• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dengeki: Nomura discusses OST, MOM, Kingdom Hearts going on break

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Kinda weird reason to omit the Vita. Like they could've just ported 1.5 & 2.5 if nothing else. Of course I say literally the same thing about Switch. :cautious:

I recall an interview from around 2012 where nomura said he wasn't interested in the vita.

Cumguardian69

Awards
No, lets not deal with 3 anymore...the ship has sailed years ago. Look to the future of KH, we just finished MoM and KHDR is going to be years of fresh content with a well paced, badass story that tells of the Dark Seeker's plight with the realm of light. And our good boy Sora will need rescuing in 2022 with KH: Unreality's release

GreyouTT

Awards
There were no releases for the PS3 or Vita, but Nomura did have a vague idea about it. He was working on Final Fantasy Versus XIII, though, so nothing was ever really considered. Vita had high specs for a handheld console, so it was believed that it would be better to focus on a stationary console instead.

Yeah that figures. Makes me think we really might have gotten a PS3 game had Versus not taken so long.

Nomura learned from overseas staff that Shimomura is called "goddess" and he is called "papa" by fans.

THE JIG IS UP

ajrSZ.gif

Honestly I don't have a problem with a drought of news. The plot is in a good place, we still have UX/DR plot, and honestly the yearly releases was getting exhausting. I'll be excited to see what they have to show in 2022 and after they've taken their time with the next game. Plus we don't have to worry about engine shenanigans taking up a bunch of development and they can focus on the things we care about.

Last edited:

horto12485

Awards
Darn now Kingdom Hearts is taking a Break for 2021 and now we have to wait until 2022 for the next Kingdom Hearts Entry well everyone we're going to have to use our Brains and Thinking for what Great Ideas for the Next Kingdom Hearts Games (Storylines, Development for Characters and Disney Worlds for the Next Saga)

Katsagu

Awards
I mean, if next year has Nier, BD2 and possibly FF XVI and now TWEWY 2, I'm fine with KH taking a break, SE already has a good output for me.

I'll miss KH hype though 🥺

Nomura didn't want to have to add songs after the release through DLC so he asked that they could fit as many songs in as possible

WELL THEY DIDN'T ADD ENOUGH KH3 SONGS!!!!

giphy.gif

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
So no new KH game next year, that's fine I guess. Even if they ruled out a song DLC for MoM from the start I still wished they were more party customization options to unlock instead.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I'm actually pretty fine with these news.

The whole modus operandi of releasing a KH game every year was somewhat stressful in multiple ways and I dare say it didn't do the overall quality much good.

Taking a break and possibly reassess everything related to the franchise in a more peaceful way might actually do wonders to whatever will come about in 2022 when the anniversary is nigh.

Not to mention there being still Dark Road and (at least for now) UX being around and considering the snail's pace of actual important updates arriving might actually fill the majority of 2021 with some smaller stuff.
2020 is as good as over anyways with only 1 1/2 months remaining.

okhi12

Awards
I'm glad they take a break. There's already several games in development I'm interested in for the PS5 but I don't want to buy the console in 1-2 years at the very least. A next gen KH game being announced too soon would make me want to buy one on impulse, only KH has that power over me. I'll also wait for a price drop next year before I get MoM, that will be enough to feed my KH hunger in 2021 anyway. That, UX/DR story updates and I still have to replay KH3 to get the PRO codes trophies.
They can take ther time to make sure the next KH game is as good as it can possibly be without having such a long developing time as KH3 did.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I'll miss KH hype though 🥺
Just think of all they hype it'll get after such a break. The KH community will explode when we get a 2022 trailer.

I'm glad they take a break. There's already several games in development I'm interested in for the PS5 but I don't want to buy the console in 1-2 years at the very least. A next gen KH game being announced too soon would make me want to buy one on impulse, only KH has that power over me. I'll also wait for a price drop next year before I get MoM, that will be enough to feed my KH hunger in 2021 anyway. That, UX/DR story updates and I still have to replay KH3 to get the PRO codes trophies.
They can take ther time to make sure the next KH game is as good as it can possibly be without having such a long developing time as KH3 did.
Same. While I have many games on it now besides KH ones, I bought my PS4 mainly for KH3. I was that invested and KH is just that powerful. Trophy hunting during this time sounds good.

redcrown

Awards
I just hope whatever game might come out around 2022 will be available on the PS4. I like to wait a good 4+plus years before buying a new console since I'm a poor gamer, and more games would have come out on it to justify buying it for $300 or under.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
The games that came out during their 'get-one-out-every-year-dad-gummit' phase were obviously rushed and contributed more and more to the worst design mistakes in the franchise. The command deck seemed like a band-aid for an undercooked system in and of itself-- Yeah, combos feel icky, barely any exploration, enemies don't seem to be reacting to much of anything and have no coded patterns... But look at all the sick shit you can do with commands! Thunder Surge! Fire Dash! This is variety!!

They very well may be going right into KH4, so if we see nothing for a long time, that's only a good thing. The hope is still alive for the next big KH game to be the best in the series.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I expect all of you to get the MoM platinum during this year off 😘

Back