• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

DDD spoiler: So what was the point of KH2?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Oh god...That would just be TOO wrong. :c
He caused so many people pain, just..nah.
Yeah, it would be wrong on so many levels. Disney itself doesn't let its villains off that easy; a lot of them have died in remarkably violent and spectacular ways, even though their crimes are completely dwarfed by Xehanort's resume. Letting the creep off scot-free would be completely out of character for both Square AND Disney.

Sephiroth0812 said:
Which actually also goes in line with Xehanort's character trait and continuous habit to "experiment" and just sit back and see what happens.
He tried to use a shortcut and theorized that maybe by making the light and dark hearts he wanted to use "pure" he could make up the missing numbers of the proper method.

In his curiosity Xehanort just thought: "Eh, let's see if something useful comes about this shortcut-method I'm trying out. Since I've now found a new main vessel in Terra, I can just let this experiment run along with my other plans. If it works, great, my theory is proven and I saved time. If it doesn't, well, bad luck, have to try something different then and take another road."
The main "goal" of Xehanort in BBS was as such definitely getting Terra's body as a vessel, as with that he could try again more than once to get the X-blade if his "shortcut"-experiment with just two hearts didn't work.

And since Xehanort treats other hearts like "bottles on a shelf" and doesn't care about other individuals, he can follow such "experiments" regardless of how many suffer because of it without even blinking once.

You know, this post just reminded me... our understanding and the identity of the franchise's Big Bad has changed so much over time, but one thing hasn't changed since 2002: he's always been a mad scientist. Always just doing these experiments that casually destroy hearts and worlds, and for what reason? He just wanted answers.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
if xehanort cops out and deprives me of my decade and a half old culmination I'll probably visit the execs' office and ask what the fuck up.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
(assuming the game doesn't end with him repenting and the heroes sparing his life).

Uh, considering just how much of a buttload of crimes he has committed I doubt that these can be "repented" for in just a single action or saying "I'm sorry".
If they truly wanted to have someone like Xehanort repent, he would need to have a new character arc where he has to play "The atoner" for an extended period of time.

However, the way they have built up Xehanort's character so far does not paint the picture that he would be someone who would want to repent.

You know, this post just reminded me... our understanding and the identity of the franchise's Big Bad has changed so much over time, but one thing hasn't changed since 2002: he's always been a mad scientist. Always just doing these experiments that casually destroy hearts and worlds, and for what reason? He just wanted answers.

Indeed, this is a character trait that has persisted through all of Xehanort's different incarnations and portrayals throughout the whole series.
The immense curiosity he has that leads him to pursue answers without any regard to who might get hurt in the process.
"I want these answers, everyone else, persons and worlds alike, be damned."

Eraqus coined it best:
"You would risk an apocalypse out of sheer curiosity?"

Xehanort:
"Uh yea? So what? YOLO..."

Ok, Xehanort didn't really answer like that, but that's what he thinks.

Xehanort's attitude can really be summed up quite neatly with a quote from Sandor Clegane from A Song of Ice and Fire slightly modified:
Eraqus: "Wait, Xehanort. There is a reason the precepts bar us from such knowledge."
Xehanort: "Fuck the reason, fuck the precepts, fuck the Universe!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back