• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dark Cloud

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinamizawa Syndrome

Sheer perfection.
I've seen a few threads on this, but they were all extremely old, and I didn't feel like bumping any of them. Anyway, this is one of the best (and also one of the most underrated) games I've ever played! Xiao (the cat kid) was one of my favorite characters; she was my strongest ally for pretty much the whole game, and I just thought she was so damn adorable! ^^ I also liked Rando...he looks so UKE! XD

I love this game, though I have not played it much. I'm only at the second place, the Jungle area. Still, fun times.

Desert_Punk

This game is amazing, and the sequel is even better. Though, I can never beat those games. I got to the end of the first one (and believe me, thats alot of playing) and my brother accidently over wrote my profile, so I said screw it. And I'm at the end of the second one (which doesn't take as long as the first one...or atleast doesn't seem as long), and the end boss gets kind of annoying. But, I've always enjoyed the series and I'm hoping for a third installment.

Hinamizawa Syndrome

Sheer perfection.
Fun times, indeed! Meh, I've thought about buying the second one, but judging from what I've heard, it's not very good...yeah, I may be a little biased in saying this, but it's just that so many sequals just suck compared to their originals *coughkh2cough*. Maybe I'll just borrow it from someone who has it, so I won't be risking money. *poor*

Desert_Punk

Holy crap! The second one is amazing. The story is a little on the bleh side sometimes, but what I really enjoy about the game is how much they've improved the gameplay mechanics.

When weapons break, they don't disappear, they got rid of of the whole thirst thing (its only a status effect caused by monsters and items), you have support characters that have a variety of different abilities, item inventions are always fun, the dungeons aren't ridiculously large, but they aren't tiny either (minus the first dungeon which is only about five floors of actuall dungeon crawling.

I think the sequel was far better gameplay wise than the original.

Xidon

Not highscoring in life
I love Dark Cloud, unfortunately it broke before I could finish it, I got to the port part >:

Dark Cloud 2 was also great, the weapon system was fun, although slow on later levels (maxing out Grade Zero is a pain) and adding the time traveling element was a great idea.

one wing angel

im still working on the demon shaft it was a pretty good game but idk if i wanna go through those 100 lvls just to get a sword i don't need. i felt kinda sorry for Alastor was his name? idk i forgot it's been so long.

Elorah

Awards
Hehe um , I have never actually owned Dark Cloud, but I have the demo at home! XD
It's loads of fun, but obviously I can only do the first little bit, over and over. I haven't played it in a while!
I should! ^_^

Raeneth

Has a custom user title
Awards
Holy crap! The second one is amazing. The story is a little on the bleh side sometimes, but what I really enjoy about the game is how much they've improved the gameplay mechanics.

When weapons break, they don't disappear, they got rid of of the whole thirst thing (its only a status effect caused by monsters and items), you have support characters that have a variety of different abilities, item inventions are always fun, the dungeons aren't ridiculously large, but they aren't tiny either (minus the first dungeon which is only about five floors of actuall dungeon crawling.

I think the sequel was far better gameplay wise than the original.

I'm going to have to disagree with you. The first Dark Cloud is one of the more original and fun games I've played. The second however shouldn't even be labeled Dark Cloud, as it's childish and weak in comparison. The Voice Actors for the game are absolutely terrible. The characters are not likable, building towns is alright, but only fun when you have access to nearly everything. And then you have to be constantly collecting or buying items. Photographing shit is okay, but not the most fun pasttime in the world.

Battles are fun, weapon growth is damn good, and I'm sorry, but I love the fish racing. I play DC2 strictly for leveling up weapons. Everything else about the game. EVERYTHING is terrible in my opinion.

Awards
I'm going to have to disagree with you. The first Dark Cloud is one of the more original and fun games I've played. The second however shouldn't even be labeled Dark Cloud...

Funny you should mention that, because everywhere outside of the U.S it was called 'Dark Chronicle'.

Anyway.
I thoroughly enjoyed both games. Very original concept, and an excellent delivery. Unlike other games in its genre, you have to adjust your playing style to suit the game, making the whole thing a unique experience.

Looking forward to the third installment.

Zackstorm

Awards
Wow, I'm kinda surprised everyone likes the first game that much...

In my opinion, Dark Cloud 2, is an amazing game and I prefer it waaay more than the first.

Probably one of my favourite games, and really the first game I spent forever playing, aside from probably Pokemon.

Vegnahollows

Kya~ Dark Cloud thread <3
Yeah, I love DC. It's one of my favorite games of all time. Never played the second one, though.
SOOOOO... did anyone hear the rumor about Dark Cloud 3? It's supposed to be released in 09 and run on the "Kumo Engine". I hope it's true.

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
3rd installment? FINALLY!

Dark Chronicle, I think, is one of the best games I have played, but I thought there was far too much emphasis on things like fishing, photography and spheda. Those were a nice touch, and good in doses, but if you wanted to complete the game to the fullest it meant you had to be constantly vigilant to photography opportunities, and go around every dungeon playing spheda...which I actually found quite hard at points.

Hmm, I get the point about weak characters, but I think the strength of the overall plot, and then the sub-plots was really good.

Vegnahollows

It's funny, Level 5's games are always big hits. No question why.
Well, if Dark Cloud 3 doesn't come out, I'll always have White Knight Chronicles.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back