Remake boss.
I just finished watching the film & I really don't see how it could work as a world. It's too small & contained, & the main conflict is a family squabble that no KH OC has any business sticking their nose in.

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards
*cracks his knuckles* okay folks! this one has been stewing in my head for a while...and its time to let it out.

how do you make a good make a memorable final boss battle. by making it as epic as you can get...and with a twist or two thrown in.

ah the recipe for the ultimate final boss showdown. we begin with one part vile villain of the nefarious variety.

4lc78kw0mi0z.png

Name: Emperor Sheev Palpatine (aka Darth Sidious)
World: Galaxy Far, Far Away
Party: Rey, Ben Solo (during Phase 1)
Music: Black Powder

of course i couldn't do Darth Vader boss battle without creating one for his master. but then we add a twist of surprise to this one.

we will be playing not as Sora but as Kairi. i wont go into any further detail as this could be something for a Kairi-centric title. but consider this boss battle as part of Kairi's own Mark of Mastery Exam.

Phase 1: Palpatine is still connected to his life support appartatus, but that doesn't make him any less dangerous.

Force Push: Palpatine sends out a burst, blasting the player across the area while dealing damage.

Force Lighting: Palpatine sends a quick bolt of lighting at the player.

Force Burst: Palpatine lets out a bellowing roar, similar to Force Push but does aoe damage.

Phase 2: after knocking about half his hp down, a cutscene triggers in which he drains Rey and Ben's energy, restoring his body. Ben get yeeted away and you're on your own against the fully charged Sith Lord. Music Change: Forze dell'Oscurita

Force Speed: *laughs manically* Palpatine zooms across the battlefield at high speed, striking the player randomly. the player can either counter or dodge it.

Debris Throw: "Behold the power of the Dark Side" Using the Force, Palpatine pulls chunks of debris from the background and throws it at the player. the debris varies from small rocks to huge boulders. dodging is required.

Sith Frenzy: "You are Nothing!" Palpatine will warp to the player and swipes at them like a madman. timing is very crucial if you don't want to take a lot of damage.

Force Storm: "Bear witness to my Power! The Power of the Sith!" Palpatine returns to his throne and rises his hands, sending multiple arcs of lighting into the air that strike the ground.

Shadows of the Sith: "Shades of the Sith long past, i summon you!" Palpatine summons shadow constructs of previous Sith Lords to attack the player. each has a small amount of hp but are annoy if not dealt with.

Phase 3: now we mix two parts surprise and alt boss battle.

Palpatine: Pathetic! you are nothing before the power of the dark side... 'summons a corridor of darkness behind Kairi.' BEGONE!!! 'blasts Kairi with a bolt of force lighting, sending her into the corridor as it close up.'

welp you got yeeted by an old sith prune and got send to the Realm of Darkness of all places. but before you could go back and give the geezer a good smack down. you got company....

Meet the great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-*gasps*great-great-great-great-grand daddy of all Darksides...

Darkside Prime

Appearance: A Darkside Heartless the size of a mountain with crimson markings all along its body.
HP: You don't want to know....

Party Members: N/A (you're on your own)
Bio: this thing isn't just a normal Darkside, this thing is the embodiment of the Sith and the darkness that they have created. In short, this is Palpatine's Heartless! its bigger than any heartless you've faced before.

Dark Punch: The Darkside punches the ground, causing a dark pool and mild shockwave to form. This attack gives birth to a small number of Pureblood Heartless

Dark Homing Swarm: Fires five barrages of twelve dark homing projectiles from the heart-shaped hole in its body, with the last barrage launching twenty projectiles.

Shockwave: Generates a shock wave by punching its left hand into the ground. Used immediately after Dark Sphere. Has a 50% chance to Stun the target for 5 seconds.

Dark Sphere: Produces a dark sphere from the ground and lets it loose in midair; this large sphere rains smaller spheres around itself and its opponent.

Demon Storm: Summons Demon tides that swarm the battlefield.

