• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Data Sora

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenin

Banned
I'm not sure if this has been talked about already or not. (Haven't been on here in a while). But I have recently beaten Coded and I have a few questions dealing with Data Sora (or Dora as me and my friends called him for a minute.) Some of these apply to Riku or Journal. I'm not sure what we've decided to call him.

First question. Would you label him as a new character or just Sora's Memory? I mean he did have his own adventures and made his friends in different ways. He also kinda grew his own character if you notice.(This also applys to Riku(Journal))

Secondly, Do you believe we will ever see Data Sora(Dora xD) again? I suppose this kinda rests on the answer to question one. If he is a seperate character is it possible Sora could go into Data Space one day and meet Sora(Dora) or Riku(Journal)?

Thirdly. At the end of Coded is it meant to be known Sora(Dora) remembers the adventure at the begining of Coded or he still forgets it. Also does Sora(Dora) remember these events at all or does he just go back to reliving Sora's events as if he's just a memory or a recording?

Please don't flame if these have been asked all ready. As I've said I have been gone forever. So if this has been discussed fill me in please! And if not...let's figure this thing out. Also don't hate the Dora thing...I apologize...

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards
First question. Would you label him as a new character or just Sora's Memory? I mean he did have his own adventures and made his friends in different ways. He also kinda grew his own character if you notice.(This also applys to Riku(Journal))

No. I'd label him as Sora. He acts like Sora, thinks like Sora, he is Sora. Think of it this way, in KH2, Roxas was friends with Heyner, Pence and Olette within the data Twilight Town. Would you label them as seperate characters from the ones Sora met in the real Twilight Town?

Secondly, Do you believe we will ever see Data Sora(Dora xD) again? I suppose this kinda rests on the answer to question one. If he is a seperate character is it possible Sora could go into Data Space one day and meet Sora(Dora) or Riku(Journal)?

It is possible that Sora could go into the journal of his KH1 adventures and meet himself. Why would that be impossible?

Thirdly. At the end of Coded is it meant to be known Sora(Dora) remembers the adventure at the begining of Coded or he still forgets it. Also does Sora(Dora) remember these events at all or does he just go back to reliving Sora's events as if he's just a memory or a recording?

That was already explained within the game. When the journal is put back into working order, everything resets and restores itself back to how it should be.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net

I'm with Zero Sora on this one. It's been basically said in-game that D-Sora is as good as Sora himself. Donald and Goofy said they made the same friend twice, indicating that two people who've been by Sora's side for a good two years day in day out through thick and thin admit that D-Sora = Sora. Good enough for me, even without the obvious similarities and lacks of contradictions.
More so than growing his own character, it was just Sora as we know it living through a new adventure while still remaining Sora. This isn't Xion who became a completely new person or even Repliku who, as said in Days, became his own person and there you really did feel the difference between Riku and his Replica (the real thing wasn't half the drama queen, for starters...).

To expand on what Zero Sora said, based on what the virtual HPO's been through with Roxas, the originals came to see Sora off when he left TLTW. So not only is there no reason for them to act differently, it looks like the data copies are connected to the originals upon which they're based, further nullifying the differences.

I fail to see the reason, personally. Unless the adventure they underwent inside the journal messed things up further or something (like how D-Riku's partition wasn't reset while D-Sora's was, leaving new data that wasn't Sora's original journey in there.)

That depends on if you think that D-Sora feeling 'at ease' with Donald and Goofy is because his own Memories/Data/whatever is still there, or because as the Data Sora, he has access to information inside the Journal he didn't reach yet chronologically. If it's the former, the data's still there but D-Sora returned to being just that - Sora's representation inside the journal. Otherwise, nope, gone. Alternatively - future bugs .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back