• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Dengeki Interview with Tetsuya Nomura Finally Surfaces!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Hello all! It's been rather slow lately, hasn't it? Do you still remember the "Famitsu" interview (that was actually from Dengeki) that we reported on last week? Well, it's finally surfaced, officially through the Dengeki official site! Although you already know the gist of it from the summary that was made available, we'll have the full interview translated shortly! 

Thanks to goldpanner, you can read the interview below! Check back often for more updates!

Interview with Director of the Kingdom Hearts Series Mr Tetsuya Nomura! Finally heading for the climax of Xehanort’s reign as threat in the ‘Seeker of Darkness Chronicle’ 

Here we present an interview on Square Enix PS3 title Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX-, urgently announced at Tokyo Game Show 2012 and gathering attention from many gaming fans.

Commemorating the 10th anniversary since the first Kingdom Hearts, this title is a compilation of HD remakes of Kingdom Hearts Final Mix and Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories, with the added plot of Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days put to HD video, all in one. You can enjoy everything from the beginning of the adventures of Sora and friends up until the developments that lead to Kingdom Hearts II in one hit.

We listened to the man employed as the director of the Kingdom Hearts series, Mr. Tetsuya Nomura. He spoke on many subjects that fans cannot miss, such as how things have gone so far developing this title, the particular appeal of the three included titles. He also talked with us about the Kingdom Hearts title for PC browsers that was announced at the same time.

Now, with the story of this ten-year old series finally heading towards a conclusion, including the significance of reflection you could say this title is not to be missed. Now, this interview is a reproduction of the one published in Degenki PlayStation Vol.528, sale date 11th October 2012. (※Full names not used in the interview)

Remaking a ten-year-old title in HD was a stormy ride!?

---First of all, please give us the full story behind work on the title announced at Tokyo Game Show 2012, Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX-.

Nomura: We’d had plans to do a HD remake for quite a while. Since even before we decided to do theFinal Fantasy X HD remake, actually. We were consulting the Osaka development team over whether we could do something using the HD specs of the PS3.

---So what kick-started development from there?

Nomura: One thing was that the Kingdom Hearts series had been released over several different consoles. I wanted to unite the scattered titles at once at the right time. Another thing was that, approaching the ten year anniversary, the series had become difficult for new players to enter. There are players who look at all the titles and worry over which ones to play, so I wanted to set them out in chronological order.
The three titles in this compilation have been lined up in an order that will make the plot easy to understand, so I think even people without prior experience of the series can be at ease. Also, the story that is currently developing is finally drawing to a close, so I also feel it will be a useful refresher for fans.

---On remaking what was originally PS2 title in HD, what points gave you hardship work-wise?

Nomura: I can’t say in detail, but for example, there were situations like ‘finding each and every book in view in a huge library’. We entrusted the HD remaking to two programmers in Osaka, and thanks to their steadfast efforts, the remake was fully realised in close to a year.

---Listening to you, preparation for the HD remake work actually started quite a long time ago, didn’t it.

Nomura: In an interview some time ago I said ‘I am investigating this and that,’ and what I meant was a HD remake of Kingdom Hearts. The trailer we were able to release at the Game Show this year was also thanks to the considerable efforts of the Osaka team.

Kingdom Hearts exists in its current form because of the Osaka Team

---The Osaka team is the production team who have been working on the Kingdom Hearts series recently, right?

Nomura: Yes, that’s right. Since Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded, they are the team who has worked on titles such as Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep and Kingdom Hearts 3D[Dream Drop Distance]. That said, the programmers who were in charge of the HD remake were merged in from a team that hadn’t been involved in the Kingdom Hearts series before.

---Thinking about the active role they’ve played in recent years, it feels like the Osaka team is now the series main staff, doesn’t it?