Light's End: final attack: after you knock its hp to near zero, Darkside Prime summons a massive orb of darkness and sends it at the player. you can use only button mash to just barely hold it back. after a few seconds, a cutscene triggers in which Kairi taps into the bonds of those her heart has connected. and from those bonds the player receives a miracle: the X-Blade itself!

Reaction Command: Light's Hope: Unleash the full power of the X-blade to convert the orb of darkness into an orb of light. Darkside Prime will summon other Darksides to try and suppress the light. pressing a trigger button will send out a shockwave through the orb, repelling the Darksides.

Final Phase: This is it folks, we're almost done. This one's for those who wanted to give Kairi her badass moment. and how does one give her a badass moment?

by making it like this....

start at 1:12

Kairi is back on Exegol, Rey is back up and deflecting Palpatine's Force Lighting. Except Kairi finds herself in a separate plane of existence as the Darkside Prime is looming menacingly behind Palpatine, drawing power from his darkness and emitting an aura that darkens the whole room. With the X-Blade in, Kairi declares that if Palpatine is the darkness, then she and Rey are the light that will burn away the dark. she then raises the X-Blade, releasing a burst of light that erases the dark aura around the room, startling the giant Heartless.

Event Battle: Kairi will start walking towards Rey, X-Blade in hand, head held high and feeling like the badass she is now and not giving a flying hoot. Darkside Prime will literally throw everything at you to show off its power.

Shades of the Sith: Darkside Prime will summon the ghost of the past Sith Lords to attack Kairi. using a well timed attack will cause Kairi to backhand slash the shades, causing the shades to dissolve into light. doing this will cause Darkside Primes's HP to drop.

Demon Tide: Sics a Demon Tide at Kairi. Triggering a reaction command will allow Kairi to fire a beam that repels the Demon Tide. pressing the triangle at the right moment will destroy the Demon Tide.

Pureblood Brethren: Summons other Pureblood Heartless to stop Kairi. one swipe from the X-blade nets an insta-kill against the heartless.

Dark Force Lighting: Fires a beam of red force lighting at Kairi from its right hand. Counter with the X-Blade to 'bleed' it into blue energy and send it back to deal damage.

As you continue to deal damage and move forward. Cracks begin to form on Darkside Prime's body as it starts to to show signs of panic. it repeats the previous attack at random, desperately trying to keep you away.

All of The Darkness: Once the player does enough damage, Darkside Prime begins to go mad, channeling every ounce of darkness in the area, devouring any remaining Heartless in the process, to create a beam from pure dark energy. to counter this, the player must use the final reaction command 'All of The Light' in which Kairi counters by firing a beam of pure light from the X-blade. Darkside Prime will summon Sith Shades to help strengthen its attack with force lightning. continue to button mash until you receive the prompt 'turn darkness into light' and then perform the button prompt to 'bleed' the darkness into light. of course all this is timed with Rey sending Palpatine's force lighting back into him. as the beam begins to push closer towards Darkside Prime, you get a button prompt which sends out a pulse of light, destroying the remaining Sith spirits and greatly damage Darkside Prime. A second prompt send out a second burst, causing Darkside Prime to lose its attack and get hit by the beam, which begins to dissolve its body. one final prompt lets Kairi fire one final burst of light. it strikes Darkside Prime, causing its body to be consumed in an orb of light which then explodes in a grand finish. and of course Darkside Prime defeat is timed perfectly with Palpatine's death as both perish in thier own respective explosions.

whew....was this hard to type out. now if you all excuse me, im going to lay down for half a day or two....

