• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Data Battles KH2/KH3 help

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Vulpes XIII

Awards
I decided I want to try finishing of the rest of the data battles in KH2/ KH3, I gave up last time as I was finding it really difficult and got distracted with other games. I’m determined to do it this time but I’ve been trying to beat all of them for a while now and was wondering if anyone has any advice? Any help would be appreciated.These are my character stats:

KH2 Sora ( Standard mode)
Level 75 ( I know It would be better if I was level 99,but I don’t want to level up to 99 and then end up being too overpowered for the fights, also I’m not too sure if level 80 would be overpowered or not)

Strength 51
Magic 48
Defense 57
Main Keyblade -Decisive Pumpkin
Valor -Rumbling Rose
Master - Oblivion
Final - Bond of Flame

Still need to beat:
Xemnas
Xigbar
Xaldin
Lexaeus
Zexion
Roxas

KH3 Sora ( Standard mode)

Level 73 ( Same thing I said about KH2)
Strength 73
Magic 66
Defense 56

Keyblades
Wheel of Fate
Hero’s Orgin
OathKeeper

The only members I’ve beaten are Luxord,Marluxia and Larxene

the red monster

Awards
level 99 won't make you overpowered or even near that. i think they were pretty much designed for level 99.
best tips (kh3) is probably use elixirs, links during DM so you won't die by the time they're finished (mostly simba), counter kick instead of slash (especially for xigbar and MX)
as for keyblades, switch hero's orgin for kingdom key, and wheel of fate for ultima weapon if you have that.
use food boost for extra damage/defence/hp etc.

for KH2, spam reflect on xigbar (final form makes this fight super easy)/roxas (you can cheese the fight with max ether+limit form&attacks) /xemnas/lexaeus fights.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
As @the red monster stated, being at level 99 won't make you overpowered. In fact in case of the KH3 Data bosses, it won't make too much of a difference. What will are your setup and your stats. Grinding Defense Up is what will make you somewhat OP, I say somewhat because you can still easily die if you don't learn the fights and that is what the data battles is all about.

Making sure you have the right abilities and counter attacks. Also learning the proper time to guard/block. There is a difference between guard spamming and guarding. These bosses punish guard spamming, as you need timing the right time and finding the opening. Also learning the DM's is a must. A link summon can help you survive, I abuse that all the time for the longer ones, like Saix's DM that is one of the scariest things in all KH. Also having abilities and equipment that protect against status effects will save you. Panacea is good for certain bad effects. But the quickest way to beat them is learning the fights. KH3's fights go that way.

I myself haven't finished all the KH2 Data Fights. I think I only have Xemnas and Axel left. Axel was too gimmicky for me, I know you can loop him and cheese the fight, I just haven't done it yet due to losing interest in favor of KH3's datas LOL. But Reflect works well for the ones you have left. If you are good at his reaction command, spam that on Roxas and he'll go down fast. I suck at it so I had to beat him the long way.

Vulpes XIII

Awards
level 99 won't make you overpowered or even near that. i think they were pretty much designed for level 99.
best tips (kh3) is probably use elixirs, links during DM so you won't die by the time they're finished (mostly simba), counter kick instead of slash (especially for xigbar and MX)
as for keyblades, switch hero's orgin for kingdom key, and wheel of fate for ultima weapon if you have that.
use food boost for extra damage/defence/hp etc.

for KH2, spam reflect on xigbar (final form makes this fight super easy)/roxas (you can cheese the fight with max ether+limit form&attacks) /xemnas/lexaeus fights.

Thanks for the advice I’m definitely going to level up some more and I would of never thought about using summons before as I actually didn’t use them in the base game I didn’t use food in base game either did the cooking game a lot just never used the stuff I made looks like they’ll have a use now lol . I’ll try switching to the Kingdom Key but unfortunately I don’t have Ultima Keyblade, looks like I’m going to need some more max ethers as well.

As @the red monster stated, being at level 99 won't make you overpowered. In fact in case of the KH3 Data bosses, it won't make too much of a difference. What will are your setup and your stats. Grinding Defense Up is what will make you somewhat OP, I say somewhat because you can still easily die if you don't learn the fights and that is what the data battles is all about.