Nomura: That’s because that’s practically true. The Tokyo Kingdom Hearts team that we had in the early days has undergone some drastic changes. Even so, there are of course still Kingdom Hearts staff on the Tokyo side that collaborate with the Osaka side, but besides that the Osaka side form the basically unchanging lineup as a team, so in essence you could say they are the existing Kingdom Hearts staff. They move things along extremely energetically, and the Kingdom Hearts series is able to continue to this day only because they are there.

---What is the current state of progress on HD?

Nomura: Actually, it’s basically in the final stage. At first I thought about fully remaking Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (hereafter Days) in a form you could actually play. However, work on Days alone would have needed one year at the very least. I worried quite a bit over it, and I thought, weighing up a new title or a remake, players would want the new title. Even so, I had to include Days, so I decided if this is how it has to be then I will re-do it as a video volume.

---Are the HD videos of Days you may enjoy the same as the cutscenes compiled in ‘Theatre Mode’ in the original title?

Nomura: They are included too, but we’ve put around 70% of the main story overall (※excluding cutscenes from Disney worlds) to video, and the Disney worlds and such are supplemented through screens of text. According to the person in charge, there are over 100 cutscenes, and they are about 2-3 hours in total. It’s still not finished so I can’t give you the exact time, but the content will take more than an hour to finish viewing, at least.

---With that much volume, we can expect a whole new way to enjoy it, can’t we!

Nomura: Yes, because even though it’s video-only, the content is almost enough for one new title’s share. There is a considerable volume of newly recorded voicing, too. We were unable to record many voiced cutscenes for the original Days due to capacity issues, but I think this time fans will definitely be satisfied.

---Will we be able to enjoy Days as soon as we begin the game?

Nomura: Yes. You can select it right from start-up. The videos are divided into chapters, and you can also watch the whole thing in one flow, so please experience it whenever you like. If you have played Kingdom Hearts andKingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories so far but haven’t played Days, I think you should by all means get your hands on this.

HD Remake “2.5” to definitely come to be?

----The HD remake of the first title, Kingdom Hearts, is based on Kingdom Hearts Final Mix (hereafter KHFM), isn’t it?

Nomura: Yes, it was. Aside from the entire thing being reborn in HD quality, and I’m sure some players will have noticed this, but the models for Sora and some of the other main characters have been replaced with the latest versions. If you compare them I think it’s very obvious.

---Is there also trophy support?

Nomura: It’s a PS3 title, so yes, there is support. However, I personally have never been that fixated on trophy features, so I am still researching now what sort of content we should include. There are trophies for clearing each world and such, but I don’t think you’d need one for first obtaining a Keyblade, would you... those are the sorts of discussions that are underway. Please anticipate some as factors for speedruns.

---Are there any other parts you adjusted or added?

Nomura: We’ve adjusted the controls to make them a little easier to use than back in the day. In the firstKingdom Hearts game, special controls (opening chests etc) were shown right at the bottom of the commands, but we’ve now gone with displaying them at the top with a triangle button. Also, the camera controls and such have been changed to match Kingdom Hearts II. So, I think the gameplay in Kingdom Hearts will all feel like something based on Kingdom Hearts II.
As for any big additional elements, I have already said this, but there aren’t really any. Please think of the addition of HD image and trophy support as all there is to KHFM and KH Re:CoM. The theatre of Days is the number one showpiece for Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX- this time.

---Can the fans of the series look forward to the usual secret movie...?

Nomura: I really don’t want to lead anyone on or cause false hope, so please let me be clear on this: unfortunately, this time, there is no new secret movie. 

---Recently there have been many Kingdom Hearts titles on handheld consoles, so it’s quite nostalgic to have one for a main console.

Nomura: The last title to come out on a main console was Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix+ (※released on PS2 in 2007), wasn’t it? At the time of Kingdom Hearts 3D[Dream Drop Distance], I said that the next Kingdom Hearts game would be coming out on a main console, and we have made that happen. To the fans who haven’t played Kingdom Hearts on a main console in a long time, I would be so happy if you would welcome this title. 

