• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dengeki: Nomura discusses OST, MOM, Kingdom Hearts going on break

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I didn't really expect anything for KH in 2021, with the possible exception of the inevitable series re-release on PS5 (including the Re:Mind comment on disc). I planned to wait until at least next Fall to get the PS5 anyway, since the systems always have a few bugs they need to iron out when they're first released; hopefully it'll drop to $400 or less at some point in the next year or two. Probably the first game I'll need it for will be FFXVI. It'd be great if XVI surprised and came out in 2021, but I would never expect it that early.

2 quid is good

Awards
To me, no. It’s par for the course with Kingdom Hearts, but on Twitter there has been a lot of moaning about it.
Every day I become more convinced that the KH fanbase on twitter consists of far newer fans than other places on the Internet. Nothing wrong inherently with that of course but it makes for interesting observations of the different trends present there and here

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Also surprised that Nomura is still taking a strong no DLC stance, figured things might change once the games been released.

He'd have to negotiate with IndiesZero to finalise that and he already has his work cut out for himself as is.

Every day I become more convinced that the KH fanbase on twitter consists of far newer fans than other places on the Internet. Nothing wrong inherently with that of course but it makes for interesting observations of the different trends present there and here

Twitter is a virtual sneeze, people unwillingly catch content through other peoples likes and comments. It's why brands market most often on Twitter.

AegisXIII

Awards
In two years, the fanbase will be different. New people getting ps5 that are waiting to join the cult of Nomura.

AegisXIII

Awards
They have it so easy. If we ignore the X games, they have the whole franchise under the roof of one system.
Back in our time, we had to work all summer to buy a game boy advance, a nintendo DS, a PSP, a Nintendo 3DS.
Kids these days. They know nothing of true dedication towards a franchise.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
We still have the KH3 manga which will be regularly releasing throughout the year.

(inb4 I’m the only person here who cares about the manga...)

The manga is great! Now if only they could publish Vol 2 so we can finally get it in the west sometime at the end of next year xD

NoWay

Awards
Back in our time, we had to work all summer to buy a game boy advance, a nintendo DS, a PSP, a Nintendo 3DS.
Kids these days. They know nothing of true dedication towards a franchise.

I wasn’t even able to play BBS till 2015 when I first got a PS3 and 1.5 & later 2.5..

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
The manga is great! Now if only they could publish Vol 2 so we can finally get it in the west sometime at the end of next year xD
Personally I am waiting for the manga to appear on the European Comixology. Honestly even if there's no KH games announced or releasing next year there's still plenty of KH keep my attention and to drain my bank account.

NoWay

Awards
And how did it feel playing it for the first time?
My first walkthrough was on critical mode. I literally thought “what could possibly go wrong? You’ve also played KH1 and 2 on critical mode”... And I hadn’t had quite understood how the command melding worked which wasn’t a big problem until I met Vanitas and Terranort. :LOL: I really had a hard time but I loved BBS especially everything that happened during KG as well as the Final and Secret Episode.
Nowadays I unfortunately feel like BBS didn’t age quite well although I love playing Aqua’s scenarios. I miss ReMind’s fast combat.

AegisXIII

Awards
My first walkthrough was on critical mode. I literally thought “what could possibly go wrong? You’ve also played KH1 and 2 on critical mode”... And I hadn’t had quite understood how the command melding worked which wasn’t a big problem until I met Vanitas and Terranort. :LOL: I really had a hard time but I loved BBS especially everything that happened during KG as well as the Final and Secret Episode.
Nowadays I unfortunately feel like BBS didn’t age quite well although I love playing Aqua’s scenarios. I miss ReMind’s fast combat.
Yes I agree. Of all the games, bbs feels the most outdated. And I think it mostly come to the fact that polygons are reduced and menus do not feel hd.

GreyouTT

Awards
I also played BbS for the first time on the PS3, for me it felt like a downgrade from Re:Coded when it came to everything related to commands and abilities. It was like "Why do I have to find a recipe item to know what melding makes?", compared to Re:Coded which tells you what the melding will make right from the get go. Plus while I didn't mind how abilities worked at the start, by the end I was wondering why they made it complicated and unclear what I get from melding. Again, compared to Re:Coded where abilities are unlocked through progression on the Stat Matrix and are clearly labelled.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I also played BbS for the first time on the PS3, for me it felt like a downgrade from Re:Coded when it came to everything related to commands and abilities. It was like "Why do I have to find a recipe item to know what melding makes?", compared to Re:Coded which tells you what the melding will make right from the get go. Plus while I didn't mind how abilities worked at the start, by the end I was wondering why they made it complicated and unclear what I get from melding. Again, compared to Re:Coded where abilities are unlocked through progression on the Stat Matrix and are clearly labelled.

BBS was the predecessor to Re:coded’s command deck, so it benefitted from the lessons learned from that game. It sucks when you play things out of order so to speak, because you realize just how rough the previous game was.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
We still have the KH3 manga which will be regularly releasing throughout the year.

(inb4 I’m the only person here who cares about the manga...)
The KH Manga franchise is like my favorite part of the franchise. Can't wait to see their take on KH3 with it's ongoing releases.

LOL, that sounds like my first playthrough of BBS. I started on Critical Mode too, thinking it wouldn't be so bad. Oh to be young again. Did you start with Aqua too?

kingofgame981

Awards
I didn't really expect anything for KH in 2021, with the possible exception of the inevitable series re-release on PS5 (including the Re:Mind comment on disc). I planned to wait until at least next Fall to get the PS5 anyway, since the systems always have a few bugs they need to iron out when they're first released; hopefully it'll drop to $400 or less at some point in the next year or two. Probably the first game I'll need it for will be FFXVI. It'd be great if XVI surprised and came out in 2021, but I would never expect it that early.
I agree. Being able to endure with the long await of KH3 released day back then has made me less focusing on each day for news (compare to when the trio 358/2 Days, BBS and coded being announced. I miss those days of joyful and flood of news)

Violet Pluto

Awards
Where's the Parasite Eve Remake, Nomura
I'm waiting
Seeing how Square treated the series after T̴̲̹̭̖́̕h̵͓̥̹̔̃̈́͝ȉ̸̻̞̋̑͐r̶͓̠̻̮̉d̴̨̳́́͒ ̶̢͚̥͍̋B̴̡̦̦̌̄̀͠i̶̟͙͗r̶͉͖͒͑t̴̨̙̾̽ḩ̶̹̹̆d̸͕̈́a̸̝͈̮̔y̷͓͍̺̍̃͌ I don't think that's too likely right now.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Seeing how Square treated the series after T̴̲̹̭̖́̕h̵͓̥̹̔̃̈́͝ȉ̸̻̞̋̑͐r̶͓̠̻̮̉d̴̨̳́́͒ ̶̢͚̥͍̋B̴̡̦̦̌̄̀͠i̶̟͙͗r̶͉͖͒͑t̴̨̙̾̽ḩ̶̹̹̆d̸͕̈́a̸̝͈̮̔y̷͓͍̺̍̃͌ I don't think that's too likely right now.

Tabata is gone so perhaps PE has hope now.

Back