Making sure you have the right abilities and counter attacks. Also learning the proper time to guard/block. There is a difference between guard spamming and guarding. These bosses punish guard spamming, as you need timing the right time and finding the opening. Also learning the DM's is a must. A link summon can help you survive, I abuse that all the time for the longer ones, like Saix's DM that is one of the scariest things in all KH. Also having abilities and equipment that protect against status effects will save you. Panacea is good for certain bad effects. But the quickest way to beat them is learning the fights. KH3's fights go that way.

I myself haven't finished all the KH2 Data Fights. I think I only have Xemnas and Axel left. Axel was too gimmicky for me, I know you can loop him and cheese the fight, I just haven't done it yet due to losing interest in favor of KH3's datas LOL. But Reflect works well for the ones you have left. If you are good at his reaction command, spam that on Roxas and he'll go down fast. I suck at it so I had to beat him the long way.

Thanks you for the advice as well, I need to practice guard blocks and reactions times then. I’ve never been the greatest at guarding as the moment I mess something up I find myself trying to spam guard so I don’t die and I’m not the quickest at reaction times so I find Roxas instantly killing me most of the time and It’s definitely luck when I do manage the reaction times. I totally agree about Axel fight being gimmicky and in my opinion the gimmick became annoying after a while . I might try using some defense boosts just to help my stats slightly as I think my stats might be a bit low but not use them to the point of being overpowered though.

Awards
Each one has a different strategy. I'd look them up individually on Youtube. It's like with Demyx there's a magic combo you can use to take out the water notes fast. With Luxord I like to keep pausing the game during the end minigame to make it easier. I've only done KH3 once and I'm about to start it again so I can do the DLC. I don't remember with those. I didn't even remember it had data battles lol. I have to do all the games over because my saves are missing. So I'll let you know when I get to it. :)

Vulpes XIII

Awards
Each one has a different strategy. I'd look them up individually on Youtube. It's like with Demyx there's a magic combo you can use to take out the water notes fast. With Luxord I like to keep pausing the game during the end minigame to make it easier. I've only done KH3 once and I'm about to start it again so I can do the DLC. I don't remember with those. I didn't even remember it had data battles lol. I have to do all the games over because my saves are missing. So I'll let you know when I get to it. :)
Thanks for the advice :) when it came to the Luxord data fight I also had to keep pausing during the card mini game as I don’t know if I would of been able to win that fight if I didn’t pause since i’ve never been good at those types of mini games probably the reason I don’t like any of the fights he‘s in except the one in the Keyblade Graveyard, hope you enjoy the DLC

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I remember using the pause trick on KH2FM Data Luxord. I got super lucky and got it first try and beat him, but I'll always remember how nervous I was when he set up those big cards for his DM.

Awards
Thanks for the advice :) when it came to the Luxord data fight I also had to keep pausing during the card mini game as I don’t know if I would of been able to win that fight if I didn’t pause since i’ve never been good at those types of mini games probably the reason I don’t like any of the fights he‘s in except the one in the Keyblade Graveyard, hope you enjoy the DLC

I just made it to the data battles. I can't believe we have to do this again. LOL! I did Larxene and Luxord and I'm scared to touch Marluxia and Demyx incase they're the same.

Edit: There is no Demyx <3. Oh god the counter is on Marluxia's. NOOOOO!

Edit #2: That 99 counter at the end that goes down really fast while he adds armor and doesn't let you hit him scared me to death. Idk how I did it. :p

Edit#3: My fingers are about to fall off after Xemnas. That was beyond...

Final edit: No. Yozora takes the cake. Took me about 50 tries.

Last edited:

Vulpes XIII

Awards
I just made it to the data battles. I can't believe we have to do this again. LOL! I did Larxene and Luxord and I'm scared to touch Marluxia and Demyx incase they're the same.

Edit: There is no Demyx <3. Oh god the counter is on Marluxia's. NOOOOO!

Edit #2: That 99 counter at the end that goes down really fast while he adds armor and doesn't let you hit him scared me to death. Idk how I did it. :p

Edit#3: My fingers are about to fall off after Xemnas. That was beyond...

