• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Darkness Redux

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
Kristine looked over the newcomers as they gained their bearings. The White Room was not kind to newcomers. It stretched on into infinity, a glaringly white expanse. Chairs and tables had been set up, white of course, but they only added the surreal aspect, at certain angles they completely disappeared. None of them looked impressive. A few of them looked like they could have handled themselves in a fight on their home worlds, which was promising, but not nearly enough. A few of them reminded her of herself in the old days. As full of angst as a human can manage. They were men mostly. Maybe that was the problem. Kristine had never been overly fond of men. She looked down at her arms the chains wrapped there the only memory of a time where she had been just like them. She had long ago ditched the biker look. She wore a pure white dress now, the chains wrapped around her arms and torso, the latter running between her admittedly somewhat too revealed breasts, were golden now. Her hair was still a firey red but the heavy black makeup that she had so often worn was gone. There was an ethereal beauty about her now. Eternity changes you.

As she looked at her companion the thought seemed less carefree. Sebastian. Eternity had certainly changed him. She shook her head. The kids had had enough time to get used to their new environment.

“Hello.” She said. Trying not to seem imposing was something she would never get used to. “You must all be very confused. If my experience is anything to go by, you have all been ripped from your worlds rather suddenly. And while fear is quite an appropriate response I can promise you that this is not as bad as it seems.” She held a hand in front of her to assure silence until she was done speaking. “You have been chosen. The Good in this universe has decided that you are worthy, and you should count yourselves lucky. Down this path lies unimaginable power. And you are joining the ranks of the greatest men and women to have ever lived. Though I can’t quite see that potential here myself” She winked at Sebastian. “Power is awakening in each of you. I encourage you to try it out. You will find you have become remarkable creatures.” Kristine concentrated hard and summoned up a large thronelike chair. “Take a moment to process this and try out your new abilities. Then I will explain the price.” She sat finally, smirking a little. Hopefully that was a little more helpful than her own initiation.

Last edited:

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
Ell listened as the woman spoke – or tried to. His head pounded, and his vision felt hazy. The last thing he recalled was slitting a duke’s throat and hearing guards in the midst of slamming the door down. Now he was here, wherever ‘here’ was. He checked his equipment, in case this woman was lying and it was a trap set by the Yatori family. He patted himself down and made sure everything was in place.

He slowly stood from the crouching position he was in and looked at the others wearily. A pretty. . .strange assortment. He wouldn’t wait for one of the others to speak.

Ellis approached the woman, now seated in the summoned throne. “Might I ask just who you are?” He stayed cool while speaking, his mind looking for an exit plan.

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
Alemn opened his eyes to whiteness. It was of the purest white, even through the dark tint of his goggles. He grunted and shifted, he was in a chair the exact same shade of white as the rest of the “room.” He frowned. He had fallen asleep in a small crawlspace in an abandoned building, a hideous creature the size of a train sleeping outside, waiting for him to come out. He had to be dreaming. As he stood he realized he was not alone. Somewhere in the back of his mind his instincts told him that he was not safe surrounded by people. Instincts his teacher had spent long hour helping him control.

Alemn stood.

