• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Depths of the Dark

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

rhyth

Kingdom Hearts:
Depths of the Dark

Sora
reconnects the missing pieces

[B][FONT=Times New Roman]Worlds I'm using[/FONT][/B]

[FONT=Times New Roman][U]Regimes of Light[/U]:
Destiny Islands
Midnight River
Radiant Garden
Valley of Diedra

[U]Disney Worlds[/U]:
[/FONT] [FONT=Times New Roman]Disney Town[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]Neverland[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]Wonderland[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]Olympus Coliseum[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]Enchanted Dominion[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]Castle of Dreams[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]City of Miracles[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]Bluebell Town[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]Beast's Castle[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]Atlantis (NOT Atlantica)[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]The New World[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][U]Dominions of the Inbetween[/U]:[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]Twilight Town[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]Mysterious Tower[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]Traverse Town[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]Castle Oblivion[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]Keyblade Graveyard[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][U]Realm of Darkness[/U]:[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]The Dark Margin[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]Cavers of Darkness[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]Bald Mountain[/FONT]

[Chapter Links]
So you don't have to look for em yourself

epic fic. Hope you guys have a long attention spann!

rhyth

Prologue: Night of Fate

Reprieve
"Am I just a remnant of nothingness? A particle of oblivion. A mistake created from a mistake. Does my existance make sense in the world? Do I belong? Is this what it feels like? Sorrow, guilt, rage, disgust. Emotions from an empty soul who has not redeemed. Stripped from the privilege of a heart.

One second. He felt the torrent of his soul being sucked out his body. He felt his life stream through his fingertips, yet was unable to grasp it. Gloved fingers clasped to the murder's wrist as a fruitless attempt to save himself. His vision darkened as his ability to breathe dwindled. He glared at his traitor with a fake rage. His face scrunched with the last of his ability until he felt his body move no longer; until he saw nothing. Allies, enemies, friends. None of it mattered when you're on the verge of fading. He contemplated with his last moments. Allies? Friends? Enemies? He wasn't sure if he ever had these things. Those he was associated with were not allies, friends, nor even enemies. They were nothings, roped together by the very essence of nothing. They worked at a mutual goal, goals yet underachieved. Plans and dreams ruined by the boy with the key.

One Second. The void darkness yielded to the pattering of cold rain coming from above. He felt a cold surface under his back. He realized his sprawled position on the ground. He felt his eyes opening against the rain. He felt his fingers tingling. Sensations pricked at his every nerve as an emotional inundation overwhelmed him. A rhythmic drum beat pounded in his ears. What was happening? He wondered at all the peculiarities that he was experiences at that moment. Is this body malfunctioning? Why did I not fade? He had no theory, no hypothesis. Logic escaped him.

His eyes soon cleared as he shielded them from the precipitation. The setting before him was a dark alley. Water accumulated on the paved road. A crescent moon glistened in the starry sky. The skyline of peaceful buildings lay against it. It reminded him of his home long ago, where a flourishing city would welcome the night sky. A pain welled inside his torso at the memory. He clutched at it with anxiety. He lifted himself up and absorbed his surroundings as he recalled all his past memories, but nothing could explain why he landed in this unfamiliar place.

A warping sound resonated from behind him. A thing inside his chest jumped at the familiarity of the sound. He spun cautiously. He saw simple white beings twitch and morph in front of him. He breathed a sigh of relief. “And here I though you things were someone else.” He murmured. He made a swiping movement with his hand and awaited the result.

To his surprise, nothing happened. He furrowed his eyebrows. He tried again, but with the same results. “Vanish! I command you!" He called to the white beings. No response. Its leader inched forward eerily, causing him to step back. Inch after inch until the white beings stopped completely and began to twitched wildly. He tilted his head slightly to the side.

“What-!“ He felt a stabbing pain as the white being lunged at him and stroked his chest and face with its long limbs. He flew into the air and managed to land back on his feet messily. “What are you things doing!? I command you to vanish.” He lifted his hand the scratch on face. That white being had missed his eye only by a few centimeters.

The swarm of white beings began to fly towards him. His eyes widened defenselessly. He had no choice but to stagger backwards and run for his life. The white beings continued to follow him as he breathlessly sprinted down the maze-like back alleys. The sounds of their movement on the building walls and pavement irked him as they continued to be faster paced.