Last edited:

Seasaltrio

Awards
This is a really hard queston for me, not because I can't think of one, but because I think about this kind of stuff all the time! So I'll shorten my list because I don't want to be writing all night.:LOL: So here are a few of my favorites.
#1- Bill Cipher
I know KH hasn't done TV series worlds yet, but you can't have watched Gravity Falls, look me in the eye, and tell me this wouldn't be a super epic boss fight. Some attacks could be rays shooting from his eyes (either a flurry of lasers, sort of like some of Xigbar's attacks, or one big charge-up beam) Maybe he could change forms to some other appearances he took on in Gravity Falls. I guess I didn't really think the attacks through thoroughly, but it's totally an idea. This would probably be later in a game since, y'know, Bill is like the most powerful being in the multiverse and a very good match for Sora that would make a fun, yet annoyingly difficult boss fight.
#2- Tamatoa/Takaa (both from Moana)
Both of these would make for awesome boss fights, considering the massive sizes of both of these two. Takaa I guess would be defeated by spamming water whenever you can.:ROFLMAO:
#3- Nemari/ something Raya and the Last Dragon
(spoilers for the movie)
Since Nemari isn't the biggest Kingdom Hearts-level threat, I also came up with some other ideas like maybe a heartless dragon, which would be cool if they managed to fit that in the story, or possibly a massive droom. But it would be fun to team up with Raya and beat up that no good BINTURI after she 'kills' Sisu. Excuse my in-movie language.

Seasaltrio

Awards
I would love to see an Yzma boss battle where there is a combination of her throwing potions at you and turning you into several different animals and her drinking potions to transform herself into something big and scary
That's actually a really good idea that I would love to see.

Seasaltrio

Awards
*cracks his knuckles* okay folks! this one has been stewing in my head for a while...and its time to let it out.

how do you make a good make a memorable final boss battle. by making it as epic as you can get...and with a twist or two thrown in.

ah the recipe for the ultimate final boss showdown. we begin with one part vile villain of the nefarious variety.

4lc78kw0mi0z.png

Name: Emperor Sheev Palpatine (aka Darth Sidious)
World: Galaxy Far, Far Away
Party: Rey, Ben Solo (during Phase 1)
Music: Black Powder

of course i couldn't do Darth Vader boss battle without creating one for his master. but then we add a twist of surprise to this one.

we will be playing not as Sora but as Kairi. i wont go into any further detail as this could be something for a Kairi-centric title. but consider this boss battle as part of Kairi's own Mark of Mastery Exam.

Phase 1: Palpatine is still connected to his life support appartatus, but that doesn't make him any less dangerous.

Force Push: Palpatine sends out a burst, blasting the player across the area while dealing damage.

Force Lighting: Palpatine sends a quick bolt of lighting at the player.

Force Burst: Palpatine lets out a bellowing roar, similar to Force Push but does aoe damage.

Phase 2: after knocking about half his hp down, a cutscene triggers in which he drains Rey and Ben's energy, restoring his body. Ben get yeeted away and you're on your own against the fully charged Sith Lord. Music Change: Forze dell'Oscurita

Force Speed: *laughs manically* Palpatine zooms across the battlefield at high speed, striking the player randomly. the player can either counter or dodge it.

Debris Throw: "Behold the power of the Dark Side" Using the Force, Palpatine pulls chunks of debris from the background and throws it at the player. the debris varies from small rocks to huge boulders. dodging is required.

Sith Frenzy: "You are Nothing!" Palpatine will warp to the player and swipes at them like a madman. timing is very crucial if you don't want to take a lot of damage.

Force Storm: "Bear witness to my Power! The Power of the Sith!" Palpatine returns to his throne and rises his hands, sending multiple arcs of lighting into the air that strike the ground.

Shadows of the Sith: "Shades of the Sith long past, i summon you!" Palpatine summons shadow constructs of previous Sith Lords to attack the player. each has a small amount of hp but are annoy if not dealt with.

Phase 3: now we mix two parts surprise and alt boss battle.

Palpatine: Pathetic! you are nothing before the power of the dark side... 'summons a corridor of darkness behind Kairi.' BEGONE!!! 'blasts Kairi with a bolt of force lighting, sending her into the corridor as it close up.'

welp you got yeeted by an old sith prune and got send to the Realm of Darkness of all places. but before you could go back and give the geezer a good smack down. you got company....