He ignored the other confused people around him. They looked just as vulnerable, as though they too did not know why they were there. Suddenly a voice rang across the room. Alemn turned to see a redheaded woman in a revealing white dress, golden chains covering what the rather immodest clothing failed to. He found himself wishing he was back with the beast again. Still he listened. It all seemed to be nonsense. Powers? Chosen? Still he could not dismiss it completely. Did he feel any different. As he thought he realized that he did. Somehow in his mind he felt like he had another limb, though when he tried to move it nothing happened. He resolved not to leave this alone, sat down, and watched the others.

~~~~~

The shrouded one walked up to Kristine. This close there was something about him that she couldn’t place. A difference from the others. She shook the feeling. They were all “special” that was why they were Chosen. The young man asked rather rudely who she was. Which was a relief. Chosen had been…forward with her before and she’d had to make an example. Rudeness at least meant that the youth had no intention of making advances. Was she disappointed? Hate men as she might she must have gotten used to the attention.

“Call me Kristine.” She said evenly. She’d learned early on that it was easier to let them do all the asking. There was just too much to explain.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
He nodded and bowed half a step, “I am Ellis.” He said, keeping a hand ready to grab a knife, not apparently ready, but the action was practically second nature. He was good at hiding his intentions, his actions, his words. “What is these “Chosen” picked to do, exactly? You said something about joining the ranks of glorious others, but nothing else.” He wasn’t sure exactly where he was going with this line of questioning, but he didn’t like to be in the dark about things, certainly not when the situation is as odd as this one.

Had he been drugged? He went through the last few hours of his memory in his head, but couldn’t recall a time where he might have been. He knew the signs to look for. His vision felt like there was no hole, he just felt like he was there one second and in less than a blink he was here. No fading of consciousness, no immediate black out, no nausea. In fact the adrenaline of his recent kill was still coursing through his veins. The smell of wet blood still hung slightly in his nostrils. But how had he gotten here? What brought him here? And what. . .What made this place seem almost familiar?

Drollive

As Kristine gave her introduction, Sebastian gazed around the room, taking in the new recruits. It had been many decades since he had been to an initiation. He didn't much care for babysitting the newcomers while they learned to control themselves. They must be important. He wouldn't have been called away from the front for anything less. Even so, they didn't look like much.

They have potential...

They always have potential, but that doesn't mean anything if they don't work on it.

These ones are different...

Sebastian stopped listening as one of the Chosen approached. Ellis was his name. He seemed the most able of the newcomers. Well, at least the most concerned. It seemed the right time to step in. "The Chosen, of which you are now a part, were selected by the Good to help us protect the worlds, eventually your worlds, that are being destroyed by the Evil. At the moment, that's all you really need to know." Sebastian walked to the middle of the room and turned to the newcomers yet to stand. "Come on, gents. Let's see what you can do."

Mr. Crowley

Banned
Vince looked around and couldn't help but feel startled. The last thing he had seen was the enemy breaching his post. The white room had a calming, yet terrifying sense to it. It didn't take long for Vince to notice that he wasn't alone. There were others, some looking tougher than the rest, with him. As he sat up into his chair, a woman began to speak some nonsense about good and evil and obtaining some kind of power. He had apparently been chosen as some powerful agent of good. Out of all the people from Terre, he thought to himself, They picked me? He shook his head and sighed. As he looked up again, the woman, identified as Kristine, was answering questions to one of the others. Vince walked up to the group and bowed as the other had, not knowing how to properly address these people.

"Sorry to interrupt, but I think you may have the wrong guy. . ." said Vince nervously, "I don't have any special powers or anything and I'm not really 'protector of the universe' material. So I'll just be going. . . . .where is the exit?"

Vince looked around again. The room, if you could call it that, seemed to go on for miles and miles. There was no exit in sight. He sighed again. Well this is just great he thought to himself.

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
Kristine let Sebastian take charge. No doubt he wanted to get it over with. Sebastian could be rough to deal with sometimes. Not the most gentle of her friends. Still he was reliable and this group was apparently special in some way. She and Sebastian were polar opposites. Yin and Yang. But they had always worked well together. And after what happened with her group…
As Sebastian encouraged the new chosen to test their abilities she noticed her shadow, and everyone else’s pooling around the feet of one of the new chosen. One of the other chosen was talking but she blew past him. “You.” She pointed at the boy with the goggles “You can go first.”

~~

As Alemn continued trying to understand this new presence in his mind he was broken out of his reverie. The woman at the head of the room called out to him. On the spot and somewhat uncomfortable he felt the same pulling in his mind. A shadow rose around legs. He was shocked but he kept his composure as best as he could. He pulled harder wrapping the shadows around him completely. As they closed around his head he had an idea. He raised his goggles from his eyes. The shadows pressed against his eyes. He blinked and replaced the goggles. He’d worry about that later. He made a gesture as if to say ‘there’ and sat back down. His tinkerer’s mind raced with the possibilities. This new power he could get used to.

Mr. Crowley

Banned
Vince jumped when he saw what the goggled one was doing. How did he do that, he thought. Then it hit him. Everyone of these "chosen," had recieved a power. But how are we supposed to know what our power is thought Vince. His thoughts immediatley turned back to looking for a way out of the room. He stared around and looked at the walls. Only there were no walls. Feeling disappointed, Vince sat down on the ground banging his fist against it.

"Great. . ." he muttered to himself. It looks like I'm stuck here he thought.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
Ellis had gotten the answers he wanted, if not from either of the two "head" strangers, but from the boy behind him. He had some sort of ability. It let him conjure shadows, or manipulate them at least. It was not normal and it was not heard of anywhere where he lived. Not even in stories. . .

A bit frightened by the boy's power, for he had never seen such a thing, he walked away from the two by the throne and to a table set at what seemed to be the center of the area. There was no way of knowing what the center really was, of course, this place seemed to stretch on forever. However, Ellis sat down at one of the chairs and took out a knife, spinning it and twirling it in the air. A nervous tick.

Mr. Crowley

Banned
Not comfortable on the floor, Vince stood up and walked back towards the table. He decided to pick a chair across from one of the others, Ellis. He figured that he would at least sit next to someone else who hadn't discovered his power. As he reached for the chair a blue sphere of light emerged from his hand and flew into the chair giving it a blue glow of his own. Vince's draw dropped in surprise. What the hell was that he thought to himself. As he pulled his hand away from the chair, it began to move. The legs of the chair moved just like an animal would move it's legs. The began to walk around Vince. When it stopped behind him it lunged forward, causing Vince to sit at the table as he fell back into the chair. The blue glow proceeded to leave the chair and the same sphere of light emerged from the chair. Vince flinched as the blue light flew back into him.

"How did I do that?" said Vince in amazement. He didn't know if it had anything to do with the event, but Vince began to feel fatigued. He raised his hand and wiped the sweat from his forehead.

Candy Man

Green Lantern Battery
Karde kept silent as he analyzed the room he found himself in. The infinite white was nothing like the cobblestone Keswell street he'd before been on. Few times in his life had he been any place as monochromatic in the neon noir of his city. It was very unsettling. Being one the Chosen was intriguing however, being handpicked to go on a quest for goodness and peace. He just wasn't so sure he'd want to go anywhere with people like this, scared and confused little people.

To his left, a man shortly brought a chair to life with blue light. He smirked. I can't imagine why I'd be brought into this freak show.

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
No longer the centre of attention Alemn felt a little, though admittedly not a great deal, more comfortable. He knew now too what new weapons he had at his disposal. His instincts told him to arm himself, his master’s training said get to know the threat, and if it really exists, before fighting it. He scanned the room once more. Shaking his head. There was a rather strong-looking fellow watching each of them condescendingly. Both his size and his attitude suggested that he thought he was the strongest person in the room. He might even have been.

“You!” He called out. “Solid fellow.” he elaborated. He walked toward the man, staying just outside of striking distance of his arms. The man’s shadow was directly under him however. “We’ve all been brought here against our wills.” He said lowly “There is no reason as of yet for us to be enemies. I am Alemn.”

Candy Man

Green Lantern Battery
Karde quickly sized up the skinny man who cam to greet him. He looked like his head wasn't entirely on straight, but at least not he'd just stepped out of a convention. He put forth his hand to shake, "You'll find it hard to make an enemy of me. Karde."

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
The man was forward and simple to a degree that Alemn was not used to. Of course it could have been an act. Again instincts battled in his mind against training. His teacher had tried to instill trust. He was a veteran surfacer, one of the few to have ever survived long enough to reach old age, and he insisted that despite what many would say, hard as the life was, there was safety in numbers.

“What’s your appraisal of the situation?” He asked. “I’ve been trained to adapt to unknown situations but we never covered magical kidnapping. Is any of this remotely familiar to you?”

