• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Demon's Souls

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hypoxium

stuff
Awards
5mea8w.png

Deep beneath the Nexus, the Old One has awakened. A mighty demon horde pours into Boletaria, devouring the souls of men. Called upon by a maiden in black, you go forth to lift the curse...

Demon's Souls is a real-time combat RPG set in a dark fantasy medieval Europe-inspired world, where you pick a class, create your own hero, and go around fighting a bunch of demons in order to claim their souls and free the land of Boletaria. It has an interesting online system in which you can see other people playing at the same time as you occasionally. You can also leave helpful messages for other players, or if someone dies in another game, you can touch their bloodstain to see how that person died in order to get hints. Players can also enter your game either to help you out or invade you.

This game is also difficult and will kick you in the balls, numerous times. Death in this game means losing all of your souls and starting at the very beginning of the level, with every enemy re-spawning. You get one chance to collect the souls you've lost, but once they're gone, you have to start all over. I should also mention that with every time you lose, the enemies will get harder and harder.

So MAN UP and play some Demon's Souls. firetruck you guys for not having a thread on this already.

Macabre

Gold Member
re: Demon's Souls - "Y'all Slayers postin' in a Maneater thread!"

Probably the best RPG of this gen.
I'm currently playing as a Knight. Soul Level 47.
Stats
Vitality - 11
Intelligence - 18
Endurance - 20
Strength - 23
Dexterity - 10
Magic - 27
Faith - 11
Luck - 7

Equipment: Fluted Armor set, Compound Short Bow 6+, Adjudicator's Shield, Crescent Falchion 3+, Silver Catalyst.

Oh, and I made a thread on this before. Can't find it through the search engine because the last post on it was before the new skin was made.

Hypoxium

stuff
Awards

Oh, and I made a thread on this before. Can't find it through the search engine because the last post on it was before the new skin was made.

I wasn't able to find any, a new one wouldn't hurt anyhow.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar

Haven't touched the game in a while because I've gotten busy but holy shit do I love this game.

It would do you well to become familiar with the Demon's Souls wiki, or you might not survive.

Macabre

Gold Member

So, what's the fastest way I can kill Old King Doran with what my character currently is equipped with?

Rings: Regenerator Ring, Thieves Ring
I also have the Cling Ring which I don't need, Ring of Flame Resistance, Clever Rat's Ring, Ring of Great Strength and Ring of Herculean Strength.

Magic: Soul Arrow, Warding

Agoraphobia

beautiful days
Awards

I just got this today. I got my ass handed to me by the first boss..Vanguard I think? I was foolish and tried getting a lot of hits in before he attacked again.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards

This game is just like MH; it's got two rules.

1) Don't get hit.
2) Hit it till it dies.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards

I agree, this game is hard. I should have read the manual before I jumped straight in.
Ok it's hard, but it's not so hard that you have to read the manual to get by. There's a full blown tutorial in the beginning that teaches you almost everything. Internet helps you with anything else you might need.

SamuelVimes

Just bought it a few days ago.
Love it very, very much - although I'm thinking of going from Temple Knight to Hunter class. Why? TOWER KNIGHT IS AN ASSHOLE, THAT'S WHY.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards

The game is great but I find that the difficulty can be exaggerated. If anything, patience is awarded over attacking recklessly.

That isn't to say that there aren't any difficult parts.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar

The game is great but I find that the difficulty can be exaggerated. If anything, patience is awarded over attacking recklessly.

That isn't to say that there aren't any difficult parts.

Yeah, like the boss that removes souls/levels from you with every successful attack.

That boss scares the poo out of me.

TOUCH THE DEMON INSIDE ME

SO THAT THE WORLD MIGHT BE MENDED.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards

/walking around peacefully

/SUDDENLY A MOTHERFUCKING DRAGON COMES OUT OF NOWHERE AND BLOWS FIRE ALL OVER THE BRIDGE I'M TRYING TO CROSS

THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT AH

/run across bridge

/get across

BD

/get killed by white knight

Zen

Silver Member
Awards

Yeah, like the boss that removes souls/levels from you with every successful attack.

That boss scares the poo out of me.

TOUCH THE DEMON INSIDE ME

SO THAT THE WORLD MIGHT BE MENDED.

Yeah, I was nervous when I went to fight him. I had read about him taking away soul levels before confronting him, so I was being extra careful to not lose them but by the time I defeated him, I lost about 5 soul levels in total. I actually fought him twice, once with just one blue phantom, who did jack poo to help me. All he did was run around, I guess he poo in his pants or something. For basically fighting him alone, I thought I was doing pretty well but of course it was not enough. Especially considering that he took away enough Endurance to make me move slow.

Oh how I was surprised when I fought the final boss, can't say it was to be expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back