---Are there by any chance plans for a bundle with a custom PS3?

Nomura: Should I do that (laughs)? There are no plans as of now. I hadn’t even thought of it (laughs).

---In any case, does putting “1.5” in the title mean there will be a “2.5”?

Nomura: If there wasn’t a “2.5” after this, it would be pretty unnatural (laughs).

---As things stand now, will this HD version we’re all so eager for be releasing in 2013?

Nomura: I touched on this before, but work is already in the final stages. Seeing as development is going well, I want to get it to you as fast as I can. I also want to keep it as close as possible to the Kingdom Hearts 10th anniversary.

A browser game packed with a charm different from anything else so far

---Next we would like to ask about the PC game you announced, Kingdom Hearts for PC Browser (working title). What sort of game content will there be?

Nomura: Fundamentally it’s a typical browser game. Unlike the main series it is not strong on action content, but instead has action battles with simple controls using cards. The style of play, in which you customise your own avatar and adventure through Disney worlds, is a different vector than anything so far. Among other things you can co-operate with multiple people to battle bosses, and online-only components. 

---Is paying together with several people the pivotal element of this work?

Nomura: No, it’s fundamentally single-player. I think that most fans of the Kingdom Hearts series would rather play in the single-player format that they have always had.

---Are the Osaka team in charge of this title too, by any chance?

Nomura: No, it’s being developed in a different place. The plans and designs were made in-house, but because it’s in a special format on a browser unlike anything we’ve done before, we’re entrusting it to people on the outside who have the know-how. Currently construction in the area of gameplay is going favourably, but we plan to brush up the visuals a bit more. It’s still mid-production, but we plan to add things after the service begins, so we’d love for many people to join in.

---What sort of content is there story-wise?

Nomura: It is a spin-off title, completely separate from the main plot thread. Because of the nature of browser games from the start, we weren’t going to put in any grand set-up. You can say that this means both existing fans and people new to the series will be able to play standing at the same starting point. Of course we aren’t discarding the established universe of the series, and if you are a fan, we have included some developments that you can consider deeply. We also plan to draw up some new characters for Browser.

---New characters will appear, will they! Will there be developments that embroil these characters in the main plot thread...?

Nomura: I can’t tell you that, but since we are working diligently on Browser so that you may play for us soon, please wait just a little more.

New movement for The World Ends With You!?

---We’d like to ask about a slightly different title now. First, The World Ends With You (hereafter TWEWY) -Solo Remix- is available now. Why did you make it an iOS app?

Nomura: It was a decision made after many complicated reasons stacked up. I have heard generally favourable things from people who have played it, that is the most important thing.

---We think there must be many voices calling for a sequel to TWEWY.

Nomura: I personally love TWEWY too, it’s a title I do want to branch out. For the sake of future prospects, I hope that many people play and enjoy TWEWY -Solo Remix-.

---A few days ago at the FF Exhibition, Lightning Returns FFXIII was announced. In what way is your work involved in this project, Mr. Nomura?

Nomura: I worked on Lightning and Snow’s new outfits, but that is all, and I am finished.

---On the subject of Lightning, we’re also interested in any movement regarding Verses?

Nomura: Work is progressing properly, and all us staff are working hard and doing our best, so please wait a little for news.

---And now, finally, a message for fans of Kingdom Hearts, please.

Nomura: The story we have been telling consistently so far, which is called the Xehanort Saga, bears the formal name of ‘Seeker of Darkness Chronicle’. Before we look to the conclusion of this ‘Seeker of Darkness Chronicle’, I would love for you to prepare with the HD remake.

The Kingdom Hearts series has now been going on for ten years, and the two titles we have announced, Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX- and Kingdom Hearts for PC Browser (working title), both take completely different approaches, but please look forward to them as we turn our thoughts to the last of the current series.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
My laptop battery is about to die so please forgive me for updating this post before I finish...