Meet the great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-*gasps*great-great-great-great-grand daddy of all Darksides...

Darkside Prime

Appearance: A Darkside Heartless the size of a mountain with crimson markings all along its body.
HP: You don't want to know....

Party Members: N/A (you're on your own)
Bio: this thing isn't just a normal Darkside, this thing is the embodiment of the Sith and the darkness that they have created. In short, this is Palpatine's Heartless! its bigger than any heartless you've faced before.

Dark Punch: The Darkside punches the ground, causing a dark pool and mild shockwave to form. This attack gives birth to a small number of Pureblood Heartless

Dark Homing Swarm: Fires five barrages of twelve dark homing projectiles from the heart-shaped hole in its body, with the last barrage launching twenty projectiles.

Shockwave: Generates a shock wave by punching its left hand into the ground. Used immediately after Dark Sphere. Has a 50% chance to Stun the target for 5 seconds.

Dark Sphere: Produces a dark sphere from the ground and lets it loose in midair; this large sphere rains smaller spheres around itself and its opponent.

Demon Storm: Summons Demon tides that swarm the battlefield.

Light's End: final attack: after you knock its hp to near zero, Darkside Prime summons a massive orb of darkness and sends it at the player. you can use only button mash to just barely hold it back. after a few seconds, a cutscene triggers in which Kairi taps into the bonds of those her heart has connected. and from those bonds the player receives a miracle: the X-Blade itself!

Reaction Command: Light's Hope: Unleash the full power of the X-blade to convert the orb of darkness into an orb of light. Darkside Prime will summon other Darksides to try and suppress the light. pressing a trigger button will send out a shockwave through the orb, repelling the Darksides.

Final Phase: This is it folks, we're almost done. This one's for those who wanted to give Kairi her badass moment. and how does one give her a badass moment?

by making it like this....

start at 1:12

Kairi is back on Exegol, Rey is back up and deflecting Palpatine's Force Lighting. Except Kairi finds herself in a separate plane of existence as the Darkside Prime is looming menacingly behind Palpatine, drawing power from his darkness and emitting an aura that darkens the whole room. With the X-Blade in, Kairi declares that if Palpatine is the darkness, then she and Rey are the light that will burn away the dark. she then raises the X-Blade, releasing a burst of light that erases the dark aura around the room, startling the giant Heartless.

Event Battle: Kairi will start walking towards Rey, X-Blade in hand, head held high and feeling like the badass she is now and not giving a flying hoot. Darkside Prime will literally throw everything at you to show off its power.

Shades of the Sith: Darkside Prime will summon the ghost of the past Sith Lords to attack Kairi. using a well timed attack will cause Kairi to backhand slash the shades, causing the shades to dissolve into light. doing this will cause Darkside Primes's HP to drop.

Demon Tide: Sics a Demon Tide at Kairi. Triggering a reaction command will allow Kairi to fire a beam that repels the Demon Tide. pressing the triangle at the right moment will destroy the Demon Tide.

Pureblood Brethren: Summons other Pureblood Heartless to stop Kairi. one swipe from the X-blade nets an insta-kill against the heartless.

Dark Force Lighting: Fires a beam of red force lighting at Kairi from its right hand. Counter with the X-Blade to 'bleed' it into blue energy and send it back to deal damage.

As you continue to deal damage and move forward. Cracks begin to form on Darkside Prime's body as it starts to to show signs of panic. it repeats the previous attack at random, desperately trying to keep you away.

