• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Death's Sorrow: The Exodus Of Jailtin Reeve

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
And yet you type here to talk to me. . .

Chapter Four: Deal

Jailtin stood on the docks, watching the ocean waves beat against the sides. The water was black barely capped by the white foam of ocean waves. All the buildings in the dock district were abandonned long ago. There was little light in this area of the city. It was as if the entire city just wanted to push this plae under the rug.

The footsteps echoed across the streets. There was absolute silence save the taping of someone's feet. Jailtin turned around, the darkness had not been broken, there was nothing. The footsteps continued for what seemed like five minutes. Never coming nearer, and yet always so close.

"You must be Jailtin" The voice came from behind him. Jailtin turned to see who had spoken and found only the darkness that he had wintnessed before.

"I don't like to play games" Jailtin said, he had never had much patience for those who looked at everything as some sort of game. He had seen too many lives lost that way. "You asked me to meet you. . . . here I am" A laugh echoed through the streets. Whoever it was, was very good at what he did he seemed to be everywhere at the same time.

"Very well" A man appeared in front of Jailtin, he was young, much younger than he expected after talking with "The Shadow" he had hoped these people would take him seriuosly and lead him where he needed to go but obviously he was wrong. "My name is Panar, I run things around here."

"There doesn't appear to be much to run" Jailtin usually avoided cutting comments such as this because they tended to start fights but he was still not happy with the way this man was behaving.

"Fair enough. . ." Panar pretended to inspect his shoes "You're right of course, as you can see my job has become very easy." Panar's easygoing smile faded, "Giovanni did this to me, to my business." There was suddenly hatred in his voice. Giovanni had done more to this man than just take his job. "I'm going to be completely up front with you here, I am Panar Vincetti. I was until just recently the foremost rising star in the world of organized crime. Long story short Giovanni doesn't like competition." He gave Jailtin a meaningful look.

"What does this have to do with me?" Jailtin asked, he didn't like where this was going. He didn;t want to get involved with organized crime. He was trying to fix this city's problems, not make them worse and if this was going where he thought this was going. . . .

"I need your help-" Panar began

" I'm not going to help you start a gang war" Jailtin said, he was ready to fight. he knew Panar's type, yuong ambitious. Willing to kill to get their way.

"That's not what I had in mind." Panar smiled this time. Jailtin had a feeling this wasn't going to be easy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eselia sat alone in the bar, she hated doing that to the guy. Setting him up wasn't easy, she never liked to feel responsible for a good man's death.

"Eselia?" A raspy voice came from the door. A voice that sounded as if the man were talking through a hole in his throught the voice that sounded like he was being strangled.

Eselia looked up from the bar.

And screamed

(No time to edit or type more srry)

Last edited:

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
Eselia backed to the back wall. The man's shadow cast over her unnaturally, she looked up, the man's feature's were covered in shadow. But she didn't need to see his face to know who it was. There was only one man who had that raspy voice.

"What?" the man asked ammusedly "You thought I wouldn't come back?" he stepped closer. His face was a twisted mask of scar tissue. He smiled and his burnt, cracked skin broke around the mouth. "I promised you I would be back. . .and I am a man of my word."

Eselia picked up a bottle of whiskey. He neared her. She swung the bottle at his head. The liquid poured over his face and he let out an inhman scream of agony. Eselia ran across the room and grabbed a shotgun that was under the bar. She pointed it at him.

His voice still unsteady in pain the man said. "Did you think that you little trick would kill me?" he asked, his eyes wide open. Looking straight at her she somehow knew though his pupils were burned out. "You know what I am just as i know what you are." He grabbed her by the throat and brought her face right up to his "Surely you didn't mean this fate for me. Even you, even the infamous Eselia would not be so cruel." He smacked her across the face his charred skin felt like death on Eselia's face. He threw her against the wall her head leaving a patch of blood on the wall. He pulled out a pistol.

"Now." he pointed the pistol at Eselia "Beg for your life"

Eselia looked up at him with genuine fear in her eyes. "Please" she hated herself for this " Please Rion, don't kill me!" Tears ran down her face not from fear but out of rage. She was powerless and he would pay.

Rion hit her across the face with the pistol. "That was fun" Rion put the gun in her mouth. And put a bullet through her head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jailtin looked Panar straight in the eyes. "What do you want then?" he was afraid he didn't want to know the answer but he asked anyway. He'd learned that no matter how hard it is to deal with knowing is always better. Ignorance is Bliss, Knowledge is Life

"I want you to meet me here again tommorow night this time with information about this Eselia who set you up." Panar smiled

"That's not the kind of thing I expected from someone like you. Couldn't you hire a Private I. or something for this kind of work?' Jailtin asked. He knw that a crime boss like him wouldn't go to the trouble of contacting someone who could very well kill him unless it was important.

"First of all. .she works for Giovanni" she laughed at Jailtin's expression "Who do you think set you up? The man who contacted you was a fool but he was right about the explosives" He hesitated "Also there are some powerful people who would go to great lengths to hurt her. People from her past."

"And you want me to be her bodyguard and spy on her." Jailtin shook his head. "Very well'

"Meet me here every night. If you have nothing to report then send someone else if you want to. But don't forget to contact me. I need to know if you're alive."

Jailtin walked away That man likes to hear himself talk

He walked back to the bar to see about this "Eselia."

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
^^I'm sure you would...hell I'd buy it too...but of course I'd probably get a free copy...cause I'm special like that....

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
Oh sure Stavros change the subject . . . lol. Alright guys here it goes for my only two though fairly dedicated fans. . . ..

Chapter 6: Rion

Jailtin walked from the completely abandoned dock area and wondered just how much power this Giovanni really had. He somehow managed, with whatever influence he did hold, make it so no one would ever go near Panar's "turf" again.