(Please credit Degenki, KHInsider, and/or me!)

Interview with Director of the Kingdom Hearts Series Mr Tetsuya Nomura! Finally heading for the climax of Xehanort’s reign as threat in the ‘Seeker of Darkness Chronicle’

Here we present an interview on Square Enix PS3 title Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX-, urgently announced at Tokyo Game Show 2012 and gathering attention from many gaming fans.

Commemorating the 10th anniversary since the first Kingdom Hearts, this title is a compilation of HD remakes of Kingdom Hearts Final Mix and Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories, with the added plot of Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days put to HD video, all in one. You can enjoy everything from the beginning of the adventures of Sora and friends up until the developments that lead to Kingdom Hearts II in one hit.

We listened to the man employed as the director of the Kingdom Hearts series, Mr. Tetsuya Nomura. He spoke on many subjects that fans cannot miss, such as how things have gone so far developing this title, the particular appeal of the three included titles. He also talked with us about the Kingdom Hearts title for PC browsers that was announced at the same time.

Now, with the story of this ten-year old series finally heading towards a conclusion, including the significance of reflection you could say this title is not to be missed. Now, this interview is a reproduction of the one published in Degenki PlayStation Vol.528, sale date 11th October 2012. (※Full names not used in the interview)

Remaking a ten-year-old title in HD was a stormy ride!?

---First of all, please give us the full story behind work on the title announced at Tokyo Game Show 2012, Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX-.

Nomura: We’d had plans to do a HD remake for quite a while. Since even before we decided to do the Final Fantasy X HD remake, actually. We were consulting the Osaka development team over whether we could do something using the HD specs of the PS3.

---So what kick-started development from there?

Nomura: One thing was that the Kingdom Hearts series had been released over several different consoles. I wanted to unite the scattered titles at once at the right time. Another thing was that, approaching the ten year anniversary, the series had become difficult for new players to enter. There are players who look at all the titles and worry over which ones to play, so I wanted to set them out in chronological order.
The three titles in this compilation have been lined up in an order that will make the plot easy to understand, so I think even people without prior experience of the series can be at ease. Also, the story that is currently developing is finally drawing to a close, so I also feel it will be a useful refresher for fans.

---On remaking what was originally PS2 title in HD, what points gave you hardship work-wise?

Nomura: I can’t say in detail, but for example, there were situations like ‘finding each and every book in view in a huge library’. We entrusted the HD remaking to two programmers in Osaka, and thanks to their steadfast efforts, the remake was fully realised in close to a year.

---Listening to you, preparation for the HD remake work actually started quite a long time ago, didn’t it.

Nomura: In an interview some time ago I said ‘I am investigating this and that,’ and what I meant was a HD remake of Kingdom Hearts. The trailer we were able to release at the Game Show this year was also thanks to the considerable efforts of the Osaka team.

Kingdom Hearts exists in its current form because of the Osaka Team

---The Osaka team is the production team who have been working on the Kingdom Hearts series recently, right?

Nomura: Yes, that’s right. Since Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded, they are the team who has worked on titles such as Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep and Kingdom Hearts 3D[Dream Drop Distance]. That said, the programmers who were in charge of the HD remake were merged in from a team that hadn’t been involved in the Kingdom Hearts series before.

---Thinking about the active role they’ve played in recent years, it feels like the Osaka team is now the series main staff, doesn’t it?

Nomura: That’s because that’s practically true. The Tokyo Kingdom Hearts team that we had in the early days has undergone some drastic changes. Even so, there are of course still Kingdom Hearts staff on the Tokyo side that collaborate with the Osaka side, but besides that the Osaka side form the basically unchanging lineup as a team, so in essence you could say they are the existing Kingdom Hearts staff. They move things along extremely energetically, and the Kingdom Hearts series is able to continue to this day only because they are there.

---What is the current state of progress on HD?

