• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Demon's Souls

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Oh man, Jesus Christ.

I've got World 4 to Pure Black Tendency. On top of that, I'm running around with Ring of Avarice, Silver Bracelets (yeah I made a female character just to reap that small benefit D:), and Soul Thirst cast. Currently butchering Storm Beasts in 4-4 and absolutely raking in the Souls right now. Damn I wish I had done this on previous playthroughs.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Except I was raking in 40000 or so, sometimes in just thirty seconds. I think I cleared the area quickly enough each time to never spend a minute there.

To my absolute delight, I have discovered the Meat Cleaver. Oh God I wish I had higher defence to just run around swinging with that all day. Alternatively, equip a Regenerator's Ring and upgraded Adjudicator's Shield in conjunction with the Meat Cleaver, and I reckon how much health or defence I've got might become irrelevant.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
1x1td.gif

Star

How do you beat Armored Spider? I can't beat him at all, even when I get close, he instantly kills me eventually when he's charging his flame breath attack. I can't seem to evade it at all since there isn't much room for me to avoid. I'm a soldier.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
How do you beat Armored Spider? I can't beat him at all, even when I get close, he instantly kills me eventually when he's charging his flame breath attack. I can't seem to evade it at all since there isn't much room for me to avoid. I'm a soldier.
Pick up the Purple Flame Shield from where the Blue Dragon rests and where the Red Dragon will have departed. Also get ahold of a ring of flame resistance to help you.

Or follow some of the things here:
Armor Spider - Demon's Souls English Wiki

Star

Thank you. I just beat him. Now it's flame lurker who's giving me headaches lol. But it's a very fun game.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Pretty much the same rule of thumb for the fireproof gear applies.
Also something to enhance your weapons would be good.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
I bought this game today. I'd played it before but holy shit, jumping right in it was different. I did as I asked like a few months ago thinking I'd buy it, but chose Royal like you guys said. Spent 4 hours doing 1-1 til I gave up and did a walkthrough to finish. And you know, in all honesty, glad I spent so long. I got a much better understanding of the game this way.
Soul Arrow is loovely.
And a quick question I'll probably have answered before anybody posts, are the numbers really correlated to difficulty? Like would 5-1 be easier than 5-2, and would 1-1 be easier than 2-1?

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
World 4 - Shrine of Storms - is the hardest. For your own benefit, fight through it all in Soul Form so there's no risk of shifting your World Tendency towards Pure Black. It might be a struggle, but it's easier than having the world shift towards Black Tendency. Mind you, once you've beaten the final boss of the Shrine of Storms, his arena makes a fantastic spot to grind Souls, so after that stage, reduce the world to Black Tendency as much as you want.
However, world tendency carries over, and you don't want to be playing New Game+ Shrine of Storms at Pure Black, so when you know you're never returning to the world again, find and kill the Primeval Demon there. It'll bump World Tendency back up to the middle or thereabouts, making things less dangerous for the next playthrough.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
That really had nothing to do with my question, but you indirectly answered it, so thanks. and I got a bit more off of that. yaay.
I also love how much freedom you're given in this, holy shit. You can choose whether to kill NPCs or not that are important. Made me feel really happy but then also mega cautious about it later on.

αsiя

space coke
Each world has a different type of difficulty than the other. For example, if you have poor magic defense then you can slaughtered in world 3-1, and if you have low fire defense then you might have trouble in 2-1/2-2. Also the levels gets harder as you progressed but your character will eventually get stronger depending on what build/stats you're using.

Yea you can kill everybody except for the Maiden and the Monumental. But I wouldn't go killing around NPC's just because you feel like being bad If you have PBCT and has killed Yurt the Silent Chief, then you'll unlock Mephistopheles and she'll give you quests to go kill a certain NPC and give you a reward for doing it, but I recommend doing this right before you're about to move to a new game

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
Yeah, I slaughtered the Knight dude in 1-1 my first round. I'm not sure if it was smart or not to do that, but I found the area to use the key at and did and died. Got my bloodstain and ran the fuck out of there, knowing better now.

αsiя

space coke
If I were I wouldn't of done that. The knight dude is Ostrava (I'm going on the limb here that this is the guy you killed, the one that needed help and was on that ledge) and he gives you some cool stuff later on in the game. If you kill him all you get is the keys to where Old King Doran resides (I'm guessing here is where you died.) You can challenge him and if you take down at least 25% - 50% of his life then he'll note you was a mighty warrior and let you have the Demonbrandt, which will probably be the strongest sword for you right now. Later on it can be made to a much stronger sword. Either way killing Ostrava won't have any effect on getting the sword, but it will have an effect on your Character Tendency. By killing him, you just went down, which iirc it lowers your health. Also you lost the chance of getting a Pure Clearstone which is key item to trying to upgrade a weapon to it's max, and for trying to get a trophy.

But for right now those things probably won't matter for you since you are just beginning the game and still trying to figure out how the game works. On my fourth playthrough and I still don't get how everything works. The game is just great like that.

Either way in new game+ you'll able to fix your mistakes. But a word of advice, when you do finally reach new game+, be prepared, fully prepared. You may have felt like a badass in your first playthrough because you were killing some of the strongest enemies in one kill, but once you reach new game+, that shit rapes you hard. Of course it all really just takes patience.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
Yeah, it was Ostrava.
Also beat Tower Knight last night. Easy stuff, just had to sit on the ledges where the arches were and cast Soul Arrow every time he was charging his death beam lance thing.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
I think this is a tactic similar to what Square Ninja called 'gaying an enemy to death'. It still works, though. Dohoho, if you like that strategy, wait until you get the White Bow, Clever Rat's Ring and Morion Blade. The former is probably the most powerful bow in the game, and the latter two boost your attack power when you're at

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Does the game count your time in stand-by?
Because I have 63hrs. and 3 Badges, and I'lm going owowowow, cause that ain't possible otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back