• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Darkness Reborn

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drollive

As Sebastian stood from the chair he'd been patiently sitting in, his gaze swept across the White Room, passing over the handful of prone bodies in front of him. Some of them had finally begun to stir, and while he waited for them to awaken, he straightened his tie, royal purple, matching the pinstripes on his jet black suit. The Light had once again assigned him guardianship over a new group of recruits, a necessary task, but one that he had been growing gradually less fond of as the years passed.

~~~

"They look so young this time."

"They look the same as ever. We just keep getting older."

~~~

Sebastian raised his cane, and tapped it's gold tip on the floor several times. "If I could have everyone's attention, please. I'm sure you all must be very confused, but I would ask you not to panic, and allow me to clarify the situation. Please take a moment to collect yourselves fully, as what I have to say is of the utmost importance, and I would rather not have to repeat myself."

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
Cage had a headache. That wasn't uncommon, the metal implants that decorated the side of his shaved head were cheap ones, and though they enhanced both his eyesight and reflexes they were known to cause varying degrees of cranial discomfort. Had he been drinking? He opened his eyes briefly and squeezed them shut once again as they were greeted by an impossible whiteness. As far as he could tell that was a yes, he had been drinking. After a few moments of groaning he gave up on keeping his eyes closed. He had certain duties after all. The rest of the gang were practically children whenever he wasn't around to reign them in. Not that Pax was much better. The whiteness returned but he powered through it.

His heartbeat began to race as he realized that he was not in his room at the Digital Dogs' garage. A white plane surrounded him, appearing to stretch on forever. And he wasn't the only person laying on the floor. Several others in various states of consciousness surrounded him, dressed in strange fashions. Had he been captured by some sick-minded aristocrat? Cage had heard stomach turning stories of the games the uber-elites of Capital City sometimes played. Games of death with street trash no one would miss. He forced himself to his feet.

He was ready to start shouting when a well dressed man called for his attention. So this really is some twisted game. The thought rang in his head unbidden, but the man did look wealthy, and this room could only be the result of the endless wealth of Capital City's upper class. He grit his teeth, but listened. He knew that rich bastards like this man would kill for insubordination, or less, and he fully intended to get home to the Dogs.

Drollive

The first thing Felicia noticed upon waking was a throbbing ache in her head. This was normal following her day off. The alcohol and what little drugs she could afford were working their way out of her system. The next thing she noticed was the blinding white light, turning her otherwise manageable headache into a cascade of pain. “Gods, kill me now.” Death seemed preferable to attempting to work in her condition. The day after her binges never seemed worth it, but as the week went on, she craved a release more and more, until she forgot the consequences.

Sitting up, she forced herself to open her eyes and face the day, gasping audibly upon seeing her new surroundings. The air rushing past her dry throat triggered a coughing fit. As she struggled to regain her composure, she pulled a metal flask out of a pocket of her tattered jacked. While the liquid inside was bitter and lukewarm, it soothed her throat and her breathing returned to normal. “Where the hell did I go last night?” she whispered, restoring her small friend to its proper place by her side. This room did not look like anything she had ever seen in her hometown, although she’d never seen the inside of the rich folks’ houses. It seemed to stretch on endlessly, or maybe her head was playing tricks on her. Nothing she took should have lasted until morning.

The floor held an assortment of foreign looking people, with foreign looking clothes. Most of them seemed to be unconscious, but several were awake and standing, and Felicia struggled to do the same, supporting herself on a chair that she didn’t remember being there a moment earlier. Getting back to the factory and keeping her job was the priority, but as hard as she tried, she couldn’t make sense of the walls, much less find a door. She shook her head, immediately regretting the decision, as her equilibrium threw her down into the chair she had been leaning on. Gripping the arms, waiting for the spinning room to lose momentum, she asked aloud, “Can someone show me the way out? I really need to get to work.”

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
"The winner and still your champion, Max Black!" The crowd roared as Max raised the belt, his belt, high over his head. He had done it - successfully defended the title belt for a grueling seven nights straight, each night increasing in difficulty until finally a five person no disqualification match. Max produced a microphone from seemingly nowhere, the crowd's roar immediately quieted, "Thank you. I didn't do this for money, I didn't do this for the fame. I did this for all of you and because of a promise I made a long, long time ago." He looked down to the four other men, still either unconscious or too tired to stand, "I've defended this for quite some time now, and I know some of you are wondering when I'll step down." His voice became louder but still steady, he grinned, "I'm not going anywhere." The explosion of sound was deafening, both from the audience and the fireworks high in the sky. Max made his way out of the ring and backstage.

