• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Darkwatch: Redux (Sign-ups & OoC)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
Darkwatch

"Perception is different for each individual"

To whom it may concern, I extend my greetings. My name will be divulged at the end of this letter.

The world as we know it, is a complete fabrication. I know you have every right to be skeptical, and you may not believe me, which is why I prepared several letters written in special ink that normally an archaic technique is required to make the words visible. I you are truly "looking at this" with more than your eyes, then it would be in your best interest to follow my instructions from here on out. In the words below I'll provide you with all that I have come to discover about the world, the threat unbeknownst to others.

The Darkwatch.

Eye Burners Inc. A massive company that sprung forward no later than early last year, and they've been in an impressive position quickly ascending the corporate ladder. This is a company that provides the consumer with a variety of services, their most nefarious is in their eye care department. Fabricating contacts, prescribed glasses, people are completely unaware, attuned to a specific rhythm, as if they are complete zombies. The uniformity in their task, but the streets are dangerous, riddled with the enemy eyeballing those that act suspiciously or even make direct eye contact.

I've been attempting to assemble a group, I've followed the will of a gifted man in order to rally those like us. Below I have provided all the additional and most vital information about the enemy that I have been able to pull together. Read carefully, and don't hesitate in your decison.

The Bold

That would be us, with the special brand of sight that enables us to see in best respects all of it. The much bigger picture, we're just blessed. For some basics on one's vision status here are some mechanics that should be memorized. While you don't have to suffer seeing the world, by simply focus and refocusing the pupils by dilation, its possible to switch view in between true vision and false vision. Its corny i know, but its all I could come up with.

The Blind

The blind are normal human beings, they walk the streets everyday unaware to the true fate of the community and the planet as we know it. Its befitting of ignorance, but how can they even resist what they're unable to see? Its truly in bitter sorrow.

The Brilliant

It pieces so well and its the most fitting our real nemesis. Able to almost stealthily cloak themselves from the blind. Their miscalculation lies in the underestimation of the bold. The brilliant are from my understanding a kind of meta-physical being. Its as though their dead, yet terrified of us, or at least when they meet our eyes for a prolonged amount of time. Our vision begot petrification of the brilliant, however they can act in retaliation for those prone to resist our sight, they can attack and kill us. There are sub categories of the brilliant, and below they are stated as follows.

Aggressors

Aggressors are by nature prone to resist petrification. There is only one way to distinguish them from a passive. They resonate an almost neon luminescence of gray. They're prone to direct attack upon sight in the most basic type of confrontation.

Passives

The passives are those more susceptible to petrifaction. There is only one way to distinguish them from a aggressor. They resonate an almost neon luminescence of silver. That being said, their resonance are the same, near identical just a slight shift could make it or break it. Some passives can be dangerous, relying on what I could only pin as mental abilities and indirectly form themselves as life threatening and always at a distance.

Assertives

Assertives are the bold that choose to willingly hand themselves over to the side of the brilliant. These are potentially the most dangerous. They don't share the same weakness as passives and aggressors mainly because they retain their individuality substantially. The push that influences the assertives eliminates that sense of rebellion within them. Basically the dogs of the Darkwatch on a leash as long as their loyalty allows. From my observations they hold much more value and higher standing in legion with the Darwatch.

Vision

I guess I should explain how vision works, and lastly my own special brand. Vision is not to be confused with the term "sight" mainly because vision within itself is a blessing and not something limited to the ordinary boundaries. Sight is to the blind as vision is to the bold. More so, each of us is enabled different brand of vision. In my life i've seen those with many from comic books and others just willed a new kind of sight altogether. X-ray vision, thermal vision, night vision, heat vision, there are so many.

Now you may be wondering what kind of vision I had? Well its simple. No matter how cliche it sounds I possessed watcher's vision. My eyes formulate a potential future depending on its accuracy limited to being able to read and/or predict others wills, desires, or intentions being the unreadable spontaneity of each person. Able to see seconds, to minutes, to even days into the future. I foresaw my end hence you of possibly others to read this very letter or copy of one. Lets move on to something more vital shall we?

This is not only crucial but could stand to help or hurt you if your awareness hasn't come this far. The bold, when activating their vision, through the touch of another be them blind, bold, or brilliant there is an exchange of being able to see what it is you see. There eyes view what you do, it works the same way in reverse. This can be dangerous when a blind exposes a bold to the real world. I have lost many a comrade to the government's test labs since the time of Woodrow Wilson's presidency. Oh did I forget to mention your vision has two traits and one key trait?

The primary ability of your vision. I will use my watcher's vision as an example. My key trait is being able to view an evelope of time a while from when I currently viewed it. In that sense it is my primary ability. What ties into that ability is my first secondary trait, aging. I could control my age to alter my appearance and fool the brilliant and blind when one would think to monitor my face and movements. My tertiary trait or third, was recording. You might be confused as to what that is, but recording is quite literal. I witheld and retained information all coming down to what I saw or will see and came to refer upon it. You may think having that kind of skill would mean I wouldn't be able to be killed...you're sadly mistaken.

