• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dear RPG Inferno Players

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Raeneth

Has a custom user title
Awards
Greetings to everyone. Hope you're all adjusting to the brand new KHI Forums. However you have most certainly realized that the Inferno in all of its glory has had to be put down. It's really a sad day for myself and the rest of the Inferno staff, past and present I'm sure. I'd just like to say a few words to our extremely loyal players and friends that I've personally made through the Inferno since 2007.

First, thank you for all of your support in helping our little piece of KHI thrive for as long as it did. As Shamdeo said in his announcement as well there are new possible Infernos coming out in the coming months or so from our old/new friends at DragonByte. What the future holds for the Inferno is anyone's guess really. I don't know if I'll even still be willing or able to be creating the Inferno if and when it returns to KHI. The time I spent slaving over the ACP and in Photoshop learning how to sprite monsters and the endless hours spent creating areas and data built up in my Excel programs have really been amazing and so well worth it due to how much love the players have shown for our hard work.

It's been a great ride and hopefully the future can see another RPG grace these forums. I really can't express the amount of gratitude I have to the admins here and all of the people who have helped out in some way or another over the years.

Many of you may not really quite understand why I'm kind of breaking Moderator tradition of being a hard ass to say these things, but really the Inferno has meant an awful lot to me since I came onto the team and even before that. I've wanted to design games for a long time and being able to do so even on such a small scale has really been something of a dream come true for me. So thank you to everyone for any and all the time that you put into experiencing the different forms of the Inferno since I joined the team. Thank you to everyone who helped making the KHI Wikia and the time spent updating it and tweaking it to make it really awesome. I hope to be able to continue the story I've planned out when and if another RPG Inferno can come to KHI.

Thanks everyone, really.

-Rae

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
I'd also like to thank the players, as a former RPG Inferno staff member. It was time that the forum had to upgrade to a new version, being that there were some glaring insecurities and problems emerging out of the previous version. Of course, don't despair, as I as an administrator am committing to bringing back a new version of an RPG Inferno that is in development by Decado. So in the mean time I'd also like to thank you guys for making my time on the RPG staff enjoyable as well, I really did have a lot of fun working on something special for our members.

Here's looking to the future!
-Sham

Avalon

?Templar King?
Website
knightly-gamers.com
I have to say, thank you for all your work Rae. I loved playing the inferno and talking about everything in it. Ever since May 16th 2007 I was hooked and couldn't get enough. I spent so many hours playing, chatting and making new friends on the Inferno. I truly loved it. I even met my girlfriend on it so it means much more to me then the usual person. I've also gained two great 'brothers' from the Inferno as well. I do not want to see you go at all and not work on the other inferno that will come. It'd be a shame to see you leave. You'd be able to complete your story and actually have a great inferno, maybe even the best functioning inferno to date. So please Rae, stick around on Inferno team. We'll love to play another one made by you. It'll add another chapter into our lives. We'll all have some new game to play, another new adventure, a whole new world to explore and experience. Just feel pride in that you can make a great game. One that many people love and cherished. Know that the inferno dying saddens the hearts of so many and we all wish to see you return along with Inferno.

I know we'll talk a lot during the next months. Plotting a lot of new inferno things. Once we get word of what the Inferno will do and hold, I bet we'll have long conversations lasting well into the night about all the awesome things that can be done. Just remember how much we talked about 3.1 and how amazing it could be. I'm looking forward to the new inferno. And when it does come, I'll be here. Along with all the other Inferno Players. Awaiting that new journey which you have made just for us.

Thank you Rae, and all of the Inferno team, Past and Present.

matrix8140

Fist of The North Star(Freedom)
From what I heard though the years the Inferno is like a Pheonix. It dies, but then it is reborn. I won't cry, for I know that it will be even greater. The laast one was awesome, so nothing less is to be expected for the new one. I would love to see you back Raeneth. You kept your cool through all of the hellfire, and problems, and if thats not saying anything, I don't know what will.

Crimson Crashing

Inferno - R.I.P <3
Awards
Seeing the Inferno die...again...Really saddens me.
It makes me feel even worse that I hadn't yet finished the second chapter, not being able to fully experience all the hard work that had been put into it.
I have made a lot of great friends and had a lot of amazing experiences playing through Chapter 1, including the Summer of events.
The battle of Traverse Town specifically comes to mind, the amount of fun that me and Hal had fighting together with friends was outstanding.
Meeting people like Kyle and Zal, who I have talked to a lot and about many issues and personal problems in my life, I am so grateful for.
Being able to run my own Squad, and actually do a good job, was one of the greatest feelings I ever had.
Thank you so much Rae, and everyone else that made the Inferno what it was. Sham, TEM, Denver, and anyone else I am forgetting at the moment.
Also thanks to Iggy, I know you influenced the Inferno a lot, and was helping with Chapter 3.

I hope that the future holds bright for the Inferno, and the same people that play/make it.
I'll stick around, I'm sure it will be better than ever when it returns.
Again, thanks guys, everyone who helped make the Inferno what it was.

And a special thanks to my Squad mates.:£
<3

Halibel

??Storm??
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Seeing the Inferno go really saddens me, I can't deny that, but we still have the future to look forward too. :D

I've had a great time at the Inferno, I've meet a lot of amazing people here, Aru and Zal, these guys are just awesome! I've had so much fun here because of those two, they are really amazing people. =] Also to my squad and everyone that played the Inferno, it was a great time together. You all have made this experience really memorable. I really look forward to playing with everyone soon. And no I didn't forget you King :p do you still remember KIKT? Ha, I do. That was it right? xD

Till next time Inferno <3

PryoSpark

Well seeing the Inferno go kind of disappoints me as it was one of the only things that kept me active on this site. But hey, just reading about a possible new Inferno got my hopes back up.

