• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► {//:.daRK/<

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

letsplaycroquet

Premium member
I was originally going to make this a manga/comic, but my drawing hasn't been so good lately and I would like to share this story with the people of KHI =D

PART ONE

Chapter One

Mark Samuel was just like any other ordinary kid. Every day he got up at seven o' clock sharp to get ready for Piano lessons. When he was finished, he went to Westside Middle School for seven and a half hours. After his studies, Mark would go to Soccer practice for the Westside Warriors. Mark would then get home and study for two hours, and devotes the rest of his time to mostly TV watching and internet surfing.
But Mark certainly wasn't normal. Underneath the normal student's life was something way out of ordinary.

The glum teenager sat on the hard bench beside the large window in his dining room. Mark has planned on going to a professional soccer game with a few friend for his birthday, but the weather, which was pouring rain, didn't really help that much. Why does it have to rain today, of all days? Mark thought.
Mark has always wondered why rain has to fall on certain place on certain times. Of course, he knew there was a scientific explanation for where rain clouds travel, but to Mark it was basically God picking on him.
"Do you want to see a movie with your friends?" Mark's mother, Paula, questioned.
"No, I'm okay. I'm kinda tired, I think I'm gonna go to bed..." Mark slowly walked up the creaky steps to his room.
As Mark lay on his bed he all of the sudden started to ache in pain. He moaned and maybe yelled a bit as he tossed and turned over in his bed. What's happening to me!? A burning flare of pain ceased in his back. He felt as if someone was stretching out his skin and ripping it in the process. Mark felt tears coming down his cheeks as he started to yell.
"Mom!!" He shouted. "MOM!!?" His mom obviously couldn't hear him.
Mark knew he had to leave his room. He couldn't do it. He was in pain. He slowly put a foot down on the floor, then the next. Now he had to lift up and stand up. "AHH!!!" He yelled. He wiped aside his tears, and in one miraculous sweep he got up on his feet and limped down the hallway. Mark tried climbing down the stairs, but fell down and toppled down the steep, hard, steps. Once he was on the floor he could see the kitchen, which bear a note on the refridgerator.

"I'm off to the grocery store.
-Love, mom"

"No..." He stoped moaning.
In a very quick process, a black stick game out of his back. It slowly grew another layer which beared a wing. The pain stopped, Mark felt fine.
"What the heck is going on here!?"

letsplaycroquet

Premium member
Sure, it's just when I wrote this my sister was pressuring me to get off so I had to make it quick. Chapter 2 will be longer. Thanks for comment.

letsplaycroquet

Premium member
Chapter Two

Mark was in fear. It wasn't that kind of fear that you get when you watch a horror movie. He was literally thinking that maybe these wings meant he was dead.

And there's only one way to find out whether he's dead or not.

Mark walked over to the kitchen drawer beside the sink. He grabbed a sharp butcher knife, and cut himself slightly in the forearm. Why didn't I feel anything? Mark wondered. Mark took another cut as his arm, but this time much deeper. Still, there was no pain. "What is this!?" He wondered if he really was dead. But if he was dead, wouldn't there be a corpse? The wing came out in his bedroom, and he stumbled down to the kitchen and didn't look back. That means when the wing came out, Mark possibly died and left the corpse on his bed.

Mark ran up the stairs and opened the door. He looked at his bed, and there he was, lying on the bed. "What--" Mark tried to get out words, but instead he ended up puking on the carpet. After he puked, he took a deep breath and puked again. "What is going on here!?!?"

He was laying on the floor, in shock. He must have been dead. Mark realized what happened to his life. What would his friends think? What would his parents think? So I won't live to play in the World Cup? Mark cried. Just as anyone else.

All of the sudden mark heard the door open. Then a voice.
"Mark??? I'm hoommeee!!" It was his mom. "Could you help me carry in groceries?" Mark felt tears come down his cheeks. He couldn't feel any physical pain... Because he wasn't part of this world anymore. Mark rushed downstairs to see if his mom could see him. He went in front of her, and yelled, "CAN YOU SEE ME?!?" His mom didn't respond, she just carried on with her chore of bringing the groceries from the car. "No..." Mark slumped down and sat on the floor. "Why!? Nothing happened to me! I did nothing wrong!" He was crying hard. He knew his mom would go upstairs to see Mark's dead corpse.

"Mark? Are you in your room? Are you listening to loud music again?" She put down her grocery bag and crept up the stairs. The dead Mark tried to stop her. He was yelling and screaming. But she couldn't hear him. She would know that Mark was dead.

She slowly twisted the doorknob of Mark's room. "Mark are you in--" She stopped talking in fear and shock.

Mark left the house. He didn't want to see his mom upset. It would be too much for him.

letsplaycroquet

Premium member
It gets better. At least, it does in my opinion. The main plot isn't here yet. Any more readers? I've got Sterling Silver, and that's it. O_O

Last edited:

letsplaycroquet

Premium member
(Original? I thought people would find it too much like Yu Yu Hakusho, xD)
Chapter Three

Mark now had to find his friends. He had to somehow tell them what happened. He first wanted to visit his fellow soccer player, Cilve Jackson. Clive lives in Meadow Street. So that means I'll probaly have to walk an hour and a half. But... Can't I get there faster? Don't I have a wing now? Come to think of it, Mark never took a full glance at his wing. He twisted a little to see what exactly it could do. The wing was very dark and mysterious, and looked like a wing from a demon that you would see in a horror film. It had a shade of black on the out line and had veins in the wingspan. A dark red would fill the remainder of the wing. The wing was suprisingly wide, and probaly was very heavy, but Mark couldn't feel that because he can't feel anything physical, even though he could still stay on Earth and stay on the ground.

