• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Demon's Souls

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
re: Demon's Souls - "Y'all Slayers postin' in a Maneater thread!"

Saw that this game was $20 at gamestop and immediately bought it. Started as a Wanderer, got killed by some motherfucker with a huge hammer (Vanguard?) so I was sent to the Nexus. Made my way through the first level to the bridge where a million enemies are, ran like crazy, and still got killed. Put it away for now, but I'm wondering if I made a bad choice of class?

I generally prefer to run really balanced characters; I want to hold my own in melee, but some decent magic+bow skills are a must. Should I go Hunter, stick with Wanderer, or que?

chances are you were on the dragon bridge best thing to do is lure the dragon out to fry them all then pull some one at a time and run past the crossbowmen

knights are the most balanced class there is to begin with, solid melee that can get magic or miracles early on. royals are actually very good from the start despite being at soul level 1, soul arrow is an insanely good spell early on and their rings regenerate mp. either way if you're not careful you'll die regardless of character class

Siren

brutally homeless and fluffy
Awards

Yeah, I know that the game can be pretty brutal. Thinking of making a Royalty/Hunter character so that I can have a bow at the beginning, but I'm not sure. Wanderers have insane luck, which can be handy for finding good items. =/

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com

Yeah, I know that the game can be pretty brutal. Thinking of making a Royalty/Hunter character so that I can have a bow at the beginning, but I'm not sure. Wanderers have insane luck, which can be handy for finding good items. =/

wanderers are solid thanks to a great starting weapon, but the increased drop rate is only due to a high luck stat initially there are much better ways to improve drop rates later on in the game

Siren

Awards

Played for another hour today. Still on 1-1, but I'm right before the big bridge of enemies with the Cling Ring, 2000 souls, and some other decent stuff. Debating running back to the vendor and buying a crossbow.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards

Though slower, bows are preferable to crossbows in that you're able to zoom in with them, unlike crossbows, which can only lock on. Plus, bows have a great deal more variety in terms of arrows, in comparison to the three/four types of crossbow bolts.

Also, even though it's a tad late:

threadrevived.png

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com

crossbow shots also take forever to recover from considering you have to be in lock-on range and standing still to shoot

only started using crossbows recently as i am trying guts mode

Siren

Awards

Beat Phalanx; had more troubles (i.e. still haven't killed) with the Red Eye Knight. =/

At the goddamn Nexus and I looked away during the cutscene, keep trying to find the monumental but all I end up getting to is the Pantheon.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards

When you reach the top, look to your left. Afterward just keep going until you reach the top of the first set of stairs, then turn right (or left i can't remember), the one with a candle still lit is the one you're looking for. Also, you don't really have to kill Red Eyed Knight, it will take a while before you're able to and all there is after him is a room with the Old King who is even tougher than the Red Eyed Knight.

Haven't played this in a while, probably going to start playing again with a new character.

Siren

Awards

Yeah, I found the little bastard a while ago; I had run past the damn thing probably seven or eight times.

Trying to figure out which area I want to go to next; I lost a good 2700 souls from falling when I was pissed at the Nexus so everything's about where I'd started off. Suggestions?

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com

yeah stop sucking

the red eyed knight is an enemy you'd have a fair fight against at around soul level 30

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards

Or if you can spam ranged attacks and get out of his detection field.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards

Just saying if you're REALLY wanting to beat him. Personally I just run up to him, use a power attack with the Dragon Bone Smasher and he's basically dead.

Siren

Awards

Made it a bit farther. Went to the trouble of rescuing Ostrava, and then dropping down to get the Thief's Ring. Made it through 1-2 to the end of the long-ass 'road' where crossbowmen and a Blue-Eye Knight were, and then I was killed. =/

Levelled up Strength, Endurance, Vitality, and Magic the tiniest bit. Thinking about soul-farming in 1-1 until I can level some more stuff up/buy plate/get a fuckton more arrows (I have 33) so that I can kill the Red Dragon.

Awards
Website
sites.google.com

So guys, I just went through the penetrator (lol) boss fight, and managed to keep biorr alive. Apparently (according to the wiki at least) if this happens, the dregling on 1-3 is supposed to sell his brushwood armor. However, I just talked to the guy, and he's still selling the same ole' plate stuff. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem, or if I'm just doing something wrong.

thanks guys.

edit: nevermind everyone, I just decided to forget that whole plan, go kill miralda, get the ring of herculean strength, and pick it up at the bottom of miralda's tower. I was worried about fighting her at first, but that was really unfounded, because I only had to parry one attack to finish her off with a combo.

oh well. If anyone knows about the dregling thing, I'm still curious, but it's not really necessary that I know anymore.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards

edit: nevermind everyone, I just decided to forget that whole plan, go kill miralda, get the ring of herculean strength, and pick it up at the bottom of miralda's tower.
I didn't bother with the ring, I just stripped my character's equipment and items until she was half-naked and light enough to carry the full Brushwood set lol.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards

Going to get Shrine of Storms to Pure Black World Tendency as soon as I've beaten the Adjudicator.

It's to reap the benefits of more Souls and drops, yes - doesn't change the fact I must be half-insane to contemplate making the arguably-hardest level even more difficult.

Siren

Awards

Got to the Armour Spider yesterday, before that I'd made my Falchion +3 and my Winged Spear +1. Dumbass me thought that using Flame Toss was smart, and for whatever reason I'd hit the left arrow over and didn't have anything equipped so I was 'wtf'ing. Needless to say I got killed, so I went and remembered Soul Arrow instead and I'm going to take another crack at it.

Note that this is after I lost 3.5K souls to a trap in 4-1. ffffffff

Also fucking knights my little brother's playing as a knight and you don't have to be nearly as careful as a wanderer :mad:

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards

I use the Ring of Herculean Strength to wield the Dragonbone Smasher in one hand as well as have a full set of Yurt's Gloom Armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back