He twisted into a building where stairs draped along the walls. He hadn’t had time to look back at the white beings. He sprinted up the stairs with all the strength that he can gather. The phantom drumming sounds in his ears grew louder and louder until that was all he can hear. The little monster in his chest grew wild. The dark walls around him rushed passed him while he ran like the wind up the staircase. He felt fear and exhilaration as he flew through the door at the end of it. He anxiously looked around, spinning in every direction and saw where he was. The roof. The dead end. Nowhere else to go except down. He approached the edge and teetered against it. Looking down, the ground seemed light years away. Just staring felt like he was falling. He felt like regurgitating. He was reminded of his fear of heights. He took the time to relish the few last second he had for himself. The air was sweet, and smelled just like his home. The light of the moon glistened in the majestic river that cut through the city. A tall castle stood out and pierced the sky. Just like home. His chest tightened as he remembered the one he betrayed, the one who took him in his time of need. The one he turned his back to and banished to the realm of nothing.

The flurry of white emerged through the doorway behind him. They approached like lightning, yet he merely breathed deeply and smiled a little. Like an overused cliché, his life flashed through his mind like a movie. His victories, his mistakes, the things he did wrong and those he disappointed. He grabbed at his chest. His eye watered. The white being charged at him. A sweet tear rolled down his cheek as he plunged to the abyss of death.

“Lies... all lies.” He whispered to himself against the sound of turbulent wind. He shut his eyes as he wallowed in remorse. The drumbeat in his ear seemed to overcome the rushing of the icy wind in his ear. What an amazing way to die, he thought. He prepared himself for the inevitable impact until...

He slightly opened his eyes and a flash of metal as well as the body of a lady seemed to rush up past him and obliterated the white beings until they disappeared in a black smoke. He merely caught a glimpse of her blue crystal eyes. He wasn't sure of what just occurred in that millisecond. It was all a blur to him. He felt the girl tug at his arm as he nearly reached the ground, and swung him until he skidded along the paved floor on his feet. Once the momentum had ended, his knees weakened and gave in to exhaustion and collapsed on the cold, wet ground. The girl on the other hand landed gracefully, with her blade in her hand. She was dressed in a long black hood to protect her from the rain. She slowly approached him.

The boy breathed heavily as he used his last few ounces of energy to stare in the face of his savior. Her cerulean eyes twinkled. While he withdrew from consciousness, he had realized that the rhythmic drum beats were nothing but his heart.

Reascend.

Rain is a cycle. It falls from the Sky. It lands on the Earth. It drains to the Sea only to be taken by the Sky once again. Rain is like tears, only representing the sorrows of humans. It’s simple. If it does not belong to the Sky, Earth, or Sea, Maybe it doesn’t belong at all.”

She walked down the deserted streets that have been her home for 10 years. The rain fell relentlessly on the city that night. She was restless that night. The magic of the rain often cleared her confused or troubled mind. She stepped over the pools of rain water on the brick paved streets. Her head relayed and contemplated the events that had just occurred.

Earlier....

Her eyes drifted to sleep only to be awakened once again. The world around her had changed. It was no longer a cozy amber-lit room. A cloudy darkness enveloped the familiar, brilliant, and circular stain glass surface that she sees every time she falls into her slumber. The circular surface was filled with radiant colors of blue white and burgundy. The surface projected images of her hometown, her family, and the things she held closest to her heart. This was a world all too familiar. This was a world of her own. This was her heart.

She stood in the middle of it all and stared as an orb of light drifted slowly to her. She held out her hand and the light orb hovered over her palm. "Hello again." she said softly.

A voice omitted from the small orb. "Your heart has worked hard. I congratulate you. Maybe it is about time to be able to use the Keyblade in your real world and live to lessen the torment of those who shall be awakened from their sleep."

It was then that sparkles of light danced around her fingers and took shape of her Keyblade. She held and look at it. The symbol of a raindrop dangled on it. The intricate Keyblade looks delicate and ornate, and she had trained with this blade for 5 years within her heart. She knew it's capabilities.

The orb of light in her hand burst in million of tiny specks. They reformed in front of her in the shape of a body. The body was that of a human. The person was merely a diaphanous silhouette.
She bowed. "Master." she greeted with reverence.

Master smiled softly. A moment of stillness, then the two lunged at each other in combat...

The castle in the distance looked beautiful that tonight. She was grateful for the relatively peaceful life she had. She could look up at the stars without torment or pain. She could admire the beautiful things in life without worrying. Guiltiness had overcome her. She was gifted with the powers of the Keyblade. Stories and tales that her Master would tell her only made her own uselessness prominent.

