• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Data Install

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The Spoiler

This is a question I have been wanting to ask for a while...

What is the third option in the start menu "Data Install" do?

The Fishman

Keyblade Master
i guess it's for how much space you want to use to install the game and to save
not sure though

Venitas

it allows the UMD 2 download certain data on to the memory stick in order to reduce load times. there r 3 options when u open the data install menu:

the more data u install, the faster the load time. however, the more data u install, the longer the wait...

T

The Spoiler

I dont get it... does it take up extra memory? With all four different stories saved its already almost a whole gig!

Aerora

Data Install is a feature that installs certain data (I have no idea what) onto your memory card. This allows the game to load faster, since loading from the UMD is slower than from the memory card.

Pretty simple, really. /doesn't have BBS, but has Dissidia

The more you choose to install, the longer the install takes, but the faster the waits between scenes/moving to rooms become.

T

The Spoiler

Data Install is a feature that installs certain data (I have no idea what) onto your memory card. This allows the game to load faster, since loading from the UMD is slower than from the memory card.

Pretty simple, really. /doesn't have BBS, but has Dissidia

The more you choose to install, the longer the install takes, but the faster the waits between scenes/moving to rooms become.
So its kind of like installing the game to your memory card/sytem like the way you instll games to the XBOX 360 to make them faster and whatnot?

Aerora

So its kind of like installing the game to your memory card/sytem like the way you instll games to the XBOX 360 to make them faster and whatnot?

Yeah. The only benefit of installing/reason to install is that it runs faster, AFAIK.

T

The Spoiler

Yes, it uses up memory on your memory stick as it draws from that memory since it's faster than it reading from the UMD. AFAIK = As Far As I Know.
So wait... do you still even need the UMD? Or will you go to the memory stick where you keep demos and stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back