• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Demon's Dance: Chapter 9

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
This is my first time writing a fanfiction like this, so it may come off as mediocre. But anyway, enjoy!

Demon's Dance: Chapter 1

When I was 8, a demon killed my parents. Sounds cliche right? Well, I wasn't the only one to experience it. Demons invaded the world. They killed and ate everything they could, and everyone was terrified of them. After I watched my parents become demon dinner, I was scared to death waiting for the demon to eat me next. I covered my eyes crying for help, and then there he was, the founder of a demon-hunting organization called Demon's Dance. He looked like a man in his mid-20s. He was much taller than me, he was about 6 feet. His eyes were crystal blue, and his hair was dirty blonde. While looking at me, he seems like a nice man, but when he slaughtered that one demon with his AR-15 rifle, he looked pretty deadly.

"It's okay... I got you. Are you alright, little one?" He asked. I took a few steps back, terrified. He puts down his gun and smiles, "I'm not going to hurt you. That demon nearly injured you, or worse," He said, "My name is Eric Ferland. I am the founder of a new organization named Demon's Dance. A demon also killed the people I love. But not to worry, from now on, I'll protect you. What is your name?"

"F-Fauna. My name is... Fauna." I said quietly.

Even after all this time, I'll never forget the look in his eyes. The difference in our strength. The weakness I felt. Crushing the remains of a demon beneath my feet and looking at the bodies of victims I was too late to save from it, I wonder if I've actually closed that gap in strength at all. I wonder if he would still look at me with that gaze full of pity.

After that, he took me in, trained me, and cared for me. I was happy to call him my father.

But this is a big day. I probably shouldn't think of such a sad moment.

"Uh, Fauna? Sweetie?" Eric asked. I opened my eyes.

"Sorry, father. I zoned out." I responded. He smiled again, "I don't blame you. Murdering the demon queen is completely inevitable to think about. But not to worry, all of this will be over soon." Eric said.

It was back a week ago when it happened. The hellish tyrant, Edith, had pushed her forces towards the western hemisphere last week. We had gathered 40 members to take her out, and I had been in that group. She attempted to kill Queen Lara, the ruler of the western hemisphere, and raid her castle first until our group had stopped her.

20 of our members had tried to shoot her, but she dodged them with inhuman speed. I cocked my gun and prepared to fight, and when I had pulled the trigger, I shot her. Did I really shoot her? I thought in my mind as she fell down on the ground. She was bleeding... she was dead. How did I kill her? She was dodging bullets from the others, but when I had shot her, I did it.

The demons had retreated, seeing their demon queen dead. We had won. And now we're here, celebrating.

"Still thinking about it?" Eric asked me once more.

"Yeah. Out of all the people in the world, why was I the one who had killed her?" I asked Eric.

"Because you're my daughter!" Eric joked.

I laughed and he laughed. I wish we could have funny times like this forever.

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Re: Demon's Dance

Great start for a first chapter! I'm dying to know what Fauna and Eric are celebrating together. And it's kind of sweet and adorable of Fauna to be considered a daughter to Eric after their history together of him saving her after so long ago. I'd love to see them interact more. Including why Fauna got a lucky hit to take down the Demon Queen Edith by herself! I imagine Fauna is really special. And I can't wait for more, Buffer! :D

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards

Thanks, everyone :) I'll be sure to finish the second chapter as much as I can.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards

I made chapter 2 a little too fast, so excuse me if it's too rushed. :)

Also, because of how fast chapter 2 got posted, it may take a few days for me to write another one.

Demon's Dance: Chapter 2

I was sitting there while those losers planned to kill her. Don't those idiots know? The demons queen is gone, so we're now free to make our own choices. Still shocking how one teenage girl managed to kill a powerful demon. Oh well, it's no longer my problem.

"Prince Blaze? Do you have any suggestions?" One of the demon queen's servants, Veplon, asked me.

"Yeah, we celebrate the wench's death and continue our work. We're free, after all." I said sarcastically.

"Prince Blaze, your mother is dead. We don't know how we'll invade the western hemisphere now." He said.

