• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Dengeki KHMOM interview translated, Nomura says he will announce "something good" in 2022

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
So there's still hope for 1.5+2.5 on Switch?
*laughs*

Didn't they do an All-In-One package already? This doesn't have ReMIND. I'm hoping that if they do one for PS5, they call it "Kingdom Hearts: reCOMPLETE" rather than "Kingdom Hearts: reAll In One Package", and also include ReMIND.
I LOVE Re:Complete! <3

NoWay

Awards
Kingdom Hearts 3.5 - Re:Buy everything you’ve already bought 4 times but now it’s on the PS5 / 2 days of Birth by Sleep recoded in 3D

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
Didn't they do an All-In-One package already? This doesn't have ReMIND. I'm hoping that if they do one for PS5, they call it "Kingdom Hearts: reCOMPLETE" rather than "Kingdom Hearts: reAll In One Package", and also include ReMIND.

1. Yeah, that's what I meant, one with Re:Mind included (just to complete the Xehanort Saga)
2. I WOULD LOVE THAT NAME

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com

If they do something like this, thoughts on the possibility that they would include a Back Cover-like cutscene movie for Unchained [x] and/or Union Cross to justify the package? Assuming Ux comes to a close within the coming months. Probably just wishful thinking 😓

Akezura

Awards
God I dislike how Japanese interviewers always gas up the subject.

――Despite being a music game, you jump, attack with the Keyblade and more - it really feels like playing a normal KH game.

It absolutely does not. This sounds like a marketing line, not something actually coming out of the mouth of someone who played the game.

――Now, we want to ask about the KH series as a whole. KH3 served as a punctuation point in the plot, but there are still unresolved characters and mysteries, right?

You've gotta be kidding me. KH3 resolved almost nothing other than what? Where Terra was? Oh wow sora stopped xehenort from doing exactly what he said he was going to do in DDD. How could you actually unironically ask "are there still unresolved characters and mysteries?"

If I am working on a KH game, I am usually thinking about one game ahead. So to use your example of KH1, I already had the next game KH Chain of Memories in mind. So when I was working on KH1, I had vague ideas about starting with a new protagonist in KH2, where Roxas appears, but I hadn't formed a definitive concept at the time

This is why the writing in kingdom hearts is getting more and more frustrating. Nomura sees each game as a way to serve the next game, not as a complete experience in of itself.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
If they do something like this, thoughts on the possibility that they would include a Back Cover-like cutscene movie for Unchained [x] and/or Union Cross to justify the package? Assuming Ux comes to a close within the coming months. Probably just wishful thinking 😓

Union Cross deserves to be a playable experience with Ephemer and Skuld as the playable characters.

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
Union Cross deserves to be a playable experience with Ephemer and Skuld as the playable characters.

I agree, but given their treatment of Days, coded, and the only HD χ content we’ve received so far, I highly doubt they’ll give us anything more than a cutscene compilation. I’m just hopeful we’ll at least get that much.

Perkilator

Awards
It absolutely does not. This sounds like a marketing line, not something actually coming out of the mouth of someone who played the game.
It does to me, speaking as someone who actually did play it; just not in the traditional sense.
You've gotta be kidding me. KH3 resolved almost nothing other than what? Where Terra was? Oh wow sora stopped xehenort from doing exactly what he said he was going to do in DDD. How could you actually unironically ask "are there still unresolved characters and mysteries?"
You said KH3 resolved almost nothing, and yet flame people for asking if there’s anything unresolved? I’m confused., especially when you say this
This is why the writing in kingdom hearts is getting more and more frustrating. Nomura sees each game as a way to serve the next game, not as a complete experience in of itself.
not too much later.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I agree, but given their treatment of Days, coded, and the only HD χ content we’ve received so far, I highly doubt they’ll give us anything more than a cutscene compilation. I’m just hopeful we’ll at least get that much.
I think the justification for the non-remakes of Days and coded was because of time constraints. With the Seekers of Darkness Saga over and the KH team having more than one dev team, it's possible that a playable remake of KHx/Ux is under consideration, but we'll have to see what comes out of it.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I rather a movie explaining everything in KHUX. I will projectile vomit if KHUX gets a HD release on main consoles with the same gameplay, where I have to pay money to get cutscenes. No thanks.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I rather a movie explaining everything in KHUX. I will projectile vomit if KHUX gets a HD release on main consoles with the same gameplay, where I have to pay money to get cutscenes. No thanks.

What. That's not how a hypothetical remake of UX would work.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
They’re not going to do that, be realistic here please.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I think a remake of KHUx has more probabilities.

Think: they've packed every movie in a collection:
• Days movie in I.5
• coded movie in II.5
• KHx movie in II.8

If they make a KHUx movie, with what are they going to pack it with? Melody of Memory + KHUx movie? Yet another ReMix re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-release, but with MoM and KHUx movie (The Story So Far + More To Come? hahahahaha).

Unless...

KH DDD Vol. 2 + KHUx movie

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
If they make a KHUx movie, with what are they going to pack it with? Melody of Memory + KHUx movie? Yet another ReMix re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-release, but with MoM and KHUx movie (The Story So Far + More To Come? hahahahaha).

Yeah I'm thinking it's not too far-fetched to think they might package KH3/ReMind/MoM together as part of a next-gen performance upgrade next year (III.5? lol idk), in which case, a Ux movie seems plausible? I know I'm parsing words here but Nomura technically said "a little break in new titles," which I take to mean games (which, for the record, could also leave the door open to a Disney+ announcement). But who knows 🙃 leave it to Nomura to be vague.

Ux movie packaged with the next full game is possible, but would be a departure from how they've done things thus far

I think with all the plot threads Nomura has laid out, he's clearly very eager to move forward into new narrative territory. I have a hard time imagining he'll want to hold up that next step with a full-fledged Ux playable remake.

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
The problem with packing KHIII+MOM+KHUx Movie is that it seems redundant because the PS5 is backwards compatible with the PS4

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
I think there are still things they could do, like 60 fps at 4k resolution, faster load times etc. But agree that it would feel somewhat redundant.

Last edited:
Awards
Usually people act like this cuz they think Nomura never plans ahead.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Nomura: The remaining things that were foreshadowed will absolutely be resolved in future games, but, I do want to slightly change the format we've had until now. I want to shake things up with a different world and new story, while also resolving existing foreshadowing.
Part of me is hoping that changing the format will mean it becoming less end heavy. It'd be nice if big events are spread throughout the game and not all saved for the end and rushed.

Back