~~~~~~~~

Kristine hummed softly to herself. She wasn’t a quiet person by nature. But she had learned that it was easier to keep them off balance and on edge in the beginning. Give them a common goal, let them form a cohesive units. There was time for making friends later. She thought to her time as a chosen, T’all hadn’t done it that way. But then her group was hardly amazing.

To Sebastian she said “What do you think of the latest haul?”

<3

Call me Love, love.
Lori was terrified. One moment she was attempting to repair some of the damage, received from the darkness, in her garden like world, and mysteriously, appeared the next moment in this chair with an incredibly beautiful woman explaining why she were here. It was all too much. Her heart raced in her chest and her eyes stared down at the white floor to avoid the contact with any of these abnormal strangers. None of them reminded her of her home people. They were all so... strong, and sure of themselves, she felt extremely suffocated in their presence.

She could hear people introducing themselves, yet her head never raised, her mind was too busy racing with ideas and thoughts on how to escape; though she was never taught to think this way. And what about these power's the woman, Kristine, had spoken of. Apparently, all here had been chosen to fight against the Darkness and the Good had given them the ability too. Lori didn't have a violent bone in her body. Others were already demonstrating their given gifts, yet Lori drew her legs to her chest and hugged them their. She wouldn't survive if things kept up like this. She wanted to be back in Tener-Fuimus, no matter how unlively it had become, it would be better than this plain white room she found herself trapped in.

"I-I need to go home," She finally stuttered out past her tightly closed lips, although her words were quiet and would have great difficulty reaching either of the two that appeared to be in charged. Lori rested her brow on her knee's and closed her eyes tightly. "It's all just a dream; nothing but a dream, Lori."

