• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Deadly Sins and Exhausted Virtues

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morpheaus

Time In Perspective
“In other news, another victim was recently discovered in the area of Witmore Hills. This is the sixteenth victim in less than four weeks. In a resent statement release by the Federal Bureau of Investigations, it was stated that the as yet unnamed killer has a penchant for younger victims; most of his victims being between the ages of thirteen and twenty. It is also believed that he is moving across the Pacific Coast of the U.S.-“

The sound died abruptly as a care worn hand clicked the T.V off. The hand belonged to Edward Starks, a veteran agent for the F.B.I, and the lead agent on the case of a recent string of homicides. He sat down in silence, running his hand through his thick brown hair. Most women would take him for handsome even with the ever growing collection of crow’s feet around his eyes. He picked up a cold slice of pizza and took a bite before turning to the newest file on his desk. It was the autopsy file for the Whitmore Hills victim. Same M.O but with a new twist, most of the victims had been sexually assaulted even the men, but this one different. It seemed with every victim that the killer was becoming more of a puzzle. His first victim had been messy, inexperienced, and nervous; almost disastrously so. But the second had been flawless. Hair, semen, and even fiber samples had turned up nothing. Since then the case had only grown more baffling. He defied almost all the psychological profiles, and even though the victims were often found with signs of sexual assault there was never any D.N.A evidence.

Even calling the perpetrator ‘he’ was questionable, sexual assault of both sexes wasn’t uncommon for male serial killers, but the damage done to both male and female victims suggest a certain mount of jealousy for both sexes. Truth be told this case had grown out of hand; the number of victims in the last week along was both astonishing and frightening.

Edward made the decision to call in an old friend from college. She was beautiful, talented, and probably more intelligent than Edward himself. Picking up the phone he made the call to the East coast. After three rings the light but firm voice he remembered so well answered.

“Hello?”

“Deena, it’s Edward.” He said, in his usual cold voice.

“Edward. It’s good to hear from you again. It’s been so long.”

He smiled in spite of himself, and despite why he was calling it did feel good to talk to her. “I’m sorry Dee, but this isn’t just a friendly call.”

“I know, Edward, your voice always gives you away. I’ve been informed that you’re lead on the unnamed serial killer.”

“I need your help. He’s breaking all the rules, no one can get a good read on this guy,” he said, letting his shoulders slump. “I’m just at the end of my rope.”

“What do you need me to do?” She said. He could hear the soothing tone in her voice.

“Can you come down here, and help me catch him?”

Silence filled the line for a few seconds, and Edward thought she might say no. Then she was back. “I’ll need a day or two to straighten a few things out. But yes, I’ll be there.”

“Thank you, Dee. This is a lot to ask, but I need you with us on this.”

“Us? Hmm…You’re not a good liar, Edward. I’ll see you soon.”

Twenty minutes later Edward was chewing a piece of nicotine gum behind the wheel of company car. He didn’t know it yet but he’d just put his best friend in the line of fire. Seventy dead was the number attributed to this man, and that was just from linked case files. Deena Pilgrim may end up among them if Edward wasn’t too careful. But with this case everyone seemed to be in trouble.

All roles are male/female, unless they have been filled.

Ok this rp is a little different; as I am sure you can all tell. I’ll need these roles to be filled. Once these roles are filled the rp will begin and no further players will be accepted. You can make you character however you want but remember the details I have added.

Edwards’s partner: He/She is an F.B.I agent. College Education, and field training for a federal agent.- played by-

Deena Pilgrim: Psychic Profiler/Psychologist. Post Graduate, College Education, Accomplished
-played by-

The Serial killer: To be designed by the player. –played by-

F.B.I agents: (Any 3 people, first come first serve.) Young/Middle Aged with a college education. –played by-

Reporter/Informant: Should be self explanatory but any questions just pm me.

Coroner: Medical Degree, Post Graduate, Any Age.
-played by-

Victim: Can be played by anyone. Your role is limited.

~Rules~
1. No power playing or god moding.
2. You can not catch the killer. That would obviously ruin the story.
3. Romance encouraged.
4. F.B.I agents and only F.B.I. agents have weapons…And the killer…Stupid me
5. Be literate
6. Absolutely no one liners.
7. Have fun!!

Name:
Sex:
Appearance:
Personality:
Bio
Theme Song:

Katana

I can only express puzzlement, which borders on al
This rpg looks fun... you clearly put some work into it. Nice intro. :) Could I have the role of Deena? I figured I'd ask before I did any sort of bio/template, since they are specific people to sign up for instead of make up your own.... and I tend to spend a bit of time on my bios...

Last edited:

Morpheaus

Time In Perspective
Katana, you're more than welcome to play Deena. I'm sure you'll do the character justice. Percymort, this is no slight to you, but I'm looking for a more experienced rper to play the killer. You may of course take another role. I apologize for any insult.