"How about we disguise Princey boy here as a human to kill the woman who eliminated his mother, eh?" Another servant, Lumur, asked.

"You're high. There's no way in hell I am doing that," I told them, "Why can't you guys do it?" I asked them.

"We're not a half human and half demon hybrid." They both said at the same time.

The queen is dead, why can't they just devour me? I am half human after all. I'd actually rather be dead than to stay in this awful place. The Underworld is a dark, dirty place for savages like us. Or them. My father was a kind soul who learned to love a demon, then after seeing her true colors, he became a coward and feared her. My mom was gonna announce her pregnancy, but when she went to find him, she never did. I never knew much behind that stupid story and hell, maybe I am still curious, but it's ages old. But my father wasn't the first human to fear a demon. All humans were. Not even a surprise, we are pretty scary as hell.

Veplon and Lumur looked at me, wondering what I was thinking.

"What the hell are you guys looking at?" I asked them with a sour look.Those two turned around and continued discussing a plan. I didn't bother hearing any of it. I went to my chamber, laying on my bed, bored. I'm wondering if there's anything to do in my life anymore. I heard a knock on my chamber. Who is it this time? Better not be Veplon again. I opened the door, not expecting anyone special. The person who came in was one of the demon warriors, and I unfortunately can't remember what her name even was.

"Uh, hello, whoever you were again. What brings you here?" I asked her.

"Prince Blaze, we messaged you multiple times that we're lacking a compelling plan to invade the west. We need you to help us, please." She begged to me.

"As I said to Veplon and Lumur, I am not participating in any plan to invade the west. I would rather do something that doesn't bore me." I told her. I was starting to get irritated, if I had to hear one more person asking me to be dragged into their plans, I would probably leave this place. But it's not like I have anywhere else to go.

"But, your Highness. Won't it be fun to leave the Underworld?" The demon warrior said to me. I raised an eyebrow. What is she trying to say? What is she up to? Did Veplon sent her down here to convince? Maybe I'm thinking too much. Just what is she trying to go with this?

"Uh, what do you mean?" I asked her.

"Your mother is gone. You did say you are free to make your own choices." She said. Aha, so Veplon did send her down here. He should realize by now that I'm not an idiot. I waited until she said, "And I'm sure you realized now that Veplon sent me down here. It may sound stupid to you, Prince, but disguising yourself as a human to kill the woman who murdered your mother isn't a bad idea. You can spy on that organization, Demon's Dance, see their secrets, and find their locations. You wouldn't want to do that, would you? But there's more. You can also befriend the woman who murdered your mother, and find out her secrets as well. You should have to know your opponent before killing them." She told me.

She was right, learning the secrets of the organization is boring, but getting to know the woman who killed my mom? That is sort of interesting. I waited for her to finish.

"And once this is all over, you can go back to your old life. Nobody will bother you anymore. We will handle the rest. But you are a human and demon hybrid, you are the only one who can do this." She said once more. This idea isn't too bad, maybe I can have a little fun once in a while. Should I go with this plan? I should, but I'll have to think about it.

"Thank you, uh... Your name?" I told her.

"It's Kesam." She told me.

"Yes, Kesam. I will think about this. You are now free to leave." I said to her, opening the door to let her out.

"Thank you, Prince Blaze." Kesam said to me, leaving the room with a smirk

My mother is gone, and it changes probably everything around here to the demons. Once I'm finished with this, I can go back to my old life. She said it like it was a promise, and I don't really see a reason to turn it down. I'm probably gonna do it, but I'll need more time to think.

