• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Database errors out the ass

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

E.J.

~yaranaika
Awards
I am getting so many database errors, it's ridiculous. I get one when visiting almost every thread. I'm pretty sure you said it was fixed, staff. What's up with this?

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
SpDude fixed the main issue that crippled the entire site, that doesn't mean everything is dandy with all the users. I myself couldn't get on until today, so yeah, problem solved in the mainstream at the very least.

[EDIT]

Actually:

Shamedo said:
The database that contains user signatures was malfunctioning, so that any page on the forum that displayed a signature would generate a database error. This is why so many of you received them when going to specific threads. We've been working with the server host to fix the issue, and hopefully we've got it fixed for good this time. If it goes down again it could be the signature database or another related database. But now, you know why.

Here's hoping against that happening. ;p

State

Awards
Although this may seem extremist, I'll be disabling my signature just in case, even though it won't help that much.

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards
I doubt the amount of signatures had much to do with it. It was just an error in the database itself.
Then again I'm no pro at this stuff. Just a wild guess. :B But I suppose they would have disabled our signatures automatically if it was because of that.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I doubt the amount of signatures had much to do with it. It was just an error in the database itself.
Then again I'm no pro at this stuff. Just a wild guess. :B But I suppose they would have disabled our signatures automatically if it was because of that.

-melts at the kitty in your sig-

Not the amount, but I think the processing. Leaving the sigs on actually helps to identify if the error will occur again. Turning them off does help to prevent it. I'm sure if it does mess up again they will disable sigs and see. This is all my guessing as well, though. But the site seems stable now.

D

Deleted member 36435

Interesting. I have signatures off and I was still getting those errors.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
I am getting so many database errors, it's ridiculous. I get one when visiting almost every thread. I'm pretty sure you said it was fixed, staff. What's up with this?
mfw i read this

24e293b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back