• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dark Road ► Dark Road General Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

zander1995

Awards
Not as bad as I thought it would be. Magic does a real dent in the level 50 Watermelon so I was able to take it down, much to my surprise. Let's see if I can do it in auto though (use Cure, auto. Use it.)
I can get through it on auto (with me tapping for deck refresh), so it's honestly not as bad as it sounded.

Katsagu

Awards
Watermelon Heartless event is from 6/30~7/31. Event consists of 10 rounds; Round 1~8 pit you against lv15 Watermelon, then Round 9 is a lv50 Huge Watermelon RIP

Mission board:

Defeat 10 Watermelon: Charm x 1
Defeat 50 Watermelon: Mickey x 1
Defeat 100 Watermelon: BP x 1000
Defeat 250 Watermelon: Mickey x 1
Defeat 500 Watermelon: Charm x 1
Defeat 750 Watermelon: Mickey x 1
Defeat 1000 Watermelon: BP x 10000
Defeat 1500 Watermelon: Mickey x 1
Defeat 2000 Watermelon: Key x 1
Defeat 3000 Watermelon: Mickey x 1
Defeat 4000 Watermelon: Key x 1
Defeat 5000 Watermelon: Mickey x 1
Defeat 7500 Watermelon: Mickey x 1
Defeat 10000 Watermelon: Mickey x 1
Defeat 1 Huge Watermelon: Mickey x 1
Defeat 100 Huge Watermelon: Mickey x 1

10000!? There is no way I'm ending this...
I can kill 9 on one run, and with 31 days to do it I have to run this 36 times every day... Oh no

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Looks like I might have to do a few draws, but I'll wait until I got plenty of jewels since I refuse to spend money.

But they did give me a bunch of cards; the one that does Dark Break, which helps.

Can't beat the 50 watermellon right now, and i refuse to use the continue things. Those I'd rather save for missions!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
How do people feel about the last monthly mission being to defeat 50,000 heartless? If you only defeat 1613 heartless every day then you'd get the jewels on July 31st.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
How do people feel about the last monthly mission being to defeat 50,000 heartless? If you only defeat 1613 heartless every day then you'd get the jewels on July 31st.
I'm fortunate enough to be WFH and can leave it running all day so 50,000 in one month isn't going to be difficult in the long run, but not everyone has that luxury right now.

50k for the first full month seems kinda excessive. Could have worked our way up from like 30k, or something. But I guess if they're already asking us to take out 10k watermelons, the other 40k doesn't seem like much :\

Cumguardian69

Awards
50k heartless is doable, just auto on 1 star agrabah, the real problem is the disproportianate reward

zander1995

Awards
So update on that "auto mode breaking" issue.

If you have Protect (red), Potion (red), and Attack Boost (red), but the other two cards are blue and green, the game will just sit there until you turn off auto mode and select manually.

Presumably other boost cards will have similar effects to the ones I have.

Cumguardian69

Awards
Just saw the game literally use Thunder (green), Cure (green, tinkerbell), and some red card over healing. This cost me a fight against a lv50 watermelon (I don't use charms). Thanks SQEX :^)

zander1995

Awards
Just saw the game literally use Thunder (green), Cure (green, tinkerbell), and some red card over healing. This cost me a fight against a lv50 watermelon (I don't use charms). Thanks SQEX :^)
The game prioritizes doubles over single cards, and won't play singular cards if there are any other doubles/triples. So if you don't have any other blues, it won't cure.

Auto mode should definitely be balanced around cures when you need it, but it's not exactly broken for not doing it.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
There should be an option in the menu to tell it what you'd like to prioritise, e.g. attack, defence (Goofy and Donald's cards), cure, magic, buffs/esunas, so you can get a set up that applies to the difficulty of the content you're attacking.

If it was customisable to be able to tell the game "every time a cure card is in the deck, play it" then a lot of people would be able to grind more efficiently. I don't think the card colours matter for non-attack or magic cards (maybe for cure? idk I haven't tested it so it might tick someone off that Minnie is played before two red cards and their cure is smaller than it would be if it was played with one or two other blue cards, but in saying that I've had auto hold back a Minnie until I had more blue cards in my deck and then it decided to play an attack rather than the cure I needed soooooo idk, I'd much rather any cure than the "perfect" cure)

I also wish the timers for boosts were changed as well. Right now it just puts a 1, 2 etc. next to the icon depending on how many have been played and stacked, but when they're 10 seconds each then I'd much rather there be a countdown on display but that might just be me.

Cumguardian69

Awards
GAMBITS. I knew I was missing an auto battle feature and the name is GAMBITS. If you've never played Final Fantasy XII, essentially in that game you can tell your AI partners how to act in specific scenarios. E.g: If Ally: <30% HP, cast Curaja. In a list of gambits, you can assign priority to each one, so if you have conflicting orders (such as If Ally: <50%, cast Curaga and If Ally: <30%, Cast Curaja), you can tell which order has higher priority and this keeps the micromanagement to a minimum.

More Info: https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Gambits

Basically, there are a few missing feature of KHDR:

• Absolutely missing auto-tap as a feature, the fact that you have to manually turn Auto off just to tap is ridiculous as well
  • Missing auto-grind customization, even FEH lets you tell Auto battle to group your team around a specific player
  • Missing a "skip the bullshit grind" feature teehee :^)
This game will never reach the decent tier if they can't get past these features. The game's literally designed aorund grinding but the grind is painful, even worse than FFXIV 1.0.

GreyouTT

Awards
I'm scared the next batch of story missions is gonna require kill counts from 2* worlds, and I don't have the cards to cut it.

andreverts

Awards
Level 20 and still not able to let 100% Agrabah ★★ on auto...I mean, sometime goes for more than 200 kills or until I stop it, but still happens to die randomly. My tablet is melting since this game/expansion has been released.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
This is one time I highly recommend you consider installing Bluestacks or Vox to install this game to if you have a pc. Save your tablet.

I can't say for Vox, but Bluestacks you can literally click on the Home tab while it's running and just let it rip as well as do other things so you don't keep hearing the music.

I originaly went emulator since KHUX has gotten SO big, I needed to move it to emulator to save my poor phone's space. Once I can get a new phone I might consider reinstalling it on a actual device but not right now.

andreverts

Awards
I've been forced to install BlueStacks on my desktop to clear with 3 mickeys a quest on Union (Proud mode n. 889).
It was literally impossible on my tablet due to lag during the attack animation causing the game to slow down but time regularly flowing. I run the app on an old Galaxy Tab 3 Lite, don't know how this device is surviving this game 🤣

Cumguardian69

Awards
Yea ever since i installed DR, my samsung s9+ has been having extremely weird lag and audio playback issues.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
tenor.png

144k off of level 31. Used all 7 of my charms to revive myself, but cleared both the Winning Streak and Advanced Feat of Strength. Almost halfway to finishing the watermelon event and almost 500 Huge Watermelon taken down.

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I made the decision to no longer spend jewels on pulls in KHUX, so all the jewels I made in that game from dailies, story quests, proud quests, PvP bonuses, the end of month 5000 jewel event etc, I've brought over to KHDR.

The rest of the time my iPad just sits near me so I just tap to restart the watermelon event and put it on 2* Agrabah when I can't do that.

Back