Corrupt Vision

The Darkwatch's brand of vision that amasses one of the most powerful and potent fields that cloaks the world from the blind. It is possibly the most complex there is, from what i've analyzed it's primary trait is this special feed of hypnosis the cast over the blind because they've seen it without actually seeing it. The bold are immune only because their special vision is shielding it. The corrupt vision's secondary trait lies within a special vision projected in the sense of omnipresence, but not completely. Its the human equivalent of a world covered in security cameras. The Darkwatch uses it's vision to link with the brilliant and observe most every point on the planet so when one brilliant is petrified or eradicated, it will know almost instantly. The tertiary ability of the Darkwatch I'm still not quite completely certain about...its...influencing. Does that make sense? Able and enabled the ability to push it's influence on even a bold, making what we may deem as a lie, the truth. Able to kill without lifting a finger, so how do you stop a power like that? In my lifetime, what I came to know, i never succeeded.

Taboo Zones

This is crucial. By some mysterious force influenced by the Darkwatch, these are potentially the most dangerous spots to be in. The Darkwatch uses Taboo Zones to contain The Bold and temporarily lift the hypnosis on the blind that seem or are under the suspicion of piecing together the truth. They can effectively dull or buffer the abilities of special vision leaving those trapped to resort to modern ingenuity and wits. The Brilliant are dispatched in their greatest numbers to either anihilate or capture those within the zone's field. Taboo Zones are painted in black, white, and gray of what doesn't even look like the area anymore. Knowing when you're within one, the instant difference is when there is a definable lack or lapse in a structure's saturation, leading from color to desaturated landscape. There are many located in each hemisphere of the world.

I will rally with everyone that decides to come on November 6, 2027 outside the gates of the White House at our nation's capital.

Your friend,
Gabriel Cienelle.

Are you done yet?
As i'm sure you read or haven't read, this is the deal. This is a freelancing set up, there is a plot but i'll do something different and turn it into something more engrossed with reality. You can either start out in different parts of the world or all in one spot, whichever is easiest for you. What comes first is looking for Vincent, problem is theres no trail to follow. So politically to find someone who's missing?
Think about it.

KHI's Rules
Do i really have to list these?

• No Godmodding​
  • If your going to powerplay, get the person's consent first.​
  • Don't machine gun post, nobody likes reading two pages of one liners.​
  • We like it when you join and are active, and tell us when your not going to be here, k? Cool. :D
  • Coupling up is also fine, just remember kids and guest read this stuff too. Nothing explicit. (unless you word it right xD)​
  • All Out Of Character post will appear in this thread only, not the actual role play.

My Rules
Pretty much don't try going overboard with plot turns, overpowered vision, and swearing every fourth line.
Cheers.

Template
_ _ _ _ Vision
[Full name]

About me:
Personality:
Weapon: (Optional, this is the 21st century guys&girls)
Vision:
Primary Trait:
Secondary Trait:
Tertiary Trait:
Side: The Bold, The Blind, The Brilliant
Motive: (Your reason for every action you make/take)

The Roster

The Bold

The Blind

The Brilliant

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
Re: Darwatch: Redux (Sign-ups & OoC)

This will be added to the #2nd post.

Additional Note
"Roleplay Format & How to anticipate what you'll be doing/how to compose your post"

This roleplay will operate on a mission based level. Assignments will be issued to the respective characters to conduct their investigations when gaining access to the facilities of Eye Burners Inc and/or its affiliated locations. Be prepared to interrogate Assertives and The Blind (that are connected or used as a pawn for nefarious causes). A team effort and working in pairs is my best and heaviest suggestion to all roleplayers, If you are joining with a friend, lets try to use the buddy system because it will be more about helping the other person to get you through the mystery and puzzle aspect of Darwatch.

Regarding Taboo Zones. If you at any leisure wish to incorporate being inside of one, please drop a notice. They're usually around a handful of EBI buildings and affiliated buildings, so be in mind if you mention one the effects immediately apply to all characters participating inside the zone and you will be at a far greater risk than you would under normal situation.

Last edited:

<3

Call me Love, love.

This sounds like a lot of fun. I'll see about getting a temp up soon =]

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards

This will be added to the #2nd post.

Additional Note
"Roleplay Format & How to anticipate what you'll be doing/how to compose your post"

This roleplay will operate on a mission based level. Assignments will be issued to the respective characters to conduct their investigations when gaining access to the facilities of Eye Burners Inc and/or its affiliated locations. Be prepared to interrogate Assertives and The Blind (that are connected or used as a pawn for nefarious causes). A team effort and working in pairs is my best and heaviest suggestion to all roleplayers, If you are joining with a friend, lets try to use the buddy system because it will be more about helping the other person to get you through the mystery and puzzle aspect of Darwatch.

Regarding Taboo Zones. If you at any leisure wish to incorporate being inside of one, please drop a notice. They're usually around a handful of EBI buildings and affiliated buildings, so be in mind if you mention one the effects immediately apply to all characters participating inside the zone and you will be at a far greater risk than you would under normal situation. The affects are also constant until you otherwise move or mention you are outside of the zone.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Argenteus

Plirokinetic Vision
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Transmuted Vision
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Argenteus

Yeah, I'd agree with getting this moving too. I don't want Jesus and Shinji to go to waste.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
Well as much as I would like to, this had an even greater falling out of support and literally only four templates in a span of nearly two months, my apologies guys, but i guess I'll try some other idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back