• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Data-Axel is destroying me.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle

Well, most of the data rematches are, but I've at least managed to beat Vexen, Demyx and Larxene so far anyway. But now I am trying to strike down Axel... And yeah. Help

Anywho, yeah. Playing Critical, and my base strategy is press x and cure every once in a while. The main story has... been pretty simple that way, easier than I recall proud being in the original game. Wasn't sure why I was so nervous about doing my first FM playthrough on critical... Until I hit these freaking data battles.

Fast forward... Axel. Any advice? So far I pretty much stay alive by jump+cure+land+elixir when my health gets low, and turning off my combo pluses and hitting with finishers over and over have been doing me pretty okay with him, especially when I go into limit form, though I can't really ultilize limit form too well because it takes away my cure spell ;_; I can't say I ever really used limit form at all throughout the game really...

Yeah, pathetic strategy, but it has gotten him down to 1hp once, but he killed me before I could get the final reaction in and I'm sure I can beat him eventually. But does anyone else have any pointers? I've tried looking up strategies, but nothing is really helping me :(

Beardman

Reflega is you friend! :D Also, don't forget that each strike with a limit in Limit Form that lands, gains you HP.

Quick Strat: As soon as the battle starts, cast Reflega twice, then right after his piller of fire hits your second Reflega, immidietly execute a combo. Keep an eye out, because he can, at times, get out of your combo and retaliate. Besides that, it's just a process of Reflecting, Attacking, and Curing as needed.

I hope this helps if even a little!

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Flurry of the Dancing Flames can be quite an trouble some boss.
What I noticed while fighting him on LV1, is that the fire floor can`t kill you. It will chop down your health, but if you manage to evade and block Axel`s attacks, you won`t die. I also recommend you to disable quick run ability. When Axel summons the fire walls, it is little harder to move in the area. I had trouble there, since I was quick running in the fire walls, and got killed because of that(all thou I`m not sure if you have this problem)
When you are in the Fire wall phase, block Axel`s normal combo with a block, and he will open up. Do a combo on him(with a finish plus ability on), and he will jump on the fire. Then jut do the reaction command, and the fire will cease. While Axel`s is breathing heavily after this, he is wide open for an attack. In here you have two options; either you attack him with a normal combo, or cast Blizzaga on him. Ice is very deadly against Axel, and it does quite a lot of damage. You can increase the damage output by equipping the Keyblade which increases ice damage 20%. You will also gain an ability by lv progression, called ice boost.
So stay calm, don`t panic, block his attacks, and you should be ok. Also like Beardman said, if things get tricky, feel free to use reflect. Also you might consider equipping ethers and potions in you inventory.

DoctahFaz

Awards
I've basically have had the Auto Limit-Limit Form-Sonic Blade combo be a life saver in every data battle so far for me once my health gets low.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I used limits to make for the invincible cheat, by having Donald casting Fantasia nearly the whole battle. Occasionally going into Limit Form.

Xelon99

Awards
First off, be sure to synth and equip some Firagun Bangles for yourself. This will reduce damage immensely as his attacks are 95% fire-typed.

As for strategy, you're not doing it that badly. Make good use of Reflega. It'll deal good damage and gives you time to pull off a combo. To make it fast, I usually spam Blizzaga to shred his health away and reflega as soon as he makes a move. When Axel has about one bar left, I tend to go into limit form and spam Sonic.

Obviously you do want to have plenty Ethers. Though if you have them, Elixers are a lot better. They're easily farmed from Devestators anyway.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Oh, I must've relied completely on Limit Form then. I don't remember him being that hard, but I guess some of the other data battles just stick out in my memory more.

DoctahFaz

Awards
Is he generally accepted as one of the harder data battles? I just beat him last night and am having much more trouble with Vexen, even with my Limit Form/Sonic Blade tactic.

Xelon99

Awards
Is he generally accepted as one of the harder data battles? I just beat him last night and am having much more trouble with Vexen, even with my Limit Form/Sonic Blade tactic.

