• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Dengeki Interview with Nomura on KINGDOM HEARTS 3 and Union Cross

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

notnow123487

Awards
If some don't transform and just switch up your style like the Kingdom Key, I'm all for it. It would feel less gimmicky and give people plenty of options.

That said, all this is only gonna work if you can switch keyblades in the middle of battle.

I'm guessing you can equip 2-3 during battle to choose from.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
–I’m interested about its connection with KINGDOM HEARTS III.
Nomura: If you play KINGDOM HEARTS III, you will also recognize the story of KINGDOM HEARTS Union Cross. For those who are anticipating KINGDOM HEARTS III and interested in the series’ story, I recommend to play KINGDOM HEARTS Union Cross.

What is everyone's current understanding of these lines? Those who play III will recognize Union X? Does this mean that the events of Union Cross will be recapped or concluded in Kingdom Hearts III? Are the Foretellers and new Union Leaders included among the many characters whose stories will see resolution in III?

My personal theory is that III will include playing through a Sleeping World version of the Keyblade War in order to wake Ventus, and the events of Unchained X/Union X will be presented that way.
It sounds like that he's just saying if anyone is interested in getting some more of the KH story right now, as opposed to waiting for KHIII, they can play KHUX which gets monthly updates.

There's also the first part of what he's saying that's just about how elements such as Luxu's black box will be referenced and maybe seen in KHIII.

Vaddix

Awards
–In the recent E3 footage, there was some interesting dialogue about Roxas and I’m concerned about the development of KINGDOM HEARTS III.

Nomura: Because there are too many characters that are appearing, the storyline has become complicated. There are quite a number of main characters that have appeared in the series, and every character will appear in some form.

I'll just go ahead and be super hopeful that this indeed means we'll see each and every one of the past Org XIII members in some manner another.
Might even mean some good ol' Vanitas on top of that.
I wanted to keep my hopes relatively downward for this specific concern (returning of most/all KH-original characters), but this quote seems to push in the direction of hope.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
UX has story elements? Where?!?!

Haha, that's a good one.

Granted, they may be somewhat hard to spot between all the meaningless filler thrown in to try and milk the players for money, but UX does indeed have an overaching narrative and story elements.
Unlike the old browser version though, the main story in UX proceeds with a pace slower than an escargot.

faemarch

Ansem's Apprentice
Awards
Haha, that's a good one.

Granted, they may be somewhat hard to spot between all the meaningless filler thrown in to try and milk the players for money, but UX does indeed have an overaching narrative and story elements.
Unlike the old browser version though, the main story in UX proceeds with a pace slower than an escargot.
Can't deny that, the Disney worlds in X/Ux pretty much serve no other purpose than as filler story-wise (in-game justification aside). You could probably just only watch the Daybreak Town stuff and still be perfectly fine.

I'm sure part of the reason for Ux's slooow pacing comes from its quest and AP system, at least in Browser X story objectives were pretty much just "get from Point A to Point B, throw in a few AP points if needed" and open-world travel made this much quicker.

Last edited:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Haha, that's a good one.

Union X is a video game at the end of the day To get the complete experience, you have to play the "filler" content to enjoy it. And besides, despite the Disney worlds being filler content, they're arguably the best re-tellings of the Disney stories to date. You're involved in the climax of Snow White, Gaston is finally featured in Beast's Castle, and you actually communicate directly with Aurora in Enchanted Dominion.

And in order to maintain player retention, you have to disperse story updates on a monthly basis. And as far as the story's pace goes, it's exactly the same as X was, monthly updates. The only reason why it finally feels slow is because you're arguably more invested in the story because Maleficent and Ventus are involved, characters that directly connect to the overall Kingdom Hearts franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back