All of The Darkness: Once the player does enough damage, Darkside Prime begins to go mad, channeling every ounce of darkness in the area, devouring any remaining Heartless in the process, to create a beam from pure dark energy. to counter this, the player must use the final reaction command 'All of The Light' in which Kairi counters by firing a beam of pure light from the X-blade. Darkside Prime will summon Sith Shades to help strengthen its attack with force lightning. continue to button mash until you receive the prompt 'turn darkness into light' and then perform the button prompt to 'bleed' the darkness into light. of course all this is timed with Rey sending Palpatine's force lighting back into him. as the beam begins to push closer towards Darkside Prime, you get a button prompt which sends out a pulse of light, destroying the remaining Sith spirits and greatly damage Darkside Prime. A second prompt send out a second burst, causing Darkside Prime to lose its attack and get hit by the beam, which begins to dissolve its body. one final prompt lets Kairi fire one final burst of light. it strikes Darkside Prime, causing its body to be consumed in an orb of light which then explodes in a grand finish. and of course Darkside Prime defeat is timed perfectly with Palpatine's death as both perish in thier own respective explosions.

whew....was this hard to type out. now if you all excuse me, im going to lay down for half a day or two....
That is...super thorough...let me just recommenced an award for you.

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards
i got a quick question. do properties that weren't made by Disney but were acquired from other studios they bought count? apart from Star Wars and Marvel that is.

mainly, because i just came up with a new boss battle that's gonna blow my previous one out of the water and i wasn't sure it would break the rules of the thread.

Seasaltrio

Awards
i got a quick question. do properties that weren't made by Disney but were acquired from other studios they bought count? apart from Star Wars and Marvel that is.

mainly, because i just came up with a new boss battle that's gonna blow my previous one out of the water and i wasn't sure it would break the rules of the thread.
Probably. I mean, this is just a discussion, so if you think so, then yeah.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

Pixar was acquired and represented in KH3.

Awards

If Disney owns it, then it's fair game in my opinion.

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards
Would somebody design a Grievous boss battle for me, pweeze ♡

grievous-star-wars.gif
well if you insist.

Picture it: the scene is in Quadratum. after the player completes the Star Wars world, they unlock a secret sidequest via the TV. a breaking news bulletin reports of the city being attacked by what appears to be an army of droids. at first it looks like either an april fools joke or just some big publicity stunt, but the sudden explosions from outside quickly debunk that theory. Sora naturally rushes over to try and stop the attack. after doing some fancy footwork and reaction commands against the droids, a voice booms over the battlefield.

"Stand aside! I will deal with this vermin myself!"

the army moves away, creating a path for a lone, robed figure. at a distance it looked human, but as it got closer to Sora, it looked more like a mechanical monster unlike anything Sora ever faced before.

"What the heck are you?!"

"I should be saying the same thing of you. You are no Jedi...but you'll soon die like one!"

"Jedi?"

Before Sora could even ask a question, the figure removes his robe, revealing his cyborg body. he removes four lightsabers from his robe as it fell to the ground and then his arms splits into two pairs of limbs, each one holding a lightsaber.

"Attack boy, if you can!"

166-1660680_hd-star-wars-jedi-robot-png-download-star.png

Boss: General Grievous
HP: 66 bars (get it? Order 66?)
Party: (unknown)
Bio: A relic from a war long past, he is more machine than...whatever he was before. it is said that he kills Jedi for sport and takes their lightsabers as trophies. let's hope he doesn't try and collect your keyblade!
music: Vim and Vigor

well here we are, a secret boss fight with General Grievous of all people. while he doesn't have the same clout as Vader or Palpatine, but he's still just as dangerous. as for his fighting style, you pretty much know how he fights.

the following video is a means of reference to just what your sorry self will be up against.

he's faster than xemnas, but twice as deadly, just as ugly and an extra pair of limbs. he won't show any mercy, even on beginner difficulty.

Counter Combo: Greivous will counter your combo attacks with one of his own. you need to be fast to break his combo before he breaks yours.

Saber Spin: Spins his torso around like a top, deflecting any and all physical attacks.

Claw Grab: He grabs the player with his feet and either slams you into the ground or tosses you across the field.

Freeflow Chase: in a QTE, Grevious will chase Sora, forcing you to put your parkour abilities to the test as the cyborg chases you across the buildings.

Flying Stomp: Grevious will run up the nearest building and then jump downward, creating an aoe upon landing.