He's decently hard because the floor is seeping your life away and the arena is smaller than average. But in terms of strategy, Axel is easy.
Vexen on the other hand is a real pain. Final Form Firaga tears through his bars the easiest. Just watch out for his DM, which you seriously need a limit like Comet for

DoctahFaz

Awards
It also looks like with Axel, you must finish him with the Reaction Command/Blizzard, correct?

Xelon99

Awards
Possible, but not necessary. The RC just happens so frequently it's a reliable way to finish the fight. And Blizzard counts as a finisher, just like many other Magic attacks. But simply any finisher works.

DoctahFaz

Awards
Possible, but not necessary. The RC just happens so frequently it's a reliable way to finish the fight. And Blizzard counts as a finisher, just like many other Magic attacks. But simply any finisher works.

I only ask because on one of my attempts to beat him yesterday (before I actually did,) I had him down to the final hit and he was immune to my typical Explosion or Magnet Spiral finisher as well as Thundaga, (which is usually what I fell back on) and it wasn't even because he was invincible or in the middle of his DM or anything. I died on that attempt anyway in the midst of trying to figure it out, but then watched a video of someone finishing the fight with Blizzaga instead, which I then proceeded to do on the next attempt and won.

Xelon99

Awards
Multiple Data-fights are somehow immune to the Thundaga finisher. Data Xemnas and Data Xaldin for example. Can't think of a reason why they'd do that though. But it sounds like it's a case of priorities for the game, where you died just a frame or so before you beat Axel. Explosion and Magnet Spiral do count as finishers so I wouldn't know why it didn't register otherwise.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
I only ask because on one of my attempts to beat him yesterday (before I actually did,) I had him down to the final hit and he was immune to my typical Explosion or Magnet Spiral finisher as well as Thundaga, (which is usually what I fell back on) and it wasn't even because he was invincible or in the middle of his DM or anything. I died on that attempt anyway in the midst of trying to figure it out, but then watched a video of someone finishing the fight with Blizzaga instead, which I then proceeded to do on the next attempt and won.

Something similar happened to me. In order to defeat him, the floor must not be lit on fire. If it is, he'll still survive whatever you throw at him, but if it isn't, he'll go down with a finisher.

DoctahFaz

Awards
I see. Perhaps because it can be seen as kind of a "cop out" that you can do from a distance and they'd rather have you take the risk and launch another spell closer to the enemy.

DoctahFaz

Awards
Something similar happened to me. In order to defeat him, the floor must not be lit on fire. If it is, he'll still survive whatever you throw at him, but if it isn't, he'll go down with a finisher.

That explains it then, so it wasn't a matter of which spell, just that you must do the RC and remove the fire first.

Hovhannes1998

Reflega is you friend! :D Also, don't forget that each strike with a limit in Limit Form that lands, gains you HP.

Quick Strat: As soon as the battle starts, cast Reflega twice, then right after his piller of fire hits your second Reflega, immidietly execute a combo. Keep an eye out, because he can, at times, get out of your combo and retaliate. Besides that, it's just a process of Reflecting, Attacking, and Curing as needed.

I hope this helps if even a little!

Yeah. Reflect is pretty much your one stop shop for cheap wins:) But seriously, I have had your problem with the 1 hp thing, and since it can be hard to hit a combo, either use some magic or unequip combo pluses (I don't recommend this). But since you probably already knew about the magic thing, I will add something more. Use arial attacks, and glide around alot to avoid his stronger moves. But of course reflect is the most useful.

Xelon99

Awards
Use arial attacks, and glide around alot to avoid his stronger moves. But of course reflect is the most useful.
You know what, I second this. Arial attacks keep the opponent off the ground and stunned (until they're forced to counter) and the finisher slams them away from you, which gives you enough space to either go in for a second combo or move back.
When out of MP, I usually just glide around until I get it back. With level 3 Glide you're fast enough to dodge most attacks in the entire game. For Axel it might be hard as it's a small arena and his attacks are fast, but it's still effective

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back