• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Deep Jungle Platforming

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
Maybe this isn't good enough to be it's own thread, but I found it interesting that it's possible to get every chest that should need high jump or glide in during your first visit to Deep Jungle. I was wondering if anyone else had managed to do that as well.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Didn't know that. :D I always rushed through the world on the first visit and got all the chests later on.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Back when a KH game invited you to actually explore an actually explorable world.
Anyway yes, even though I think one chest in the vines area was moved from its previous spot. I'll check with the ps2 version sometime.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Never gotten that one you need to glide to, but other than that, yeah. Always tried to get everything as soon as possible. That one jump to the platform that leads to Vines 2 used to be impossible for me as a kid, I remember trying it and failing so many times. Once you get it right once it's easy after that. Deep Jungle platforming is fun and I love the world. One of my favorite Disney worlds.

ReverofEnola

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Maybe this isn't good enough to be it's own thread, but I found it interesting that it's possible to get every chest that should need high jump or glide in during your first visit to Deep Jungle. I was wondering if anyone else had managed to do that as well.

Lol I always gave up after a bit and just waited for High Jump & Glide. Good job for figuring that out.

Kounelli

Awards
I have a thing where I hate coming back and back-tracking in certain levels to open chests/collect stuff. I want to get it all in one sitting so at times I can spend hours on a level that should only take less than one hour to complete, but my OCD goes off the chart and I try my best to get it all. xD

Of course, I gave up on the Deep Jungle ones and returned to get the chest you got to glide to. That was pretty much the only one I could never get the first time.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I do them (the leftovers chests in every world) after Hollow Bastion just to get a few more experience in and adjusting to the difficulty spike.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I always get them on the first run through the world, too. Many chests that many people probably wait for Glide get can be reached earlier. Like the Wonderland exit that you can Glide to in the Lotus Forest in Wonderland, you can High Jump to from the platforms near the pond if you do it right. Same with several chests throughout Monstro, Agrabah, and Halloween Town.

ReverofEnola

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I always get them on the first run through the world, too. Many chests that many people probably wait for Glide get can be reached earlier. Like the Wonderland exit that you can Glide to in the Lotus Forest in Wonderland, you can High Jump to from the platforms near the pond if you do it right. Same with several chests throughout Monstro, Agrabah, and Halloween Town.

Yeah there's a lot of reasons to go back & explore but one of my main reasons was for the Trinities. Heck the game even advises the player sometimes when you are on the World Map to explore the worlds again. Unlike other KH games...

Side Note: Also finding people in Agrabah was weird thing for me to find out AFTER sealing the Keyhole there immediately.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Yeah there's a lot of reasons to go back & explore but one of my main reasons was for the Trinities. Heck the game even advises the player sometimes when you are on the World Map to explore the worlds again. Unlike other KH games...

it doesn't tell you you're gonna miss one in Halloween Town in the ps2 version if you don't get it right away tho.
That's also because it's kinda the only KH to have any reason to go back, for Merlin or other stuff.
I also like that in the first game it was made throughout conversations, instead of the "A new episode is available!" of KH II (which was also at times misleading. If you get Pooh's Page during your journey at Disney Castle, like you're bound too, when you go to the world map you'd think the "There's a new episode available!" at Hollow Bastion was about you talking to Merlin for the thorns in the castle, not the page.)

Side Note: Also finding people in Agrabah was weird thing for me to find out AFTER sealing the Keyhole there immediately.
I know right? And having no Heartless around when you close the Keyhole. I always thought that was a nice touch.

KyoKoNo

In 1.5 Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, It is a lot easier to get all the chest seeing that the controls aren't as stiff as when you're on the ps2.

Bionic Puppy

I had a love-hate relationship with deep jungle. You could platform and actually properly explore the world and although it had nice story development, it wasn't completely story-centric. However, it was bloODY ANNOYING and although it was fun you always got yourself lost because sometimes you know you're somewhere else but it looks like just where you started. However I do miss Deep Jungle at times, and I hope that KH one day reverts back to its exploration roots (ba-dum tiss)

But no, I always had to come back for them ;-; It was kind of like the stickers but they looked like you had to jump to the moon to get them sometimes .-.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
The platforming concept for this world (hippo's, vines/vines 2, waterfall) offers some hard challenges to get all the chests. I just assumed you'd have to return to this world when you get a higher jump. How do you get all of them on the first visit?

FarmerRaguna

I'd believe you could get them all with enough determination, but I wouldn't try to accomplish this task. The platforming in the first game always felt way too stiff, and even with the better fluidity on the 1.5 Remix version, I still don't think the game does this in a good enough manner to warrant actually trying it. Rather come back when I'm able to glide to sweep everything up, but that's just the way I feel about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back