Nomura: Actually, it’s basically in the final stage. At first I thought about fully remaking Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (hereafter Days) in a form you could actually play. However, work on Days alone would have needed one year at the very least. I worried quite a bit over it, and I thought, weighing up a new title or a remake, players would want the new title. Even so, I had to include Days, so I decided if this is how it has to be then I will re-do it as a video volume.

---Are the HD videos of Days you may enjoy the same as the cutscenes compiled in ‘Theatre Mode’ in the original title?

Nomura: They are included too, but we’ve put around 70% of the main story overall (※excluding cutscenes from Disney worlds) to video, and the Disney worlds and such are supplemented through screens of text. According to the person in charge, there are over 100 cutscenes, and they are about 2-3 hours in total. It’s still not finished so I can’t give you the exact time, but the content will take more than an hour to finish viewing, at least.

---With that much volume, we can expect a whole new way to enjoy it, can’t we!

Nomura: Yes, because even though it’s video-only, the content is almost enough for one new title’s share. There is a considerable volume of newly recorded voicing, too. We were unable to record many voiced cutscenes for the original Days due to capacity issues, but I think this time fans will definitely be satisfied.

---Will we be able to enjoy Days as soon as we begin the game?

Nomura: Yes. You can select it right from start-up. The videos are divided into chapters, and you can also watch the whole thing in one flow, so please experience it whenever you like. If you have played Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories so far but haven’t played Days, I think you should by all means get your hands on this.

HD Remake “2.5” to definitely come to be?

----The HD remake of the first title, Kingdom Hearts, is based on Kingdom Hearts Final Mix (hereafter KHFM), isn’t it?

Nomura: Yes, it was. Aside from the entire thing being reborn in HD quality, and I’m sure some players will have noticed this, but the models for Sora and some of the other main characters have been replaced with the latest versions. If you compare them I think it’s very obvious.

---Is there also trophy support?

Nomura: It’s a PS3 title, so yes, there is support. However, I personally have never been that fixated on trophy features, so I am still researching now what sort of content we should include. There are trophies for clearing each world and such, but I don’t think you’d need one for first obtaining a Keyblade, would you... those are the sorts of discussions that are underway. Please anticipate some as factors for speedruns.

---Are there any other parts you adjusted or added?

Nomura: We’ve adjusted the controls to make them a little easier to use than back in the day. In the first Kingdom Hearts game, special controls (opening chests etc) were shown right at the bottom of the commands, but we’ve now gone with displaying them at the top with a triangle button. Also, the camera controls and such have been changed to match Kingdom Hearts II. So, I think the gameplay in Kingdom Hearts will all feel like something based on Kingdom Hearts II.
As for any big additional elements, I have already said this, but there aren’t really any. Please think of the addition of HD image and trophy support as all there is to KHFM and KH Re:CoM. The theatre of Days is the number one showpiece for Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX- this time.

---Can the fans of the series look forward to the usual secret movie...?

Nomura: I really don’t want to lead anyone on or cause false hope, so please let me be clear on this: unfortunately, this time, there is no new secret movie.

---Recently there have been many Kingdom Hearts titles on handheld consoles, so it’s quite nostalgic to have one for a main console.

Nomura: The last title to come out on a main console was Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix+ (※released on PS2 in 2007), wasn’t it? At the time of Kingdom Hearts 3D[Dream Drop Distance], I said that the next Kingdom Hearts game would be coming out on a main console, and we have made that happen. To the fans who haven’t played Kingdom Hearts on a main console in a long time, I would be so happy if you would welcome this title.

---Are there by any chance plans for a bundle with a custom PS3?

Nomura: Should I do that (laughs)? There are no plans as of now. I hadn’t even thought of it (laughs).

---In any case, does putting “1.5” in the title mean there will be a “2.5”?

Nomura: If there wasn’t a “2.5” after this, it would be pretty unnatural (laughs).

---As things stand now, will this HD version we’re all so eager for be releasing in 2013?

