• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Darwin Motion Controler Unveiled for PS3&360!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vin

Bronze Member
Darwin is definitely not a Microsoft product, but it's also definitely an Xbox 360 motion controller.

Motus Games' Darwin was officially unveiled this morning on their website, the light saber-esque controller snaps in two uses a number of sensors to track where it is. It does this, according to the company, without the use of the IR receiver that the Wii uses. Motus claims it is far more accurate than the Wii Remote. The device may also work on the Playstation 3, though the developers are being deliberately vague about that.

There's still a lot more we don't know about the device than we do know about it. According to the site, which makes no mention of working with Microsoft, the Darwin isn't ready for sale yet bit is "currently making its way into the hands of developers and publishers" and they're expecting it will hit stores in less than a year.

The devices two units are packed with buttons. The top controller includes a power button, left, right arrows, D-pad, A button, wireless connection and battery indicator and upper and lower triggers. The bottom controller has a power button, left, right arrows, analog controller, upper and lower triggers and wireless and batter indicator. Both include straps.

The site also shows the device in action, playing with Lego Star Wars II, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2008 and Harry Potter V: The Order of the Phoenix. Hit the jump to watch the device in action.

Is this the device we've been hearing rumors about? Not sure, but I kinda hope not. It's just too complex looking for my taste. We've asked Microsoft for comment.
Source: Darwin: Is This Xbox 360's Motion Controller in Action?

What do you guys think? Real or fake? There is videos in the link I posted! It looks like it does more then the Wii controller might pick one up for my PS3 and 360 if this is real!

Edit: Found this to.

Not happy with the Wii-mote? Motus Corporation is working on a Wii-motesque controller for consoles and PCs. Dubbed the "Darwin," the controller has better and more realistic control says the manufacturer thanks to greater gyroscope and accelerometer complexity. The company has built super realistic controllers for golfers to practice their swing, and this background gives an edge says Motus. Apparently, the Darwin aligns itself with magnetic north and knows where it is in space. The Darwin will be out later this year and retailing in the US $79 ~ $99 ballpark

Source: Peripherals: Better Than The Wii-mote Controller?

chaywa

A Picasso Reality
Shame the relation between action and on-screen representation equates to too much of a lag. It's real, but won't sell well, and Microsoft won't endorse it.

Vin

Bronze Member
I no this thing is either gonna be a big fail or a big thing. Idk guess we will find out in a couple months/Monday

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
The split/combine controller idea is cool, more controllers should really be in 2 parts as it's really comfortable, but the thing completely lacks an analog stick, playing 3D games with a D-Pad is just not good, it needs an Analog stick.

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
Very cool but they'll need games that are designed to work specifically with it.

Vin

Bronze Member
Yea, it def needs an analog stick! Hopefully this is just a prototype!

S

Shadow Soldier

Wait the Wii Remote was called a dildo for the longest time.... this doesn't look more like a dildo?

Spic Steve

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL OLOLOLOLOL
Awards
The split/combine controller idea is cool, more controllers should really be in 2 parts as it's really comfortable, but the thing completely lacks an analog stick, playing 3D games with a D-Pad is just not good, it needs an Analog stick.

lol PS3. Sorry, I had to.

anyway, I won't be buying. >:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back