• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Dark Light (an original story by me)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Henskie

I'm Batman
Prologue-

In ancient times the balance between good and evil was threatened by a group of priests of the goddess Deva who plotted to eradicate the darkness completely. Their plan was to travel the world and use the crystal of darkness in order to absorb all the hate and evil qualities that existed in hearts of mankind. They nearly succeeded but they lost to a powerful knight that possessed the power to resist their crystal. Using the knight's will and his sword of the Phoenix he thwarted the priests.
5 years later the priests began to gather the souls of humans in order to release Deva and even though the knight tried his best he couldn't stop them from resurrecting her in her true form. The two of them faced off in a battle that could only be described as epic and lead to the shattering of the sword of the Phoenix and the sealing of Deva. The priests were taken into the seal by Deva and were sealed with her. Soon after the battle the knight disappeared into the pages of history and with him he took the story of his battle.
300 years later a new threat faced the world and it just happened to be the same threat that the knight had defeated centuries before. In the dawn of a new age a hero will be born to face the darkness of the light.

Chapter1- Deva's return

In a torch lit temple deep in the dark jungle of the amazons a group of 5 men with white cloths draped over their bodies held hands in a circle with a sobbing naked girl tied down in front of them. She would've screamed but she knew nobody could help her. The men began to chant words that sounded like no modernly known language. As they spoke a symbol appeared beneath the girl's body and then the symbol enveloped her and a bright light consumed her entire body. When the light subsided the woman was standing upright and wearing a bright white dress covered in gold and jewels. The men dropped to their knees and one spoke, “I am sorry mistress but we were unable to resurrect you in your true form but we took the purest virgin we could find and we used her as a host for at least part of your power to enter into”. She smiled and waved her hands and they all collapsed to the ground and a light also consumed them. “These hosts shall do for my true servants” she said as she chuckled to herself. They stood up and they were covered in white knight armor. They knelt down and she walked towards the exit of the cave and clenched her fist. “I sense an aura much like the bastard who helped send us to that wretched limbo my minions. This time I will make sure that he doesn't stop us from achieving our goals. As of now he is only an infant and it is now that I shall separate his dark side from his light because then he can truly become one of us.” She laughed and then disappeared leaving the white knights alone in the cave.
On the other side of the world a baby lay sleeping innocently in it's crib. She appeared above him and plunged her hand into the baby's stomach and he began to glow and when she pulled her hand out she pulled a replica of the baby out. “Her is your light the power of pure good and it shall be your light that destroys you the dark side.” With that she disappeared into the night.

Chapter 2- Mirrors
15 years later...
Brett grew up a problem child always making a fuss over everything he hassled his mom over every little detail. His teachers tried to force him to do what they said but he ignored them and could care less if they gave him a detention or suspended him so the teachers did nothing. He was always picking fights with people and he would win because he possessed an anger that he didn't understand but it was always there and it gave him strength. Even when he was grounded he wouldn't listen and he would just do the opposite of what his parents told him to do and it seemed everyone had given up on him.
Going into his freshman year of high school he met a girl named Kaitlyn who changed his life forever. She was sweet and kind even to him who everyone seemed to fear. She would sit with him at lunch and possessed no fear of him at all. She treated him like any other kid. At first it pissed him off and he was angry that she wasn't scared of him but soon he grew to like it and began to hang out with her. She was the first friend he had because even the gangsters were scared of him because he held no alliances and would fight whoever the hell he wanted to. When Kaitlyn was around it was like he was a different person he felt like this must be what it is like to be in love. Gradually he began to grow softer and kinder and it seemed like he started becoming a normal kid with friends. Everything had fallen into place for his life and he was for once happy.
It was April 13, Brett's 16 Birthday, Kaitlyn decided that she wanted to go out alone with him to celebrate the occasion. They spent the whole day together and at the end they went out for ice cream. Brett sat across from Kaitlyn and he for the first time in his life felt genuinely nervous. “um Kaitlyn I was wondering if maybe we could be boyfriend and girlfriend..” She smiled warmly and said, “Well I thought we were already dating”. They Simultaneously leaned in and kissed each other. It was the greatest moment in Brett's life and they only time that he could say that his anger had ceased to exist.
At that moment a giant gust hit them and a man wearing a white cloak appeared and attacked Brett with sword. Brett began to run with Kaitlyn but the man was to fast. He hid Kaitlyn in a nearby store and charged at the man in white. Brett swung his fist but the man dodged it and kicked Brett up into the air and appeared above him and sent him smashing into the ground. Brett was completely outclassed by this guy. The anger that had dissipated earlier was now back. Brett charged at the man in white and dodged his sword and landed a clean punch to his face and was confident he had won this fight but the man sent him flying with a kick. Brett was bruised and beaten he knelt on the ground and the hood of the man was blown off and it was revealed to be an exact replica of Brett!

