• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dark Knight video game announced

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
But with it being a game based on a film....

It shall fail

No matter how good TDK was, I can't think of a single good 'film-based game' and I doubt this will break the chain.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Batman Begins wasn't a bad game.
Well, IMO. :/

This game is a little late. The movie came out months ago.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
I honestly didn't think they would make a game based off of "The Dark Knight", as beating the late Heath's Joker to a pulp on your screen wouldn't exactly be respectful of Ledger's death and whatnot.

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
Games based off movies are never good, don't get excited.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Batman beats the late Heath Ledger to death on your screen everytime you plop in the Dark Knight DVD.
I don't understand how that's offensive.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
Batman beats the late Heath Ledger to death on your screen everytime you plop in the Dark Knight DVD.
I don't understand how that's offensive.

Well, first of all, that's because you're not doing the beating, and secondly, Heath was, in case you haven't noticed, alive at that time.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
Well, first of all, that's because you're not doing the beating, and secondly, Heath was, in case you haven't noticed, alive at that time.
He's dead now.

Shut up and don't buy it. I know I'm going to have fun beating the shit out of Heath Ledger the Joker.

chaywa

A Picasso Reality
Chronicles of Riddick Escape From Butchers Bay says hello to you.

Technically not a movie game, it's just a pretext that stems from future lore. Can't wait for Dark Athena to surface though

Spiderman 2 was also a solid movie game, and who can forget Goldeneye (even if it is overhyped in my eyes)

The problem here with TDK is that the action sequences weren't memorable enough (or indeed fluid enough) to be translated into user defined control on the small screen, given how the crux of the film was the moralistic dichotomy between the Joker and, well everyone else.

Sweet Genocide

They waited quite some time. Batman Begins was a terrible game, I hope they dont fuck this one up.
But there is always the Asylum.

XjXsOlJa

NHSrep
I bet this game is going to be ok.
And i dont know HOW they are going to do the Joker's voice after Heath Ledger died. (Did i spell his name right?)

Hexgirl1999

I, for one, can not wait. I've never played any movie-- based video games, so I can't actually make an assesment about what it might be from experience. LOL
I think that the only thing that will dissapoint me about it would be if it wasn't for a PS2, which it probably won't be.
There's still my friends gaming consoles!
:)
Now that I've found out about it, it's one more thing to be exited about, after the Arkham Asylum game.

MasterHearts7762

But with it being a game based on a film....

It shall fail

No matter how good TDK was, I can't think of a single good 'film-based game' and I doubt this will break the chain.

I totally 110% agree. Games based off the movies fail. And i dont know what theyre gonna do with the Joker. Best thing they could do is take out the audio from the movie...but it will still suck anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back