Nomura: I touched on this before, but work is already in the final stages. Seeing as development is going well, I want to get it to you as fast as I can. I also want to keep it as close as possible to the Kingdom Hearts 10th anniversary.

A browser game packed with a charm different from anything else so far

---Next we would like to ask about the PC game you announced, Kingdom Hearts for PC Browser (working title). What sort of game content will there be?

Nomura: Fundamentally it’s a typical browser game. Unlike the main series it is not strong on action content, but instead has action battles with simple controls using cards. The style of play, in which you customise your own avatar and adventure through Disney worlds, is a different vector than anything so far. Among other things you can co-operate with multiple people to battle bosses, and online-only components.

---Is paying together with several people the pivotal element of this work?

Nomura: No, it’s fundamentally single-player. I think that most fans of the Kingdom Hearts series would rather play in the single-player format that they have always had.

---Are the Osaka team in charge of this title too, by any chance?

Nomura: No, it’s being developed in a different place. The plans and designs were made in-house, but because it’s in a special format on a browser unlike anything we’ve done before, we’re entrusting it to people on the outside who have the know-how. Currently construction in the area of gameplay is going favourably, but we plan to brush up the visuals a bit more. It’s still mid-production, but we plan to add things after the service begins, so we’d love for many people to join in.

---What sort of content is there story-wise?

Nomura: It is a spin-off title, completely separate from the main plot thread. Because of the nature of browser games from the start, we weren’t going to put in any grand set-up. You can say that this means both existing fans and people new to the series will be able to play standing at the same starting point. Of course we aren’t discarding the established universe of the series, and if you are a fan, we have included some developments that you can consider deeply. We also plan to draw up some new characters for Browser.

---New characters will appear, will they! Will there be developments that embroil these characters in the main plot thread...?

Nomura: I can’t tell you that, but since we are working diligently on Browser so that you may play for us soon, please wait just a little more.

New movement for The World Ends With You!?

---We’d like to ask about a slightly different title now. First, The World Ends With You (hereafter TWEWY) -Solo Remix- is available now. Why did you make it an iOS app?

Nomura: It was a decision made after many complicated reasons stacked up. I have heard generally favourable things from people who have played it, that is the most important thing.

---We think there must be many voices calling for a sequel to TWEWY.

Nomura: I personally love TWEWY too, it’s a title I do want to branch out. For the sake of future prospects, I hope that many people play and enjoy TWEWY -Solo Remix-.

---A few days ago at the FF Exhibition, Lightning Returns FFXIII was announced. In what way is your work involved in this project, Mr. Nomura?

Nomura: I worked on Lightning and Snow’s new outfits, but that is all, and I am finished.

---On the subject of Lightning, we’re also interested in any movement regarding Verses?

Nomura: Work is progressing properly, and all us staff are working hard and doing our best, so please wait a little for news.

---And now, finally, a message for fans of Kingdom Hearts, please.

Nomura: The story we have been telling consistently so far, which is called the Xehanort Saga, bears the formal name of ‘Seeker of Darkness Chronicle’. Before we look to the conclusion of this ‘Seeker of Darkness Chronicle’, I would love for you to prepare with the HD remake.

The Kingdom Hearts series has now been going on for ten years, and the two titles we have announced, Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX- and Kingdom Hearts for PC Browser (working title), both take completely different approaches, but please look forward to them as we turn our thoughts to the last of the current series.

FINISHED

Last edited:

Zul

Awards
Sam-chan, you're so busy with school and still doing these translations :eek:. I wish you well in both.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Ahh back home lol. Thank you for being patient! I will update the original post here as I go!

@Zul Oh man @__@ I just handed in a piece of assessment, I think I can take the afternoon off to do this haha

Zul

Awards
Ahh back home lol. Thank you for being patient! I will update the original post here as I go!

