• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Dengeki Interview with Nomura on KINGDOM HEARTS 3 and Union Cross

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

UltimaXOmega

No transformation for Kingdom Key and only 1 form for the Hercules Keyblade is very disappointing.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I hope revisits aren't entirely dropped. I did like revisiting worlds, but most of the Disney worlds in KH2 simply didn't have enough going on in them to justify two visits, so they just got in the way. I would like the original worlds to have a revisit at least

Nomura: Actually no. Each Keyblade has an attributed type such as attack or defense and those are the forms that exists for each type. You switch into the form while transforming the Keyblade.
By the way, the series’ iconic Keyblade Kingdom Key changes Sora into Second Form (Tentative Name) w/ KH2 color scheme but this form is exclusive to Kingdom Key. The Keyblade doesn’t transform but your tactics change. Some forms are specific to certain Keyblades.
Am I the only one happy to see the Kingdom Key finally being mentioned after all this time? XD

While my opinion on the transforming Keyblades is still mixed, I always throw the poor default Keyblade away the very second I get a new one, and most Keyblades never get used because, well, they're just not worth using, and the transformations makes them, theoretically anyway, useful, and at the very least it makes me want to actually them out.

Nomura: Twilight Town is a place where you’ll have gameplay tutorials and it’ll be one of the earlier stages.
Ah, okay then. So Twilight Town isn't the first world. Got it. And it sounds like doing tutorials are a choice. I mean, it wouldn't makes sense to do a forced tutorial after you've already completed a world or two.

Nomura: Because there are too many characters that are appearing, the storyline has become complicated. There are quite a number of main characters that have appeared in the series, and every character will appear in some form.
Nomura handling only three characters:

giphy.gif

Yeah, I don't have much faith in him here. XD

Echoecho6

Awards
Kinda disappointed that worlds wont get second visits. Hopefully they put in enough post game stuff so that even some of the Disney worlds have secret bosses again. Also kinda unhappy if Twilight Town is ONLY an early stage and we wont go there anytime after that.

Glad to hear transformations may have the same forms, this means forms themselves are a thing and may have a section for abilities like KH2 did. However I don't like the idea of less designed forms only because of power form taking up a design. red is pretty lame considering Sora's default outfit is already red. So far we only have colors KH2 had, I was really hoping for Green or something different.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I think people are misinterpreting the "no second visits" thing. I'm pretty sure it was referring to how you got multiple visits to the Disney worlds in KH II. That doesn't have to mean original worlds won't get more than one visit

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
I think people are misinterpreting the "no second visits" thing. I'm pretty sure it was referring to how you got multiple visits to the Disney worlds in KH II. That doesn't have to mean original worlds won't get more than one visit

True. And it doesn't seem like he straight out says there won't be any other content in the worlds after the first visit, just that it won't be the same as in KH2. KH1 had stuff you could do in the worlds later in the game with your upgraded movement abilities and other stuff that unlocked, maybe it's something similar to that. Not a full second visit, but maybe still something to do there later on.

notnow123487

Awards
I imagine twilight town is the second world after olympus. You learn the basics in Olympus and get through a Disney story. Then you get your new clothes and go to twilight town to start the main story.

Awards
Also kinda unhappy if Twilight Town is ONLY an early stage and we wont go there anytime after that.
It isn't just an tutorial world we will visit it again later in game. Nomura said in his IGN who asked about that Roxas scene (ironic)
in the orchestra trailer and he stated that that scene was late game.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Each Keyblade has an attributed type such as attack or defense and those are the forms that exists for each type. You switch into the form while transforming the Keyblade.
Do not like this, KB Transformations are superfluous gimmicks and they don't excite me.

By the way, the series’ iconic Keyblade Kingdom Key changes Sora into Second Form (Tentative Name) w/ KH2 color scheme but this form is exclusive to Kingdom Key. The Keyblade doesn’t transform but your tactics change. Some forms are specific to certain Keyblades.
This is good, hopefully there are a good variety of Keyblades which have specific forms and battle style changes (gimme a magic boosting Wisdom Form 2.0 Keyblade!). Anything to deescalate the centering of transformations.

RE: Union Cross being important, ehh. It seems like another redundant pastiche of ideas Nomura has combed through fan forum roleplay sections for and a pretty anticlimactic follow-up to the definitive anticlimax that was Unchained. My main concern, given its positioning of Ventus, is that it will actually impact the ongoing plot rather than sticking to unremarkable set-up for future installments I can choose not to care about at this time.

UltimaXOmega

Kingdom Key not having a transformation means transformations aren't canon.
If Ultima has no transformation, it'll be rage.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards

Keyblade transformation are cannon to this series. The bbs trio had their keyblades transform in their gliders. It is for sure an ability the keyblade has.

Alpha Sonix

When Nomura said that KH3 will have a new format for visiting worlds, what I'm thinking, if the tutorial is still featuring a playable Sora, is that it would start us off in Olympus Coliseum and then at some brief point, we'd have to leave and head back to Twilight Town, and then once we've done whatever tutorial there is there, we jump back to Olympus Coliseum again. That said, if that's how they're going to do it for all the worlds, I'm not sure I care much for that way of storytelling.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

You really are angry about the Kingdom Key not transforming. Personally, I'm glad that it doesn't transform. The signature Keyblade of the franchise doesn't need any special transformations.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
It's just a weird change since we were previously told that "all" the Keyblades will have a transformation, and "all" was exaggerated to a great extent by Kaori.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
If some don't transform and just switch up your style like the Kingdom Key, I'm all for it. It would feel less gimmicky and give people plenty of options.

That said, all this is only gonna work if you can switch keyblades in the middle of battle.

Awards
East of England, Buried in a Void of Non-Existence
As someone who typically runs through the KH games with the default Keyblade (BbS being an exception, if only because the base weapons upgrade fluidly into new, separate ones. I don't count Lost Memory for how drastically different it is, but that's beside the point), I quite appreciate that Kingdom Key doesn't transform in and of itself, and just gives Sora the ability to use older abilities that he's since lost because of Level reversion reasons. Why this happens is a mystery, but I'm sure someone will think of some Nomura-esque reason for it. Like... "Kingdom Key has retained the memories of skills and abilities it's wielder once used", or something out-there like that.

While I'm eager to know more about the new Party system, I also want to know about the Ability system; my worry in that respect is they won't bring back the AP system from the other numbered titles, which was something I enjoyed. I don't want to have all these flashy combos by default, I want to earn those goodies!

As for single visits to Disney worlds, I'm perfectly fine with that. If Nomura's word, coupled with what we've seen of the trailers, are anything to go by, the Worlds are packed full of enough content and exploration to warrant a single visit.

Joveus

[FONT=&quot]–I’m interested about its connection with KINGDOM HEARTS III.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Nomura: If you play KINGDOM HEARTS III, you will also recognize the story of KINGDOM HEARTS Union Cross. For those who are anticipating KINGDOM HEARTS III and interested in the series’ story, I recommend to play KINGDOM HEARTS Union Cross.[/FONT]

What is everyone's current understanding of these lines? Those who play III will recognize Union X? Does this mean that the events of Union Cross will be recapped or concluded in Kingdom Hearts III? Are the Foretellers and new Union Leaders included among the many characters whose stories will see resolution in III?

My personal theory is that III will include playing through a Sleeping World version of the Keyblade War in order to wake Ventus, and the events of Unchained X/Union X will be presented that way.

UltimaXOmega

So much for every Keyblade transforming.
It's just copy pasted Limit Form.
The KHII purists hate anything not KHII.
They want to go backwards rather than forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back