She could hear the banging of a door being opened in the tall tower above her. She looked up startled with curiosity. Her eyes shot open when she realized that it was a person teetering on the edge of tall roof. Her focused her eyes and saw a legion of white beings stream behind him. She exclaimed in disbelief as she saw him take a dive and stood nearly frozen as the body of the boy began falling. She flexed her hand and summoned her Keyblade. She levitated it with her fingers as she took off on a full sprint towards the base of the building, bent her legs, and sprung up with all her strength. She shot up vertically like a bullet against the rain and shot past the plummeting boy. She sent her Keyblade flying through the sky and clouted the white beings with perfect precision and it boomeranged back towards the ground. She then twisted her body backwards and ricocheted against the building and shot down. She took the boy's arm and threw him horizontally to the ground just a few moments before impact. She felt satisfied as she saw him skid safely on the ground. She watched him as he fell to his knees from exhaustion she assumed. She picked up her Keyblade and walked him. She looked down to him.

He looked up at her for only a brief moment. His azure eyes rolled to the back of his head and he fell over unconcious. She vanquished her Keyblade and came to his aid. She lifted him from the ground and swung his arm over her shoulder. She struggled as she made the walk back home whole holding up the mysterious unconscious boy, who looked about as old as she was, maybe a little older. He was mysterious, for she had never seen him before. This town rarely got visitors. She approached the house of where she resided. The two were drenched in rain when they arrived at the front door. She banged on it impatiently. It was not only very wet, but also very cold.

The door was opened by Rinoa. Rinoa murmured a soft "Oh no." at the very sight of the two.
"Hurry, it's extremely cold out here you know." the drenched girl urged. Rinoa quickly assisted her and brought the mysterious boy into the house. She shut the door behind them.

Redeem.

She patiently sat at the writing desk in the room. The room was hardly lit except for a few candles that colored the room warm gold. She wrote in her journal of everything that had happened. The mysterious boy was lying on the bed across the small room. He was restless as he slept, as if nightmares have been invading his dreams. She kept tabs on him with her peripheral vision and wondered to herself where he came from. She wrote down every detail into her journal, which has become somewhat of a habit of hers. Within it were pages and pages of encounters with her master and everything she had learned from her slumbers. Every night whenever she drifted to sleep, she would feel herself drift into the world of the stain glass pillars that she considered as her heart. She was more in tuned with her heart than anyone.

His mind was racing as his dreams shuffled through images of men in white coats. He grimaced at the inhumane experiments that stained his past life. He also dreamed of his hometown. He had now just realized how much he truly missed it as well as how much he missed his family. He tossed and turned in his sleep until he awoke with a gasp. Once he cleared his head and discovered the reality that he was only dreaming, he realized he was breathing heavily and then realized where he was. A single bandage was wrapped around his head covering his eye were the slash was near. The bed beneath him felt like the most comfortable bed he had laid on for years. He hardly took notice of the fact that his upper body was exposed and that his pants were replaced with pajama pants. The room smelled like sweet vanilla. The girl who had saved him was there. She seemed absorbed as she wrote in her journal.

He saw something scurry to his bed side. It was a small creature. It slightly resembled a ferret yet had large triangular ears and a dark red upside down triangle under its large pink eyes. Its tail was moderately long with a small sharp purple end. Its fur was a light caramel. It was rather …cute.

“Her name’s Elegy.” She said softly.

She looked up slightly from her journal. The boy looked at her, and said nothing else other than “What world is this?”

The girl’s eyes drifted back to her page and began writing once again. “Midnight River.”She answered softly. She observed him with the corners of her eyes. “Do you remember how you got here?”

His hand slowly rose to his face. He head began hurting as he attempted to reminisce. The torrent of memories began breaking him down until all he can say is “Why?” He spoke through clenched teeth. “Why did you save me?”

The girl stopped writing for a split second. “Hmmm.” She gave herself a second to think about her answer. “I don’t know. Maybe I was just in the mood for doing something heroic for once.” She answered nonchalantly. “Why? Did you not want to be saved?” She countered.

“Saving this fake life wasn’t worth it.” The boy said unusually bitterly. “You wasted your time, using your precious Keyblade to protect me-“
The girl lifted her head in flash as she heard what he just said. She summoned her Keyblade for the second time. Her Keyblade was colored a silvery gray with peridot green accents. “You know what this is?” She questioned him.

