• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Dengeki Interview with Tetsuya Nomura Finally Surfaces!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So does that mean we will be getting Kingdom Hearts 2 fm as well in some form? So happy about the 100 cutscenes for Days. I heard there were new characters in another interview . If so I hope they include Reno. That would be awesome to have him hopefully meet Axel. XD

Yep. No, not new characters in any existing KH games. There will be "new characters" in Kingdom Hearts PC Browser, the cute little non-canon online social game.

kairihikari

The reaction commands in kh2 really saved me more than once. I wish they were in the original version of the first game. I can't wait to see what happens in kh3. I'm excited to see kairi in action. Yen-sid will teach her well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
BBSv.2 doesn't exist. There's a story to tell, but there is no plans for anything there.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
The reaction commands in kh2 really saved me more than once. I wish they were in the original version of the first game. I can't wait to see what happens in kh3. I'm excited to see kairi in action. Yen-sid will teach her well.

Umm, that's nice. But how about that Dengeki interview?

Wait but isnt the remake country locked? On top of this (maybe annoying to ask) but obviously not even a hint of BBS vol2 been discussed at all recently right?

This isn't a remake. It's an HD remaster (with the exception of the 100 actually remade Days scenes). As of this moment, there have been no announcements regarding a western release, which is to be expected as they never release this information so soon after the initial game reveal. The PS3 is not region-locked, and I doubt the game will be.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
so was that secret ending in BBS FM a bunch of nonsense? We still dont understand anything of it

I think you're misunderstanding. It's not that the secret ending was nothing but a bunch of random scenes and pretty effects. Ask anyone about that and they'd probably tell you the same thing: that BBSv2, if it were to exist, would be about the events we know of but haven't seen and experienced. Aqua's time in the Realm of Darkness for example, Mickey's journey to find the Kingdom Key D or Riku during KH1 and Days.

It's just that, like Chaser said, while there is a story to tell, there are no plans to make anything of it.

CaptainMarvelQ8

Bronze Member
Awards
Oh,well I guess they're things that could be explained through cutscenes or journal entry's in KH3. I still thought there was one mystery game left all this time :/

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
A very good interview. I am getting more excited.

---What sort of content is there story-wise?

Nomura: It is a spin-off title, completely separate from the main plot thread. Because of the nature of browser games from the start, we weren’t going to put in any grand set-up. You can say that this means both existing fans and people new to the series will be able to play standing at the same starting point. Of course we aren’t discarding the established universe of the series, and if you are a fan, we have included some developments that you can consider deeply. We also plan to draw up some new characters for Browser.

---New characters will appear, will they! Will there be developments that embroil these characters in the main plot thread...?

Nomura: I can’t tell you that, but since we are working diligently on Browser so that you may play for us soon, please wait just a little more.
Probably the part of the interview that caught the most of my interest. I am intrigued about these "new characters" involvement in KH. I am looking forward to hearing more about KH ReMIX and this browser game.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
A very good interview. I am getting more excited.

Probably the part of the interview that caught the most of my interest. I am intrigued about these "new characters" involvement in KH. I am looking forward to hearing more about KH ReMIX and this browser game.[/I]

Spoilers, new character is Sora in his past life as a warrior in the Keyblade War. *shot*

But on a more serious note, I am curious about these characters too and whether or not they'll eventually become part of the main story as separate entities.

JustSnilloc

It's just that, like Chaser said, while there is a story to tell, there are no plans to make anything of it.

I wonder if there's a possibility of stuff being added to Birth by Sleep (in whatever ReMIX it ends up in) like those other stories... Certainly a Mickey playthrough could be added without too much difficulty. Or maybe just wishful thinking? I dunno, it does have quite a while before it gets released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back