Reinforcements: "Enough of this!" after half his HP is gone, when Grevious says this he'll leap out of the battlefield and one of three things will happen:
  • Artillery Fire: "FIRE!!!" Grevious orders the AATs in the background to open fire, creating aoe damage over the battlefield.
  • Droid Swarm: "ATTACK!!!" Grevious will order his battle droid to swarm the battlefield and attack the player. the swarm consists of B1 Battle Droids, B2 Super Battle Droids and Droidekas
  • Bodyguard Blitz: "GET HIM!!!" Grevious sends out 3-5 MagnaGuards to attack Sora.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Because of "The Pixar Rule" a Pixar world isn't likely to directly adapt the plot of the film(s). This means even if said film had a viable bossfight, it's not likely to happen because said adversary's already been defeated. Therefore, Syndrome & Screenslaver are pretty much not happening. But that doesn't remotely rule out the options....

Bomb Voyage
MqXWocy.png

World: Municiberg (the sequel's city)
Film: The Incredibles 1
Party: Mr. Incredible & Elastagirl
Music: Rowdy Rumble

Voyage's appearance is based on how he's aged in the Boom Comics series. He is hired by Baron Von Ruthless (the monologuing guy Bob & Frozone reminiscence about) to blow up the Incredibles home, which "triggers" a mini-game to defuse a bunch of bombs before fighting him.

Attacks

Baguette Bash: Uses a stale baguette as a bat.

Sticky Grenade: Throws a small bomb that explodes a couple of seconds after impact. Will stick to whatever it touches.

Time Bomb: Places a mine on the ground that explode when Player or party get too close.

Summon Bomb heartless: He's got a bit of a theme.

Blast it All!: Spins in a circle, throwing bombs in every direction. These bombs explode on impact.

Has a Rope: Mimes using a lasso on Player/party member. Somehow this works & inflicts Bind status.

Trapped in a Box: Mimes being inside an invisible box. This shields him from al damage when he does something else.

Parting Gift: Bomb Voyage gets in his helicopter to retreat (he had one in the film's tie-in game). As he flies away, he drops a massive bomb that'll surely destroy the whole house. A Reaction Command will have Elstagirl catch it by expanding herself out like a sheet & Mr. Incredible throwing it back at Bomb Voyage, blowing up the copter & IDK, killing him I guess.

The Underminer & his Subterrane
xQhlMlb.png

32zHcWD.png

Loccation: Underground lair
Party: Violet & Dash

Underminer is hired by Von Ruthless to burrow an underground tunnel running through the city to an unknown destination. the burrowing is causing eartquakes in Municiberg, springing the heroes to action & tracking the mole man down. This starts another mini-game with SDG inside a forcefield bubble Violet creates that Dash super speeds through the tunnel, the player dodging rocks, collapsed pipes and other obstacles. The tunnel itself finished, Underminer retires to his lair where the party confronts him.

Attacks

Shovel Claw: Uses his mechanical fists for clawing attacks.

Jack-Hammer: Piston powered punching.

Dig up Rocks: Pulls a rock out of the ground & throws it.

Need Bigger Rock: Rips a large boulder out of a cavern wall & hurls it. Causes heavy damage & knockback.

Underground Ambush: Burrows underground (well, even further underground) & shoots out from underneath the Player's feet, striking with an uppercut.

Landmine: Thought we done with bombs? Functional the same as Voyage's timed bombs.

Summon Driller Mole heartless: He also has a theme or 2.

Escape Pod: Deploys a smaller drill vehicle to attack with. Faster than the big one & has its own HP bar (albeit short).

Subterrane: His last ditch plan when his HP is depleted. Gets in his main driller & drives towards the party. The drill fills the room & can't be dodged or directly damaged. Instead, Violet will contain it in a forcefield with help of assisting keyblade magic to boost her powers & then Dash does his drilling with super-speed pivoting to bury it in a lava pit. Which I guess also kills Underminer too. Wasn't intending to get this violent but here we are.

