• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Demos?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
So dream drop distance had a demo release in the Nintendo store prior to the games release. That's been the only KH game to do that. But it's also been the only "new" KH game to release on a console with the capabilities of a downloadable demo (I could be wrong about the psp with birth by sleep having the possibility of having one).

My question is, since 2.8 is mostly new content and already has a demo made, and 3 will be new and a huge jump for the series, do you think these will have downloadable demos on the PSN/Xbox live? Maybe KH3s demo could be like FFXV where is separate from the game, but gives a good taste. I know 0.2 is already a "demo" for KH3, but there will be differences. It's all just a thought

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
DDD isn't the first one to be capable of having a demo, it is just the first one that did have a demo. BBS easily could have had a demo, but there just wasn't one.

A demo for KH3? I think it's possible. A demo for 2.8 though? I highly doubt it. The content in 2.8 is barely even enough to really justify the $60 price it has, so I highly doubt Square would want to release a public demo of something like BBS 0.2 when the "game" is probably only going to be a few hours worth of gameplay.

I think there could be a demo for KH3 though. Actually I could see it happening just as a marketing plow to the players who haven't payed attention to the KH series since KH2 and suddenly they'll see that in the Playstation Store and go, "Oh wow, Kingdom Hearts? Man, those were the days when I played that on the PS2!"

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
well i could see another DDD demo although that would be superfluous af, as for III, 0.2 is basically a III demo.

then again its closer to BbS than III is so who the hell knows

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
A demo would leave old casual fans with a bad taste in their mouth. They want SDG, a linear narrative, and classic Disney fun.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
A demo would leave old casual fans with a bad taste in their mouth. They want SDG, a linear narrative, and classic Disney fun.

i dont see your logic here, like, at all dude.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

contrarian-investing.jpg

Ven_Roxas

Awards
I guess I'm more or less curious if you all think they'll release the 2.8 demo (even if it's just the DDD portion of it) since they already have it made? I can understand not releasing the 0.2 part since it's a decent chunk of a short game. But if it's already made, why not share it?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Then maybe "old casual fans" would need to finally take their nostalgia goggles off and face the reality that this franchise has moved beyond the old core formula introduced in KH 1.
A majority of fans (especially those who also attend events and create fanworks) are more often than not more interested in the overall story (despite its clunikiness and shitty presentation) and the original characters to different extents so just whipping out the old dusted formula for KH III, especially a narrow SDG-only focus won't be enough.
KH II already had this problem big time when one comes to realize how much interesting and important stuff happened entirely behind the scenes because the focus was glued to SDG for 99% of the time.

Nailed it *ggg*.

But seriously, when I scour through the net the most fanworks I find regarding KH are of the original characters and the ff cameos, essays over some story aspects/character interpretations et cetera. Disney characters apart from Yen Sid and Mickey are rarely depicted, even the TWEWY characters get featured more often despite only appearing in one title so far.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
look. as much as i love the disney and the story, in the end, i'm here for the gameplay. the tight and responsive unique and fast-paced action RPG combat with amazing music in the background.

you give people unfamiliar with the franchise a demo, just a taste of KH, and they'll surely get some fans. epic mickey is proof that atmosphere can only carry a game so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back