• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Closed Darkness Reborn [Signup and Discussion]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
What the heck! Imma join! Been putting it off too much. :p

Name: Sasha "Sunshine" Sylver (goes by either Sunshine, her nickname, or Sylver)

Appearance: Long silver-white, straight hair cascading down her back. Big, purple, upturned eyes. Button nose. Pale pink thin lips. Roughly 5' 7". Slender. Sun-kissed tan skin. She tends to wear fitted white overalls with artistically placed blue, pink, and yellow paint splatters. Underneath she has loose pastel pink striped t-shirt. Brown delicate sandals are often worn. She has 2 piercing in both ears(where she normally wears diamond studs) as well as a cuff earring on her right ear. Always worn but normally hidden is a small moonstone necklace.

Personality: Bubbly, optimistic, but, when angry, blinded by rage to the point where she becomes reckless and unaware of her actions. She has an innocence surrounding her, as well as untapped bravery. Easy to talk to and can make friends with anyone. Her extrovertive-ness contributes to this. She not bad with the guys, but she only has eyes for one. Tends to speak without thinking and make somewhat embarrassing comments. Despite this fact, she can keep a secret like her life depends on it and will never ever tell it. She never ever cries, so when she does, it's over something really really important and emotional to her. Whenever something happens where grieving is typical, she distances herself away from everyone and keeps herself very busy to distract herself from the pain. In addition to this, she has two moods: emotionless blob or extra peppy and smiley. She's slightly clumsy on her feet, but great with her hands. She loves adventure and exploration. She kinda lazy, a night owl, and DEFINITELY not a morning person. She loves to laugh and knows how to laugh at herself and her slip-ups. She is almost always smiling. She's kind most times, but also loves to tease people(not in a cruel way). She has a voice like an angel and loves to sing, though she's slightly shy about it. Lastly, she never curses. Even with all her slip-ups, a curse word has never left her mouth.

Homeworld: Planet Destrion. A small planet, it's half islands, one-fourth toxic desert, and one-fourth jungle.

Background: Sunshine was born in the Jungle section of her planet. This was the most populated section of her planet, technologically advanced. Here she lived in comfort with two loving parents, and the love of her life, her best friend Keith. He lived on one of the islands so she visited often and developed a love for beaches. He was the one who'd given her the nickname "Sunshine", for "always being as warm and bright as a ray from the sun," and her moonstone necklace. They'd promised that one day they would live happily together, but all that changed. When she was 12, an explosion blew her house and parents to the ground. It was caused by an invasion from the rebels from their neighboring planet, Wystum. She was the only one who survived in her family. Many people were taken captive that day, including Keith, and transported away. Sunshine had to escape to the barren toxic desert, where she nearly died if it had not been for the hermit. He took her in and showed her how to survive the desert and fight. Every night she sat on the window sill of the room given to her and brought her necklace out as a reminder of the people she lost. She never lost hope and stayed optimistic in honor of Keith. When she was 17 and somewhat skilled, she left to fulfill her finale promise to Keith, that she would find him someday. Then she was drafted.

Abilities: Telepathy and Telekinesis.

Strengths: Extremely agile and nimble, able to keep her head in the heat of battle, smart.

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Sending out my soul to worlds more beautiful
Spoiler Spoiler Show

~————~

Spoiler Spoiler Show

~--------~

Spoiler Spoiler Show

~--------~

Spoiler Spoiler Show

~——————~

I’ll finish up later, this is just showing I am interested in the rp.

Last edited:

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
Okie dokie!! Will do!! Just to clarify. We post our side of the story following what others have posted, right? Sorry, but this is my first time! :redface:

No big deal. In this case you can either post about waking up in the White Room or a little about your past and then move on to the present. Up to you.

Awards
No big deal. In this case you can either post about waking up in the White Room or a little about your past and then move on to the present. Up to you.
Okay! Last questions! When we wake up do we immediately have our abilities, or are those bestowed upon us by someone? And do we have control over them?

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
Okay! Last questions! When we wake up do we immediately have our abilities, or are those bestowed upon us by someone? And do we have control over them?

You wake up with them. You can play with your control and awareness of the powers as much as you like. If you want you can know you have them and know how to use them, if you want you can be clueless and figure them out as you go along. Personal preference.

Awards
You wake up with them. You can play with your control and awareness of the powers as much as you like. If you want you can know you have them and know how to use them, if you want you can be clueless and figure them out as you go along. Personal preference.

Thank you for the clarification!

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Sending out my soul to worlds more beautiful
Okay, first of all RP wise, I basically have my templates done. There's just one more left to do.

Second, and I know for a fact this is off topic, but does anyone recognize the song in this video? I'd be eternally grateful to you guys if anyone can tell me the name of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERDdgctqOJM *it's been driving me insane for years since what's in the video is all that I could remember of it*

delgrey

Hi everyone, here’s the character I’ve been mulling over. Sorry for any excessive verbage. TL;DR he’s a desert ranger, druid type of fellow with a penchant for grey and a pet flying serval. I’ll wait for the all clear from Thor before starting my intro.