"Amazing, Max; you did it again!" His trainer, a short slightly round man with a slightly raspy voice, congratulated as he pat max on the back. Max grinned slightly in response, obviously too tired to really afford conversation. The last thing he could remember was shutting the door to his trailer before passing out.

A voice called out from the darkness, addressing all who could hear. Max's eyes slowly opened to a jarring sight, pure white in every direction lacking of any features. The only thing he could make out were a gathering of people, some of which stirring and a previously sitting well dressed man. Max sat up slowly and propped his arm up on one knee, awaiting more information from the man with a cane.

Awards
Sunshine awoke to voices around her. And a MAJOR headache. She opened her eyes a bit. That was a mistake, she thought as a blinding white light greeted her tired eyes. Squeezing them shut, she sat up and placed her head between her knees. Sunshine began some breathing exercises to help with the migraine. In, 2, 3, 4. Out, 2, 3, 4. Sunshine began trying to recall what had happened. Everything was fuzzy, and the voices were so loud they broke her concentration. Many of them reciprocated her thoughts. where am i? What happened? What's going on? There was something...off....about the voices, but Sunshine couldnt put her finger on it. Its almost like they're.....Something slipped out from under her shirt breaking her train of thought. She opened her eyes to check and was greeted by a moonstone necklace. Keith!, she thought as her memories flooded back. She had to find him! Lifting her head up, she tried to establish where she was. People laid on the ground unconscious, while some were up and sitting on chairs. A man in a suit stood with authority in front of the group. None of this bothered Sunshine. Her eyes widened as she realized no one was talking. Standing abruptly, her eyes skimmed the room, but all were silent. She focused on the voices, which were loud, and echo-y, and....... In her head! Turning to the man in the suit for answers, she shouted "What's going on!"

Darkness Princess

Paper Bag Heaven
((Can I join? Was there any plan for this?

Check out the sign up thread if you're interested!
https://forums.khinsider.com/signups-discussion/216124-darkness-reborn-signup-discussion.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything was blue. An expanse of blue so true and pure it seemed foolish to use a simple four letter word to describe it. Sahara was surrounded by it, the cool blue that her body would ache for during the warmer summer days where the sun would make even the most foolish traveler think twice about wandering about in. This blue was like an ocean but it didn't seem wet. Endless like a sky with no clouds. She was suspended by it and puzzled by its immensity. It cooled her skin but she could breathe in it. She closed her eyes, this must be a dream.

Yet instead of being met with the darkness behind lidded eyes, everything seemed to brighten. Noor must've intentionally lifted the layers of curtains used to protect her window from the noonday light to awaken her. Sahara opened her eyes angrily, her mouth ready with a colorful slew of insults towards her older brother that stopped in her throat. She was not surrounded by colorful pillows and a pile of partially completed clothing. Everything was stark white. Sahara blinked again, expecting herself to return to her room of blue, this must just be a variation of her dream, but to no avail. The room was instead dotted with several other peoples, some of which had started to speak. Words that she could not quite register. Lips moved, sounds came out but no connection to language seemed to be happening.

Sahara looked down at her palms and pressed her nails against them until she felt the indentations form. A nervous response, one her mother chided her for. Never show your displeasure around our clients. That was the rule. But this was not the inn. This didn't even seem like Agrabah. The air was too clear, no dry heat, no dust, no trace smells of human sweat. This was definitely not her home. She took a deep breath, calming herself, and looked up forcing herself to pay attention to the main with the cane, the only person who didn't seem confused by the current predicament, her mind already trying to figure out the best way to get out of whatever hot water she'd gotten herself into now.

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Sending out my soul to worlds more beautiful
~- New Friends? -~

"Hola, como estas amigo?"

"Hola! Muy bien, como estas?"

Omari laughed in answer to Rae's question, causing the boy to tilt his head to the side. Looking at him, Rae was about to say something when he felt a tug on the back of his shirt...

Jolting awake, Rae looked around him, trying to place his surroundings. He was in a bright white room, his head was pounding. He saw that people were up and moving, and he saw his personal group of friends lying on the ground. Reaching out a hand, he wound up shaking Sage's shoulder to cause the other boy to wake up. Aiden stirred without needing to be prompted, his blue eyes were guarded as he the dark haired boy was clearly trying to figure out where the heck he was.

