• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Demon's Souls

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
re: Demon's Souls - "Y'all Slayers postin' in a Maneater thread!"

I never did bother with parrying, I either block or move out of the way.

493pokemon1

Florida,USA, North America,Earth, Solar System, Mi

OK ive had this game for a while and am stuck in 2-2 NG+ how do I beat it? Ive helped my friend kill it but when he helps me we fail. In my first playthrough he was easy but now I cant kill him and I need Ed to upgrade my weapons

Dcasd1

hey guys thinking about getting demon soul's tomorrow. is it good?

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards

yeah man you should probably get it

╬ProperArtist╬

Instantly Classic
Awards
Website
the13thmember.deviantart.com

OK ive had this game for a while and am stuck in 2-2 NG+ how do I beat it? Ive helped my friend kill it but when he helps me we fail. In my first playthrough he was easy but now I cant kill him and I need Ed to upgrade my weapons

If you're a magic user than you could try spamming Soul Ray or Soul Arrow on him and Water Veil works very well against Flamelurker.
The purple flame shield + Flame resistance ring may help you reduce the amount of damage you take although I've never seen the reasoning in even needing a shield in that fight considering you need to be dodging to the side at which time you'd need to be more offensive than defensive but hey whatever works.

If you haven't really been upgrading your weapons up until this point in them game then you're going to want to probably do that now at either Ed or the blacksmith in 2-1.

Macabre

Gold Member

hey guys thinking about getting demon soul's tomorrow. is it good?
no, it's not good

it's f*cking epic

Dcasd1

lol thank god u scared me for a sec till i read the lower part

how do u play with other players? it is co-op right?

it's f*cking epic[/QUOTE]

Macabre

Gold Member

how do u play with other players? it is co-op right?
It's got online co-op. You team up with two other players.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards

2 Blue phantoms, 1 Black phantom along with the alive player makes 4.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards

Out of curiousity, is the storyline for this game passably good? As good as this game appears, it's near impossible for me to enjoy a game if the story writing isn't at least decent...

Dcasd1

well theres a sale at gamestop where i am an they're selling it for $30

Awards
Website
sites.google.com

Out of curiousity, is the storyline for this game passably good? As good as this game appears, it's near impossible for me to enjoy a game if the story writing isn't at least decent...

I don't think it's necessarily bad, I mean it's the typical "go save the country, you're the only one who can do it" kinda game. I personally like the storyline, and there are some pretty intricate pieces woven into the plot. But for the most part, the storyline isn't really there. You just fight a lot of demons.

But it's still a great game, and I love it. The storyline is definitely good where it's existent, but the gameplay is so great you don't have to worry about it.

Guys, I've been playing this game for awhile, and I love it. The world's are wonderfully designed, and I love the combat system so much. I've been running around gathering materials for the blueblood sword (the wanderer class just struck me as awesome, and lo and behold, one of the more popular guides is made for the wanderer), and I've just enjoyed the hell out of it. Dying is painful, but that's just part of the game.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com

There most certainly is a story in Demon's Souls, but it's delivered in such a subtle way that most players are too vapid to pick up on it. The way the story unfolds is a lot like the first metroid prime wherein the player must actively seek out the story as opposed to the typical spoon-feeding style of pretty much every other game out there.

wii.red24

demon souls is one of the hardest rpgs i have ever played in my life ilke if u get one thing wrong ur pretty much forced to go back and do it all over again

Awards
Website
sites.google.com

There most certainly is a story in Demon's Souls, but it's delivered in such a subtle way that most players are too vapid to pick up on it. The way the story unfolds is a lot like the first metroid prime wherein the player must actively seek out the story as opposed to the typical spoon-feeding style of pretty much every other game out there.

This explains it much better than I ever could. You don't necessarily need to interact with most of the NPCs to get through the story, but it's definitely a much more rewarding experience when you do.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com

A fair amount of content within the game can be passed up if you're unwilling to explore and do extra things beyond the necessary progression to simply get to the final boss. It makes the game that much harder though, because interacting with the npcs and black phantoms give you fantastic rewards both in terms of narrative and gameplay. Certainly Demon's Souls is a game you need to really invest yourself in before it truly pays off. It is very much worth it.

Awards
Website
sites.google.com

So guys, recently, my armor has become really heavy. I can't roll for anything anymore, but I need the defense so I can stand up to the demons.

I was just wondering, what armor do you guys recommend for lighter wear? As in, armor for thieves, wanderers, etc. Or, is it more worth it to have all of the extra defence?

I'm working on raising my stamina, but it's gonna be awhile before I can get it high enough to be mobile again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back