Final edit: No. Yozora takes the cake. Took me about 50 tries.
Larxene was actually the first one I managed to beat and I managed to beat Luxord after failing his card games so many time his battle was just annoying.

Yeah the end of Marluxia fight made me panic a bit as I was thinking “ I finally got to this point of the fight, please don’t let the timer run out”. Although I was disappointed because I wanted to fight Demyx because I want to fight all the Organization members, however at the same time. I was glad that he wasn’t in the game as I did not want to deal with the beat the 99 water clones in 10 seconds fight again. Guess I just can’t make up my mind whether I want to fight Demyx or not lol :)

I’m not looking forward to fighting Xemnas and I’m definitely not looking forward to fighting Yozora I know I’m going to be seeing a constant game over screen in that fight.

Awards
I’m not looking forward to fighting Xemnas and I’m definitely not looking forward to fighting Yozora I know I’m going to be seeing a constant game over screen in that fight.

Yozora took me like 2-3 hours. There's that Ariel "cheat" they have online but it really didn't do anything for me since he's always porting around in the air. Had to do it the actual way and it mainly came down to luck. I did use Ariel sometimes right when he was about to steal my keyblade. Like he'll put you in the bubble and if you're fast enough you can use her to get out of it. Most of the time I wasn't fast enough though. xD It also helps a bit when he changes the room and all those lasers fire at you since it makes you immune for a minute.

Soldier

Awards
Alright, Guess I'll throw my hat in the ring, seeing as I've done this before on critical mode (send help)
First things first, in KH 2 the Decisive Pumpkin is your best friend for some of these fights. The ability for you to stack damage the longer your combo is will help IMMENSELY. Certain fights where this is advantageous is Zexion, Lexaeus and Roxas. This pairs well with Limit form for the fights if it is fully leveled up and you have ethers at your disposal, as the Sonic blade move also recieves the stacked damage

For Xaldin, and I cannot stress this enough GUARDIAN SOUL AND REACTION BOOST ARE A MUST!!! Xaldin was the last one I had to fight to get the trophy, and I did that on purpose. Believe me, a lot of his fight involves you breaking his aero shield with the "learn" reaction command. With that in mind, try and use Sora's maxed mobility abilities to your advantage and study his movements. It's really a matter of finding patterns and stacking up on learns to win the day.

Vulpes XIII

Awards
Alright, Guess I'll throw my hat in the ring, seeing as I've done this before on critical mode (send help)
First things first, in KH 2 the Decisive Pumpkin is your best friend for some of these fights. The ability for you to stack damage the longer your combo is will help IMMENSELY. Certain fights where this is advantageous is Zexion, Lexaeus and Roxas. This pairs well with Limit form for the fights if it is fully leveled up and you have ethers at your disposal, as the Sonic blade move also recieves the stacked damage

For Xaldin, and I cannot stress this enough GUARDIAN SOUL AND REACTION BOOST ARE A MUST!!! Xaldin was the last one I had to fight to get the trophy, and I did that on purpose. Believe me, a lot of his fight involves you breaking his aero shield with the "learn" reaction command. With that in mind, try and use Sora's maxed mobility abilities to your advantage and study his movements. It's really a matter of finding patterns and stacking up on learns to win the day.
Thanks for the advice I appreciate it :) I think I’ll leave the Xaldin fight until last as well as I struggled quite a bit on that fight in the main game.

Soldier

Awards
Thanks for the advice I appreciate it :) I think I’ll leave the Xaldin fight until last as well as I struggled quite a bit on that fight in the main game.
Solid reasoning, I recently started a critical run with intent to get the Pro code trophy from the ReMIND DLC. Of all things, I'm glad that Xaldin isn't one of the new organization members. If he was tough when you first fight him in KH 2, I shudder to think what that fight would've looked like.

Also, Xaldin's increased difficulty is meant to invoke a kind of "timeskip" if you will. That is, flashy gimmicks and relying on keyblade alone to win your fight will mean nothing without HP and defense to back you up. It's a common roadblock, but not completely impassable

Yozora on the other hand...

Back