• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dark Road ► Dark Road Finale Megathread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

ivaannom

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

My bad, i shouldn't have type coat. The Q&A says "blue robe". Don't ask me why i said blue coat... Sorry.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
Wasn't there an autoplay function dor world battle? Am i remembering wrong?

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
Btw, how many Episodes in total did it come out to in the end?

(I’m sitting here at my work computer unable to get anything done, counting down the minutes to 5pm 😭)

MoonRabbit

Awards
Just finished it. There's eight episodes, but the story...still feels incomplete. I was honestly expecting this game to answer more questions. I guess we'll have to wait to finish this story in Missing Link? :cautious:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
PSA: People saying there is no grind are lying to you. I’ve had my iPad running for like 5 hours and have only gone up maybe 5 levels.

If you are starting this from scratch or did not have your game up-to-date/buy jewels for good cards, you will have a grind.

I highly recommend buying the strongest cards with your BP ASAP so you can blast through stuff faster, then push through the quests until you need to grind the world levels.

palizinhas

Awards
Enjoyed this game a lot more as a fun, intimate Xehanort story than as the game to Answer A Lot Of Open Questions that I thought it would be, tbh. Kinda like Days vs BBS for me that BBS was obviously more plot important but Days is more enjoyable.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

MoonRabbit

Awards
Someone on 4chan translated the Q&A:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Quite interesting stuff.

So if I understand the overall connection between Xehanort and Sora (and Baldr too) correctly their ability to connect to other hearts goes beyond what is usually possible and they can even see and tell mentally how other hearts are feeling and so far Sora was the only one to not eventually get overwhelmed by its drawbacks while Baldr and Xehanort eventually did. Although it may also have to do with a true darkness not having set its interest on Sora yet.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Someone on 4chan translated the Q&A:
Spoiler Spoiler Show
I like that Nomura
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
It was fun. Luxu is a cool character.

Shoutout to the animators, because i know it mustn't have been easy if there were still only two.
Still don't understand why they didn't divided this into different parts instead of releasing everything together, but whatever. It's done.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Bout to head home with my iPad grinding these damn levels during my drive. I really don’t get why they didn’t fix the level grind?

darknessofheart

Awards
Overall, I really enjoyed the story.

• The banter between Xehanort and MoM was hilarious and easily one my favorite scenes. Xehanort thinking MoM was some sleazy salesman looking to sell him a coat lol. Xehanort's responses felt really genuine and actually made him more relatable than Sora.

• Damn, the characters dropped like flies here. The implication was obviously there since the first episode, but seeing so many characters die in such short-order...

• So Sora went from being an ordinary kid to a destined child meant to save the world. Not sure how I feel about both Xehanort and Sora going from ordinary islanders, choosing radically different paths, to being prophesized instigators.

• My assumption is the MoM and Luxu were looking to use Xehanort as both a vessel for the new strains of darkness to give it form and then destroy, while also giving rise to the true destined child meant to override the final page in the Book of Prophecies, who they can then guide/use to destroy the remaining darknesses housed in themselves and the Foretellers.

• Ordin also seemed keen on bringing out the true seeker of darkness for the same reason.

• Others have said it, but I love how the Mirror in the Dwarf woods was utilized. A Disney character being used to expand the lore in a meaningful way was so refreshing to see. With them seeming to do something similar with Hades in KHIV, I'm liking how they might be utilizing Disney properties moving forward.

• I'm wondering how long Xehanort knew about the robed figure. It seems like the figure/reincarnated player eventually stopped being an active parenting figure to Xehanort as he got older. Also, was Xehanort truly alone on those islands? Someone else had to have been there because by the time Sora and Riku came along, Xehanort's departure was something of a legend.

• The retelling of previous scenes was sorta a nice touch but quickly became very redundant to watch.

• Bragi and then Braig; if Luxu is naming/renaming his vessels, he's officially an even bigger troll than before.
Overall, I really enjoyed it. The ending with Xehanort in KHIII really feels earned now in my opinion.

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I'm keen to see the implications of characters that actually die going to Hades Underworld. With Donald and Goofy going there to find Sora, who "died," I'd say we're more than likely to see the upperclassmen in Quadratum.

KH4 is now giving me Lightning Returns vibes aha. Sora potentially saving the souls of people in Quadratum is exactly what Lightning did.

darknessofheart

Awards
I actually read the translated interview with Nomura and he seems to imply it's unlikely that we'll see the upperclassmen in future installments. I would take that with a grain of salt given how much Nomura changes his mind. But it seems his plans for KHIV, as of right now anyway, do not include those characters.

Also, I love how he explains that Xehanort being bald was not really that important; he was just annoyed that people thought he lost his hair when he simply shaved it lol.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I actually read the translated interview with Nomura and he seems to imply it's unlikely that we'll see the upperclassmen in future installments. I would take that with a grain of salt given how much Nomura changes his mind. But it seems his plans for KHIV, as of right now anyway, do not include those characters.
I do not trust that man and have not trusted him for years.

At the very least, the implications of them being sent to the underworld should have a deeper meaning to connect with KH4.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Wonder what are the circumstances that dictate where people will end up when they die in this series? On one hand we have Xehanort, Eraqus, and Player who all went to Kingdom Hearts or whatever, and on the other we have the upperclassmen who ended up in Hades's Underworld. Is the difference whether you go peacefully or not? But then what about someone like Strelitzia, whose death was no different from the upperclassmen yet she wound up all the way in Quadratum?

Back