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Re: Demon's Dance: Chapter 2

I feel somewhat bad for Prince Blaze. It almost sounds like he was kept prisoner in the Underworld before his mother was deceased. I sure do hope Prince Blaze isn't foolish enough to be manipulated by his lesser demons to do their bidding and dirty work to protect the Underworld from demon hunters. However, it seems that way thus far. I actually have a question! If Queen Edith is dead, does that mean she's permanently dead? It occurred to me now that it's possible she could come back through some form of means in the Underworld. Anyways, I can't wait to see how Prince Blaze does on the surface.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards

I feel somewhat bad for Prince Blaze. It almost sounds like he was kept prisoner in the Underworld before his mother was deceased. I sure do hope Prince Blaze isn't foolish enough to be manipulated by his lesser demons to do their bidding and dirty work to protect the Underworld from demon hunters. However, it seems that way thus far. I actually have a question! If Queen Edith is dead, does that mean she's permanently dead? It occurred to me now that it's possible she could come back through some form of means in the Underworld. Anyways, I can't wait to see how Prince Blaze does on the surface.
Hmm, it's possible she could come back in a much more savage form or she's really dead. I'll be sure to clear that up in later chapters. Thanks, Kitkat!

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

3/10 NEEDS MOAR DEATH!!!!!

Kidding.
Okay, we get a picture about both main characters so far. Like KitKat, I also wonder if the demon queen is gone for good. Both possibilities might turn out nice!

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards

lol Thanks Void.

Man, I felt so vague writing this. It might take me forever to explain A LOT of things. But anyway, enjoy this slow chapter!

Demon's Dance: Chapter 3

After Edith's death, Eric hosted a celebration at his house. He invited almost everyone in Demon's Dance and his house was enough to fit us all. There were food, drinks, music, and dancing. We finally get a break after hunting demons nonstop for years. A day where I don't have to carry my gun. It was the life.

As I went to get a drink, everyone was very kind to me, telling me how much they admire me about killing the demon queen. I felt very bad. How did I do it, really? What if I end up contradicting myself? If I complained about this to Eric, he would always tell me not to worry.

I sat down on a chair nearby, watching everyone dancing and celebrating, and a few moments later I spotted a friend of mine waving to me. Her name is Pepper, we've been friends for a long time. I haven't seen her in weeks since Edith's death. I wonder how she's doing.

Pepper quickly walked up to me and said, "Fauna! This is amazing."

"Pepper, long time no see! I'm glad you could make it." I responded.

"I'm surprised, really. Oh, how did you kill the demon queen?" Pepper asked me.

I paused for a moment, not knowing what to reply. I looked at two guys overhearing their conversation, and when they noticed I made eye contact, they walked up to me.

"Yes, Miss Ferland, how did you kill the demon queen? We heard stories that you just "shot" her but never found any details." One of the guys said to me.

"I, uh, I don't-" One of the guys interrupted me, "Don't be vague. Did you really kill the demon queen? Because everyone in this organization tried putting bullets through her chest for years, so I find it odd how one teenage girl was able to shoot her."

I felt unpleasant. I just wanted to run away. I didn't know what to say. I should've known something like this would happen and I'm not sure how long I can keep going through this unexpected situation. Pepper patted my back and confronted those two men saying, "Maybe she actually made an effort to kill the demon queen, probably unlike you two assholes. Strange or no, the queen is dead. Isn't that what matters?"

One of the two guys gave Pepper an irritated look and shouted to her, "Listen here, you little-" Eric broke up the argument, telling those two to leave. He pets my head, telling me not to worry about those two.

"Thank you, father." I said to him.

"Anything for my little girl." He said. Eric then went over to the food table, waving to me as he did so.

"Man, I never get jealousy. Those two guys can't see a hard worker when they meet one." Pepper mumbled to herself, "Are you okay, Fauna? Not upset by those two bastards again, are ya?"

"No, they're right. I don't know how I shot her and I don't know what to do. Is she really dead? I mean, it was just one bullet. Maybe she faked her death because there is no way I did that." I said very upset.

"Oh, I see what's going on here. You're stressed. You should go to your room. Staying here isn't gonna do you any good." Pepper suggested.

"Maybe, that's best." I said to her.

Pepper took me to my room, and went back to the celebration after I began laying down. I thought and thought about it some more. I killed a queen for crying out loud. Why am I like this? I kept asking myself the same question, was I capable of killing her? I'm not sure. I got under the covers, turned my lamp off, and started to close my eyes. Maybe I should find more answers or else I'll live through years asking myself more questions.