Name: Fel Phoxidas

Appearance: Fel stands at 5’11” with a lean yet muscular physique fit for running long distances when scouting or tracking, and his upper body strength and long limbs lend themselves well to the bow he favors. His hair is kept long - thick and dark brown, almost black except in certain light and decorated with some modest adornments earned from encounters past. Fel often ties most of his hair back when tracking or otherwise concentrating, revealing his face which is olive skinned and long - looking lately like he’s missed a few meals but still sporting his square-set jaw and seemingly perpetual full shadow of a beard. His brow is deep and often furrowed, with stoic eyes the color of ice on flint.

Like most of his people, Fel was born with long markings similar to tattoos on his face and body. Namely the visible markings on his face distinguish him with their bronze, almost gold appearance in long twin lines down his brow and the bridge of his nose, and again tracing his jawline down the sides of his face and disappearing in the shadowy folds of his hood. When traveling, Fel is largely covered in the grey and black layers of his cloak and robes. When fully covering the face, his cowl with its filtered mask and dense fiber serves as protection from sandstorms and functions as a simple gas mask. He also values his boots, made from hard yet supple leather and plated with desert ore.

Fel is most often seen atop his mount, Carrow, who is member of a species native to their planet, similar to large four horned antelope mixed with a leopard. Carrow is able to carry some of Fel’s items in various bags and parcels on its person, including a particularly warm dark leather satchel containing the curiously rough, almost scaled egg Fel had come into possession of recently. Unfortunately, Fel finds himself separated from Carrow and the egg upon waking in the White Room. However Fel was not separated from his closest companion, his familiar Lyshen - another species native to their homeworld, this one appearing similar to a serval mixed with a red tailed falcon.

Personality: Upon first meeting Fel, one might find him cold or indifferent, even dour with occasional bouts of melancholy or isolation. The few who know him longer or more closely have seen a rarer side to him - fiercely loyal with a strong sense of empathetic sincerity to his moral compass, though he is somewhat rueful of it. Thoughtful and secretly poetic, with an affinity for music and art, and a somewhat morbid sense of humor.

Homeworld: Fa’er is a desert planet, once the dominion of a great civilization whose highly advanced technologies spanned the globe, but who fell to their eventual collapse under largely unknown circumstances. Some ruins of their civilization still exist in the endless sand dunes of Fa’er, or in the deep canyons breaking through the earth in great fissures of gem studded rock and growing mineral deposits in deep caves where once sat kings and gods - or so the newer inhabitants of the planet have come to believe.

Fel is a member of one of the species belonging to the dominant culture of the planet, similar to a fusion of our Egyptian and Greek cultures. They have scavenged and reused some of the old civilization’s architecture and tech in their handful of cities and scattered outposts, usually near the few and treasured oases, but much is misused or lost to sand and time. They are nevertheless a people prone to scientific pursuit and engineering, as well as a strong devotion to their pantheon of gods. Magic, nature and animals are important to them, and artists, musicians, craftspeople, alchemists and storytellers are held in high esteem.

Background: Fel was born on a farm situated near the wavering border of two nations belonging to rulers with a history of war between them stretching back nearly a century. He had a somewhat bookish and gentle demeanor as a child, with an innate affinity for plants and animals, and a connection with nature magic that manifested early, such as the case with his familiar. The two would go exploring together throughout their youth, climbing and flying where the other could not, developing their bond and skills as they went. Like all his peers there came a time around his fifteenth year when he was conscripted into the military, where he served primarily as a healer and a scout.He defected under mysterious circumstances when he was 19, whereupon he disappeared into the high mountain peaks to train his skills in isolation. However, Fel had become a wanted man and this was never far from his mind. While it was true that there were bounties out for his head, at least for a time, it took over two years for anyone to find him, and it was not military personnel who did so.

Rather, it was a member of the Qaeen Wardens - an order of druids, rangers, knights and others dedicated to the protection of natural life. An ancient order, they exist as guardians of history, recovering lost artifacts or scraps of knowledge when they can, but they have historically sometimes been misused by tyrants or misguided by corruption. All possess some connection with nature magic and their devotion to the divine pantheon is renowned.

Fel was coerced into joining the Wardens, which he has been an active member of for the past six years.

Abilities: Emotional manipulation/absorption - the power to alter, absorb and utilize the emotions of others.

Skills: Fel is a talented marksman, and also possesses knowledge of medicine and poultices, as well as some poisons. He is a skilled navigator and survivalist, resourceful and stealthy. He is an adept rider of animals and driver of vehicles of various types. His nature magic manifests itself as an ability to encourage plant growth and enrich soil, purify small amounts of water, turn some minerals and ores into others, and communicate with some animals. Additionally, he has a penchant for the lyre and an eye for constellation mapping.

Last edited:

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
I'll get a response done up soon, I just need a chance to chill out from the fact I just lost my post. And it didn't save it, so yeah, I will return later.

Shucks, sorry to hear that. I'm going to make sure I write in a program and not KHI's system.

Drollive

Has KHI been down for days for anyone else? This is the first time it's loaded for me since at least Wednesday. I've been trying to write a post, but couldn't b/c I need to respond to other peoples' posts I couldn't see.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
Dead. No, just kidding.

I've wanted to post, but I feel like if I post every time I want to, it'll be pushing the story too quickly. I know that DP is having some real life issues preventing her from dedicating time.

Either way, I'm sorry.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
We knew this would be a slow burner, so thanks for sticking it out! I didn't think it would be THIS slow though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back