Rae felt a hand on his shoulder, causing him to look over his shoulder to see that Omari was behind him. He understood the vague look in Omari's violet eyes, a slight smile spreading across his face. Rae said softly, "I'm sure Seth is okay, don't worry about him. You know what he's like the best out of us. Do you have an idea where Anna is?"

Rae watched the way Omari looked away from him, his eyes having an emotion in it that Rae couldn't read. Smiling a little bit, Rae put more cheer in his voice and chirped, "Hey don't worry, I'm sure the Sol siblings are fine. Come on, let's go see what's going on!" He quickly made his way over to see what was going on with the guy in the nice suit, only to get distracted by a girl with skin the color of milk-diluted coffee, something that immediately caught her attention. Seeing the startling color of her eyes, Rae took a temporary step back as he got lost in the sky blue.

Shaking his head to clear his thoughts, Rae smiled and got closer before he asked cheerfully, "Hi, how are you doing?" His eyes were calm and friendly, the smile on himself making him appear open and friendly.

Drollive

Sebastian couldn't remember the first time he had seen the White Room. He had felt surprised, certainly, and confused, but the memory itself was too faint to distinguish from any other moment he had spent in this place. With every new group of recruits that arrived, he was able to sympathize with them less and less. "Alright, everyone, I realize that the situation you find yourself in may seem...strange...and I suppose it is, but hopefully what I have to say will answer your questions, and assuage some of your concerns."

"I think it would be best to start from the very beginning. Since the dawn of Time, there have existed two opposing forces, Light, which seeks to maintain a balance in the universe, and Darkness, which seeks to overthrow that balance and consume everything. A War has waged between them, since time immemorial, for the worlds and souls of the universe, and like all wars, this War is fought with soldiers, men and women chosen by the Light and given extraordinary gifts."

"Now, it may come as a shock, but you all have been chosen as the newest recruits in this fight for the universe, and as such, you all now possess powers that before you could have only dreamed of. As for what those powers are...well, I actually don't know...but I'm sure you'll figure it out pretty quickly. In addition, I don't want you all to think that we're just going to throw you to the wolves. I will stay by your side, protecting you and guiding you, until I believe that your squad is capable of surviving on its own."

"Please take a moment to process all of this information, and I will gladly open myself up to any questions you might still have."

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
Cage's jaw unclenched and eventually dropped open as the torrent of information spilled from the rich-looking man who stood before him and the others. A soft whine filled his ears, a stress reaction caused by his out of date body modifications. Usually he tried to calm himself when this happened, to ease the headache and stop the noise. It seemed warranted in this situation, though. He tried repeatedly to recall all of the information the man had relayed but found himself too lost in every individual detail.

All he could truly understand was that he had been taken. He was no longer with his friends. The friends that relied on him. The friends he'd spent most of his life keeping safe. His hands tightened into fists as he stared at the well-dressed man before the group. Before he knew what he was doing his legs took him forward, towards the man who claimed to care for them while calling them 'soldiers'. The man that, as far as Cage could understand, was responsible for his abduction.

"Who the hell do you think you are!?" He shouted at the man, grabbing his lapels and giving him a rough shake. "Bring us back to our homes! ALL of us!!!"

Awards
Sunshine took a step back in shock from the blow of the information. Sinking down into a sitting position, she reviewed the situation. Which.......was hard with all the voices blaring at full volume in her head. At least she had an idea of what it was now--some sort of power given to her. One voice was more powerful than the others. What about my friends? They relied on me! I HAVE to get back to them! That's right........NO! Sunshine shook her head. She didn't have any friends like that. Just Keith. She glanced up and saw the source of the thought. A tough looking man with a mohawk and tattoos stood a few feet away with a furious expression before rushing up towards the man in the suit and grabbing him.

"Now hold on!" Sunshine cried in alarm! She rushed forward with the intention to pull them apart, but an unseen force blasted them back a couple feet. Sunshine hesitated for a moment with surprise of her will being done before continuing towards them. She planted herself in between them, glaring at the boy with the mohawk. "What if we don't all want to go back?" she demanded . Turning towards the man in the suit, she made a decision. "I will help you if you help me."

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
~- All These Broken Souls -~

Omari’s head was hurting from the information he was given. None of it really made sense to him, and he could tell mohawk guy felt the same way, even if his way of showing it was a tad more violent than what Omari himself would have done. Wincing slightly, Omari took a step back as a voice he’d hoped he would never hear again echoed in his head.

”What do you think you’re doing!? Do you honestly think anyone would care about you!?”

