• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Demon's Souls

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Siren

brutally homeless and fluffy
Awards
re: Demon's Souls - "Y'all Slayers postin' in a Maneater thread!"

Alright. I'll give the lowdown on stats later, but right now my setup is:

Falchion +3
Compound Short Bow +3 (occasionally light crossbow if I don't feel like wasting arrows, or winged spear +2 for piercing)
-Arrow x#
Wooden Catalyst
Adjudicator's/Soldier's Shield
Chain Mail
Chain Gloves
Hard Leather Boots
Fresh Spice
Full Moon Grass
Late Moon Grass
Crescent Moon Grass
x (usually turpentine, occasionally firebomb/soul remains/throwing knife)
Flame Toss
Soul Arrow

I've beaten 1-1, 1-2, 2-1, 4-1, and 5-1. Also killed Vanguard and the Red Dragon for the optional bosses. I admit to having a blue phantom help with 1-2 (after killing the dragon and clearing out all enemies; he just helped with the Tower Knight), 4-1, and 5-1 but I figure that's the reason why they made blue phantoms.

Trying to decide what to take on next, thinking probably 2-2 because holy fluff I hate Tower of Latria.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com

Stopped playing guts mode because I can't remember how I ever got enought ephemeral eye stones to get perfect black (then perfect white) tendecy by 2-1

scirvir likes to jump off that ledge

Siren

Awards

Made it through 2-2 to the elevator with like 15k souls that I didn't want to lose so I headed back, tried 4-2 and got killed at some point, tried 3-1 made it to where I could see Freke's cell and walked forward a bit, fell and YOU DIED.

Taking a break for a little bit, probably going to complete 2-2. Oh, and kill Miralda; she managed to kill me twice, I need better equipment =/

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards

Finally at the stage in Shrine of Storms where I can fight between the Adjudicator's Archstone and before the Old Hero battle, gaining enough Souls to gain a level each time. It's awesome, but I'm still not at Pure Black World Tendency, and every time I try something that should drop my world tendency, it doesn't go down. Help?

Siren

Awards

Are they still running the event where the worlds have white tendency?

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

Are they still running the event where the worlds have white tendency?

I hope so, I read about it a while agoa and last year it was 10-15 february. The name was Black Valentine, sounds like it could be every year till the servers are closed. anyway, I'm from EU so I couldn't be a part of it last year. Really hope it comes back

edit: http://www.demons-souls.com/vday.php have that been there for a year or is it new?

αsiя

space coke

I'm new to the game but I'm loving it so far. The multiplayer is the best and most different multiplayer I ever witnessed, although it gets annoying when the game says I'm connected to the servers but once I start playing I'm in offline mode, probably my shitty internet but it still gets irritating.

Btw what is this white world tendency event thing?

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com

I really only play offline since I have no connection so I know little about events

This thread will be lost in a sea of piss otherwise

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards

I don't bother with going online because there is close-to-no-one around on the Australian servers, and actually going on the servers forces my World Tendency to that of most others on the server, and in the instance of Shrine of Storms, that lifts my intentionally-gained PBWT.

(I won't let this die D:)

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards

So I've played this game a few times with friends, but never really went full on. I just ordered it from best buy today since it was pretty enjoyable. Any tips beforehand?

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards

So I've played this game a few times with friends, but never really went full on. I just ordered it from best buy today since it was pretty enjoyable. Any tips beforehand?
Until you know how every enemy works, treat any new encounters like they could kill you in a single shot, so dodge around a lot.
Royalty is a good starting class.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards

Yeah I'd heard to start either with Royalty or Soldier. Was also told not to choose knight since it's more of an advanced class to start with.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com

Knights start with solid equipment and can get magic/miracles easier than the other melee classes

Siren

Awards
Yeah, Knight actually seemed like the game's 'easy' mode, so far as starting classes went. I chose Wanderer and while it's frustrating with the armor, you eventually get better sets (currently running the black leather set found in latria, oh yeah). Thinking of porting my save over to my PS3 from the family's PS3, but I'm not sure.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
i started my first game as a royal and i could one-shot most of everything with soul arrow plus MP regen

Even the red-eyed lance fluffer on 1-1 is easy if you keep your distance and spam it

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Spells like soul arrow are ridiculously overpowered considering how safe you are with them

Someone posted a ridiculously fast speed run with a royal slinging soul arrow around and avoiding a lot of combat awhile back

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Even the red-eyed lance fluffer on 1-1 is easy if you keep your distance and spam it
Considering you get roughly 2000 souls even on Pure White World Tendency, doing that on top of just running through the entirety of 1-1 and the first bit of 1-2 netted a fair bit of Souls for a while.
Someone posted a ridiculously fast speed run with a royal slinging soul arrow around and avoiding a lot of combat awhile back
I recall it was around an hour and a half?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back