Chapter 3- “Recruit”
“You are... You are me?!”, said Brett with complete amazement. The face that resembled his showed immense anger when he said this. He raised his sword in to the air and it began to glow a gold light “I am nothing like you! I am not a pathetic spawn of the devil who wastes the air that we decent humans breath!” he struck the ground with his sword and it exploded right in front of Brett sending him flying into a brick wall. Brett was done he could no longer move and he could feel that both his legs were broken by the impact with the wall. The other Brett charged at him with the blade of his sword pointing at Brett. “Damn!” is all Brett could say as he could feel his death coming straight at him. The blade pierced through his left shoulder and it began move towards his heart. Suddenly the blade was withdrawn and Brett passed out on the ground.
3 days later Brett woke up laying in a hospital bed with Kaitlyn sleeping on his stomach. The doctor walked in and smiled at Brett. “Well you finally woke up. You have been asleep since you have been here. You sustained heavy injuries and you girlfriend told us what happened to you and frankly I am surprised you survived.”. Brett sat up and said, “What exactly happened to me after I got stabbed?'. The doctor looked at him gravely “Well the person who attacked you was attacked by some unseen force and he had to make a retreat. Whatever attacked him was obviously stronger than him. Well this is what your girlfriend told us. She said she didn't get a good look at your assailants face so she couldn't give the police any leads. She has been at your side since you came in 3 days ago”. The doctor left and Kaitlyn woke up and just looked at Brett and smiled “I am glad you are awake. What happened with that guy? Why did he attack you? Do you know who he was?” Brett shrugged and shook his head. “I have no clue who he was or why he attacked me. I am sure I was hallucinating from the pain but I could have sworn he looked like a mirror image of me.” She half-laughed and then she said she had to go to the bathroom leaving Brett alone in his hospital room.
“So it's about time you woke up” the voice seemingly came out of nowhere but a bearded man emerged from the shadows. He had long dark hair and a grizzly beard. His clothes were all black and he had necklace hanging from his neck that was shaped like a sword. “You were attacked by a denizen of the light. He is a member of a radical group that desires to eliminate all darkness in the world. Their leader is a reincarnated goddess from ancient times. You are one of the first targets but you are obviously different from anyone else because she sent one of her most powerful knights after you.” Brett pulled his body up and realized his legs were still broken. “Ugh so why me and why did that guy look exactly like me? Who is he? More importantly who are you?”. The man chuckled “Well for starters I am Z thats all I go by. The man who attacked you his name is Lios he is the 2nd in command of Deva's white knights. The reason why you both look so similar and why he attacked you and why you both look so similar is unknown to me at this time but I will find out. The only thing that I know for sure is that if you want to survive is that you should let me train you to fight like them and be able to beat them.” Brett began to laugh “Yeah right like I can train with my legs in this condition. They are shattered to bits I bet the doctors cant even repair this extensive of damage.” The man held out his hand and Brett's body began to glow and it lifted him into the sky and moved him up right and planted him on the ground. “Walk” said Z. As if by some miracle all of Brett's injuries were healed and he could walk again. “It is important that you don't get you girlfriend involved so we better leave immediately for your training to begin and I warn you it will be difficult but you will become infinitely stronger”. Without a word Brett walked towards him and shook his hand “Lets go!” Then in a flash of light they disappeared leaving Kaitlyn and the hospital behind.

Chapter 4- “Darkness is light enough”
“Lios wait for me!” A beautiful brown haired girl chased after Lios through a long white hallway. Lios stopped mid-stride and faced her “I must report the results of my hunt to our master please don't stop me from doing so” he turned to face forward again and walked through a large door. “You could have at least said hi to me Lios” said the girl to herself sadly.
“Master my attempted assassination of the dark one was thwarted by him” Deva turned around and glared at Lios “He is back? Still alive... how is that possible? He is only normal... Regardless you attacks should not cease once you get on his trail again find him and kill him! You are dismissed” She turned away from him and Lios exited the room. Outside the room the girl was still waiting for Lios “Leigha why are you waiting outside for me? You didn't know how long I would be in there for”. Leigha rubbed her foot on the ground “I would wait as long as it takes to see you... You know that” Lios walked away Deva taught me even from a child that such emotions are needless in the dark world we live in. Our job is to illuminate the world not to fall in love. Love is a weakness. We should only watch out for ourselves”. She chased after him “That doesn't matter because I know deep beneath your rough exterior that you have a heart of gold because lady Deva removed your darkness at a very young age and thats why you are one of the strongest of her knights..”
Soon Lios reached his room “I am sorry I am being so hard on you its just that I failed my mission for the first time in my life. All because of the meddling of that man... Seeing that dark one's face made me want to puke he reflected everything I hate. I am sorry but I am going to go to bed good night Leigha.” With that he entered his room and laid on his bed. He stayed awake for another 3 hours thinking of his failure until sleep caught up with him and he drifted off to sleep.