Anagram

Banned
Re: Demon's Dance: Chapter 3

Interesting. So she doesn't remember. ouo

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards

Fauna sure doesn't have it easy. I'm not entirely surprised she'd feel self doubt, because killing the queen is a big deal in the Demon Dance organization. Of course, it's nice to see Piper and Eric stand up for her. On the other hand, maybe it's beginners luck or something more mysterious that helped her kill Queen Edith? In the meantime, I hope Fauna gains some confidence in herself soon in other ways. Great chapter, Buffer! :D I eagerly look forward to more!

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Re: Demon's Dance: Chapter 3

Thanks, Kitkat! c:

My creativity is currently on limit. But enjoy this short chapter!

Demon's Dance: Chapter 4

Blaze's point of view

I was packing my things, waiting for Veplon and Lumur outside while they were in the meeting room. While waiting, I saw Kesam entering the meeting room. I just wanted them to hurry up.

Kesam waved farewell as Veplon and Lumur leave the room.

Veplon, Lumur, and I took the next elevator to the surface, arriving at a nearby city in the eastern hemisphere. We took the train to a hotel near Demon's Dance headquarters, and rented a room. I was bored for most of the day and couldn't wait to get to the headquarters. After one night, Veplon and Lumur woke up in the morning and dropped me off at the headquarters. I guess I've finally felt a bit of excitement, and entered the building with a positive attitude.

Fauna's point of view

"Yesterday was the worst day ever." I said to myself as I got up from bed. Maybe I'm being too dramatic, but I'm not sure how long I can keep up with this Edith mess. I'll just erase it from my mind... for now. I got myself ready for a new day, and probably a new mission. I went to the kitchen after brushing my teeth and putting on my combat clothing. Eric was there waiting for me, and cooking breakfast.

"What's up, Fauna?" Eric asked while offering me some eggs and bacon.

"Fine, just fine. I hope." I said.

"Well, to get that smile on you, I have some great news today!" Eric said in excitement.

"Better be another mission." I mumbled.

"Fauna, you murdered the demon queen. Many people are happy now. Someday soon you'll be a big thing around the world. You are considered a true master now, which is why I am asking you to train the new recruits of Demon's Dance." Eric told me.

It took me a few seconds to finally answer. Maybe I should put this demon queen crap behind me. Maybe training recruits isn't so bad. Putting aside this baffling situation and training some new members could be good for me.

"I accept. I will be happy to train the new members of Demon's Dance." I said.

"That's my girl!" Eric said happily. He lifted me in the air and kissed me on the cheek like... a million times.

"Dad, stop it! Stop!" I said in embarrassment.

Time for a new start. I'm gonna be the best teacher there is to these new recruits and nothing is gonna stop me!

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Re: Demon's Dance: Chapter 4

Oh boy. Fauna, I wish you the best of luck in training new recruits. I imagine it won't be long before Blaze enters the scene of things. It'll be good for Fauna to train new recruits and get to know more fellow comrades. Something good could come out of it. And it's nice to see the father/daughter relationship is going well too. I look forward to future chapters and take your time, Buffer. :D

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Re: Demon's Dance: Chapter 4

Y U NO TELL ME THERE'S A NEW CHAPTER?!

I like the idea of Fauna training the new recruits. How awesome it would be if maybe Blaze or one of his fellas were to kill one of Fauna's recruits or at least hurt them.

Looking forward to the next chapter!

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Re: Demon's Dance: Chapter 5

MY CREATIVITY IS BACK... FOR NOW! I hope this chapter is long enough. I spent over two hours or more on this with a few distractions.

Demon's Dance: Chapter 5

I was on my way to the eastern training camp with Eric, feeling pretty excited. I've always wanted to follow my father's footsteps on becoming a teacher of Demon's Dance. He is a wonderful educator because of his remarkable skill and intelligence. I wanted to be the same. We pulled over at the camp, seeing recruits, watching them training at the moment. I got out of the car with Eric, and all the new recruits formed a line when we arrived.

"Good evening, Mr. Ferland and Ms. Ferland." One recruit said.