Omari didn’t realize he’d gripped his head until a gentle hand was placed on his shoulder. Looking at Aiden, he saw the concerned light in those blue eyes. A faint smile coming to his face, Omari murmured, “I’m fine, what about you? Have you been able to identify your powers?” The ghost of a smile told Omari what he needed to know. Yeah, Aiden did know and it involved him being able to see dead things. Omari kept the laugh in check, although his eyes did brighten with the notion of it.

Looking to Sage, he tried to ask the red head about it but decided against it. Noticing the change of the eyes, Omari raised an eyebrow and carefully indicated his eyes as he furrowed his brow in confusion. Sage shrugged in answer, clearly as confused as Omari. He saw the way Rae tossed a look over his shoulder, the clear expression on his face indicating that he’d talk with Omari later on his powers. Looking at Pinstripe (his nickname for Sebastian), he asked, “Why should we trust you? How do we know you’re not lying to us?” Omari didn’t think he was, but at the same time Omari knew that some people could hide their true intentions from others.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
Max continued sitting, watching over the group as they one by one came to terms with their predicament. Examining his surroundings was difficult to say the least. Did I get concussed fighting for the title? I don't remember taking a headshot, not that I would. He didn't need proof; for some reason that Max could not place, he did not even think twice about anything the man had said -- this was one-hundred percent the real deal. There wasn't time for this in-fighting, he had gathered that if they were all chosen now it meant that they had a job to do like it or not.

For the first time since getting here, Max spoke up, "It doesn't matter if he is lying or not, we're not getting out of here until he -- or whoever he is with -- allows us to. And you just had proof that his comment about powers was true, did you not?" Pushing his arm against the floor he rose in one fluid motion. He started doing some stretches, popping his back and joints from what felt like an eternal rest. "Now if you ask me, it isn't right that we had no say in this, but that hardly matters. What does matter now is that we don't tear each other apart before whatever bad even has the chance." Having finished his stretches he looked over to Sebastion as if to ask, "Am I wrong?"

Drollive

Felicia could feel nausea growing deep in her stomach as she listened to the tall man talk. While plenty of kids joined the military in an attempt to escape their lower class lifestyle, too many of them had never returned from combat for Felicia to ever consider it a legitimate option. She had no combat experience, barring any childish scuffles back in the orphanage, and without any actual training, the gods only knew how long she would last on a battlefield. Staring at her hands, she opened and closed them several times. Her body didn’t seem any different. There was no feeling of power stirring inside of her. No energy flowing through her. Just the same weak girl, with the same weekly hangover, in a very different place than she had ever known.

