• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dark Road ► Dark Road: Chapter 2 - The Presence of Darkness

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
That's how I read it, darkness hiding within people. I think it's a deliberate connection to what the Master talked about, how darkness had changed form over time and now hides inside people.

lol so after you said that I went back to double check that sequence of events and you're absolutely right, should be darkness within people rather than people within darkness.

Reuploaded cutscenes~

andreverts

Awards
This episode lacks of contents in my opinion. There are less cutscenes than the first one and more filler dialogues. I didn't enjoyed it very much.

Last edited:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
It ended right when it was getting good. The filler dialogue was pointless. How many times are we going to see people at trial with the Queen of Hearts?

I'm really curious about the 4 years later part. That must have been during Xehanort's "world tour", but why would he go back to Wonderland? Also, does that mean nothing in Wonderland ages because it's Wonderland? The Queen of Hearts should be old in KH1.

D

Deleted member 252753

I'm really curious about the 4 years later part. That must have been during Xehanort's "world tour", but why would he go back to Wonderland?
I got the impression that it was because Xehanort wanted to learn more about darkness and so went back to see the Queen there. Hopefully we'll find out more about the purpose of the journey in the next episode, given the title.

OrionGold

Awards
It ended right when it was getting good. The filler dialogue was pointless. How many times are we going to see people at trial with the Queen of Hearts?

I'm really curious about the 4 years later part. That must have been during Xehanort's "world tour", but why would he go back to Wonderland? Also, does that mean nothing in Wonderland ages because it's Wonderland? The Queen of Hearts should be old in KH1.
You do realize this is Wonderland you're talking about, right? Logic just doesn't exist in a world as crazy as Wonderland.

D

Deleted member 252753

You can wave logic in Wonderland but it does make me wonder what's going to happen during the rest of Xehanort's '4 years later tour'. Assumedly he isn't going to be in Wonderland the whole time.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
You do realize this is Wonderland you're talking about, right? Logic just doesn't exist in a world as crazy as Wonderland.
I know logic doesn't exist in Wonderland, but it seems that he is visiting people in those worlds affected by darkness. So maybe The Queen of Hearts is the only person he will encounter, and he will use her as an example of darkness mutating from just heartless and hiding in people's hearts. Which - in itself - is a weird approach to this, since the Dark Road cast seem to imply that heartless are the original form of darkness... yet heartless are born from the darkness in people's hearts, so it really shouldn't be a surprise to them. Unless they were only aware of pureblood heartless straight from the Realm of Darkness (and never witnessing or being aware of people being able to turn into heartless)?

Speaking specifically of The Queen of Hearts, when we visit her in KH1 she clearly is still corrupted. So Xehanort may not do anything to help get rid of her darkness. I'm really hoping Nomura does some sort of surprise connection between Xehanort's actions in Wonderland and what happens in KH1. I would have said that it'd be cool to see Xehanort create/summon Trickmaster somehow, but he's an emblem heartless so that can't really happen.

Chie

Awards
You may be thinking of this too mechanically. She is not corrupted - darkness is the heart's true essence. Xehanort depressingly "realizes" this through his experiences.

It's not a story about the scientific mechanics of darkness, but about becoming nihilistic in reaction to the sociopathy of other human beings.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
I wonder if Xehanort seeing darkness is the same as Riku's power to smell darkness. We need someone who can hear and speak darkness next. I vote for Aeleus or Dilan to speak darkness. Maybe Terra can hear darkness, as he fits the Xehanort/Riku theme lol.

You joke, but I honestly could see them doing an "audible darkness" kind of deal where a person's heart emits a certain sound/frequency, and any discord = darkness.

Wonderland is a weird place because it's all topsy-turvy and nonsensical with how things should work. Alice fell down there from her original world, so Wonderland is like a world within a world. Kinda like how the Hundred Acre Woods is technically a world within a world, because you enter it when you go to Hollow Bastion/Radiant Garden/Twilight Town, but the book itself also acts as a world with sentient beings.

So if I were to guess, it's probably that Wonderland's flow of time is either non-existent or extremely slow due to the properties of that world being unique compared to other worlds. Either that, or Wonderland fell to darkness somehow and was actually still incomplete up to the point where Alice arrives in KH1, and the Queen and all of the other residents of that world are exempt from that "people reappearing" rule for whatever reason. It's probably just a matter of time flowing differently for different worlds, and 10 years on one world could be like two somewhere else.

The Realm of Darkness already does this, and I don't think it's ever been explained why it does that (it doesn't make sense, because it really shouldn't be doing that), so the precedence is there for other worlds having an extremely slow flow of time.

Awards
I bet Wonderland's timeflow is non-existent, cuz in 358 the Queen of Hearts is still making her soldiers look for SDG even though nearly a year passed and she's only seen them for a few minutes at max.

For all we know literally every Wonderland story that isn't a projection of a castle or a book just collectively happens in the span of a few "Wonderland days".

Said days being whenever someone just happens to show up.

Violet Pluto

Awards
I bet Wonderland's timeflow is non-existent, cuz in 358 the Queen of Hearts is still making her soldiers look for SDG even though nearly a year passed and she's only seen them for a few minutes at max.

For all we know literally every Wonderland story that isn't a projection of a castle or a book just collectively happens in the span of a few "Wonderland days".

Said days being whenever someone just happens to show up.
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 and a Wonderland Days.

GreyouTT

Awards
I find it slightly odd that we flashed back to a scene Global doesn't actually have yet.

Cumguardian69

Awards
I find it slightly odd that we flashed back to a scene Global doesn't actually have yet.
Nothing odd about, SE(NA) hates globak players because we don't whale as hard as Japan, we're barely a blip on the radar

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Global should be getting that scene tonight, so at least it's not as bad as during the Dandelion Meeting when they showed off layouts and designs for mid-Enchanted Dominion, a world that hadn't even been introduced lol

Back