Chapter 5- “Power”
Three months had gone by that Brett and Z were training. They were in the most isolated region in the world. The nearest town was over 500 miles away. There were a few trees but it was mostly just rocks. The training was difficult and getting gradually harder. It culminated with a final fight between Z and Brett in order to complete the last phase of his training.
Z charged at Brett fiercely with his sword. Brett dodged it easily and swiftly and countered with a kick that was blocked by Z. The fight raged on and they traded slashes, punches an kicks. Brett was bruised up and tired but he still was fighting full force and wouldnt give an inch to Z. Brett's speed was amazing and he swung his sword at Z who easily blocked it with his. The fight was completely even but that wasn't enough for Brett who wanted to become powerful enough to defeat Lios. He knew that Lios was getting stronger and he had to train 10 times as hard as him in order to surpass him. Z's sword began to glow with a blue light and he swung it at Brett and a blast came out hitting Brett in the chest. He got up from the blow and his rage began to surface “No I must control it” He closed his eyes and focused everything that he felt and his sword began to glow bright before Brett could do anything Z charged at him ready to go in for the kill. Brett struck Z with his blade and release a blast that consumed both Z and Brett.
When the smoke cleared Z was a hundred yards away from Brett and both their swords were shattered. Brett stood his body shaking as Z collapsed on the ground. “Well Brett congratulations you surpassed me and now you must go train yourself. I taught you all I can now you must learn to fight your own way” With that Z held the sword pendant on his neck in his hand and it's light surrounded him and he was gone Leaving Brett alone in the isolated region. “So now its my turn to develop my strength my own way.” said Brett as he fell backwards on the ground.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Well, the characters and story is interesting, and I wanna see more of the goddess xD There's a little problem with pacing though, and chapters should be longer.

Henskie

I'm Batman
The story really hasnt even begun yet and until it really does then the chapters will tend to be shorter you will know when the story starts lol and there will be more of the goddess lol

Henskie

I'm Batman
here is more

Chapter 6- “Reunion”
The sun shined brightly on a Boston baseball stadium as a crowd sat enjoying a game between the Red Sox and Yankees. The crowd cheered and celebrated as their teams played not knowing what was coming from beneath them. Hidden beneath the bleachers were the white knights planning to do a massive removal of the darkness from the crowd's souls. They knew most of them wouldn't survive but they didn't care because it was all in the name of their goddess. Half-way through the game they marched out onto the field in the middle of the Red Sox's turn at bat. The crowds began to boo and yell at them to get off the field and the cops and security rushed on the field to get them but were sent flying by the knight's powers. They stood in the center of the field and held out a black crystal. They said that in the name of their goddess they shall cleanse these unworthy people of the darkness that burdens their souls. The orb began to glow and a vortex surrounded the entire stadium.
Before they could continue a sword came flying out of nowhere and pierced the crystal and split it in two. Out of nowhere a hooded figure appeared and landed a few feet away from the circle of white knights. One of the knights removed his helmet to reveal it was Lios leading them. The cloaked charged at them with godly speed and jumped over them and grabbed his sword from the ground. He landed on the other side of them and stood ready to fight.
Lios snapped his fingers and a group of 3 of the knights charged at him with spears. With great ease the cloaked man dodged them and sliced them in two. As their bodies fell limply to the ground the crowd ran screaming from the stadium as they could. Lios was not affected by the loss of a few of his knights he held up his hand signaling them to hang back. He drew his sword ready to fight. Lios charged at the cloaked man with his sword glowing and the cloaked man's sword began to glow as well and when their swords collided Lios was repelled. The cloaked man stood unaffected from the attack. Lios was furious because this meant he would have to reveal his true power even though he felt his opponent was unworthy. He ran his sword blade with his hand and it began to glow brighter than it ever had before. Then the sword began to spark with power and it was obvious this was going to be no normal attack. Lios charged at the cloaked man who had already matched the power and brightness of Lios's sword and maybe even surpassed it. Lios got closer and then smashed his sword on the ground releasing a giant gold dragon that was so powerful that it destroyed the ground around it. The cloaked man charged at the blast and slashed the dragon in two and after he had annihilated the dragon he came after Lios. The power from the cloaked man's sword was so great that it tore the ground up and he dashed towards Lios. “Now its over!” yelled the cloaked man as he swung his sword at Lios who blocked it with his sword causing it to shatter into pieces. The cloaked man's blade cut Lios's chest.
The wind blew heavily as the cloaked man stood over Lios. A mighty gust hit them and blew the hood off the cloaked man revealing it to be Brett. “How... How could it be you?” said Lios who was completely baffled. “You couldn't have gotten so strong in so little time...”. Brett smiled viciously “Well I had a good teacher...” Brett held his sword over Lios's head and as he was about to bring it down a gigantic lighting bolt hit him sending him flying across the field. A bright light surrounded Lios and his nights and when the light subsided they were gone. Brett stood alone in the stadium “Damn Deva. Why did she have to meddle in our fight?” He then sheathed his sword and began to exit the stadium but he sensed someone near. He turned around and there was Kaitlyn standing at the other end of the field staring directly at him. She began to run towards him and jumped at him and hugged him tightly. “I thought you were gone for good” she said with tears in her eyes.