“A Keyblade. I’ve encountered people like you.” The boy told her. “That’s why you shouldn’t have saved me…”

“People like me?” The girl was now facing him. “Other Keyblade wielders?” She knew she was probably not the only one who had the ability to wield a Keyblade. She still had so many questions about the Keyblade, that no one could answer her directly, not even master. She didn’t know what to do with it. There was a burning guilt inside of her that felt as if she had a greater purpose in life. She felt as if every second of her life was being wasted when she could be doing something great.

The boy looked away from her as his mind replayed images of Sora, Riku, and even Roxas. The girl looked at him hopefully. “Please tell me what you know.” She pleaded. “I have this,” She held out her Keyblade, “but… I really don’t know what I have to do with it.” She admitted with discomfiture.

“I’m not very familiar with them…” The boy pondered. He supposed that he owed her something. “From my limited knowledge, Keyblade wielders had the ability to slay the Heartless. Manifestations of the darkness in people’s hearts, and had the ability to release those hearts. Keybladers had the ability to unlock hearts. They’re full potential is unknown to me.”

The girl vaguely understood what he was saying. “Heartlesses. Were they the ones that were after you on the rooftop?”

The boy shook his head. “They were beings called nobodies. When one yields to the darkness in their heart, the heart inevitably transforms into a heartless. The empty shell of a body and soul are left behind, and begins to live on its own. Those are nobodies. They are creatures without hearts or emotions. They are creatures that were never meant to exist.” It felt as if a depressing mixture rage and wretchedness began welling inside of him. “I am one.” He uttered with regret.

The girl smiled and chuckled slightly. “You’re telling me you don’t have a heart.” The girl said doubtfully. “I don’t believe you.”

“You don’t know me.” The boy said rather venomously. “You don’t know the heartless things I’ve done. I betrayed my family, my world. I’ve stripped away the hearts of people. I manipulated Keyblade wielders like you and played cruel games with them. Nobodies like us don’t have hearts. Us nobodies would even betray each other. That’s how I was killed. Us nobodies kill people.” The boy shook as he spoke. He became angrier and angrier with every word until he felt like he wanted to scream, but he wasn’t angry at her. He was angry at himself. “That’s why you should have left me to die, because I don’t deserve to live. “

The girl breathed slowly and looked at him with soft eyes. He felt his eyes stare back at hers. “You’re right.” She almost sighed. “I don’t know you. I don’t know the things you did. I don’t know the things you went through. I don’t know why you think that you don’t deserve to live. You say you manipulated people like me,” She took a breath. “But that doesn’t matter.” She stood up from her seat. The boy’s eyes followed her as she did so. “I don’t know if you know this or not, but you do have a heart. I can feel it beating.” She began stepping towards the door. “Whatever happened in the past is over with.” The boy absorbed every single one of her words. He pressed his hand against his hearts. He felt it beat.

The boy didn’t have any words left to spare. He looked down and avoided her eye contact. The girl reach for the door and began opening it slightly.

“I’m Rainie.” The girl said as she stood by the half opened door. “And you?” she prompted.

The boy looked up at her. “Ze-“ He stopped himself. “-xion. That isn’t my name anymore.” He thought to himself. He started over with a small smile. “No…call me Ienzo.”

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
Wow, awesome prologue! I'm very interested. I'm also impressed with how many worlds you plan to include in this. How long are you planning on making this story? And what world is the City of Miracles?

Anyway, the story seems really cool so far, and Rainie seems like an interesting character. I'm curious who her master is. Mickey, perhaps?

The only complaint I have is that there were a couple typos (which is pretty much inevitable with chapters this long). Do you have any beta readers?

rhyth

Wow, awesome prologue! I'm very interested. I'm also impressed with how many worlds you plan to include in this. How long are you planning on making this story? And what world is the City of Miracles?

Anyway, the story seems really cool so far, and Rainie seems like an interesting character. I'm curious who her master is. Mickey, perhaps?

The only complaint I have is that there were a couple typos (which is pretty much inevitable with chapters this long). Do you have any beta readers?

Thanks for readingg :) I'm surprise that some actually read it xD

Haha I'm planning on it being pretty long, but not unbearably long. I guess it'll depends on how impatient I am to get to the main points. Several worlds might get cut depending if they're that important to the story ^_^ City of Miracles is Notre Dame, since apparently a Hunchback of Notre Dame world is pretty popular.

Haha who her master is top secret! ;)

And no, I don't have any beta readers. Usually, i proofread it myself, but I got little lazy proofreading this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back