• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Demon's Souls

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
re: Demon's Souls - "Y'all Slayers postin' in a Maneater thread!"

Ugh I can't wait to get a new PS3 so I can play this...

493pokemon1

Florida,USA, North America,Earth, Solar System, Mi

So guys, recently, my armor has become really heavy. I can't roll for anything anymore, but I need the defense so I can stand up to the demons.

I was just wondering, what armor do you guys recommend for lighter wear? As in, armor for thieves, wanderers, etc. Or, is it more worth it to have all of the extra defence?
Take off enough armor to be able to roll fast, and replace those pathes with lighter armors, like assassins clothes

how far are you into the game? Old king Dorans Armor is the has the best mobillity:defence ratio

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com

So guys, recently, my armor has become really heavy. I can't roll for anything anymore, but I need the defense so I can stand up to the demons.

I was just wondering, what armor do you guys recommend for lighter wear? As in, armor for thieves, wanderers, etc. Or, is it more worth it to have all of the extra defence?

I'm working on raising my stamina, but it's gonna be awhile before I can get it high enough to be mobile again.

I love the heavy armor setups and going toe-to-toe with enemies, and yes you can still roll you just have to time it well

it's also why I don't like ng+, it basically forces you to play the same way every time you reach that point since armor doesn't scale up for whatever reason

Awards
Website
sites.google.com

Take off enough armor to be able to roll fast, and replace those pathes with lighter armors, like assassins clothes

how far are you into the game? Old king Dorans Armor is the has the best mobillity:defence ratio

Thanks for the tip, I may go for Doran's Armor. But that will probably be later, because I just got the Blueblood sword (on which my character's build is based around), so I need to get some basic stats up, and then I need to start pumping luck so I can dish out some damage. I'm around SL 50 at this point, I'm probably going to way until I'm in the 80-90 range to take on Doran.

I love the heavy armor setups and going toe-to-toe with enemies, and yes you can still roll you just have to time it well

it's also why I don't like ng+, it basically forces you to play the same way every time you reach that point since armor doesn't scale up for whatever reason

In all honesty, I don't tend to roll that much. It's just when I do, I like to be mobile.

But I agree, I was definitely sad when I found out you could upgrade weapons and shields, but not armor.

The Jordan

Bronze Member
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com

I've had this game a while now and it still breaks my balls. I've mainly used the Gloom Armour so far. It's not tremendously heavy and the extra resistances are very comforting to me.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards

Started playing this game again recently, been mostly helping other people. That's basically how I grind, so when I revive, I kill myself in the Nexus and help another person. That is until I get soulsucker and beat 4-2.

It's a NG+ and so far I've beaten 1-1, 1-2, all of 2, 3-1, 3-2, and 4-1

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com

I've had this game a while now and it still breaks my balls. I've mainly used the Gloom Armour so far. It's not tremendously heavy and the extra resistances are very comforting to me.

Gloom set is what I see the majority of players wear in the videos I've seen. It's a decent midgame set with solid defense and plague and poison resistances. That said unless you pump lots of points into endurance you'll probably be heavy with it anyway. That's why I upgraded to Dark Silver. Haven't made a character that could even feasibly wear the Brushwood set yet. That's the other set I uually see players wearing. Then again I haven't played online in forever.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards

The Monk's Head Wrappings are fun to wear against non-magical enemies, simply because they look so ridiculous, haha.

╬ProperArtist╬

Instantly Classic
Awards
Website
the13thmember.deviantart.com

I never really worried about armor at all after my first playthrough considering in later NG+s it becomes pretty useless.
Man my next go round in this once I get my ps3 fixed is gonna be a full Dexterity build. The amount of damage you do with a Tearing Uchikatana w/ 99 Dex. is unbelievable, even more so if you dual wield them. Also it makes your Sticky Compound Long Bow just insanely effective against anything not to mention coupling that with Morion Blade & Clever Rats ring just makes your damage that much more godly.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com

╬ProperArtist╬;5230891 said:
I never really worried about armor at all after my first playthrough considering in later NG+s it becomes pretty useless.

And this is why ng+ is gay

╬ProperArtist╬

Instantly Classic
Awards
Website
the13thmember.deviantart.com

In NG+ and beyond the only thing you need to worry about in replacement for your armor is Warding or Once More/Second Chance that and start focusing solely on your weapons and build your characters around them for more power.
It generally takes a couple of playthroughs to know exactly what type of character build you want and how exactly to make them godly.

The Jordan

Bronze Member
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com

Gloom set is what I see the majority of players wear in the videos I've seen. It's a decent midgame set with solid defense and plague and poison resistances. That said unless you pump lots of points into endurance you'll probably be heavy with it anyway. That's why I upgraded to Dark Silver. Haven't made a character that could even feasibly wear the Brushwood set yet. That's the other set I uually see players wearing. Then again I haven't played online in forever.

I spent ages so I could equip Gloom set without going over 50% equip capacity. I'm very happy with it though. Mainly raising my Dex now. I love fighting with a shield and Rapier.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com

╬ProperArtist╬;5231899 said:
In NG+ and beyond the only thing you need to worry about in replacement for your armor is Warding or Once More/Second Chance that and start focusing solely on your weapons and build your characters around them for more power.
It generally takes a couple of playthroughs to know exactly what type of character build you want and how exactly to make them godly.

Yeah it forces you to play the same way with everyone. The initial choice between wearing heavy armor at the cost of mobility was part of what mad ethe game so interesting. Taking this choice away is a detriment to the game.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com

if i could play online it would give me much more incentive to play due to pvp

have heard some horror stories about lag backstabs though

The Jordan

Bronze Member
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com

I did the funniest backstab earlier. Black Phantom invaded and chased me off a small cliff. I landed fine. He ran off the same cliff and landed in front of me. I grabbed the chance to backstab and it imediately killed him. Must have had really low defence.

Siren

brutally homeless and fluffy
Awards

Saw that this game was $20 at gamestop and immediately bought it. Started as a Wanderer, got killed by some motherfucker with a huge hammer (Vanguard?) so I was sent to the Nexus. Made my way through the first level to the bridge where a million enemies are, ran like crazy, and still got killed. Put it away for now, but I'm wondering if I made a bad choice of class?

I generally prefer to run really balanced characters; I want to hold my own in melee, but some decent magic+bow skills are a must. Should I go Hunter, stick with Wanderer, or que?

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards

Getting this game tomorrow hopefully. Played it a million times with my friend though. And I can for the most part say, it's just that this game is pretty damn hard.

Awards

This game is not for the faint at heart.... Or those that suck at video games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back