• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

DC Nation | SHAZAM! - April 2019

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Re: DC Nation

Except his medic skills, not his skills with the gun, are what actually pop in most bat-comics.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Except his medic skills, not his skills with the gun, are what actually pop in most bat-comics.

This. I know Alfred has probably used guns before for his work but it isn't the first thing I imagine when somebody says "Alfred Pennyworth". No doubt the man can fight and defend himself, but when you think about Alfred using a gun next to Bruce who hates guns, it makes no sense.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards

This. I know Alfred has probably used guns before for his work but it isn't the first thing I imagine when somebody says "Alfred Pennyworth". No doubt the man can fight and defend himself, but when you think about Alfred using a gun next to Bruce who hates guns, it makes no sense.
Alfred's a soldier. Bruce isn't. Alfred has killed. Bruce can't.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

Not like they don't have any sort of meaningful relationship at all. Because if Alfred shot a guy, Bruce would totally give him a "i respect your different viewpoints" bro-fist

because alfred would totally be "yo bonk you and your stupid aversion to guns, bitches love guns"

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Not like they don't have any sort of meaningful relationship at all. Because if Alfred shot a guy, Bruce would totally give him a "i respect your different viewpoints" bro-fist

because alfred would totally be "yo bonk you and your stupid aversion to guns, bitches love guns"

yeah, seriously.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com

When I said he reminds me of Norman, I meant I pictured him using heavy caliber machine guns and rocket launchers, just going Rambo on folks while wearing a fine tux. I'd enjoy that. Bruce would be all "Alfred, calm down and put away the weapon of mass destruction."

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards

Most versions of Alfred have him being a former British Intelligence or SAS agent. How do you think he knows how to patch Bruce up?

That's pretty much the reason I got over it. Got reminded of an old B:TAS episode where some of his former duties came into play.
Also: while you are correct in this matter, knowing how to patch someone up =/= profiency with guns.

Relix

A traveler
Awards

CN is becoming a priority again. I couldn't be happier. Chibi titans, YJ, BtB, and all those awesome shorts = Happy me.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

BatB was awesome! Idk what you are talking about, Chuman.

Gonna be Stooge-like for the moment and say that BtB is being made by Glen Murakami, the man who did Teen Titans. If you enjoye that you may enjoy BtB. (of course I have my trepidations considering the art direction, the 3D, and Alfred with guns...)

I never said it wasn't, it's just that I've been losing faith in Cartoon Network ever since Toonami ended, so I can't be too sure.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I never said it wasn't, it's just that I've been losing faith in Cartoon Network ever since Toonami ended, so I can't be too sure.

"I wanna be excited but I'm not sure if BtB is gonna be all stupid like The Brave and The Bold." :\ idk sounds exactly like you said that.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

"I wanna be excited but I'm not sure if BtB is gonna be all stupid like The Brave and The Bold." :\ idk sounds exactly like you said that.

I see what you mean. I apologize for the rude comment and misunderstanding.

Amazing

Most versions of Alfred have him being a former British Intelligence or SAS agent. How do you think he knows how to patch Bruce up?

I know that but it just feels so out of place seeing as how the only time we see Alfred with a piece is when one of Bruce's enemies is actually able to be cunning enough to trace him back to his lair. So far only a few have managed to do that. And only at times when Bruce was at his weakest or subdued. Before the retcon that was one hell of a rarity.

Also Katana should be Robin with Nightwing and Cassandra freaking Cain who is being ignored to hell and back. It pisses me off to no freaking end.

@Ethnic Woman

Ah, ah I agreed with you before you went to Brave and the Bold. That show is actually good. Beware the Batman looks like complete crap.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards

So I was thinking we could revamp this thread as a DC animation general, instead of just being about the specific programming block. But I'm leaving the name alone because it suits.

Anyone can talk about any previous DC cartoon in this thread. Be it Teen Titans, Batman: The Animated Series, Superman: The Animated Series, Static Shock or even Superfriends. I also figure this should be the prime destination for the animated movies like the upcoming Superman vs. the Elite and the Dark Knight Returns and all previous entries. It just seems better instead of making separate threads that only last five pages each. I'll probably play around with the name if any thing big comes out.