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
Another man sat next to him. He didn’t look at the man, his own eyes were closed. He could tell though, as if his hearing let him see without looking. He knew roughly where everyone was, at least to the point of their last movements. He couldn’t quite say why, but it felt like he could see them, in his mind’s eye. He kept his eyes closed, his entire head was cloaked in shadow. His breathing was slow, paced. He felt calm, being able to see everyone without them knowing. He didn’t realize how deep he was concentrating, he stopped hearing anyone else talking. A few seconds earlier he could hear everyone as if they were right next to him, but now, now it was like he was in a void. A dark void by himself. Aside from the pulses of those around him, there was nothing. He opened his eyes slowly to see that he was still in this appallingly white room.

Drollive

Sebastian watched patiently as the group got acquainted with each other, and with themselves. Their powers seemed promising, but he knew that it took more than powers to survive this war. He walked over to Kristine. "They seem able enough. They'll be fine once they get used to it." He glanced back to the Chosen, noticing some of them still alone. "They'd better learn to like each other. If they can't work together, they'll never survive. Looks like the young lady needs a bit of a pep talk. Excuse me."

~~~
I suppose that's a normal reaction, given the circumstances. Frankly, I'm surprised the others adapted so fast.

Get her up, so we can get going. The Evil isn't taking a break while we're sitting here.

Don't be mean. She's obviously scared. For good reason, too.

This isn't my first initiation. I know how to handle the newcomers, and I'd appreciate some quiet until I get them sorted out.
~~~

Sebastian approached the girl curled up in her chair. He felt sorry for her, but he knew this was for the best. "Look...I know you're frightened, but sitting there isn't going to fix anything." He sighed and rethought his approach. "My name is Sebastian and my job at the moment is to help you adjust to what's going on. We apologize for ripping you away from your home, but We need your help to fight the darkness before more worlds get destroyed. So, I'm afraid I need you to get up, Miss...what is your name, dear?"

<3

Call me Love, love.
Lori looked up tentatively as she heard the man approached her, and she attempted to make as little eye contact as possible as she brushed some of her strawberry blond hair behind her ear.

"Look...I know you're frightened, but sitting there isn't going to fix anything." He paused for a moment, seeming to recount his words and start anew. "My name is Sebastian and my job at the moment is to help you adjust to what's going on. We apologize for ripping you away from your home, but We need your help to fight the darkness before more worlds get destroyed. So, I'm afraid I need you to get up, Miss...what is your name, dear?"

Lori's eyes filled to the bream with salty tears, she had never felt so vulnerable in her life, although the man's words were meant to comfort her, they only made her more nervous. "I can't fight," she sputtered. "My world... it doesn't believe in violence. If I harm another living entity I'll-I'll..." Her panicked words cut off in the back of her throat. She breathed sharply, held it for three seconds, than released it. Her eyes closed, she faced the floor once more and after a few brief moments, she spoke calmly. "My name is Lori, I am from Tener-Fuimus. Please," she whispered. "Please, don't make me fight."

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
Kristine nodded at Sebastian’s short and businesslike answer. She was glad he thought they would be okay. Kristine wasn’t so sure herself. Half of them were too hard and the other half not hard enough. Either could lead to them breaking. Or worse switching sides. A brief flash of memory; blood, familiar faces frozen forever in terror. She suppressed the memory as best she could.

Sebastian was speaking softly to the girl who had been rocking back and forth. Old doubts crept into her mind. Once in a while they got someone who just couldn’t handle the strain. Kristine had been in charge of a group that had broken down into mistrust, one of the men eventually going entirely insane as they began to plot against each other. A Demon had insinuated that there was a traitor amongst them, then he had used his mental powers to heighten the suspicions of the group. Dominic. The bastard.

Kristine grew tired of thinking, enough of the mysterious, challenging them to form a bond bullshit. It was about time she got directly involved. The shrouded one was sitting alone in an eerie state of silence. "I can't blame you for being suspicious. I was. But you'll have to trust the people in this room sooner or later. They are the only people you'll probably see for a while." She again pulled a chair from the ground and sat down, this time next to the mysterious man.

Mr. Crowley

Banned
Vince listened to everything that was happening. Surprisingly, there were people here who were even more afraid than him. He watched as Kristine talked to Ellis about trust. I suppose they haven't given me to any reason not to trust them thought Vince. He extended his hand across the table, idicating for Ellis to shake.

"Nice to meet you," he sais as friendly as he could," My name's Vince. I'm from a place called Werviane, on the planet Terre. I was a soldier there."

He hoped that his kindness would be met with kindness. Vince didn't like violence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back