@Zul Oh man @__@ I just handed in a piece of assessment, I think I can take the afternoon off to do this haha

Heh, I know, I've been gone for a while and the last thing I remember is that you were under quite a bit of school stress :S.

But it's good that you're catching a break every now and then :).

From what's translated so far, this HD collection is meant to bring whoever plays it up to speed before KH2. I imagine a 2.5 is supposed to bring them up to speed so that they're ready for KH3.

There is still the question of whether BBS would be in 2.5, as the BBS fragmentary passage scene displayed the number "0.5", we might actually get a 2.5 and a 0.5. The odd thing is, 2.5 won't be much if it's just KH2FM+ and Re:Coded HD...well... In terms of actual "games", 2.5 would be the same as 1.5, since KH Days are only scenes.

So...

1.5- KH1FM, KH Re:CoM, KH Days in videos.

KH2.5, KH2FM+, KH re:Coded, BBS???

KH0.5, BBS, .....KH3D?....BBSv2?

BBSv2 is an odd placement because, in the event it gets developed, it's a new game and would likely be released individually first before being put into an HD collection. KH3D is also an odd placement because it's relatively new. But keep in mind that you will probably need to know KH3D to understand KH3.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Hey goldpanner, do you need help? I started translating in reverse order in page 3.

---Would a fan of the series expect the same secret movie?

Nomura: Unfortunately this time, there is no new secret movie. I apologize for any fueled expectations, I'll say this clearly right now.

---Recently the KINGDOM HEARTS series has been in many portable devices, it's been a long time since KINGDOM HEARTS has been in a console.

Nomura: The last time it was released for a console was KINGDOM HEARTS II FINAL MIX. When I said KINGDOM HEARTS 3D [Dream Drop Distance] was going to be issued to a portable system, we were going to make it happen. For fans that have not been playing the KINGDOM HEARTS series on consoles, I would appreciate welcoming this work.

---By the way, are there any plans and packages bundled with a new PS3?

Nomura: There better be? (laughs) There are no plans at the moment, I didn't even think of it. (laughs)

---By the way, the title was given "1.5". Does a "2.5" exists?

Nomura: I think it would be unnatural if there wasn't a "2.5". (laughs)

---The release of the HD version has become 2013 at this moment?

Nomura: As I mentioned earlier, the works are coming to a finale. I think it is a favorable development, and I want to deliver this as soon as possible. There is also the 10th anniversary of the KINGDOM HEARTS series and we want to deliver as much as possible within that range.

pg. 3
A browser version that's packed with traditional and different charms.

---Next, I would like to ask you about what was announced for the PC, KINGDOM HEARTS PC Browser. What will be said about the game's contents?

Nomura: Basically it's a browser game in general. The action is not as strong as the series but the battle will be utilized with a simple operation of cards. You explore Disney worlds to customize your avatar, it will play with vectors different from the past. You may have to battle a boss in co-op and there are unique elements online.

---You can play with multiple players, what is going on with the axis of this work?

Nomura: It can be one player. I think fans of the KINGDOM HEARTS series will prefer the option of playing solo as well.

---Who works here by any chance, is the Osaka team in charge of the production?

Nomura: No, I have developed elsewhere. I have done internally in regards to planning and design, because there are specialized formats in different browsers, we had to ask outside expertise. Currently, I have been around systems that are built well, I plan to continue to brushing up more in the visuals. Although it's still in production, it is expected that the specifications will be added even after the start of the service, I would like you to participate with many people.

---What happens in the contents of the story?

Nomura: It's completely distant from the story's main plot, it will be a side story title. Because of the nature of browser games, I didn't put a grand story. In this sense, fans of the series and new fans will be able to play at the same starting point. Of course, this does not necessarily mean I have destroyed the traditional view of the series. It also unfolds in a way that can be considered deeply for fans. I will also draw new characters for the browser.

---A new character also appears! How will this character be involved in the story of the main plot?