Mark wondered if he could fly. But I only have one wing. He wondered. He would surely lose balance, and Mark wasn't sure if he could move the wing manually or not. So Mark tried to move the wing up and down. It nudged a bit, but he felt that he didn't fully have control of his wing yet.

Maybe walking will do.

So Mark ran, and ran fast. He ran in the street, and got ran over and went flying. Since he couldn't feel pain, it was like jumping in the air. Mark had fun with this, but it felt wrong and evil to be defying science. But science isn't a religion, so why should he not defy it?

Mark got to Clive's house much earlier than expected, probaly because he can keep running and running. And he can never stop, because his body can't feel any physical conditions.

Mark wondered how he would get inside Clive's house. Mark circled around the house looking for an open window. But of course, most people with common sense leave their windows shut. Mark wondered if anyone was home, because he could always break in. But that wouldn't be right, it would scare the Jackson family and would defintely feel weird to Mark breaking and entering, which is a crime. But police can't do anything about it.

Mark decided to wait until someone came outside. So Mark sat down for about an hour waiting until Clive's little sister Natasha came out with a jump rope and chalk. Mark moved fast, and slipped right into Clive's house.

Clive's house was medium sized, middle class. When you walked in you were greeted by a large, empty room and a fireplace. The next room over was the "Family Room", and there the Jacksons would relax and rest. To the right of that room was a hall that led to the kitchen, which was a good size, and featured a wooden floor and a dark red color of wallpaper. Close to the kitchen was a staircase that led to a narrow hall that bore soft carpet and several doors on each side of each wall that led to Clive's siblings rooms. At the end of the hall was Clive's room.

Mark arrived at Clive's room. Outside the door. He took a deep breath and opened the door.

Last edited:

getblazedordie

i like where this is going, "but it felt wrong and evil" and his wing was out of a horror movie, so he's gonna turn into sum kind of demon right?

good fanfic, count me as a fan

Sterling_Silver

Dagadut.
It's good, but I noticed you seem to be repeating statements a bit often, and words, also. Put in a little more word variation. (If you need help with this, you can go to the Articles of Literacy, by Thelonepickle, in the sticky section.)And the chapters are pretty short still. They tease meh. ;-;

letsplaycroquet

Premium member
getblazedordie said:
i like where this is going, "but it felt wrong and evil" and his wing was out of a horror movie, so he's gonna turn into sum kind of demon right?

good fanfic, count me as a fan

Hmm... You're theory is very close, but then again it is way off.

letsplaycroquet

Premium member
Chapter 4

Mark opened the door to Clive's room. He jumped back in shock, for what he saw wasn't Clive. It was a girl.

She had black hair, and wore a black robe. Her eyes were red. And like Mark, she had a wing. "You are pathetic... Why didn't you stay at your house?"

Mark screamed a little bit. "Y-You can see me?!" The girl grinned. "Of course I can. Protectors can see other Protectors."

"Protectors!?!? I'm dead!"

"You don't get it, do you?"

"Huh?"

"You wanna know why you can stay on the ground, but cannot feel anything physical?" Mark took a deep breath. "Do you want to know why you still exist on earth?" She continued. "Do you want to know why judgement has not been passed onto you on whether you will arise into Heaven or burn in the flames of hell?" Mark put his hand on his chin as he thought. "I never thought about that. Are you saying... That I am not dead?"

She laughed a little. "You are alive and dead, at the same time."

"Come again?"

"When your wing grew, half of you died, half of you stayed alive. This doesn't happen to everyone. And when people die like that... It only means that they are destined to stay on Earth to rid the world of daRKs."

""daRKs?"' Mark asked. "What the heck is a daRK?"

The black haired girl sighed. "daRKs are humans who died under the age of six years. They are monsters that cause unplanned deaths."

"Unplanned?"

"When a human is born, their death date is planned. But these "daRKs" inturrupt the death date. And if a daRK is lucky, then they kill children who evolve into daRKs themselves. daRKs spawn, and they multiply. That's why protectors are here, to get rid of daRKs for good."

Mark didn't know what to think. So I'm... Not dead, but not fully part of Earth anymore? And these "daRKs"... I have to get rid of them? "But that's... Dumb. if daRKs are born so easily, then how can we kill them? If we eliminate them one by one... Then it will take ages to get rid of them all. And... Who are you?"

The girl smiled. "My name is Protector Michelle."

---

Sorry for not having this chapter up sooner. I had to take a while to think about when I would introduce Michelle. Leave comments ^-^

Gamergirl

Silver Member
yup i like it . . .surprisingly its not kh related lol
but do think about making the chapters longer
and ya think u could update this 2day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back