Rae if you were to leave, the Inferno just wouldn't be the same, part of you is imprinted in our memories of the Funferno. Just look at all the people with their scans still in their sig, it may be gone(for now) but definitely not forgotten.

So here's hoping for the best!

darksquallleon

First of all thank you Rae for all the work you did in the inferno.
I am disappointed that the inferno is gone, but i guess i must look to the future, i hope i can play another inferno made by you (i know it will be a great one like this one :D).
When we have a new inferno i hope to see you all there.
Thank you Rae and all the inferno team (past and present) for a great game.

Last edited:

Axel Ryman

The Puppy ?Jester?
To see it go is a hard blow really since I was hoping to play it in my off time from other things, like right now. Hopefully we will get the Inferno again very soon, as to see such hard work of both the players and the team go so far only to be gone so easily is definitely saddening. I'm sure we'll get it back again and it will be even better than before.

one wing angel

This is a sad day indeed just as I begin making a return the Inferno is gone. sigh. Much thanks to all the Inferno staff for all the amazing work you guys have put into this game over the years. I know all of you used up a fair amount of your own free time for it and I'm extremely grateful for every moment and memory this RPG has given me. I tip my hat to all of you.

Rain

I breathe music.
Awards
Website
inferno.khinsider.com
I started playing this game the day it was released 3 years ago on May 16th and stuck around for all of it's incarnations. I am also saddened by the removal of the RPG Inferno as well. Who would've guessed I would've found a good game to play? Most of the members here didn't give the game a chance since they thought it would've been different but they've all missed out on something very great. Like Avalon and CC have said, I have also made many new friends and have gained a passion for using the RPG Inferno Technology. The Inferno Team have all done an excellent job with it, tweaking and editing the game so that the players can have a near perfect experience and stick around. Well done to you all. I do hope the new Inferno being created by Decado will be better than the old one and bring about a better experience than it's predecessors.

Decado

Website
www.infernotechnologies.net
Thanks for the Kind words =)

We're developing 2 new RPGs, one which is something of a successor to RPG Inferno, and the one we're working on now which is something completely new.

Essentially it's a game about raising pets/monsters and fighting them. The monsters are completely customisable (Even the images, literally tens of thousands of combinations), and you can breed them etc to get better monsters. You can of course battle with them as well. There may be fewer story elements etc in this game though, certain things are still being planned out =)

I'll keep you guys up to date on it, I should have more to tell you in about a months time. ^.^

magicedd

Bronze Member
Awards
Sigh... Kh inferno is dead..... But on the bright side as you all been saying, Its going to come back, hopfully asap XP Rae you were a awsome Person to meet, Gl.

Axel Ryman

The Puppy ?Jester?
Thanks for the Kind words =)

We're developing 2 new RPGs, one which is something of a successor to RPG Inferno, and the one we're working on now which is something completely new.

Essentially it's a game about raising pets/monsters and fighting them. The monsters are completely customisable (Even the images, literally tens of thousands of combinations), and you can breed them etc to get better monsters. You can of course battle with them as well. There may be fewer story elements etc in this game though, certain things are still being planned out =)

I'll keep you guys up to date on it, I should have more to tell you in about a months time. ^.^

Sounds almost like Monster Rancher, or....Pokemon.....

Ralor Penwat

...............This sucks.......... Just getting to the end of Monstro too.....
Oh well, every end is a new beginning..... And every beginning is a new end..... All things born will eventually die..... All things dead will eventually have sonmething live in it's place..... Such is the circle of all things.
A person dies, he provides food for decomps. Then he decomps. and becomes extremely fertile soil. A tree benefits from his death too. The tree dies, becomes a source of food/shelter for animals. They benefit from the tree and the man's death. The tree eventually rots like the man and becomes fertile soil as well, the cycle begins anew. No living thing is more important than another, remember that.

Crimson Crashing

Inferno - R.I.P <3
Awards
...............This sucks.......... Just getting to the end of Monstro too.....
Oh well, every end is a new beginning..... And every beginning is a new end..... All things born will eventually die..... All things dead will eventually have sonmething live in it's place..... Such is the circle of all things.
A person dies, he provides food for decomps. Then he decomps. and becomes extremely fertile soil. A tree benefits from his death too. The tree dies, becomes a source of food/shelter for animals. They benefit from the tree and the man's death. The tree eventually rots like the man and becomes fertile soil as well, the cycle begins anew. No living thing is more important than another, remember that.

>____________________>
All right.

Soren

Awards
(aimed at the first post) Wow, I never thought I'd ever hear those words come from an admin. But seriously, I had no idea how much you enjoyed making that thing. I kinda wish I got to see the rest of it now. (I got stuck at Monstro). I look forward to seeing whether or not there is a new RPG (which, if I read those posts before mine right, there's a good chance of that), and seeing how you build it this time.

...to be honest, I'm still amazed to see an admin being so kind than anything else. It's been so long since I've seen a post like this that I couldn't help but reply. I want to thank you for giving us that courtesy, and I look forward to seeing where your dreams will lead us.

~JD~

Yah i noticed that script didn't work in 4.0. i tried :\ BUT there are plenty of other RPG scripts, and you could do like rpg.khinsider.com and it wouldnt be apart of the forums, but you can potentially (if you have acess to the database) make it so you can sign in with your forum is and pass. They could share one database. It would have its own ACP and everything, it would be its own site, and potentially could even become better. PM me if you want, i know a couple good rpg scripts you could try if you wanted to do this.

Back