He let out a small sigh of releif when he finally got back into the populated part of the city. The silence was unnerving, Jailtin normally liked silence, noise was never more than a distraction unless communication was neccesary. But that silence was forced. It was an unnattural silence. And for the first time in many years Jailtin was frightened. There was something about Panar that wasn't right. Nothing he could put his finger on. But no matter what Panar did there always seemed to be something. . .off. No one else would have noticed, normally Jailtin would'nt have noticed but he happened to catch it in the corner of his eye.

The streets were dark now the sun had long since set and the shadows were now out. He had had bad experiences with shadows before but he didm't think that shadows would be any problem here. The dark streets were quiet, this time it wasa natural quiet. People were sleeping, or at least trying nbot to wake those who were.

The bar's window was shattered and so was the door. He sensed residual assassin energy around here. That didn't always mean an assassin, it meant that someone who had devoted their life to killing had been here. Most common in assassins.

Jailtin stepped in through the splintered doorframe "Eselia?" he still felt strange saying that name. She wasn;t the Eselia he remembered, she seemed different and she didn't remember him.

"What do you want now?" She said without turning from cleaning up the blood all over her wall. The entire bar was destroyed and she had blood all over her clothes.

"Was there a struggle?" Jailtin asked

"Oh. . . you're- it's you." she seemed shocked to see him, it seemed likely she set him up but he would pretend to be oblivious for now.

"Jailtin, call me Jailtin." He figured that they should get to know eachother a little better if he was going to be risking himself to keep her alive.

"Well. . .uh I'm fine" she kind of laughed a small laugh. She seemed to be somewhat glad he was alive, or at least there. There was a nervous unneasyness in here voice. "Umm. . . did you see, the Private I.?"

"No. . I never got around to it." He tried to pretend not to be mad about it after all she probably didn;t have much of a choice it wasn;t like she was a quite as strong as he himself. ANd she certainly didn't have his stmina. She just seemed to be so fragile. He wouldn't let anyone hurt her, part for his job, part because he was interested but mostly because she seemed so vunerable.

(sorry for the short chap but I've got a. . .food in the oven.)

Ty Leonheart

I'll have you know ,Cosen Again, that you have three dedicated fans thank you very much.

*Sobs*

I can't believe you forgot me. Good Job on the new chapters by the way.

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
((By the way Ty it only be stealing your thing if it was just Squall I happen to be very Pro-Squal/Rinoa stuff so NYEEEHHH!!!!))

Chapter 7: A Quiet Night

Jailtin threw the last of the scraps of wood into the fireplace, there was a slight crackling as the moisture quickly escaped the polished surface. He stared into the fire for a while, lost in thought. He always found himself reviewing his life if he didn’t stop himself. Always wondering what the point is, sometimes fearing he will never find out, if the answer was in religion then he would wonder the rest of his life. . .wonder forever. . .

A call came from the back, Eselia interrupting his thought for help. He couldn’t help but think about her too. What is Eselia? Surely she isn’t the Eselia he knew, firstly she would have recognized him once they met but secondly-and perhaps more importantly- Eselia did not have the gift that he did of travel. Though he could still only transport willingly between points in the world that he had been brought to. Whatever kind of master he was serving when he went to these worlds all he knew was that he always had to kill someone. There was always someone that had to die.

“Jailtin?” Eselia was still covered in blood herself though she had cleaned everywhere else. “I’m going to take a bath.” She looked at him strangely as if she just realized something. It was probably the thoughtful state he was in because he didn’t usually care but he asked anyway.

“You never told me what happened. . .” Jaitlin wasn’t the kind of person who usually left it that open either but he would have to stick around her, and demanding to know what happened could possibly cause a negative reaction.

“I’m fine.” Eselia rolled her eyes as she said it as if he had asked her for the thousandth time. That hadn’t even been his question.

“Yes . . .I can see that.” Jaitlin shook his head, she was avoiding the question. It wasn’t necessary to know but he would have at least appreciated an ‘I don’t want to talk about it’ or something.

“Well, like I said I’m going to go and take a bath so. . .” she paused as if thinking, she looked him over. “Do you have a place to stay?” she said rather suddenly after the silence.

“I’ll find a place.” Jailtin replied he wasn’t worried about it, he had had to sleep in the street before. Though he thought that he probably find some way to raise money quickly, guarding Eselia was a long term project. He had done questionably legal things before, and it would be no different now if he had to make some money.

“Well . .you can stay here” Eselia still had that quizzical look on her face, she seemed to want, it was possible that she was trying not to show that she was afraid. He didn’t know what happened there but he did know that he was there to protect her.

“Fine” Jailtin said and he turned around as she ran upstairs, he hadn’t realized until now that she lived there. He hadn’t noticed the stairs before either. He was sure that it was just a regular bar. He took a seat in front of the fireplace; he didn’t remember the fireplace either. He didn’t usually miss things, and certainly not so many things. He went over to the bar. He was debating grabbing a drink. But then again getting drunk had never gotten him anywhere and he didn’t think that stealing drinks would get him anywhere with Eselia.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eselia came down a while later, she was cleaned off and she had changed clothes her hair was still wet. Jailtin was suddenly taken aback, he didn’t understand why but she seemed much more attractive suddenly.

She sat down next to him, on the couch, the couch in front of the fireplace, Jailtin dismissed not remembering there being anything but a chair there, she was stunning in the dim firelight he didn’t know why he had ignored it before. She shook himself, what was going on? These thoughts were not the type that he was typically likely to think. Besides Sinara, his heart dropped.

“I don’t remember this couch.” Jailtin said suddenly serious, there was a look of shock on Eselia’s face. She was suddenly embarrassed and said “I’m tired” and walked up the stairs. He laid down on the couch and slept.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back