• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dengeki Interviews Tetsuya Nomura on KINGDOM HEARTS 2.8, KH3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
@Sephiroth Sorry for the confusion. I'm an idiot who got their interviews confused. Hehe. ^_^'

@KingSoraFul How the heck did I not realize that was what Nomura meant? It seems so obvious now. Wow. Bring on that worldwide release for III, Square! (Or so I hope that they will.)

Anyway, I just thought of something: you guys think there will be any Disney worlds in Back Cover or no?

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Anyway, I just thought of something: you guys think there will be any Disney worlds in Back Cover or no?

It's very unlikely but not impossible. I can imagine the Sixth Apprentice or Master of Master travelling to the worlds that are playable in Kingdom Hearts X to better understand the worlds outside their own. That's all I got really. The story seems to be very centralised to Daybreak Town.

Awards
I would talk about the "great pains trying to find a balance" bit in the interview but I'm afraid that I might start an argument.

Did Nomura practically confirm a worldwide release for KH3 or is it just me?

Last edited:

kingsoraful

Awards
Did Nomura practically confirm a worldwide release for KH3 or is it just me?

You're late to the party. I said that a couple of posts before. He basically confirmed it because he said Japan will get it before us but it will be basically be the same time.

This may mean that they DO have a release date in mind. I'm more and more confident that December announcement will reveal the release date for III.

Japan is 13 hrs ahead of the USA, so there you go. Confirmation WWR for KH III.

I'm going to avoid the hell out of going online that day cause much like with Pokemon X/Y there WILL be spoilers.

Last edited:

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
It's very unlikely but not impossible. I can imagine the Sixth Apprentice or Master of Master travelling to the worlds that are playable in Kingdom Hearts X to better understand the worlds outside their own. That's all I got really. The story seems to be very centralised to Daybreak Town.

I think you're right. It's just going to feel strange to me to have a KH experience with no Disney in it at all, then. I know that Chi and Unchained Key do have it--so it's not like Chi as a whole doesn't--and I understand completely why it wouldn't work for BC, but IDK...

It's times like this that I realize just how little importance the Disney stuff has in KH anymore (though I do think they are getting better and even trying to do more with it, it sounds).

But then again, remembering how the Days movie tried to put the Disney stuff in, with just the summaries about what happened in those worlds... this is probably for the best. Haha.

The Coded movie handled it decently, to be fair, but unlike Days and Chi most of the story of Coded happened in the Disney worlds, so it would have made little sense to remove them. In Back Cover, not so much.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Yes, that's right. In the E3 demo, you can play up to entering the castle. The Realm of Darkness Aqua is venturing through has melted together many worlds swallowed by darkness, and fragments of worlds other than Castle of Dreams will feature. There will be a quirk to each area, so I think it's considerably satisfying to play

This is really interesting and exciting to know that worlds other than Castle of Dreams will feature in 0.2. I'm extra excited now :D

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Famitsu interview practically confirms worldwide release for KH III. Japan will get it earlier because they're 11-12 hrs ahead of us.
Using that logic, Australia and New Zealand would get it first since they're ahead of Japan.

But then again, that's really not how release dates work.

kingsoraful

Awards
Using that logic, Australia and New Zealand would get it first since they're ahead of Japan.

But then again, that's really not how release dates work.

Japan gets it first though. So regardless of whether Australia/New Zealand is ahead is irrelevant. It probably means you'll be getting it the next day in Australia.

Nomora said Japan would get it first but it will be nearly simultaneously. Meaning at the same time, but what will be different is what hour of the day the rest of the world will get it.

This tells me they at the very least hopefully do have a release date in mind and that will be part of the news coming in December.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Japan gets it first though. So regardless of whether Australia/New Zealand is ahead is irrelevant. It probably means you'll be getting it the next day in Australia.

Nomora said Japan would get it first but it will be nearly simultaneously. Meaning at the same time, but what will be different is what hour of the day the rest of the world will get it.

This tells me they at the very least hopefully do have a release date in mind and that will be part of the news coming in December.
Please wait for our translations before jumping ahead. Japan getting it before could refer to a few days to a week to even more.

In the past Square Enix used "Simultaneous World Wide Release" to refer to a game releasing on different days within the same week, and since NA gets their games on Tuesdays and Japan gets them on Thursdays I believe, you might be waiting 5 days.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Please wait for our translations before jumping ahead. Japan getting it before could refer to a few days to a week to even more.

In the past Square Enix used "Simultaneous World Wide Release" to refer to a game releasing on different days within the same week, and since NA gets their games on Tuesdays and Japan gets them on Thursdays I believe, you might be waiting 5 days.

This is what I was hoping for in terms of a worldwide release anyway, so I am very okay with this if it happens.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards

I think Japan gets games on Fridays, but regardless, I'd be totally cool if we get them within a week of one another. The same date would be nice, but it's hard to complain when we're all getting the game in a few months. If it is a worldwide release on the same day, we'll probably get the game on a Friday.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Took Jesus 3 days to come back yet in 10 years no KH3. Makes you think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back