• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

DC Nation | SHAZAM! - April 2019

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
[video=youtube;NMLdqwMU2OU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMLdqwMU2OU[/video]​

A thread for the new Cartoon Network programming block coming in 2012.

So far the block will consist of -

Series:

• Young Justice
  • Green Lantern: The Animated Series
  • Beware the Batman
Shorts:

• Plastic Man
  • Doom Patrol
  • Super Best Friends Forever (from Lauren Faust, creator of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
  • LEGO Batman
  • Batman (by Aardman Animations)
  • Teen Titans (chibi style shorts based in the old Teen Titans GO! cartoon)
  • Blue Beetle (live action)
  • Gotham City Impostors

On top of that there will also be behind the scenes featurettes.

Who's excited?

Last edited by a moderator:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: DC Nation

Best block ever (minus the fact both GL and BtB are in 3D yeah i'm still not over that)

oh my god the shorts and the behind the scenes CN why do you win me over so?

Super Best Friends Forever (from Lauren Faust, creator of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)

I am so excite.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

dude those shorts sound ballin' as fuck

idc about btb and gl being in 3d anymore this block sounds awesome

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards

dude those shorts sound ballin' as bonk

idc about btb and gl being in 3d anymore this block sounds awesome
I love the fact that the shorts are so diverse but I hope to see some like the Jonah Hex and Spectre shorts that were with the Under the Red Hood and Crisis on Two Earths.

soooooo looking forward to the Plas short, though.

first post edited for trailer.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards

BtB I can deal with as long as its interesting, bu GL was a bit of a let down this past weekend.

Cannot wait. CN is getting back up there.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards

Everthing looks great. Can't wait for this programming block.

Excited for Chibi Titans, more YJ, and the behind the scenes stuff.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards

So Cartoon Network finally wised up and realized their line up sucked? They've given me a reason to actually turn my TV on. I wasn't feeling Chibi Teen Titans or Lego Batman, but for like the 5 seconds they showed up, they seemed cool. Did they show that Batman short? I want to know what they mean by "short" and how they'll handle them exactly.

Beware The Batman will definitely need some "wow" factor to impress me. "Gun-totting" Alfred Pennyworth is not my idea of a Batman cartoon

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

*v* Teen Titans shorts...with the original voice actors, it appears. <3 How perfect and I am really interested in what I assume was Gotham City Imposters. Sad they didn't show any BtB because I don't know what to expect from it

Zero

Sergeant RoxMog

When I saw the commercial I was like "Cool CN!", then I saw they were gonna add stuff to the channel lineup and I thought "DC is ballin!", then I saw a clip of Chibi TT and I was like "FTMGSHKDFGPFBJAFW!!!!!!", then I heard Robin and Ravens voice and died. It would be so beast if they brought back the show right where it left off. Also, the Blue Beetle thing looks sick and the Clay Batman short that I saw was good for a small laugh so this looks promising.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards

Just so we're clear on this... when you are saying Aardman Animations, you mean Wallace and Grommit Aardman Animations right? (is now imagining Batman in W&G style claymation)

I'm excited for this, or I would be if the local CN channel wasn't a year behind on everyone else, tends to dub absolutely everything nowadays and generally doesn't do programming blocks like this. ;~; It is quite literally too awesome to be shown here.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

I wanna be excited but I'm not sure if BtB is gonna be all stupid like The Brave and The Bold. They were singing, man!

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com

Brave and the Bold was just an homage to the Adam West era Batman, it was never meant to be taken seriously. Beware the Batman, based on the art I saw for it, looks like it'll be more on the dark side of things. But Batman looks really weird, like someone stretched his face or something.

I most look forward to that Blue Beetle live action short. That's gonna be interesting. And the animation for Gotham City Imposters looks wicked.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

BatB was awesome! Idk what you are talking about, Chuman.

Gonna be Stooge-like for the moment and say that BtB is being made by Glen Murakami, the man who did Teen Titans. If you enjoye that you may enjoy BtB. (of course I have my trepidations considering the art direction, the 3D, and Alfred with guns...)

Amazing

Beware the batman looks like piece of crap. "Katana as his ally and a gun-toting Alfred"? O.0 Really DC? -_-

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards

I've actually opened up a bit to gun-toting Alfred. It's Batman that shouldn't pick up a gun, Alfred gets a free pass. As for Katana... At least that means they're open to trying something new (in animation at least) rather than going for the most obvious picks.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back