Omnidroid V.X9 piloted by Baron Von Ruthless
adIDkBK.png

1BoFP0A.png

Party: Whole family
Music: The Encounter

Right, this one requires some explanation. There were 3 on-screen Omnidroids in the 1st film: the V8 destroyed by Bob on the island, the V.X9 that overpowered him later, & the V.X10 that attacked Metroville. For those keeping score, V.X9 was never actually destroyed. These films are weird with their loose ends.

Anyway, The Underground tunnel leads all the way to Syndrome's island. There Ruthless finds V9 & modifies it, removing the AI core in favor of a cockpit for himself. He also installs his infamous death ray as a weapon. This incidentally removes the weakness that doomed V.X10, as Ruthless won't attack himself. The party & Incredibles will need a new game plan.

Attacks:

Death Ray: A continuous beam of light that does lots of damage it it connects & can even override Once More. It will follow the player if they try to evade but is somewhat slow in tracking them.

Laser Shot: The Omnidroid's original laser weapon. Weaker but fires quicker projectiles.

Large Claw: The V.X9's main attack is striking with its claws.

Grab & Smash: Grabs the player or party member & smashes them to the ground.

Rollout: Curls up into a ball & rolls around.

Buzzsaw: Spins its hands while marching towards the player.

Monologuing: Every so often Von Ruthless stops attacking to go on an inexplicable monologue. While he's doing this Jack-Jack shows up to help. The player can toss Jack-Jack to the Omnidroid, where he'll use his super sharp teeth to nibble the droid's body, weakening its structural integrity enough to now be susceptible to the party's attacks.

Last edited:

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
Monologuing: Every so often Von Ruthless stops attacking to go on an inexplicable monologue. While he's doing this Jack-Jack shows up to help. The player can toss Jack-Jack to the Omnidroid, where he'll use his super sharp teeth to nibble the droid's body, weakening its structural integrity enough to now be susceptible to the party's attacks.
😂😂😂

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Alright, time for Long John Silver!

aE2IWes.png

No, not that Long John Silver (Another time maybe)

qOA8CJk.png

No no no, not the John Cleese John Silver from The Muppet Show

hBgXUHX.png

Or Long Joel Silver (WhoTF even is that?)

& definitely not the restaurant but geez, how many different versions of LJS did the Muppets have?

tn1xWw8.png

This Long John Silver. The Tim Curry one.

5GTeAo6.png

Although it is mighty tempting to go with the muppet version of him but I shall pass on that. (for now)

But first,

OM5MYcl.png

Name: Blind Pew
World: Treasure Island
Party: None besides Muppet Donald & Muppet Goofy
Music: Rowdy Rumble (muffled)

Oh yeah BTW Sora is a muppet too. Some may say this is unnecessary given there are proper humans in the world, I say it is incredibly necessary!

Anyway, true to his name Blind Pew can't see a thing. But he's got the Daredevil thing going for him where his hearing is superb & he moves like a ninja when he hears a target. After the player's first few attempts at hitting him backfire, SDG huddle & whisper that they need to be stealthier. This changes the controls to a more stealth game style where the player is slowly tiptoeing towards Pew, being careful as to not knock over a mug or plate that would alert him. Even the background music quiets down for the remainder of the fight. The player can also setup booty traps for Pew to wander into such as precariously stacked barrels that'll over on him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One late night early into the Hispaniola's voyage, SDG & the rest of the crew are confronted by Muppet Maleficent & Muppet Pete.

2014-BeetoSee-Disneyland-Paris-Sleeping-Beauty-Maleficent-Hand-Puppet-008.jpg

(Eh, close enough)

Maleficent tries to sink the ship with a new heartless.

Name: Treasure Chestacean
Party: Captain Smollett (AKA Kermit)
Music: Desire for all That is Lost

Treasure Chestacean looks like a giant treasure chest with crab legs & pincers. Additionally as a secondary objective, the cutthroat crew are drawn to the boss, thinking it has real gold. This mean the player has to use RC to protect them, using fishing nets to trap them for a while. They'll eventually cut through with their swords & have to incapacitated again.