Chapter 7- “Scars of Love and Battle”
Kaitlyn and Brett sat alone in the bleachers of the empty stadium and talked over old times. So Brett where have you been for the past year? “I was training with a man who I had met. I was training so I could protect you and make sure that nothing like that first attack ever happened again. He then left me alone to train and after that I had to find my own way home. I missed you more than you could ever know.” She smiled warmly at hearing this “I thought it was because of me that you left and that you were never coming back. People told me I was crazy for waiting for you for a year and that I was above being with you but I just ignored them and kept waiting”. Brett couldn't have been happier from what she was saying to him “Brett you have really changed before you left you never smiled like you are now it seems like whatever that training did to you it also brought out a lot of good that you kept hidden.” She looked at her watch and realized she was running late and she was going to miss her bus. Brett picked her up and began to run super fast through downtown Boston until he arrived at the train station. He dropped her off and waved good bye to her telling her that he would return home soon and he would see her then. With tears in her eyes she departed heading back home. Brett stood in the crowded train station and he suddenly felt like he was completely alone. He already missed her because he knew he more than likely wouldn't be returning home any time soon.
Half-way across the world Lios was laying in the medical room in the base of the White Knights. Deva walked into the room and Leigha was sitting next to Lios's bed. “Please leave for a moment Leigha I would like to speak with Lios alone” without a word Leigha stood up and exited the room. “So you lost to him eh? I didn't realize that after all this time he was still this strong.” Lios sat up grunting in pain “It wasn't him it was the dark one that I attacked before he somehow became even stronger than that man... He stopped me and it seemed like he did it with relative ease almost like he was even holding back. Thanks to you I survived though. Thank you mistress”. Deva smiled “Have no worries soon you shall have your revenge and you shall eradicate that dark one.” Deva left the room and Leigha rushed in. “I am sorry I told you I wouldn't leave your side but Deva told me I had to leave so I did”. Lios smiled at her “Don't worry about it. I know she asked you to leave and it is okay you should listen to her. Leigha smiled and she took Lios's hand and kissed it. A few hours past and Leigha fell asleep with her head on Lios's legs. Lios couldn't help but think about Brett “How could he have become that powerful so fast? It took me my entire life to get this strong and he did it in a little over a year. It is impossible” He clenched his fists and gritted his teeth but took one look at Leigha and decided that he could probably get some sleep.
In her chamber Deva sat at her mirror. “Well it looks like the time for games has ended. I cannot wait for fate to take its course I will have to force a confrontation” She pulled back her long brown hair in a ponytail and walked over to a crystal ball in the center of her room. She looked into it and the image she saw caused her to laugh. “Well now I know what I will do and I will make sure that this time the battle has a true end with no interruptions” She began to laugh evilly and sat on her bed and laid down.