BladesofJustice

I was hoping to be Edward's partner though.....
Name: Kernard Calvalry
Sex: Male
Height: 6'2
Appearance: Wears black leather trench coat, with black dress slacks and black dress shirt. Has a deep shade of black hair, but has slightly hazel eyes, from contacts.
Personality: Intelligent, usually thinks things through. Although brute force isn't a normal attribute for him using his mind to outwit an opponent is.
Bio: Kernard had seen a lot of things, killers, suicides, but after graduating and enrolling in the F.B.I he saw even more things that just perplexed him. Bodies with no trace of death, accidents with no answer of cause, but this new serial killer was even more different to him. Ever since growing up in his quiet suburban town, with his normal suburban parents and friends, he never figured himself examing bodies for evidence or staring a gun down the barrel. The truth was he had needed a change fro his dull life, something to stimulate his mind and this was it. Working with Edward for the first time on this new case he has come to respect Edward for his decision-making skills and quick-thinking. He wouldn't rather have anyone else on the team.
Theme Song: If it's okay, theme song to Stand Alone Complex Second Gig in the beginning.

Hope everything checks out Morph, another exciting rp

Morpheaus

Time In Perspective
Glad to have you all aboard. I'll try to get us a killer or I may just let the role be an npc. I'll put up a template and start this rp tomorrow night. Blades you can be the partner. I'm sorry Sora, but he got a template up faster.

Last edited:

Katana

I can only express puzzlement, which borders on al
OOC: I really hope you did mean to say “psychic” profiler. If not, I can edit that stuff out... or anything really :).

Name: Deena Pilgrim
Sex: female
Height: 5’4
Appearance: http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/2144/dee27kf.jpg
Personality: Intelligent, dedicated, hard-working, and kind. She puts others before herself and has a playful side, but doesn’t accept stupidity due to slacking. She is a good and loyal friend.

Bio: Deena grew up in a small town in Maine. She grew up knowing that she was slightly different, odd feelings or perceptions about certain things that would turn out to be accurate. Sometimes if something was ever missing, Deena would automatically know where it could be found. Though others might find it disturbing, Deena always accepted it. Deena keeps a cool head in panicked situations.

In college, Deena had been extremely involved different projects outside of her classes which she excelled in, doing everything from aiding social services, something that her abilities came in handy with, to things purely for pleasure, such as piano. She graduated summa cum laude, was in the honor society, and received a B.S. in psychology, planning to continue in the field. She even had her own article published in a psychological journal which had been based off her student thesis.

Despite her accomplishments, Deena has had fair share of stupid mistakes… Like most young college girls, Deena had had a thing for the “bad” dangerous types. Andrew Wheeler epitomized the stereotype. Deena was perceptive when it came to other people, but not always quite so much when it related directly to herself, especially at this point in her life. She ignored the warnings that went off in her head and the more vocal ones from her friends and married the guy right out of college. They weren’t married for a month before he tried to smack her around. After getting out of there, she immediately drove over to where Edward was currently living. She was kind of a mess at that point, but they both went to the police station together to file charges against Andrew. Deena made a mistake, but she was nothing if not a quick learner. If any man ever abused her, it was only going to happen once. The divorce went through quickly and her life was mostly back on track. Fortunately she hadn’t done anything so foolish as to stop plans for graduate school. Unfortunately, despite the divorce, it wasn’t the end of Andrew Wheeler. He began following her everywhere and she was forced to get a restraining order against him. Eventually with Edward’s help, he finally just left her alone. She managed to make something positive out of the experience and Deena ended up switching from clinical to criminal psychology in graduate school, eventually becoming a criminal profiler. The job was particularly suited towards her due to her already uncanny knack for reading people as well as her other abilities in locating them. When she was younger, she had known where to find a local boy when he thought to play a joke on everyone, by hiding out for days, and now she was often able to get a read on where a serial rapist might be hiding a victim or which of a line of suspects was most likely to be the guilty one. Her accuracy was phenomenal, but perhaps the only reason people didn’t see her as another psychic kook was because she backed up all of her instincts with her knowledge of criminal psychology. If there was a life and death situation, with no time to choose, she’d simply rely on her gut, but otherwise, she made damned sure that she was right in her judgments. Her psychic abilties Deena isn’t really a field agent. She was never particularly interested in learning “how to kill people,” especially not when she can sometimes read the imprints and get emotions from a particularly brutal death merely by walking around a location where someone was killed. She is usually sent in after a site is secure to get a read about what a killer might do next, or through crime scene photographs and evidence, and often does psychological evaluations of serial killers and other disturbed criminals after they have been brought in. On occasion, she has been put into dangerous situations and handled herself pretty well, but that hasn’t happened with great frequency. Deena is extremely good at her job and threw herself into it over the following years. She doesn’t have a family and never remarried, having no desire to get into all that again, even though she is no longer the naïve girl she had been back then. Her life is her work and her friends, however much she sees of them. Though she was busy when Edward called, she was willing enough to drop everything and come to help, detecting the worry in the call, even though his tone was cool as usual. He would after all do the same for her.

Theme Song: Strange and Beautiful- Aqualung

Morpheaus

Time In Perspective
I'll have a template up for this rp tomorrow. I may wait till the weekend to start us off. Everyone is busy with finals lately, so I'm trying to decide if it would be best to put this off for another week. If you'll be willing to play the role then, Katana, just tell me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back