Felicia pushed those thoughts out of her mind. She needed to focus on what she could do. The last thing she wanted was to be a burden to this group of strangers. Taking a deep breath, she turned to the front of the room, if it could be called that, and tried to speak up. “Um…sir?” The voices around Felicia threatened to drown out her own. She steeled herself and slowly rose from the chair she had been cowering in. “I don’t really know how I can help. I’m just a factory worker. Maybe, if you need something fixed, I could try…” She trailed off, lost in the objections of her fellow abductees.

~~~

Sebastian smoothed out his lapels, and readjusted his tie. This young man before him had fire in his eyes, exactly what the Light needed, assuming he could be pushed in the right direction. “I would advise you against resorting to violence, towards myself or any member of this group. I would hate to…lose control. Furthermore, if I had any intention of sending you back to your homeworld, I’m afraid I wouldn’t be able to. That’s just not in my skillset.”

He turned his attention lower, to the girl with the silver hair. She seemed brave, for the moment, at least. “Young lady, it’s good to see someone developing their powers so quickly. I’ll have to keep my eye on you. As for your request, while I don’t know how I can assist you, if it will help you acquiesce to the situation you all find yourselves in, I will see what I can do.”

Finally, he faced the rest of the room, slowly sweeping his gaze across the Chosen as he spoke. “I’m afraid that Max is right. When it comes right down to it, you have no reason to trust me, and no option but to go along with me anyway. However, time will prove to you that I meant exactly what I said, and that I do intend to keep you safe, as well as prove to me why the Light has decided to bring you in particular into this fight. I do look forward to finding out.” Sebastian paused for a moment, and let out a small chuckle. “It occurs to me that I was in such a rush, that I had forgotten to properly introduce myself. You all may call me Sebastian.”

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
Cage was not used to being told what to do. Since the formation of the Digital Dogs he had been able to mostly live his own life. Sure it meant living in what some would consider squalor, camping with a handful of friends in an old auto shop, but the freedom meant more than any luxury could. Freedom from the laws of the rich and the expectations of the working man. Still, he gritted his teeth and just tried to stay silent. More people seemed to be on this 'Sebastian"s side than against him, he would find no allies in trying to hurt the man.

And he claimed not to have the power to bring them home. Cage doubted that. After all it was Sebastian that brought them to this strange place. Or was it? He could feel emotion overwhelming him as he once more thought back the the garage and Pax. He bit hard into his lip to hold back the beginnings of tears. The skin broke and the taste of blood filled his mouth. He would find a way home. Until that was possible, though, Cage didn't want to make too many enemies.

"Fine. Call me Cage." He directed the introduction into the room, as if it wasn't Sebastian but everyone else he was talking to. He sat onto the ground gruffly and fell into silence for the time being. The Dogs needed him, his protection. Who would bandage their wounds, or hear out their worries if he was gone? A sudden tingling sensation flooded Cage and he felt the skin of his inner lip stitching back together. He cocked his head. Was this some effect of the White Room, or the awakening of those powers that Sebastian had claimed each of them would receive.

Whatever the case, Cage stayed silent.

Darkness Princess

Paper Bag Heaven
Sahara’s attention towards the man with the cane was diverted by the sound of a warm cheerful voice addressing her. She turned towards the person, a smile reflexively forming on her own face. When in doubt, she always believed it was better to be friendly. “I’m doing as well as you’d expect, Thank you.” As she was about to continue her conversation, the man with the cane spoke, drawing her attention back to him.

As he spoke, the smile on Sahara’s face quickly faded to be replaced with an expression of confusion which then developed into a frown and then returned to a sardonic smile. All that time spent envying her brother for being trained to be a soldier and wishing for a chance to prove herself his equal, it seemed someone was listening. Here she was, a chosen one. Just not chosen in the way she’d expect nor was he here to rub it in. She was special and she had been granted powers too but at what cost? Evidently they were not the first wave of recruits, how many of them returned home after battle? It sounded like this Light and Darkness rivalry would not be ending anytime soon.

As she processed the information, she noted that not all her new comrades in arms were taking the news well. One particularly strange looking person with silver objects embedded in his body like living jewellery had grabbed their new alleged commander. He was shaking him quite violently and Sahara took a small step back, intending to remain a nice safe distance from this encounter. It would be interesting to see how their leader takes to this much insubordination from his conscripted recruits.

Fortunately for them all, a girl with shocking silver hair decided to intervene. She made her words her will and blasted the two apart before standing in between them. This girl’s ability was inhuman. Were hers the same? Sahara flashed back to her dream of blue and wondered if that was a sign of her powers but as of now, nothing seemed to stir within her. No great wave of power. Just fear and concern.

The group with the smiling boy from earlier were speaking in the background, discussing their own abilities before one spoke up. Voicing a similar thought that she had in mind. Why should they trust him? Conscription meant desperation and what did that mean for them? Were they being sent to be slaughtered?

Another person, one who was quite tall and almost as intimidating as the short-tempered boy stood up and started stretching and causing the ground beneath him to crack off and float with the flick of his hand. A snort inadvertently escaped her lips, then a chuckle and finally outright hysterical laughter. This was seriously happening. The people she was with were embodied with powers equal to that of the djinn of legends.

