• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Depression

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Could depression cause someone to do something reckless, potentially to the point of ending its life? I've also heard that if the depression is severe enough that it could someone to hallucinate. Is that true?

Last edited:

Muke

whatever
Awards
Could depression cause someone to do something reckless, potentially to the point of ending its life? I've also heard that if the depression is severe enough that it could someone to hallucinate. Is that true?
Point 1), yes it can

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
It kind of depends on your interpretation of "hallucinations"; but yeah, sure. There's a lot to depression most people don't know.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards

Well typically severely depress people won't look at losing their life as a real bad risk like it will to a "normal" person. Their attitude will probably be it won't be the worst case if I do die which is truly awful but is what is is.

Not sure about hallucination, probably is another mental illness being in effect.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
It kind of depends on your interpretation of "hallucinations"; but yeah, sure. There's a lot to depression most people don't know.

My hallucinations are mostly visual.

Well typically severely depress people won't look at losing their life as a real bad risk like it will to a "normal" person. Their attitude will probably be it won't be the worst case if I do die which is truly awful but is what is is.

Not sure about hallucination, probably is another mental illness being in effect.

I am not even sure why my life counts, because everyone and the world will just go on even if I am dead. So, why do I even bother staking my resolve to continue on living when those that I really care for like my cat and my mentor will just die or go away? Why am I so scared of dying even though I talk and think about it nearly 24/7? Why not just do it? Will anyone even miss me? Won't they just move?

I don't want to die! I worry about doing something reckless like I have in the past.

Last edited:

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
My hallucinations are mostly visual.

I am not even sure why my life counts, because everyone and the world will just go on even if I am dead. So, why do I even bother staking my resolve to continue on living when those that I really care for like my cat and my mentor will just die or go away? Why am I so scared of dying even though I talk and think about it nearly 24/7? Why not just do it? Will anyone even miss me? Won't they just move?

I don't want to die! I worry about doing something reckless like I have in the past.

Are you getting help for this DD? Those are obviously some terrible thoughts to have of course your life matters. If it helps I'll suggest getting a pet or even a plant to take care of. That will help you with the lonely feeling.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Are you getting help for this DD? Those are obviously some terrible thoughts to have of course your life matters. If it helps I'll suggest getting a pet or even a plant to take care of. That will help you with the lonely feeling.

I pretty much got tossed aside by my counselor that I was constantly seeing. I really trusted her, she pretty much announced that she was leaving in front of me and everyone, instead of taking me aside and telling me in secret. She didn't even have anyone to take over. I do have a behavior therapist, but I am not especially close to her. I do have a cat and a plant, which I both take care of. Though I do worry about how I will be when my cat dies. I think I should have made it clear that I have a cat. But, yeah, I might need more help with my depression and my other problems.

Plus, my mood often shifts a lot. I have medication for it.

Last edited:

DronFee1

2 years ago I used to be very anxious and I've got a very big depression because my grandmother died. She was for me like a mother, and I was very sad. I went to a therapist for some sessions and that's how I overcome my problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back