• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Days or BBS?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Which did you like

• I prefer Birth by Sleep

Votes: 50 68.5%
  • I prefer Days

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I liked both equally

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • I liked neither of them

Votes: 3 4.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

blueheart

Bronze Member
It seems like the forums are split on two sides. (I know that is a stereotypical and very black-and-white view, but I have noticed a few posts like this) But I was curious, which game do you prefer? Do you like one more than the other? Did you like both? Or did you like neither?

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
Birth By Sleep, better graphics. It answered some things people were wondering about but still left plot holes. I just prefer it.

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member
I like both, but I have to say BBS was a lot more tragic than Days. I mean, with Ventus sacrificing his heart to save his friends, but only to end up making things worst by MX being able to fuse himself to Terra's body. As opposed to, Roxas going back to TWTNW and trying to defeat the Organization on his own only to get his butt kicked when Riku took Ansem SoD's form and being stuck into a virtual TT against his own will. Xion may have been destroyed, but at least she was able to be Roxas' side when he joined back with Sora. Unlike, Aqua being stuck in the Realm of Darkness and finding no way to go to save her friends while eleven years slip by.

Love Machine

strut strut strut
Birth by Sleep had a better story to me, though I did like how Days went along with KHI, and showed what the Organization was planning during the events. But, all in all, I would choose Birth by Sleep.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
BBS.
Better story. Better characters. Better gameplay. Better soundtrack
Better everything.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
Days is the best game in the series, better than that shit BBS that was for the DS...

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
I think you did. And you call yourself a fan.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
I choose BBS because it had better graphics and boobs.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I know I want to try and be impartial between the two games because I like the KH series, but I know that I can't bring myself to say that and mean it. Birth by Sleep had its flaws, but overall, it came down to how the games were setup, with Bbs having a more KH pattern opposed to Days' mission system which ultimately made the difference.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
I thought you liked Days better?

It's hard to tell if people are trolling or not here.
Psst, I chose I like both equally. :)
I just don't like when people hate on days like its the worst in the series, I like all the KH games, but to me, nothing beats KH1, that game was magical and gave me a warm fuzzy feeling. I stick up for all the games, even though I lost interest in the KH franchise, it still holds a small place in my heart. (see what I did there? I said heart,)

sora364

Inactive until DDD NA Release.
Awards
Let's See:

GAMEPLAY

Days

-Recycled worlds we have been playing since the Big Bang. ******* AGRABAH!!!
-Tedious and often repetetive missions
+ More difficult than Kingdom Hearts II
+ Panel System (this is debatable)
-Does very little to distinguish itself from its predecessors aside from Limit Breaks.

Birth By Sleep

+ All worlds are essentially new, even Radiant Garden and Olympus Coliseum.

+Even while traversing the same worlds through three seperate scenarios-it was always new and refreshing due to some areas being exclusively accessible to either of the 3.

+The command decks, command styles, shotlocks, and plethora of new magic/physical commands borrowed from Chain of Memories make it the most superior gameplay wise out of any KH game to date.

+You can actually die in Proud Moud.

From a story perspective, I nod towards Birth By Sleep. Granted, I seriously enjoyed Days' story (loved the Trio's relationship)and its ending is by far my favorite in KH history thus far-its pacing and lack of interaction with characters who are not Xion or Axel sullies the immersion. In fact, there is no genuine sense of "conflict" in the story aside from Sai'x being a complete jackass earlier on and by the time **** gets real...it's treading dangerously close to the end of the game. Sai'x was satisfactory, but the rest of the Org. XIII was underwhelming-they could have been far more involved. Xemnas makes like, what, three appearances tops?

Still, I must give its ending credit for actually making me sad in a KH game, something not even Birth By Sleep accomplished. Aside from that, Birth By Sleep wins in every category (and BBS' ending was still awesome) but the "faint traces of hope" made it less emotional for me. Alas, no character in Days can compete with Vanitas so BBS wins by default for having superior characters :p I do not even see a reason to justify my preference when it comes to the story.

Awards
My main reason for disliking Days so much is because it offered the story nothing. Instead of progress, it just bombarded us with more clutter. I don't see why Xion was so important that she had to be put in the game. If the game was fan-service, they could have at least gone more in depth with the members of the organization/their origin. I can see a lot of people that would enjoy that more.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I think they are equals.
BBS' story created more questions than answered, and was way too short. It was a good story though until the end, but should have had unique tutorials/prologues for each character as you cannot relate to them, and you only get attached to them because you play the story three times.

Day's story didn't answer the questions we thought it would, and the pacing was terrible. Although, once you hit Day 255, the story blasts off, and albeit only a couple hours after that, every moment was amazing and definitely better than BBS. I believe it should have been made with BBS spoilers and released after BBS, so more Xemnas-Xehanort-MX-AnsemSOD-Terra questions and Roxas-Ven questions coud of been answered.

BBS' Gameplay was great, but so many of the commands were just altered versions of each other. Also, once you beat the game, there wasn't much to do.

Day's Gameplay was tedious because of the missions, and the absence of free roaming was disappointing. The Panel system was well made though, and after you beat the game, it made a nice challenge working toward getting 100%.

Re:coded is the best of the Trilogy.

I think you did. And you call yourself a fan.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I was expecting something like this:
37764_kingdom_hearts_birth_by_sleep.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back