"Good evening, everyone. Today we will be shooting some training dummies. Handguns, I want you to make shots that count at 50 yards. Rifles, I want you make shots that count at 250 yards. Let's go." Eric ordered.

All of the recruits cocked their guns at some used training dummies, and started to shoot them. I saw one recruit holding a gun improperly, using only one hand and holding it loosely, so I went up to him.

"Hold it with two hands and a little more firmly, sir!" I told him.

"Thanks, uh, Fauna Ferland. Heh, I always was more of a sword person. I need to stick with something more modern." The recruit said.

"Swords? I don't think the organization uses swords anymore. Ever since light magic became more and more rare." I said to him.

The recruit raised an eyebrow, like he has never even heard of light magic before.

"Uh, how so?" He asked.

"You didn't hear the story? Light magic is the only thing super effective against demons, obviously. It increased it's rarity, unfortunately, making our job of protecting the world much more difficult. I believe my father used the last bit of it, but I never knew what for. Maybe light is what made me kill the demon queen. I can only wish." I said quietly.

"Ahem, my name is Blaze, I'm new here. Never held a gun before, but I have some experience with swords, I guess." Blaze said, changing the previous topic completely.

"I'm Fauna, but you already know. So, Blaze, what brings you to Demon's Dance?" I asked him.

"My mother was... murdered by someone. Someone that is... was your age. It's really hard to explain because... it's painful. So, my reasons for joining this organization isn't uncommon." Blaze explained to me while training.

"You and me both. Both of my parents were killed by demons. Many family friends are dead. It was a lonely and depressing experience, but I think you can relate to that?" I asked.

"Maybe I can. I was too young, like maybe four or five, so I couldn't really remember if I was sad or not. That's probably why it was so painful. Not remembering the death of your own parents. The people who raised you." Blaze told me.

"That's so sad, Blaze. I'm sorry." I said.

Blaze chuckled at me, "Are you always this tender?" He said.

"Oh, you really think so?" I asked.

Eric interrupted our conversation.

"What are you two discussing?" Eric asked us.

"Uh, we are just talking and guns and stuff!" I said to Eric.

Blaze continued his training, doing what Fauna told him to do with his gun earlier, and started shooting some more dummies.

"Hmm, I see." Eric said, giving me a smirk. "Well, recruit, I think that's enough talking for the day. My daughter has to help me with some other recruits, after all." Eric said.

"Alright, see you later, Fauna." Blaze said, waving farewell.

I waved Blaze goodbye. He was a strange fellow, but I hope we become great friends! Already having a great start at the place, and maybe it's helping me keep the demon queen off my mind.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

Pffffffffffft that diddlyer. Blaze sure knows how to pretend to be some shy nice guy! But he should be careful. I Fauna notices that there are too many "human things" he doesn't know of like the story about the light, it could get dangerous for him! :D

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards

Oh boy. Quite a few things happened in this chapter! I do wonder a lot about the rarity of light magic and why it's so scarce. I feel like that's going to come into play a lot more later on in the story. Fauna, you poor naive girl. You just befriended the demon prince. Well, they seem to get along quite well. Surprised how much Blaze was able to steer the topic from revealing more on himself. I do greatly look forward to the next chapter!

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards

Oh boy. Quite a few things happened in this chapter! I do wonder a lot about the rarity of light magic and why it's so scarce. I feel like that's going to come into play a lot more later on in the story. Fauna, you poor naive girl. You just befriended the demon prince. Well, they seem to get along quite well. Surprised how much Blaze was able to steer the topic from revealing more on himself. I do greatly look forward to the next chapter!
Thank you, Kitkat! And welcome back!

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards

An also extra thanks to Kitkat for reminding me I need to finish this :D Excuse my terrible writing skills, I'm a bit rusty from before.
Demon's Dance: Chapter 6

Blaze's point of view

It was 9:00 PM at night. I was in my dorm at the training camp, bored as always. And I thought, how would this turn out? I'm already a new recruit, I already met Fauna, what next? Well, if I get closer to her, I can finally find out how the hell she murdered my mother. My ignorance about the human world is going to destroy any chance knowing how she killed her, and probably would reveal my identity if I let it get out of hand.

