• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Deep Jungle?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I don't like Deep Jungle, but I always wondered why it never showed up in Chain of Memories? Does something with that world's keyhole and/or events have a deeper meaning and thus they were locked away in Sora's heart even deeper than Namine's grasp?

Gram

Banned
Awards
It didn't appear because of something to do with copyright or the owner of the Tarzan movie. It's been to long I can't remember specifics.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Tarzan is owned by Edgar Rice Burroughs' family estate. Disney wasn't able to get permission for it to appear in anything other than Kingdom Hearts 1. That's why it wasn't in Re:CoM, the beginning of KH2 or Re:coded.

roxaven

Ahh I see that makes sense. I thought they might have just forgotten about that world, but that was just an idea.

Veritas7340

That's how severe Sora's memory loss was -- he forgot an entire world!

No seriously though, like aforementioned, it was the copyright issue.

It's for the best anyway since every world in CoM was memory-themed. What, are you going to have Clayton try to steal the gorillas' memories? Or are you going to try to have Clayton steal Tarzan's memories of the gorillas via the Stealth Sneak Heartless so he can lead him to the gorillas.... Wait... that would've worked out well. Oh well

VenTer

Awards
I don't like Deep Jungle, but I always wondered why it never showed up in Chain of Memories? Does something with that world's keyhole and/or events have a deeper meaning and thus they were locked away in Sora's heart even deeper than Namine's grasp?
Yes the Deep Jungle world is not in Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain because of Copy Right problem. Sad though because Tarzan was the one who taught Sora that "Friends in our Hearts".:frown:

Ventus_

Awards
Interesting information which I was not aware of.
Shame since Deep Jungle was a significant world in the first game containing heavy foreshadow of the climactic revelation that Kairi's heart was within Sora.
1.) Tarzan's statement 'friends in our hearts' though it couldn't be completely translated until you seal the keyhole because only then did Jane understand the Gorilla word for 'heart'.
2.) At least in my head cannon, the castle slide in Camp which had been familiar to Sora. It was likely a subconscious memory of Kairi's from her home world of Hallow Bastian triggered by her heart within him. Don't forget he actually recognizes the HB castle again when he sees it in person (the cut scene upon your first arrival).

Last edited:

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
No! You're all wrong! Deep Jungle wasn't in the games because Sora didn't feel like having Tarzan teach him advanced calculus! XD

[video=youtube;EYGAZ5T1KDs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYGAZ5T1KDs&list=PLDA421AEB255BBD5F[/video]

Look at around the 10:10 mark.

But in all seriousness, the estate simply wouldn't let them have Tarzan be used in any way by Disney. Kind of a shame, too. As repetitive as that world appeared thanks to the constant backtracking, it did have potential.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
2.) At least in my head cannon, the castle slide in Camp which had been familiar to Sora. It was likely a subconscious memory of Kairi's from her home world of Hallow Bastian triggered by her heart within him. Don't forget he actually recognizes the HB castle again when he sees it in person (the cut scene upon your first arrival).

It was. After all, Radiant Garden (which was then known as Hollow Bastion) was Kairi's home world.

blksabbath74

There was a time when I was stuck on Deep Jungle when I couldn't stand it, but now it's one of my favorite worlds.

To be fair, when KH1 came out, that movie was more recent, and was probably the biggest feather in their caps since the glory days of Tim Rice, so of course they were going to use it.

Now that they've busted their slump, and have plenty of material new and old to work with, they probably just had no reason to revisit that world, which had, by KH2, sunk to the middle of the Disney pack, especially with so much other material available.

Ventus_

Awards
blksabbath74 said:
There was a time when I was stuck on Deep Jungle when I couldn't stand it, but now it's one of my favorite worlds.

Likewise, when I first played it Clayton was hard as hell, to the point where I needed a friend to come over and beat his ass for me. Now he's cake. XD I've beaten him at least three times since.

mittens

It would've been nice to see a few more characters appear in Kingdom Hearts from the movie. (Jane's dad....I mean Jane's dad.)

Deep Jungle has always been one of those defining KH1 worlds for me though, and I guess that's because of it only being able to be used in that one game.

BlazeHeatnix

It's strange how they'd have to pay royalties to the Burroughs estate to ever use Tarzan again, yet apparently don't need to pay royalties to Tim Burton for Nightmare material.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It's strange how they'd have to pay royalties to the Burroughs estate to ever use Tarzan again, yet apparently don't need to pay royalties to Tim Burton for Nightmare material.

Because Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas is owned by Disney. Tim Burton gets paid royalties, but they probably never need ask his permission to use or create NBC anything.

BEASTENDER

Tarzan is probably my second favorite Disney movie, so it's disappointing that it will probably never appear again. I was even more so disappointed when I thought of how a beautiful jungle world could look on PS4 (Just look at the Uncharted 4 gameplay), until I remembered the Jungle Book. Not one of my favs, but it sure is one of Nomura's from what I hear. And of course, he's been trying to get that series in KH for a while. Almost made it with BBS, but not quite.

I'm fairly sure it will make an appearance if he's still that adamant about it after all these years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back