Nomura: I can't say. We are working as diligently as possible so you can play the browser version, please wait a little longer.

There are new developments for The World Ends with You!?

---Please tell us about how different this title is. First, what were the reasons behind distributing The World Ends with You -Solo Remix- on the iOS app?

Nomura: It is a decision at the end of complex overlapping reasons. Many players appear to have been well recieved.

---For The World Ends with You, I think many voices expected a sequel.

Nomura: I personally liked The World Ends with You, it is a title that I would like to extend the branches and leaves. For the sake of future prospects, I hope many people will enjoy The World Ends with You -Solo Remix-.

---During the other day of the FF Exhibition, Lightning Returns: FINAL FANTASY XIII has been announced. How are the works going Mr. Nomura?

Nomura: I worked on a new costume for Lightning and Snow, my work there is already done.

---While it's becoming the topic of Lightning, on the other end, are you worried about the developments of Versus?

Nomura: I have properly been following production and the staff are working hard, for a while now, please wait for further news.

---Finally, please leave a message for KINGDOM HEARTS fans.

Nomura: The story so far has been consistently drawn into the Xehanort saga, the official full name is called the Seeker of Darkness saga. I think before you'll witness the conclusion of the Seeker of Darkness saga, you will come prepared by the HD versions.

The KINGDOM HEARTS series is a work that has continued for ten years. The titles announced today, KINGDOM HEARTS -HD 1.5 ReMIX- and KINGDOM HEARTS PC Browser, these two works approach completely differently, give it more than a passing thought to the last of the current series, please look forward to it.

Data
KINGDOM HEARTS -HD 1.5 ReMIX-
Manufacturer: Square Enix
Platform: PS3
Genre: RPG
Release Date: 2013
Suggested Retail Price: TBA

KINGDOM HEARTS PC Browser
Manufacturer: Square Enix
Platform: PC
Genre: ETC
Release Date: TBA

Related Sites:
KINGDOM HEARTS -1.5 HD ReMIX- | SQUARE ENIX
KINGDOM HEARTS PORTAL SITE | SQUARE ENIX

Last edited:

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
"Please look forward to it" he said.

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Wow, it's just out and already some translations up for it.

You're really the best, goldpanner and Zephyr. ^__^

Let's see how many (laughs) Nomura has this time.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
There's no Disney cutscenes for Days??

And Days is presented in Chapters? Yay!

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
That broke my heart...

Thanks for the translation~

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Heh, I know, I've been gone for a while and the last thing I remember is that you were under quite a bit of school stress :S.

Graduation man... this whole term is killing me... three more weeks ahhhh...

There is still the question of whether BBS would be in 2.5, as the BBS fragmentary passage scene displayed the number "0.5", we might actually get a 2.5 and a 0.5. The odd thing is, 2.5 won't be much if it's just KH2FM+ and Re:Coded HD...well... In terms of actual "games", 2.5 would be the same as 1.5, since KH Days are only scenes.

I think perhaps even though he keeps talking about 'chronology', he won't do a 0.5, he will put BBSFM in 2.5 and will probably admit later that he did so because he really wanted the extra time to fully remake the game for PS3!

I think it will be:

1.5: KHFM, KHRe:CoM, Days in vid form

2.5: KH2FM+, BBSFM, Re:Coded in vid form, + "BBSv2" recycled as secret movie/new cutscenes

I am pretty sure that v2 won't be a game, it seems like he is pretty sure that the next non-remake will be KH3.

Hey goldpanner, do you need help? I started translating in reverse order in page 3.

Oh no!! I didn't see this D; I was just refreshing my own post...

Ahh well... good practice either way ^^;

ah yes, the et cetera genre. my favorite

I know hahaha omg

edit: thank you everyone /A\ I am really super out of it from study and lack of sleep and running around here and there so if my translation isn't as smooth as it should be I apologise!! I hope everything made sense and yeah blab blahb thank you <3

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back