On the upside, Kermit's team-up move has him & Sora hopping high up & landing on the boss, momentarily shutting the chest closed & thus eliminiating its ability to use some of its attacks for a period of time.

Attacks:

-Claw Snap. Attacks with its pincers.

-Explosive Gems. Fires a volley of projectiles from inside the chest that explode when they land. Is disabled by Kermit's hop.

-Coin-lateral Damage. Shoots doubloons like bullets. Is disabled by Kermit's hop.

sJ29vGz.png
TO7gVRN.png

-Summon heartless. Spits up some of the treasure themed heartless of the world. Is disabled by Kermit's hop.

-Drop Sail. Cuts the ropes holding the sails up, making them fall on the party's heads.

-Crack the Shell. The boss' DM that it only uses when reduced to low HP. Climbs the side of the ship & attempts to bust open the hull in hopes of sinking it. No longer taking damage from regular attacks or magic, the player has a time limit to go below deck & use the cannons to blast the boss off the hull. Pirate heartless spawn to impede the player.

After the battle Maleficent decides to change plans & put SDG under a deep sleep. This conviently skips over the months of sailing & gets straight to the actual island when they wake up.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cRnI5VK.png

Name: Captain Long John Silver & Polly the Lobster
Party: Captain Smollett (Kermit) & Benjamina Gunn (Miss Piggy)

While the party had been fighting the preceding boss, Maleficent & Pete met with Silver & decide to join forces with him. The three hatch a new plan:
A. Put SDG to sleep for several months so they wouldn't interfere with Silver's mutiny.
B. Upon arriving at the island, turn the whole crew into heartless.
C. Pete uses some magic of his own to restore Silver's missing leg (because how else do you explain Pete's pegleg in DDD?)

Some BS is given as to why they didn't finish off SDG. Something about not wanting to raise suspicion among the crew with their disappearance. Naturally MATGSY will be pointing out in the Nitpick thread 'bout how SDG sleeping for over a month is still pretty damn suspicious as well as that there's no reason for them wait until reaching the island to replace the crew with heartless when they could just do it immediately but alas his excessive bitching will fall on deaf ears.

In any event, Sora wakes up in time to save himself & the important characters from getting heartlessfied. After exploring the island, fighting heartless & meeting up with Miss Piggy, they finally track down Silver as he & the heartless are loading up the treasure on to the ship.

If it wasn't already obvious why I broke canon to give Silver a new leg, it's so he would be nimble enough to put up a decent fight. He is flanked by Ogre Pirates, tall heartless based on Sweetums. Because Sora is a muppet, he's a bit weaker canonically than in human form, making Silver proportionally stronger than when Sora fought Hook or Barbosa.

Attacks:

-Dueling Blade. Attacks with his rapier. Can deflect aggressive attacks with his weapon, best to either let him strike first & counterattack or attack him from behind.

-Akimbo Flintlocks. Fires his 2 pistols. Sometimes it'll be 2 different party members, sometimes fires both guns at one for extra damage.

-Polly Ambush. Polly jumps from Silver's shoulder towards a party member, latching on to them & hitting with his claws. An RC is needed to throw him back to Silver.

-Ogre Punch. The Ogre Pirates' main attack.

-Big Teethums. The Ogre Pirates' chomping attack.

-Upstage. Is carried on the shoulders of 2 ogre pirates who swat away any attempts to attack him. Requires Miss Piggy team-up move (Pork Chop) to karate chop them hard enough they drop Silver.

-Boiling with Rage. Uses the Swedish Chef's boiling pot as a new weapon (he was the ship's cook after all). Heats it up, causing blasts of boiling water to shoot out.

-Lu Au. The Ogre Pirates grab Kermit & Piggy & shove them into the pot. Player has 10 seconds to get them out before they cook to death.

Last edited:
Back