The earth wielder was right. They may as well just go with the flow of events until something else better presents itself. The man with the cane, Sebastian he called himself, already said he would not be able to remove them from this place. Sahara wiped the hysterical tears of laughter from her face, and choked out her name to everyone. “Nice to meet you all, my name is Sahara and I haven’t the foggiest idea what my special abilities are but I can sell a Bedouin sand if that’s any help.”

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
~- Introductions -~

Aiden broke off from Omari as their host explained things to the group. He believed their host, the guy was telling the truth based on the ghosts of previous chosen. Aiden saw the way Rae went from being focused on the girl he'd been talking with to being focused on the guy named Sebastian. It also wasn't a surprise by the fact that some people weren't happy on their situation. Tossing a quick glance over his shoulder, he made a hand sign for Omari to locate Sage and try to figure out what was going on. Sidestepping a ghost, he hoped no one was paying close enough attention to him as a ghost whispered, "You must stay on your guard. The road ahead is a difficult one."

He didn't spare it a second glance, he knew better than to do that mistake.

"This place just amplified your previous abilities, that is your curse."

Aiden tossed a look to the right, to the spirit standing behind Max. A frown on his face, Aiden shook his head before brushing it off. Focusing back on Rae, he quickly made his way over in time to hear the girl, Sahara, introduce herself to the group at large. Rae smiled cheerfully, eyes wide with curiosity, as he asked, "Bedouin sand? What's that? It sounds interesting! My name's Rae by the way, it's nice to meet you."

A snort escaped Aiden at the introduction, he mumbled, "He's also a lot like a parakeet, if you haven't noticed."

Getting a friendly jab to the ribs, Rae waved the air and chatted cheerfully, "The grumpy one is Aiden. My other friends are named Sage and Omari. Don't worry, I promise we're all nice....despite Aiden's crankiness." A thoughtful look coming to Rae's eyes, Aiden listened as he added, "Do you have someone here with you Sahara?"

Aiden could tell that Rae wanted to invite her into their group, but at the same time Rae didn't want to offend her. A slight smile coming to his face, Aiden focused on the spooks that were hanging around the room as he tried to figure out how to continue the conversation.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
One by one, the members of this impromptu group gave their introductions, Max listened to each in turn before introducing himself - despite Sebastian knowing his already, "My name is Max, Max Black. I am the reigning Champion from my home. Where I come from everyone knows my face so it isn't so much a surprise that Sebastian knows of me already." He raised his arm, his fist stopping over his heart, and flexed - bulging his muscles as a show of strength. "I was also a peace-keeper." His face turned into a big smile, one that brought many people delight -- young and old; his eyes lit up as he remembered many victories, he rarely knew the taste of defeat. "So try not to worry when you're around me, I will be your shield."

Looking over the group, he wasn't sure how they'd take his words, he wanted to put everyone in a better mood, "It's good to meet all of you!" His voice boomed followed by a hearty laugh. "Let's tear some shit up!" He cheered, perhaps a little too earnestly, as he raised his fist to the sky.

Awards
Sunshine's eyes widened at Sebastian's response and she immediately became flustered. "Ah, um, thank you, though I'm not quite so sure it's good at the moment," she replied, mumbling the last part. "As for my, um, situation,it's a bit........personal....And I'd like to keep it on the DL. So if you could spare a moment later we can talk about it. In private."

Sebastian nodded at her, which he assumed meant that they would talk later. Sunshine threw him a thankful smile before turning her attention to Cage, as he announced himself. His recent thoughts caught her attention and she felt sympathy for him. Crouching down in front of him, she spoke to him in a lowered voice to avoid drawing attention.

"Hey. I know you're worrying about your friends." Cage gave her a confused look. Sunshine tapped the side of her head. "I can hear your thoughts. Don't ask me how. Anyway, I just wanted to say that we all have someone we're worrying about right now," she explained turning to the room full of people. "But your friends," she continued, turning back to him, " they must be strong! I can tell you are, so they must be if they're in a group with you! Cut them some slack. They'll never grow if they're constantly looked out for. Give them a chance. And you'll find your way back to them. I'm sure of it! " She offered him a bright, closed-eye smile before looking at him once more. "By the way, I love your hair!"

Sunshine immediately stood up, turned on her heel to faced the room, and announced, "Oh yeah! And I'm Sasha Sylver! You guys can call me Sunshine!!" She struck a pose, holding a peace sign over one of her eyes, before skipping off to join the growing group of people mingling.(Sahara, Rae, Aidan, etc.)

Last edited:

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
Cage felt his eyes widen as the girl whispered to him. It was a lot to take in, sympathy, advice, compliments. He rubbed his hand over the tuft of hair that decorated the top of his head, one of the few unmodified surfaces. "You...I....Thank you?" he added finally. Not certain what to say. Perhaps she was right. He had always cared for the Digital Dogs, taken care of them. Maybe they would flourish without him. He wasn't sure he liked the thought, but it still brought him a bit of comfort.

With an exertion of will he managed to keep himself from becoming misty-eyed. He loved the Dogs. Especially Pax. The background ringing of his out of date mods once again returned and he cleared his throat and looked around for distraction of some kind. Scanning the room, he finally settled on the boisterous man who had spoken earlier. Max, he had said his name was. He approached him with confidence, and tried not to appear threatening.

"You said you were the 'champion' of your city." Cage attempted to suppress a wince as the ringing in his head grew louder. It dissipated suddenly. He counted his blessings, usually it faded in and out for hours. "What does that mean? You're some kind of soldier?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back