I heard my phone ringing at the desk, I took it and saw the caller ID. "Oh boy." I said, the phone said it was Lumur. What did he want this time? I answered the call.

"Morning, princey boy!" Lumur said in a jokingly manner, "So? Did you meet the lady?"

I looked annoyed. "Yes, I can't believe I was... nice to her." I responded.

"What did she look like? Was she young? An old hag?" Lumur asked.

"She's 19, a year older than me." I told Lumur.

"Did you take a picture?" Lumur asked.

"Why don't you be a pervert to Veplon?" I asked.

Lumur laughed at me and said, "Alright, princey boy. Let me know your plans to get into her house."

Lumur hung up. I sighed, "What am I going to do?" I then heard a knock on the door. I got up from my bed, wondering who it could be. Maybe it's Fauna. She's the only person who knows me in this damn place. I turned the door knob, and not to my surprise, it was her... with chocolate muffins.

"I thought I might give you a present for being my first friend here." Fauna said.

"Um, uh, thank you." I said. I took the muffins, and looked at her.

"What brings you here, Fauna?" I asked her, while grabbing a muffin and taking a bite.

"Well, I'm an instructor of the training camp from now on, I thought I might get to know the recruits more. Starting with you." Fauna said.

"What do you want to know?" I asked.

"Hmm, where are you from? I already know what demons did during your past." Fauna said.

Man, how many questions is this girl going to ask? I already had a hard-ass time trying to tell her my "backstory." What more does she want? I thought harder and harder, wondering what I was going to say. Fauna looked at me with a weird face, it almost looks suspicious.

"I'm from the northern part of the eastern hemisphere, from a town called..." I hesitated.

"If you don't want to tell me, it's fine." Fauna said and she smiled, "But I would be happy to tell you about me! Well, if you didn't know enough already."

"Okay, where did you kill Queen Edith?" I asked Fauna. Uh, maybe that sounded WAY too forced. Fauna looked down, her smile faded.

"Um, it's pretty late, Fauna. You should get some rest. And your father would probably freak out knowing you're along with some random guy in his dorm." I told her.

Fauna looked at me, "If you want to know where I killed Queen Edith, meet me tomorrow 7:00 PM after your practice." She said.

I nodded. Fauna left the room, closing the door as she went out. That girl really going to show me where she killed my mom. How stupid. That was way easier than I thought it would be. This is my ticket to the first clue, I should be prepared for it.

Fauna's point of view

"How was your day, Fauna? Did you enjoy making friends with that boy?" Eric asked me.

"Better than expected." I said while preparing my bed.

"There's something off about him. He just looks so familiar." Eric mumbled.

"What was that?" I asked.

"Oh, nothing." He said, "Goodnight, demon hunter."

"Wait, father? Can we go to the western hemisphere tomorrow? I want to go to Queen Lara's castle and show Blaze where I killed the demon queen." I asked.

"What? I never understand you kids. Oh well, fine. Tomorrow after his training." Eric said, and quickly left the room.

Wow, I can change my mind fast. I wanted to get my mind off of all this demon queen mess, but when Blaze asked me, he looked like he was a fond of me killing her, like I was a hero. I can't get this out of my head because it's telling me to accept it. I need to realize what a huge impact I did on the world, a good thing, and maybe stop worrying how I killed her, stop dwelling into the past and just embrace it. I'm going to go to the castle and show Blaze tomorrow.

I smiled and turned off the lights and went into the covers, getting a little impatient about tomorrow. I wonder what would happen.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Re: Demon's Dance: Chapter 6

Aw, I'm touched, Buffer. :'3

Anyways, looks like Fauna is handling things a whole lot better with Blaze around and feeling more like a hero. Which is good development for her. Blaze seems to be winging it, but I'm glad he's not being a total prick or anything to her. I feel like there's some mutual respect in there for each other? Or maybe it's just the start of a friendship that wasn't entirely suppose to happen on Blaze's part. lol. Otherwise, it was another great chapter!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back