• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Decline in Broadway Shows

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
there are a lot of Broadway shows that are being taken off recently. such plays like Phantom Of The Opera, Hairspray, Spring Awakening, Spamalot, and a bunch more. Also, not too long ago Rent and Beauty and the Beast were taken off, and now Spider-Man is being made into a musical (that's pathetic, IMO)

is anyone disappointed in these shows closing? have you seen the ones that are closing, or will you miss the chance to see it? what shows did you want to see again, or havent' had the chance to see yet?

I want to see Spring Awakening before it closes on January 18th. that's a week before my birthday, so I'm hoping to go see it with a few friends. I'm also disappointed about Phantom. that show is absolutely amazing. Spamalot was incredibly funny, and Rent and Beauty and the Beast I never got to see.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
It is sad. There's no more original plays. Just adaptations from movies. Which, in some cases, can be really good. But, most of the time, they fall short. Spring Awakening has always interested me, but I wouldn't feel comfortable going with my parents. Most of the shows you described are leaving and going on tour. I know a number of them are coming to Chicago, soon--which is where I get my "Broadway fix".

Wicked

absurdiam
They got rid of Legally Blonde not long ago, I think.

Yet again, I live on the other side of the world so I wouldn't know.

I enjoyed that musical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back