• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Demyx ...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
Well i spose it's kinda like saying why the heck would they give Luxord cards to use or something or rather.

I can only use my brain lol, to think that they wanted something that flows like water does, therefore chose a sitar

Being the "Melodious Nocturne" I'd assume his personality is his passion for the musical and performing arts, wielding a Sitar and commanding Dancer Nobody's. So yeah, we could assume before becoming a Nobody he simply had a passion for music?

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
I think, in some way, the hair was also meant to hint at the 70's and 80's style Rock singers too.

XShadowSoraX

Yes I Understand That But A Sitar .. I never Even Knew What A Sitar Was Till I Played This .. But Thats Cause I Only Litsen To Music And Play Piano I Dont Play Anything Else Lol

Herumaru

I don't think that they "gave" it to Demyx...I think it is just his primary weapon.If they were to give it to him then someone must've created the sitar.Maybe that geek Vexen T_T

CtR

Yes I Understand That But A Sitar .. I never Even Knew What A Sitar Was Till I Played This .. But Thats Cause I Only Litsen To Music And Play Piano I Dont Play Anything Else Lol

It isn't the games fault that you are quite close minded with regards to musical instruments xD

Demyx is a musician xD so naturally his weapon will be a musical instrument, he can hardly have something like a piano though can he *tries to imagine him attacking Sora with a piano* xD

It needed to be something which could be viewed as musical but practical >.> a guitar would be cliched IMO, plus a sitar reflects the asian aspect that can be seen on some levels in the majority of Square games. Plus the shape and style is easier to manipulate to reflect the Organisations symbol :3

Though I am probably looking way too much into it >.> and it is actually something really simple like the designer just liked sitars D:

XShadowSoraX

Lmao Oh yeah You Are Kinda Right About the Piano Thing Lmao
And Naa Yo uAint Going Too Much Into It I Actually Understand You Answred My question lol

Retha Realta

i knew about sitars from moulin rouge lol.

when i first saw demyx with it, my frist thought was that of sonic:underground, a program i watched when i was younger.it had three hedghogs using instruments as weapons, and breaking out into at least one cheesy song every episode XD

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥
Why In The World Would They Give Demyx A Sitar As A Weapon :closedeyes:

Because Nomura came up with the idea, duh.

No seriously, with 13 members of an Organization, all in need of a unique weapon, it's not all that far-fetched that Nomura would come up with something like that.

He couldn't have given all of them just any medieval weapons like swords, daggers or spears. Getting in some stereotypes like musicians or gamblers (with tools that can theoretically be used for fighting) to offer a bit of a bigger variety of unique characters is a natural thing, I guess.

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards

I clicked on the link for "Sitar in Popular Music", and they mention Demyx! Check it out:

Sitar in popular music - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They say that his might be electric, but how he manages that with his water element I'll never know.

I don't know why they picked a sitar for him, but I like that his weapon is a musical instrument. Like Lenny264 just pointed out, it's different from the typical swords, spears, etc.

Akans

「moriya」
In the Playstation 2 video game Kingdom Hearts II, the Organization XIII boss, Demyx, wields a sitar (possibly electric) as well as the element of water.
Err..... Someone go edit that...

But he would be great wielding a flute or something.

*Bashes Sora with a flute*
Sora: Oi! Stop that!
*Bash-Bash-Bashbashbashbash*

Awards
No no no, you're asking the wrong question here. The REAL question is:
Why WOULDN'T they give him a Sitar?

I'll leave someone else to answer that, Ima too sleepy.

Szayel Aporro

didn't i leave
Website
axecrazyyandere.tumblr.com
lol.
Sitar's are awesome.
I mean-it's huge for him... like he's tiny and that thing is like BOWOAH!!!
Bowoah... I just made a new word.
But I would've perfered a Chello. Those things make nice noises. :D
Guitars would be too plain.
GO DEMYX-YOU ROCK THAT BOWIE HAIR DO!

Essence of Elegy

How long shall you delve into time?
Awards
Personally, I think the Sitar is an awesome weapon. Go Demyx, even though he sucks at playing it.

MarluxiaNo11

Awards
The Sitar Is A Very Good Weapon
- Its Unusual.
- Its Sort Of Like the org XIII Symbol
- Its Just Awesome =]

So yeah thats your question answered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back