Chapter 8- “The final battle begins”
A few weeks later Lios was better again and ready to fight. He was called into Deva's chamber for an emergency meeting where he was told that Brett had infiltrated the White Knight's base and kidnapped Leigha and is holding her hostage. His anger began to grow and he asked her what his demands were and she said that he wanted to have a a final battle between the two of them at the entrance to the White Knight's base. She then said that in the condition he is in he would be no match for Brett and she handed him a new sword that she said was far more powerful than his current one and that it should tip the scales in favor of Lios. He sneered and vowed that he would kill him this time for daring to go after Leigha.
At the same time Brett was returning home and in order to fulfill his promise he went to Kaitlyn's house in order to visit her. When he entered the house he took a look around and knew something was terribly wrong. The entire house was torn up. Her parents were lying unconscious against a wall he tried to wake them up but they were unresponsive. He rushed to Kaitlyn's room upstairs and it was also recked. He ran back down stairs and her parents were standing looking at him in almost a zombie state. “Go to White Knight's base...final battle...Lios......Kaitlyn is the prize...” They both collapsed and and Brett called 911 and told them about her parents and then he left the house. One questioned remained in his head “Where is the White Knight's base?”
Out of nowhere Z appeared “Hey Brett I know what happened I will take you to the base.. I have some unfinished business with Deva”. Within a few hours they were approaching the base. Outside Lios stood and his rage was so immense that Brett could feel it. Without warning Lios charged at Brett with his new sword drawn. Brett dodged the attack and Z ran inside the base. With no exchange of words the battle between Lios and Brett raged on. Brett used his natural power to fend off the power of Lios's sword. This fight was so fast paced and intense that the normal human eye couldn't even keep up with their movements. Both of them were giving this fight their all and they were pushing each other to their limit.
Inside the base Z was confronting Deva. “So we meet again Deva... It has been not nearly long enough” Deva smiled at him evilly “The years have not been very kind to you have they Zeke. It has been what over a thousand years since we last faced off? I wonder if you maintained you power as I have.” She held out her hand and released a blast of light. Zeke dodged it and grabbed the small sword around his next and it glowed and turned into a full sized blade. “So Zeke it finally was reborn eh? The Phoenix sword..” Zeke smiled and struck the ground and a phoenix was released and it charged at Deva but she easily deflected it with one hand. “You have lost a lot of power and that is reflected in your fighting. Age finally caught up to you.” She flew at him at lighting speed and dug her nails into his flesh and light burst through him. His body fell to the ground. “I am keeping you alive so you can see your pupil die but even if I do nothing you will die anyway. As she said this the Phoenix sword shrunk back down to its small necklace size.
Back outside the battle was raging on against Brett and Lios who both were exhausted at this point. Brett was the first of them to speak “So why did you kidnap my girlfriend you know I would have fought you anyway” Lios angrily answered back “Thats a load of crap you are the one who kidnapped Leigha and initiated this challenge!” Brett laughed “Who the hell is Leigha?!” At that moment it hit Lios the most obvious thing ever. Brett had never met or even heard of Leigha how would he have known to kidnap her? Brett laughed again “Looks like we both got played by your master. She is the only one that knew this stuff about us. I say we go kick her ass!” Lios nodded reluctantly. They both charged inside with the little power they had.
When they reached Deva's inner chamber Brett was the first to enter. He saw Z's body laying on the ground and the blood spilling from him. “Z! What happened? Did she do this to you?” Deva laughed as she emerged from the shadows. “The weak old man is focusing all his energy on staying alive he cant answer you!” Both Brett and Lios charged at her with their swords drawn but she held out her hands and a blast was released that was so big that it sent them flying into the wall and shattered both their swords. “Now watch!” From the center of the ground emerged two containers: one with Kaitlyn in it and other with Leigha. “You know Lios I never released Leigha's darkness from her like I did with everyone else? Because she was such a loyal servant without it and I knew she would never survive it. Now lets see if either of them is strong enough to survive the process. Deva held out her hand and both of their bodies began to glow. They both started to scream wildly. To Brett and Lios the time felt like centuries watching their loved ones suffer and knowing that they could do nothing to stop it. After a few minuted the darkness was removed from both of them but both their bodies fell lifeless to the bottom of the tube. Then the tubes disappeared. Brett and Lios hobbled over to them and held them. They could feel that neither of them was breathing and that they were both dead. Both Brett and Lios began to cry and then they looked at Deva and their sadness turned to unbridled rage. Even though their power was completely depleted they stood up and gathered all the energy they had for one final attack . They both took off at the same time and channeled their energy into their fist. Deva laughed and held out her hands and prepared for her attack. “Die now!” she yelled as she released an immense blast of power consuming both of them as they attacked with their powered up fists but they couldn't even get close. They were consumed in the light and their bodies seemingly disappeared Zeke used a lot of his remaining energy and looked at the spectacle and began to cry feeling that his pupil was now nothing more than a pile of ash. The smoke began to clear and Zeke saw that a person was still standing but who was it darkness or light?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back