Here's some clips:

[video=youtube;hXUu91JrpzA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXUu91JrpzA[/video]

[video=youtube;nOIubRA3KHg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOIubRA3KHg[/video]

[video=youtube;FwRrYeczTyc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwRrYeczTyc[/video]

Earlier this afternoon I also watched the first couple of episodes of the Superman: The Animated Series. The first episode was so amazingly good. I thought I'd seen every origin story for the character but this was definitely the best take on Krypton I've seen. The next two aren't too shabby either. I'm very excited to get really stuck into it and see how the whole Apokalips invasion comes about. If you haven't see the show, I highly recommend it.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com

Well, other than a few exceptions, I haven't seen that many DC shows. I never even watched Justice League, so I don't know if there's much I-....

Static Shock

AKSNFKADSNKLFNMALSMFKLDMF

My childhood!!! Lol but nah, good idea here.

Bruh...being the DC/Superman fan you are, you never watched Superman: The Animated Series before? Surprising.

And I'm not the biggest fan of either DC or Marvel's little blocks. I don't think two 30 minute shows makes a legitimate block. They need at least two more programs each.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards

Well, other than a few exceptions, I haven't seen that many DC shows. I never even watched Justice League, so I don't know if there's much I-....
You should check out Justice League and then maybe work backwards? The Timm guys, like Alan Burnett, Paul Dini and Dwayne McDuffie are exceptionally solid storytellers. I wasn't surprised to see Paul Dini and Alan Burnett wrote that first amazing episode of S:TAS.

Bruh...being the DC/Superman fan you are, you never watched Superman: The Animated Series before? Surprising.
I didn't get into Superman until I was 15, which was like 11 years too late and the Australian television networks are notoriously bad at airing cartoons. Everything is out of order or a repeat. It's also not available on DVD here.

And I'm not the biggest fan of either DC or Marvel's little blocks. I don't think two 30 minute shows makes a legitimate block. They need at least two more programs each.
I think DC is aiming to do that. I'd like to think they're working on another Superman cartoon to tie into the new movie. Or at least they should be. Man, I tell you, if I could work on Superman cartoon there's so much I'd love to do...

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

I didn't get into Superman until I was 15, which was like 11 years too late and the Australian television networks are notoriously bad at airing cartoons. Everything is out of order or a repeat. It's also not available on DVD here.

You're in for a treat. I don't see it getting a lot of rep compared to say BTAS but STAS was a damn good show.

And that song!

[video=youtube;iZrojb2NhfM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZrojb2NhfM[/video]

I don't want to be cliche but BTAS is probably my favorite of the DCAU bunch. Not just because it's Batman, but because the show was so stylish, mature (as in legitimately mature, not "hurp durp dark and edgy") and well-written. The later shows are obviously great but they just don't have the same "atmosphere".

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards

Recently watching Batman: The Animated Series. Appreciate so many of the episodes so much more now, haven't really watched much of it since my childhood but watching it now. Fantastic series.

On season 2 currently, I think so far my favourite episodes have been most of the Joker serials and 'The Feat of Clay' arc. Thing I've most liked is how villains who I've never really been that big fans of such as Mad Hatter and Clayface have actually had my opinion changed on them.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards

I've been making my way through Batman: The Animated Series as well. I'm currently on episode 6, "Bane", of season 2. This cartoon is an absolutely FANTASTIC way to get into the Batman mythos.

As of late, I've noticed that the 1989 Batman movie influenced the cartoon a lot.

Here's a good example:

vs.

I've never watched Burton's Batman movies.

After I finish B:TAS, I'm gonna finish watching Batman Beyond, and make my way through Justice League. I saw it as a kid, but I'll appreciate it more now that I'm actually into superheros.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards

You're in for a treat. I don't see it getting a lot of rep compared to say BTAS but STAS was a damn good show.
Just watched the fourth episode with Toyman. Never was much of a Toyman fan but it was still a great episode. Straight out of the gate I'm enjoying this a hell of a lot. Personally, I found the first bunch of B:TAS episodes a bit of a struggle to get through. And yeah, I've noticed that too. I'm constantly disappointed with how people dismiss Superman.

And that song!
Shirley Walker was amazing!

After I finish B:TAS, I'm gonna finish watching Batman Beyond, and make my way through Justice League. I saw it as a kid, but I'll appreciate it more now that I'm actually into superheros.
And Superman?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back